Try a new Ancestry.com Membership!

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

Footnote.com

Note: Please follow the link(s) on the navigation bar below to search additional messages that have been archived to conserve space. If no link is visible, no messages have been archived on this board.

2010-09-09

*LunchBunch

Start: 12:02:16
End: 13:23:40
Chatters: 3rdthawkins, alt, AYWalton, daviss, keli1, Selma, Seventies Soulchild, Spivey, vkn

vkn: Good Thursday 2 you! Good Thursday 2 you! daviss

daviss: Hello vkn, how are you?

vkn: Better than yesterday

daviss: well thats a good sign

vkn: lol i reckon

daviss: I am waiting on the man to come pick up my car for a diagnostic if it aint one thing its another lol

vkn: oh dear hope it is not too over the top

daviss: if it is, it will stay over the top lol

Seventies Soulchild: Good afternoon!

vkn: U got that right. It is called living lol

daviss: yep hi seventies

Seventies Soulchild: Finally I can get on... lol

vkn: Howdy Seventies

Seventies Soulchild: hi vkn, daviss

vkn: oops you be having log in in probs seventies

daviss: I still have two brothers on the sick list so I dont need any other worries

vkn: I know that is right daviss

Seventies Soulchild: yes, issues with the network, nothing on your side. . .

daviss: is that at home or work seventies

Seventies Soulchild: at work

alt: hello daviss, 70's & vkn

daviss: well there he is....hi alt

Seventies Soulchild: hi alt

daviss: everything went well yesterday alt

alt: very well daviss, no blockage where I had the bypass surgery, now we need to determine the why for the swelling in my left leg.. Good News overall!!!

daviss: thats good news now to take care of the rest alt

vkn: GRRRRRRRRRRRREATTTTTTTTT Alt

Seventies Soulchild: Glad you are doing well alt.

daviss: can't have that leg swelling up..its Football season!!!

alt: rest I shall... even tho' Anita us tiered of waiting on me LOL LOL

vkn: put down the salt shaker alt and swelling will decline lol

daviss: You need it to jump up and cheer for the Cardinals lol

alt: No salt vkn

Seventies Soulchild: Well good news, my cousin has sent me photos of almost all of Scott Washingtons children. I just need one of my uncle Elijah... very excited.

vkn: hmmmm

daviss: thats good news seventies

vkn: hmmmm well get a different diuretic alt lol

Seventies Soulchild: So now, I'm waiting on a couple of cousins who want to put a book together. And they want to do it right now... lol I tell them to be patient more research has to be done.

alt: wonderful Seventies Soulchild.. do you have an 'ancestral album' in your genealogy package?

daviss: mabe its something different you are eating that retains water alt

Seventies Soulchild: No. My cousin is a graphic designer she's going to put the book together. But we need more photos. They are out there, just have to track some people down.

alt: it is daviss and all of this diabetic medication I'm taking plus little or no exercise.

daviss: Put the call out on FB Seventies

vkn: Exercise is the key and I do so little of it.

Seventies Soulchild: I tried that with the Callins and FB blocked me from sending messages. I was a little upset.

daviss: me too vkn and I have a YMCA subscription

alt: FB really works in 'harvesting' photos Seventies Soulchild. at least it has for me.

Seventies Soulchild: So I'm going to post it on the Washington-rounds page

vkn: Seventies I know you be tired of naggings from me so I will get offen yo back lol

daviss: mabe you need to change settings seventies

Seventies Soulchild: LOL vkn sorry, I have been VERY busy with work and the kids starting school again, but I did get your message from yesterday

vkn: okies me understanding

Seventies Soulchild: This is a busy time of year for people in academics. I think I may reactivate my Family Griot FB page.

vkn: homeademics too

alt: you just have to keep 'bugging' folks for photos Seventies Soulchild and yes keep your web page active.

Seventies Soulchild: Two pages were just too much to manage alt along with the other things I am doing. . . Stuff just seems to fall by the wayside. . .

daviss: well now that "he" is off your mind :? lol

Spivey: Hi alt, daviss, Seventies Soulchild and vkn!

alt: Hello Spivey

daviss: hello Spivey

Seventies Soulchild: LOL Ms daviss watch it now! lol

daviss: hehehehehehe

vkn: howdy spivey

Seventies Soulchild: hi spivey hi 3rd

alt: hello 3rdthawkins

3rdthawkins: hello alt daviss Spivey vkn and welcome back to LB Seventies Soulchild

daviss: So I also guess you have given up the radio stint to seventies

Spivey: Hi 3rdthawkins!

Seventies Soulchild: LOL oh yes!

daviss: hello 3rd

vkn: On FELDER Spivey they seem to have been originally rooted in the Montgomery AL area starting with Isaac

Spivey: Huh?

Seventies Soulchild: I've gotten a response from someone who is searching for Burwell Lanier in AL on Genealogywise.

Spivey: I never traced them back beyond Elloree South Carolina.

vkn: On FELDER Spivey they seem to have been originally rooted in the Montgomery AL area starting with Isaac then moved to the Jacksonville Frenandina FL ST Marys GA area

Seventies Soulchild: Here I thought that lead was dead.

daviss: pops up at the greatest of times huh seventies

Seventies Soulchild: Yes, since I put it out there that I was going to start researching my AL family, now things are popping up.

Spivey: I don't even have an Isaac Felder in my immediate line, vkn. I have Isaiah but no Isaac.

Seventies Soulchild: Now I have to figure out how I'm going to do this line. . .

alt: once posted to the 'Net they almost never die Seventies Soulchild.I'm receiving messages to postings that have been out there for 8 to 10 years.

vkn: I see thought you were seeking an Abram or Abraham

Seventies Soulchild: Oh wow.

vkn: Me too alt

Spivey: Yes, vkn. Abraham Felder [Abe or Ham] was my daughter's great grandfather.

vkn: Was he SC AL or GA?

Seventies Soulchild: speaking on 8 to 10 yrs... I still don't have a video of my presentation in washington dc. . . I'm getting a little bothered about this.

3rdthawkins: Seventies Soulchild alt that was my main thinking, something has to spark someone to search, you have to post, you never know who is searching, something happens to spark a person to search, even if not for genealogical reasons,

alt: new folks just dtaring their research and folks who have let the research slip for a few years.

Seventies Soulchild: right.

3rdthawkins: even if it takes 10 years

Spivey: South Carolina vkn, but other states are not to be discounted. He was Jewish and I think did at one time live in Florida.

Seventies Soulchild: In addition to that now, the real family genealogist Gwen is asking me to write a short book about the family history.

3rdthawkins: unfortunately for me, some people have passed that had posted messages 10 years before

vkn: hmmmmm

alt: yup, we can't all be at the same place/level of research at the same time.

Seventies Soulchild: Hello Selma

alt: hello Selma

Spivey: Hi Selma!

3rdthawkins: hello Selma

vkn: Selma

Selma: Good Thursday afternoon everyone...

alt: Seventies Soulchild family history or genealogy? and is this just one ancestral line Gwen is asking for?

Seventies Soulchild: Well this would be my Washington and Rounds ancestors. Two lines

alt: are they connected lines?

Selma: Congrats on getting the photos seventies

Seventies Soulchild: yes, by marriage. Great grandfather Will Washington married Alice Rounds. . . Tracing Rounds and Washington ancestors thanks Selma

alt: so it would be Will & Alice (Rounds) Washington descendants, right?

Seventies Soulchild: yes that would be me... Also doing their ancestors.

Selma: Seventies the current issue of the Journal of AA History has an article on AFricans in Mexico

Seventies Soulchild: Oh I'll have to go to the page. . .

vkn: That is Alvas topic Selma

Seventies Soulchild: Thanks Selma

Selma: What is Alva's topic

vkn: Black Mexicans

alt: So owuldn't a narrative history of their des. generated by your gen software work for the descenadants with you findings on their ancestral lines work as a "book"?

Selma: Oh I didn't know that vkn She might want to take alook at the article too

vkn: Yes selma she has written a bit about it

Seventies Soulchild: Yes. I wouldn't mind fleshing the 'book' out with some stories.

AYWalton: Good afternoon, all.

alt: hello AYWalton

Seventies Soulchild: Hello AYWalton

Spivey: Hi AYWalton!

AYWalton: hello 3rd, alt, daviss,Ms. Selma, SoulChile, Spivey.

daviss: hello to all I have not seen

vkn: ayw

AYWalton: Greetings VKN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seventies Soulchild: And my people talk alot! So there are plenty of stories. LOL

Selma: Afternoon AY

AYWalton: Selma does that article in the Journal have info on the folks in Vera Cruz or the Costa Chica folks or both?

3rdthawkins: hey Ay

alt: careful with the 'oral history' Seventies Soulchild... Document it as best you can, fiction takes on a life of it's own and is very hard to 'undo'/

Seventies Soulchild: I tread on that very carefully. but these stories have some good leads. Some of I've been able to prove.

alt: excellent work on Afro-mexicans here on Bennie's site.... http://www.lwfaah.net/cent_amer/central_america.htm

vkn: Nice to envelope in quotations and italics seventies

Seventies Soulchild: I've got to run, I've got phone calls to make and other small details to handle during my lunch break. Have a good day all

Spivey: Too late again.

daviss: I wonder if Sharon (seraph) might have some info on that topic as well

AYWalton: Two of the links don't work, but the first and last are working well, alt.

vkn: oops gotta update software check yall out later

daviss: I think her "Celia" has a story that is quite compelling

AYWalton: I don't know that story, daviss.

Spivey: Bye vkn.

daviss: Its something that she has been working on for quite awhile.

Selma: I am looking for the darn journal AY... Good grief right in front of me The title is

daviss: my memory is a little clouded AYWalton but I think she was free

AYWalton: interesting.

Selma: The Longue Duree of AFricans in Mexico: The Historiography of Racialization, Acculturation, and AFro Mexican Subjectivity

alt: WOW!!!! quite academic sounding

Selma: Written for other historians to read, cause too academic for me..but they had some interesting footnotes..you know I am into footnotes

daviss: hello keli1

alt: hello keli1

Spivey: Hi keli1!

3rdthawkins: hello kel1

Selma: It does day...for AFro Mexicans today, persistent discrimination continues to limit their opportunities for economic advancement in Mexico, even though formally they are citizens entitled to full rights

keli1: hello there everyone...

AYWalton: greetings, keli1!!

Selma: It does Say

alt: we of African descent catch 'heck' wherever we're located, huh Selma?

Selma: Yep

keli1: I found where Lawson Goings was born and his parents name, I am so excited, thanks to Irita

daviss: seems that way alt Good for you keli1!

alt: I saw that on the "Family' sites keli1, congrats

Selma: Doing the Happy Dance keli

daviss: How is Irita keli1?

keli1: AY, rememberr I wrote the letter to my ggg grand father and etc, well he answered, Irita is doing find, just indexing away...that record has not been on family search, I check once a week

daviss: ggg Keli1?

AYWalton: is that right? Wow-----details---what did he say?

keli1: he was born to Joseph and Nancy Goings in Loudoun County VA

alt: keli1, check with Denise Oliver Velez and the AfriGeneas forums. she is an 'expert' on Loudoun County, VA. I don't think it is a 'burned county'.

keli1: I will, made some connections last night

AYWalton: wonderful!! You must be excited!

daviss: Happy dance indeed keli1

keli1: he was born in 1806! happy dance indeed...again that darn record had not been there in the last 5 yrs

alt: this get you back to like 1807on that line, right... with some solid documentation.

keli1: I had his obit so new his death date, just didn't know what county he died in, cause it was not the county he lived in

daviss: when did he die keli1

keli1: he died 12 July 1874 in Clarke County VA,

daviss: Also wondering if they updated Family Search lately or are they just updating the Beta portion

keli1: yes Art, this of course leads to another County-Loudoun

Selma: There is a good library there keli..the Balach?

keli1: Irita saw it in July, I didn't, I use the beta and pilot site,

Selma: http://www.balchfriends.org/

keli1: Loudoun is next to Jefferson, and Clarke on the other side of Jefferson, I been in 85% of all cemeteries in Clarke, so far he is not there

daviss: wow thats a lot oc cemeteries oc = of

keli1: thanks...Selma, now on to Loudoun for Joseph and Nancy Goings-just dont' know if they stayed in Loudoun or moved on to Jefferson with Lawson, the saga continues they are also still noted as being free...

Selma: I was gonna check to see if there is a register

daviss: Did you happen to get Nancy's maiden name also keli1?

Selma: Denise would know if there was...and if there is no register..then might be info in the county court order books

daviss: I was also going to ask if you and Irita share the same line keli1

Selma: Art there was another sentence in the Mexico article I found interesting..

daviss: keli1 must be still dancing the happy dance lol

keli1: no Nancy's maiden name on her as of yet...I am staying positive

Selma: "In an attempt to minimize the demographic and political influse of indigenous and AFrican peoples goverment officials in the late 19th century

keli1: seems like donald moore or someone just did a talk on burned counties in va..

Selma: developed immigration policies to encourage EUROPEAN immigration to Mexico, mirroring similar efforts in Brazil and other Latin American countries influence=influse

alt: anything to minimize OUR numbers and influence, huh Selma?

Selma: "Whitening" Mexico's population

alt: my happy dance.. finding the gravesite of great-great-great-great grandmother who died in 1848 @ age 79. http://mydatabase.tribalpages.com/tribe/browse?userid=mydatabase&view=26&rand=297037049&id=3437735

Selma: I bet that was a Happy dance alt...I hope you didn't throw your back out.. LOL A wonderful find...alt

keli1: happy dance to Art, yahoo...

AYWalton: ok back again. you must have been thrilled, keli1 with that find!

keli1: one mystery solved, you know our ancestors are always watching and listening...

alt: and there were 'stones for a couple of Lewis Adams Children at that site.. one was date 1843. 1843 stone for child of Lewis Adams http://mydatabase.tribalpages.com/tribe/browse?userid=mydatabase&view=26&rand=872380339&id=3437739

daviss: gotta run

keli1: where is this at Art?

Selma: What does it say alt.. Son of ?

alt: Johnson Cemetery Concord Twp. Champaigh County, Ohio keli1 son of L. & susan Adams died March 1843 aged 11 years old

Selma: OK

keli1: You know I have never found anything in Morrow Co, Ohio -yet!

3rdthawkins: sorry, had a phone call

alt: name Isaiah keli1, your's are the only AA I've even heard of who settled for even a moment in Morrow county, Ohio I doubt if there are any AA families in Morrow county today, if so no more than a few.

keli1: the librarian there emailed me and said there was an area where colored settled...back in the late 1860's

alt: okay

Selma: How long did they stay? I am happy for you both...Ihave got to run, have a great day and keep dancing

3rdthawkins: congrats to you keli1

alt: time for me to split too.. y'all take care

keli1: it is great to have a little break through once in a while they left Jefferson county right after the civil war and was there about 2 or 3 yrs, then arriving in Manistee Mich in 1867

AYWalton: have to run

keli1: I have to head out as well 3rd, it was good chatting good luck!

18 Dec 2002 :: 1 Feb 2009
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy