Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum Archive 3

How to get military Retiree's Records

The following is quoted from the Navy
Retired publication "Shift Colors" Volume 44, Issue # 4 dated October -
December 1999:

"The following procedures should be followed in order to locate a retired
military member. The Privacy Act prohibits the release of the addresses;
however, there is an easy way to locate a former retiree. Simply write a
letter to the retiree. Place it in a stamped envelope (only one per envelope)
with the retirees name on it.

In a short note provide what information you have about the person you are
trying to locate. Include: complete name, rank, social security number, birth
date (approximate age) and any other identifying information that might help
the locator identify the person. State your reason for wanting to contact
this person.

Place the postage-paid, sealed envelope and your note in another envelope and
address it to the appropriate service (see list of addresses below). A search
fee may be required for each name. There is generally no fee charged if the
request is from a parent or immediate family member. You will be notified
only if the retiree cannot be located. Each branch, excluding the Army,
provides this service.

Commanding Officer U.S. Air Force World-Wide Locator
Naval Reserve Personnel Center AFPC/MSIMDL
(Code N33) 550 C St., West, Suite 50
4400 Dauphine Street Randolph AFT, TX 78150-4752
New Orleans, LA 70149-7800 (210) 565-2660/2706
(504) 678-5400 ($3.50 fee)
(800) 535-2699
($3.50 fee - don't put return address ARMY
on letter to be forwarded.) No retired locator

HQ Marine Corps Commanding Officer (RAS)
CMC (MMSR-6) Coast Guard Human Resources
3280 Russell Road Service and Information Center
Quantico, VA 22134 444 SE Quincy Street
(703) 784-9310 Topeka, KS 66683-3591
(703) 784-9834 FAX (785) 357-3415
(no fee - please provide postage) (785) 295-2639 FAX
(no fee)

A request for decesed records of military members may be obtained by writing
to the following address:

National Personnel Records Center
9700 Page Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63132-5100

You may want to check out their web site at prior to making any request.

Hope this helps someone..... I am not making any of my comments this time lol

George Jenkins

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy