AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum Archive
LUCY, ESTELLE, MANZELLA
In Response To: Lucy & Manzella Harris - Maryland ()
Thanks so much, Regina. I know we have spoken before. I actually would like to know:
1. Who their parents are? Lucy named Richard and Margaret Harris on her social security papers.
2. Was Mary Dorsey's maiden name Harris?
3. Lucy has stated to her children that she was born in Knoxville TN, was that Virginia back then? She also said she lived amongst Indians.
4. I also was curious about Aunt Estelle. On the 1800 census, Matt Dorsey was married to a Laura Dorsey with an adopted daughter, Cora. I am sure this is the same Matt Dorsey because he was a coach driver and that was one of the few things my grandmother had told me about him. Estelle was also an adopted daughter. We are still not sure whether she was really a sister of Manzella and Lucy, they always said she was.
5. I would appreciate any information at all. On the 1800 Ann Arundel census, I came across the family of Charles T. and Manzella Harris with both Mary and Richard as children. This was not my grandmother, but possibly someone she was named after.
Thanks so much.