Try a new Ancestry.com Membership!

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

Footnote.com

Note: Please follow the link(s) on the navigation bar below to search additional messages that have been archived to conserve space. If no link is visible, no messages have been archived on this board.

2010-10-21

*LunchBunch

*LunchBunch

Start: 12:01:45
End: 14:22:39
Chatters: 3rdthawkins, alt, AYWalton, daviss, Ingrid_Doweary, NetNoir, Selma, Seventies Soulchild, Spivey, vkn, yatah

3rdthawkins: hello alt

alt: Hello 3rdthawkins & Spivey

3rdthawkins: hello Spivey

Spivey: Hi 3rdthawkins and alt!

daviss: hello 3rd alt and spivey

alt: hi Mz daviss

Spivey: Hi daviss! Hi again alt.

alt: hello again to you Spivey

3rdthawkins: forgive me alt, but I get little tired of having to deal with stupid white women hello davis

alt: just "white' women LOL

3rdthawkins: sorry for the word stupid, just couldn't think of the word I was looking for maybe crazy

Spivey: The front page didn't load when I came in just now, daviss. Just the top menu.

3rdthawkins: maybe weird

alt: what happened, care to share?

daviss: not understanding spivey

3rdthawkins: No, I can't at the moment, but hey, I have to go through similar stuff with black women, it's just more convient when it's a white one, lol

alt: okay, no problem 3rdthawkins

Spivey: The entire front page of AfriGeneas website is blank except for the menu bar at the top daviss. I left and came back, same. I am here because the menu at the top if there, but that's all that's there.

daviss: wow, that is strange spivey..I am sure you gave it time to load didn't you

3rdthawkins: ok, are we still talking about updating the site?

alt: not sure what we're talking about 3rdthawkins

daviss: did you give it time to load spivey

Spivey: Sorry about that. I was trying to refresh the home page. It is still blank daviss.

daviss: all of mine came out spivey

Spivey: Okay. Different problems for different people at different times it seems, daviss.

alt: wonder what's up with Khathu? he's been MIA the last few days

daviss: wonder what will happen if you reboot No idea alt, but I am hoping his mother is ok

alt: me too daviss

Spivey: The menu bar is there, so I will leave it for now, daviss. I'm not having a problem anywhere else. Was Khathu's mother ill?

daviss: I shot him off an email and have had no response so my thoughts went to his mom yes Spivey she has

alt: was looking at previous posting I've made on Afrigeneas Forums dating back to 2001... seems like we're still speaking to the same issues in 2010

3rdthawkins: (URL deleted at request of Chatter)

daviss: as my mother used to tell us alt, its all a wheel within a wheel

3rdthawkins: Here is a Photo I just recieved of my grandmother, Ruth Marie Hawkins

Spivey: Lovely 3rdthawkins.

daviss: nice 3rd

alt: nice photo 3rdthawkins HS graduation?

3rdthawkins: thx, yes alt, I think so

Spivey: Where do you keep your photos on the Internet 3rdthawkins?

daviss: I was just getting ready to ask hs or college

3rdthawkins: this is ancestry Spivey, this is what I was trying to get you to do the other day in sending a url to the census

alt: you know 3rdthawkins, for me it is often difficult in discussing ancestors with you... when you speak of a grandmother you're in my age group LOL LOL

3rdthawkins: I was told she went to business school, would like to know which, I know from her DC she had HS diploma I'll just call you grandpa alt, so you can get the idea lol

alt: that'll work LOL

daviss: her DC tells you that she went to high school 3rd

Selma: Good Thursday afternoon everyone

3rdthawkins: yes, daviss, actually it answers the question (or marks it)

daviss: wow, what state is that

alt: 3rdthawkins, it's just hard to visualize that when you & I speak of ancestors we're at least 2 generations removed when we mention grands, great grands etc.

Spivey: What state is that death certificate from 3rdthawkins?

3rdthawkins: can you believe it, they actually ask education of the decedent yeah, I understand alt Florida Spivey

daviss: that can surely be helpful

alt: education level is on Ohio Death Index's found on ancestry.. as well as occupation.

3rdthawkins: the only thing it doesn't ask are the surviving family members

Spivey: Hmmm. Thanks 3rdthawkins. My Martin branch is from Florida.

daviss: Texas is so far behind lol

3rdthawkins: except informant of course, if the informant is a family member

daviss: I know they have occupation

alt: the Index's on Ancestry have more 'personal' information than what is on the actual DC's. at least the Ohio DC's

Spivey: What sources do they use to compile this information alt?

daviss: was the education info always on the DC's alt and 3rd or did they change in a certain year

alt: Newspapers, church records, military, anything and everything where an individual may have been involved Spivey

Spivey: 3rdthawkins do you have an actual copy of her death certificate or did this information come from a compilation put together by Ancestry?

3rdthawkins: have no idea daviss, my grandmother's DC (2005) is a little different from my grandfather's (2003) both are florida

Spivey: That is interesting alt. I wonder if they will eventually do that for all the states.

alt: Oops, misunderstood your question.. guess this comes from the informant Spivey

3rdthawkins: Spivey I ordered it from Florida, Ancestry has nothing to do with it

Spivey: So the information is actually on the death certificate alt?

daviss: does your granddads have that info 3rd

3rdthawkins: hold on daviss

daviss: k

Spivey: Okay, 3rdthawkins. I'm just asking if the information comes from the actual death certificate or from records put together at Ancestry.

Selma: Good afternoon yatah

Spivey: Hi yatah!

alt: no, not the DC itself... it is on the 'form' filed out by the funeral director with information provided by the family spivey

yatah: hi

3rdthawkins: yes it does, College (3 yrs) is marked, nothing for HS, guess his daughter didn't know anything about that, but I do no Spivey, actually death certificate

daviss: Selma, I watched Keith Oberman last night and they talked about the Texbook fiasco

Spivey: Ah, thank you alt. That is very interesting. Florida is interesting, too, 3rdthawkins in that they actually put this information ON the death certificate.

Selma: I didn't see...

alt: Spivey, the Ohio DC's state 'highest' level of education

3rdthawkins: daviss, it said he went to college 3 yrs, my gf's cousin told me what college, so I called the college, he actually went there from 1946-1958 but was off and on

Spivey: So, it is there on the death certificate itself alt. That must be wonderful information to have.

alt: and the actual DC's change over the years

daviss: They had the lady on that found it and complained

3rdthawkins: this is where he went to study architect and engineering, actual was a manager of engineering for his career

daviss: persistent I see 3rd lol thats good

Selma: Maybe I will see if I can find online..daviss

alt: or the information contained on the DC's change over the years

3rdthawkins: yes, definitely daviss lol

alt: Washington Post has an article about the textbook thing Selma

Selma: I know alt..I see it yesterday

Spivey: I can see the change between mine and my father's alt. His gives information on how many children his mother had already given birth to, was he a twin and the parents' addresses. Mine doesn't have all that.

alt: okay Selma, didin't understand you as saying you had seen the article online

daviss: here you go selma http://tinyurl.com/y937ucz

alt: Your DC Spivey ??????

Selma: I read the Washington Post on line alt?

alt: okay Selma

daviss: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036677/ns/msnbc_tv-countdown_with_keith_olbermann/

alt: oh, you're speaking about the BC Spivey, right?

Spivey: Sorry, alt. I was thinking about the difference between my birth certificate and my father's. I may have a death certificate though because I feel half dead.

alt: yeah, the information on the BC's changes over the years too.

3rdthawkins: speaking of which alt, have you encountered the parents' place of birth on the BC?

Spivey: Yes, alt, they were much more informative on the older generations.

daviss: seems like the information the lady used came from the internet

alt: yes 3rdthawkins

daviss: sheesh spivey take some vitamins lol

3rdthawkins: thought so, I usually see it, but had to prove something to Spivey

Spivey: I do, daviss, I do. My sinuses have been killing me for the last two months.

alt: We've been screaming about citing sources for years in genealogy, perhaps school/text book writers need to do the same

Spivey: What did you have to prove to me 3rdthawkins?

3rdthawkins: parents' name on BC

Spivey: 3rdthawkins I am not following. I somewhere disagreed with you that the parents are named on a birth certificate?

3rdthawkins: nothing, just wanted to follow up Spivey with someone else who may have seen in

alt: the VA school text book thing is really sumpin', but some folks have been screaming about the neo-con movement and their 'affinity' for mythology over the past few years.

daviss: who is Ken Burns alt

Spivey: Isn't Ken Burns a writer?

alt: I've been almost 'crucified' here in chat for my comments on Black Confederate "SOLDIERS Ken Burns is the fella who does the great PBS documentaries daviss

daviss: I don't know but was hoping they would have had Bennie on oh ok alt

3rdthawkins: ooo, really alt, I missed it, what did you say so I can have a go at you??

Spivey: ROTFL.

alt: that there were "NO" Black Confederate Soldiers.. I'm talking about gun carrying, mustered in and out bonafide SOLDIERS

3rdthawkins: oh, ok, well, I wouldn't totally agree with you, but hey, you may be right

daviss: let Va tell it there were thousand and thousands lol

alt: not some body servant that had his picture taken with a weapon in his hand.

yatah: you guys talk about family history ?

3rdthawkins: no, of course not yatah, you know we don't do that here

yatah: ok

daviss: did you have a question about family history yatah

alt: why so much sarcasm 3rdthawkins?

daviss: cute 3rd

yatah: let me think before i respond back

daviss: I don't see you lacking on your questions

3rdthawkins: like I said, I got peeved earlier to day alt, this lady really got me going, oh, by the way, check your email Spivey if you haven't already

Spivey: Okay 3rdthawkins.

alt: so take it out on us 3rdthawkins .. is that mis-directed frustration/anger? that ain't cool

3rdthawkins: well, go figure, it has to do with another chatroom

yatah: i just figure out who mary darby's children that she has 12 as far

3rdthawkins: I kind of do want to take it out on others, especially vkn, since she's a chatroom host also

Selma: 12 kids..

alt: so please, our names are 'WESS" don't bring the "MESS" here LOL LOL

Spivey: That's great yatah.

3rdthawkins: ok alt, I'm sorry

Selma: You have something to say to vkn?

alt: that's better .. young man LOL lOL

3rdthawkins: I'll try to calm down, but it's not easy

daviss: why 3rd, I can go back on many conversations where we have talked about your family and have even helped.

3rdthawkins: no Selma, I rather not, I'll let it go so I can be attentive to the conversation at hand

Selma: Probably a good idea

Seventies Soulchild: good afternoon all!

3rdthawkins: I know daviss, as alt said, it was sarcasm, just letting off some steam

Selma: Yatah...did you find the Birth Certificates

Spivey: Try 3rdthawkins. However, to stress what you just pointed out, yatah has been trying to talk about genealogy and is not receiving much attention.

Selma: Afternoon seventies

3rdthawkins: ok Spivey, let it go, I'm trying to calm down

Seventies Soulchild: hi 3rd, alt, daviss, Selma, Spivey, yatah

daviss: hello seventies

Selma: Did you have a question about the 12 children yatah?

3rdthawkins: so what's up yatah, sorry about that, being a little menacing today, what was your question?

Seventies Soulchild: quick story: today we gave our first in person offer to an African American candidate.

yatah: yea it all rite

alt: wonderful Seventies Soulchild

daviss: wonderful seventies!

Seventies Soulchild: Oh the young man had us all tearing up alt... lol

3rdthawkins: I think I remember that name, Darby yatah

yatah: yea

3rdthawkins: so you found all 12? or 12 of them?

yatah: yea talk about 12 children that mary darby has

alt: What have you found out/discovered since we last went over your research/genealogy yatah?

yatah: no i not found another 6 children but i have 6 children on list yes there is 8 living children and maybe 4 died or not i dont know

daviss: You may have to wait until the 1940 census comes out to see if any of them are still living yatah

Selma: When was the oldest child born?

alt: other than census records what other types of records have you looked at yatah?

AYWalton: Good afternoon, all.

yatah: josephine darby quiller is oldest i guess

AYWalton: howdy Ms. Selma, davissk, Soulchile, Spivey, yatah, alt. hi 3rd

Selma: What year was Josephine darby Quiller born yatah..I am trying to get a time frame

daviss: If I remember correctly yatah she is the oldest

yatah: i have another name DAVIS , MINTZ which in south carolina too she born 1890

daviss: and of course I think Mel Collier gave you the information on the Davis line as far as what he may have had

NetNoir: hello all

AYWalton: Hello NetNoir.

alt: welcome back NetNoir

yatah: oh i dont know mel collier has davis family i do know quiller family he has

Selma: Afternoon NetNoir Yatah? Do you have a question for us? Yatah..are you there?

NetNoir: Good Afternoon Spivey, AYW, alt, 3rd, Selma and SoulC

AYWalton: hello to you, NetNoir.

Seventies Soulchild: I have a question, does anyone have any new resources that they have been able to locate that has assisted in their research?

alt: Seventies Soulchild, how does the Academy deal with the issue of race on their applications?

3rdthawkins: Baptism records, school records......

yatah: yea i am here

alt: resources ??? types or sites ??? Seventies Soulchild

Seventies Soulchild: well its not required input, you can enter "other" for race and "other" for ethnicity. The choice is up to the applicant.

AYWalton: new resources?

Seventies Soulchild: Yes new or old or expanded. :)

3rdthawkins: those are the two main ones I have looked into Seventies Baptism and School Records Seventies Soulchild my two main ones

yatah: i just wondering if i can find darby and quiller and davis and mintz family which in south carolina same county

Seventies Soulchild: ok 3rd.

alt: resources ... any type of activity your ancestors may have been involved in Seventies Soulchild, they are too numerous to mention

3rdthawkins: what alt said

Seventies Soulchild: I'm discovering that now alt.

Selma: Newspapers

3rdthawkins: who posted a thread about Church Records on the Board

daviss: hello vkn!

vkn: Heyyyyy and howdy 2 all us Netnoir glad to see you again

Seventies Soulchild: Sometime ago, along the line of church records, I became interested in funeral home records.

alt: Seventies Soulchild. I suggest you look at the 'history' of your family thru time periods & locations, then the 'resource' types will become apparent to you.

NetNoir: hello vkn

Selma: Hopefully the funeral home has kept the records...

NetNoir: thanks I thought i would check back in :)

Seventies Soulchild: yes me too, Selma. The one I was looking at changed names and ownership.

daviss: I wish the one funeral home in dallas would respond to me

Selma: Umm..that can pose a problem

Seventies Soulchild: The best way to get people's attention IMO is to come knocking at their door! lol

3rdthawkins: time periods are another thing Seventies Soulchild I can contact the jobs my grandparents worked because they are still in existence, plus they are something unlike farming, etc.

daviss: Baker Funeral Home in Dallas is still in existance and they say they have all the records in a bldg across the street But I have been unable to get them to go and get the two I need

Selma: Do you know anyone in Dallas who could actually go there daviss...

3rdthawkins: Seventies Soulchild funeral homes are good, I wrote a letter to one in SC concering my great grandfather, the undertaker gave the letter to a family member, and that family member gave the letter to her sister. The sister wrote me back, and we've been in contact ever since, she just sent me a photo of my grandmother last nite

daviss: I thought I had a person but they re- niged

alt: and you have to keep in mind what types of records were available for/on our folks during different time periods,

Seventies Soulchild: Nice 3rd

3rdthawkins: yeah, very nice photo, she will send me more also

Seventies Soulchild: Well I can't stay on too much longer, work calls! :)

daviss: In fact I may have at least 4 more relatives that were serviced by Baker

alt: the types of information 3rdthawkins is finding out on his grandparents dating in the 1950's or so may not be the types of records you will find for ancestors in the mid to late 1800's and early 1900's.

daviss: Seventies, glad you got that young chap in

Ingrid_Doweary: Hey everyone

Seventies Soulchild: me too daviss. I can tell he's going to be a great addition to West Point!

alt: Hello Ingrid_Doweary

Seventies Soulchild: Plus he's repping for his peeps! :)

daviss: indeed did you all see where Juan Williams was fired by NPR

alt: yep, sure did daviss

Seventies Soulchild: no, when did this happen?

3rdthawkins: right alt, time period is something I have to look at when helping others as well, I have to remember, they are not talking about 1950s. I wouldn't know what jobs would be opened in 1800s early 1900s, and how they would have operated

Seventies Soulchild: I'm going to have to stay on longer to hear this. . . lol

daviss: just saw it today

3rdthawkins: saw something about that on yahoo

daviss: google it seventies

Ingrid_Doweary: A patron just told me about it.

Seventies Soulchild: Did they indicated why he was fired? Could it be that he works for Faux news?

daviss: comments he made

3rdthawkins: it had something to do with O'Reilly

alt: IMHO, JUan Williams has a changed 'philosophy' since he became invovled with FOX News Network.

3rdthawkins: maybe that explains, it???

Seventies Soulchild: Oh today is Dizzy Gilespies' birthday as well. Check google. Nice google art in honor of him He used to be kind of alright when he was doing local NY news.

Ingrid_Doweary: Aw Respect to Diz the Prez. Respects-Happy Birthday.

Seventies Soulchild: OH he was fired over his Muslim comments... SMH What was he thinking?

daviss: did any of those Boston records posted on the Forum help any of you at all

alt: I cut away from Juan Williams when he started giving the "Black' perspective on the issues from his so-called 'objective' positions.

Ingrid_Doweary: Now my question is what's the difference between what Juan said and what some anglo females say about guarding her purse?

daviss: More and more records coming on line

Selma: Which Boston records daviss?

Seventies Soulchild: I know its great isn't it daviss

alt: didn't help me daviss, but they were great to see.. some dating back to the late 1600's in Boston.

daviss: PF who is a poster put them up yesterday http://www.afrigeneas.com/forumd/index.cgi/md/read/id/23511

Ingrid_Doweary: "...guarding their purse in the presence of black males?"

Seventies Soulchild: hmmm Well for one, Juan Williams has a national audience. Now if you had Sarah Palin or that other woman making those kinds of comments then there would be an issue.

daviss: lots of that went on Ingrid and also crossing the street when a blk male walked by

Seventies Soulchild: An issue of the same magnitude

Ingrid_Doweary: What type of records are those, Daviss?

Seventies Soulchild: Ok gotta go. . . Have a good day all.

alt: Ingrid_Doweary, my problem with Mr. williams on Fox.. why does he have to be so 'objective' whe the other reporters Krauhimer, Hannity, O'Reilly, Karl Rove and the others 'spew' that right wing venom?

daviss: marriage Ingrid etc

NetNoir: hey

alt: and his position is taken as the 'sane' Black view

NetNoir: caught up ...

Ingrid_Doweary: Okay. Now I need to read Juan Williams's comments in full context. Thanks Alt. And thanks Daviss.

NetNoir: Juan Williams isn't really objective on Fox he is more of an apologist for whatever ridiculous clap-trap the host of the segment says

Ingrid_Doweary: I agree his opinions usually aren't objective representations of the Black viewpoint.

alt: that's for sure NetNoir, but he comes off as THE 'sane' black voice vs Jesse, Rev. AL & others

3rdthawkins: I'm sure that would be great resource daviss, I just dont' know any one who would have been in MA at that time. I do have some in MA right now

NetNoir: I have a link to the video

Ingrid_Doweary: Same here 3rd.

NetNoir: where Williams calls Michelle Obama "stoakley charmichael in a dress" he was already on thin ice with NPR from 2009 and he knew it

alt: 3rdthawkins, it is a 'great' resource, just perhaps not in you 'lane".

3rdthawkins: correct alt

Ingrid_Doweary: Why was it necessary to place that label on Mrs. Obama?

3rdthawkins: unless I find my James Payson living there but she did say Negro records he was white

Ingrid_Doweary: Are you thinking out loud, 3rd?

3rdthawkins: no Ingrid

alt: these are NOT Negro records, but records where Negros are mentioned 3rdthawkins

NetNoir: Ingrid -- to "agree" with the present commentary on the Fox roundtable

3rdthawkins: ok, maybe just a little alt, post says Negro Boston Records, am I correct daviss lol gosh, don't kill the messenger lol

alt: so are ONLY" Negroes in those records 3rdthawkins :(

NetNoir: Williams is just an apologist, the guy as alt said -- to "justify" the dominant portrayal of Blacks by Fox

3rdthawkins: don't know alt, I didn't write it, right daviss (help me out here lol ( gosh, I need to open the windows, getting a little hot in here

alt: naw 3rdthawkins, you're still upset with whatever happened on the other chat and want to 'nitpick' here

Spivey: The links were posted by a member with the username PF and he stated the title. Does that help anyone?

3rdthawkins: no alt, I'm not, I'm over that, honest I am, Honest

Ingrid_Doweary: Okay ladies and gentlemen let's behave and learn to work together.

alt: careful, Honesty is a surname in my wife's family LOL

3rdthawkins: oh, ok, sorry davis, it was PF, he's the culprit behind this whole thing or she

Ingrid_Doweary: PF, 3rd?

alt: an FYI - PF= Phillip Fazzini, a prof at Miami Univ of Ohio

Selma: I didn't know that alt

Spivey: Glad to know that alt.

3rdthawkins: ok, that's alt, wanted to know who PF was (seriously), he puts up some good links, doesn't explain much, but they are pretty good

Ingrid_Doweary: Was he part of the interview?

3rdthawkins: that's=thanks

alt: yep Selma .. and Spivey, I know you couldn't get thru the day without that information LOL LOL LOL

Selma: LOL

Spivey: 8)

Ingrid_Doweary: 8)

3rdthawkins: Ingrid_Doweary I never met him, so don't stone me if I don't know who he is. I mean, there are a lot of people doing good that I don't know who they are :()

Ingrid_Doweary: Okay now this topic is way over my head.

Selma: Anybody researching Denmark, Bamberg County SC..I found a school newspaper 1951

3rdthawkins: arrggg. why can't it be Charleston or Berkeley Co.

alt: not me Selma, at least not yet LOL

daviss: yatah may want it just for reading purposes selma

Spivey: My FELDER family was from Orangeburg, South Carolina Selma. If you find anything in that area, I would appreciate your letting me know.

Selma: Its called the Tattler...it was among some papers from a relative

alt: is it form an HBCU?

3rdthawkins: well all got some of those in our family, we might benefit from that NP lol

Selma: Its surrounded by Allendale, Barnwell, Hampton, Colleton and Orangeburg Counties

Spivey: What is NP 3rdthawkins?

yatah: no i just wait your opt feedback oh well no feedback i keep quiet for now

3rdthawkins: yeah Spivey, a few of my grandfather's siblings went to South Carolina College (now State) in Orangeburg short or newspaper Spivey

daviss: ok yatah

3rdthawkins: That is a hbcu

Selma: Voorhees School and Junior College

yatah: i guess you guys done answer my question it allrite

Spivey: Sorry, yatah. I must have missed your question. What was it?

daviss: I just hope you still have a place to keep all your records yatah

alt: yep, that is Armstrong Williams school, Armstrong is another Black aplogist

daviss: It was awhile ago Spivey

Spivey: Okay daviss. Do you remember what it was?

daviss: had to do with the missing siblings and where to look she has found 6 and need 6 more

NetNoir: Armstrong Williams got Paid by Bush for "services" while doing commentary

Selma: Did you ask me if it was a HBCU alt?..all the students are black

3rdthawkins: what time period, 1890 to what? daviss and yatah

NetNoir: 250K ...

3rdthawkins: and in SC?

Selma: Seems to be a High School and Junior college combined

daviss: can you scan it for me Selma

3rdthawkins: I thought so Selma, HS

alt: Yep NetNoir, but he was one of those 'objective' blacks that FOX likes to tout LOL

Selma: Yes...if I remember how vicky.. LOL

daviss: lol lol thanks You did good the last time lol

Spivey: Whose children is she looking for daviss? Josephine Darby Quiller was a name yatah mentioned Is that whose children she's looking for?

yatah: yea mary darby's daughter josephine darby quiller josephine has brothers and sister on list mary darby has 6 more children which i not look up i have no idea who another 6 children

3rdthawkins: that would be a good find yatah if you manage to find all of the other 6, in life or death. My maternal GrGrGr Grandmother had 12 kids, I have all 6 who lived to adulthood, all of them married, only three had kids. I actually have 7 of the 12, the "7th" one was born in 1869 but most probably died before 1870

Spivey: Which list is that yatah?

daviss: later folks time for me to scoot

3rdthawkins: oops, I should say most probably died before 1880

Selma: Time for me to go too...have a great day

alt: my turn....

yatah: look up at 19 10 mary has 12 childen out of 8 living

3rdthawkins: when was mary born yatah?

yatah: mary born 1868

3rdthawkins: ok, so having kids during slavery would definitely be out of the question and her first child was 1890???

yatah: yes

3rdthawkins: ok

yatah: it will chance find 6 more children ?

3rdthawkins: I know Charleston Co. ws the only county do record deaths before 1915, so it will be tough trying to find those kids who died before then

yatah: oh ok there is indian war during time ? t wonder

3rdthawkins: will have to do a little searching in your area, how deaths may have gotten recorded and cemeteries that were around at that time

yatah: yes ingrid

Ingrid_Doweary: Duty calls. Gotta runs folks. Have a great day!

3rdthawkins: sorry about that, my cable internet went out on me

Spivey: I'm leaving now, and will be back shortly.

3rdthawkins: yatah, I don't think there was an indian war during that time in SC, maybe sometime before though

Spivey: I have to put some food on to cook so will see you in a few minutes.

3rdthawkins: ok Spivey

yatah: oh i see because my gg grandma part of cherokee what my family said i dont know if that true

3rdthawkins: hmm, there were a lot of Indians in the state, I know there is a reservation in York County my grgr gf was a Sanders, he was at least part Indian, there are a few Sanders in York County Catawba? sp Indians

yatah: maybe oh really

3rdthawkins: yeah, could look there

yatah: ok will work on that my hawkins from ky and ohio

3rdthawkins: oh, so you have to go outside of SC with your Hawkins lol mine are in SC

yatah: oh i see dang it quiet now

3rdthawkins: yeah, I guess Spivey is coming back??

yatah: i dont know when she or he back

3rdthawkins: she said in a few, so, don't know when that will be, hopefully soon, as I am ready to head out

yatah: ok mine too i have feed my little one s

3rdthawkins: will catch you later yatah, have to go

18 Dec 2002 :: 1 Feb 2009
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy