Try a new Ancestry.com Membership!

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

Footnote.com

Note: Please follow the link(s) on the navigation bar below to search additional messages that have been archived to conserve space. If no link is visible, no messages have been archived on this board.

2014-03-09 • Updating Search Skills

*Sunday

Start: 11:04:32
End: 13:18:02
Chatters: alt, daviss, khathu, Selma, trisha, vkn

vkn: Good Day on Sunday 3 Americans on missing plane New search @ Family Seatch and at Ancestry What skill sets we are needling? Intuitive?

Selma: Good Sunday Morning Mizz Vee

vkn: Good Day Selma

Selma: We have SUN..for two days in a row..Hallelujah

vkn: Grrrrrrrreattttt No snow lol

Selma: Although my body clock is out of wack...had to go back to bed at 10AM to take a nap... LOL

vkn: i too took a nap

Selma: LOL

vkn: Trying to figure out how to get skills to search standard sites Ancestry and Family Search People are complaining I am waiting to see Takes a research environment Mt Vernon holding last meeting in historic church today Church sold to make way for sports center

Selma: Are they moving to new location

vkn: Congregants will make march from church as last act Purchasing a new location. Time is not certain of plan

Selma: Do they have an interim location

vkn: I just catch snippets on the news but not involved otherwise Del and Audrey are more involved Howdy Alt

Selma: Good Sunday afternoon alt

alt: what's up ladies?.... Happy Daylight Savings Day to ya LOL

vkn: We gained an hour ... I reckon Thanx for goodness computer sets its self Digital clocks in house require care and memory of how to set lol

Selma: If you lose the instructions..just forget it Good Sunday afternoon trisha

trisha: Morning all,

alt: was reading the log.. I see vkn has some BIG future planning to do.

vkn: Howdy Trisha and how are things in Alabam

alt: Hello trisha

vkn: Yes alt at age 85 one must have a plan

Selma: You are a "spring chicken"..vkn

trisha: Trying to get over a sinus infection

alt: vkn, I've been practicing the Ancestry "new" search for quite sometime now..... it really isn't that bad and in some aspects it is even better than the "old" search.

Selma: 1/2 the folks I know including myself are having sinus, respitory issues here in VA

vkn: Voting rights had big to do at Pettus bridge this weekend Trish. A relative CBKing was honored

trisha: oh wow...

vkn: Glad you are on top of new search alt

alt: didn't say I was on top of it.... just been practicing....

vkn: Trish what is new research wise

trisha: Ummmm new search, great, lol I am wayyyyyy out of the loop

vkn: Well you are further along than me alt

trisha: last thing I did was post a picture to the states states forum, hoping to see if anyone had any ideas to identify the picture

alt: I know Selma is "on top" of the new Ancestry search

vkn: What progress with the grandmother you were seeking Trish

Selma: Not me

alt: hehehehehehe @ Selma

vkn: Well Selma you and alt might consider classing the rest of we

trisha: Haven't done any research.... Wayyyy out of the loop Lol vkn

vkn: Alt does your research application take you automatically to source sites? Trish do you use the Reunion application

alt: vkn & Selma... poster on the FPOC AfriGeneas Forum.... said she couldn't find anything on her great-grandfather & mother.... about a 5 min search on FamilySearch and I found their marriage record, death certificates and census records from 1900-1930. If you mean my genealogy software package vkn, yes it does

vkn: OK so does mine

trisha: No Vkn, actually haven,t used any app in awhile. I have often thought about getting it. Very few things geared for the mac

alt: I was just pointing out that folks ask for help and say they've looked and you can see they really haven't done anything :|

vkn: People be singing duh duh duh

alt: vkn, Roots Magic is the software that FamilySearch uses and that program 'hooks' into the FamilySearch collections.

vkn: Guess it is hard to know where to begin. Do we need a how to begin webinar Alt what response did you get from the person you helped?

alt: I would think that there are so many "how-to-begin" webinar's/blogs, etc. that it might be easier to just point folks to those that already exist (URL's)

trisha: Thanks...gonna be one of those day :smile:

vkn: okies. How interactive are they?

alt: not sure who you are referring to vkn, but most will give a courtesy thanks and be done with it.

khathu: hello everyone

vkn: ok I was thinking of the finding you posted in chat today alt

alt: hello khathu.. how goes it, you back in DC?

Selma: Good Sunday afternoon khathu

vkn: Khathu Howdy

khathu: I will be heading back in a few hours

trisha: Hey Khathu

alt: that was on The AfriGeneas FPOC Forum vkn... no response as yet, probably too early

Selma: Read your post about the commentary and bad singing of the folks sitting behind you in the theater khathu.. LOL

alt: wishing you a safe trip home khathu

khathu: Other than that the musical was excellent thanks alt

alt: just checked the Forum & see that Vicky responded to the posting.... haven't read what she had to say tho'

trisha: Does anyone have any new findings or points of interest. I am always vicariously celebrating with those that have findings, plus this motivates me

Selma: Ok folks..have to run Have a great day

alt: later Selma

vkn: ok selma

alt: trisha, FamilySearch has me walking on a cloud with all of their frequent updates with new record sets and really Ancestry has been throwing up some good stuff for my areas of research too

trisha: Ahhhh sounds good I need to ck it out

vkn: I hang mostly with family search

trisha: Vkn and alt are u Mac or PC?

vkn: Me Mavericks Mac Trish

trisha: k , I am mountain lion Mac

khathu: have a good day everyone

alt: I'm a PC person trisha

trisha: I will ck out family search today...

alt: I like cheese with my mac LOL LOL LOL

trisha: lol

vkn: lol lol lol

alt: corny, huh LOL

vkn: funny alt

trisha: don't hate it's delish ;D

vkn: A Jimmy Hendrix stamp?

trisha: i just saw that!!

alt: you do know that Jimi Hendrix has roots in Urbana, Ohio before his grandfather, or maybe it was a great grandfather went to Chicago and then out to Seattle.

vkn: hmmmmm My maternal great grandfather is a Hendrix born WVa 1808 No connection

alt: they, or at least his mother was known as Hendricks when in Urbana, Ohio

trisha: they say, just scratch the surface,,,never know what will pop pop up

alt: and that's the truth trisha

vkn: Enough popping already Trish

trisha: lol

vkn: I see where a niece in law is gonna do a medical bit in Haiti

trisha: that is awesome

alt: wonderful, best wishes to her vkn

vkn: Yes on Facebook she is Donna Edmonds Thanx alt

alt: yw vkn

vkn: Takes determination and courage

alt: well, I'm going to have to bid you ladies adieu..... it's Honey Do time LOL LOL

vkn: t

trisha: Indeed. She has my admiration. Hey, did either of u see 12 years a slave?

vkn: bye alt I did not see 12 years Did you see it Trish?

trisha: i didn't see it either. the trailer alone got me might just, later

vkn: Well in chat we concluded that Solomon was naive to be enslaved

trisha: Mmmhmmm just horrific

vkn: Good for McQueen

trisha: absolutely and the lovely Lupita

vkn: Well time to sign out. Come back next Sunday Trish. Lupita is the loveliest

trisha: she has fronted a new beauty campaign, people are gaga over her beauty

vkn: indeed

trisha: , have a great day!

vkn: U 2

daviss: Uh Oh time change!

18 Dec 2002 :: 1 Feb 2009
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy