Try a new Ancestry.com Membership!

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

Footnote.com

Note: Please follow the link(s) on the navigation bar below to search additional messages that have been archived to conserve space. If no link is visible, no messages have been archived on this board.

2013-07-15 • Zacariah White in AL

*LunchBunch

Start: 12:15:49
End: 13:35:54
Chatters: alt, daviss, Khathu, Seventies, vkn

daviss: hi alt! Ok

Seventies: hi daviss and alt.

daviss: hi there Seventies!!! How's it going?

Seventies: so very excited to 'see' me.. glad about that! lol Busy... Trying to get some things together for Thursday. I found somethings I'd been missing like my camera charger. The boys are ready to go, I'm ready to go.

daviss: Yessssssss lol I knew you were getting ready for your trip so I did not expect to see your letters here lol

Seventies: well I am at work, but I think I'm going to take Wednesday off.

daviss: well thats a goodie to have {Camera charger}

Seventies: yes. well the camera has a rechargeable battery. Couldn't find the darn thing for months. I put it away..really well... lol

daviss: I thought Friday was your last day?

Seventies: No flying out on Thursday AM

daviss: ok

Seventies: Reunion starts Friday afternoon out in Sibley. So I'm excited about my African-American Highland Falls page on Facebook.

daviss: I can imagine

Seventies: Lots of people coming onto the page. up to about 63 people. Looking for news stories and other history to post.

daviss: has anyone posted any history

Seventies: I got some information on my e-mail account about the Highland Falls Reunion that is hosted in ATL each year.

daviss: not meaning you and your crew

Seventies: well its going to be a mix of old and new things. not focused on strictly history. More like a community page. I think people have been waiting on this for a while. I'm so glad its going so well at this point.

daviss: good so keep it up "Congrats"

Seventies: So we have a memorial photo album. For pics and obits of those who passed in the community. we had a couple of recent deaths so people are posting about those.

daviss: thats great

Seventies: Thank you daviss!

daviss: ms polite lol

Seventies: You should check out the Obit of Mary Crabb. Think you will like that one.

daviss: will do!

Seventies: I have to practice my good manners or I'll lose them! lol lol lol

daviss: What is the oldest obit you have? we need a smiley for multi- tasking and one for someone who is at work

Seventies: Mary Crabb... lol so there are some photos and a couple of obits.

daviss: ok

Seventies: Sorry got a phone call.

daviss: ha I bet you are sorry

Seventies: speaking of phone calls... Jimmety cricket alt's been on his call since I came online! lol

daviss: lol don't be calling my partner Jimmety cricket

Seventies: lol

daviss: lol lol

Seventies: Are you ready to go on your trip madea?

daviss: I read another post yesterday about two sisters who found eah other on 23&me

Seventies: I read that too.

daviss: No, not yet lol I still need to procrastinate

Seventies: Not me... I need to get it one and done! Almost done. I got a great deal on some clothes for my boys... $5 for designer Hilfiger T's and $10 for Hilfiger shorts and Nautica button downs.

daviss: The only thing I've ever been fast at was running when I thought mom was going after her switch lol

Seventies: lol lol lol I BET! lol lol lol

daviss: Oh speaking of deals the grands came back with lots yesterday

Seventies: What did you get?

daviss: Tyler came home with his dress Stacy Adams

Seventies: go 'head Tyler! What did you get?

daviss: They are very good looking shoes. I did not go the only thing they bought me back was a hamburger because I did not cook lol lol

Seventies: I bet they are.. my kids wore Stacy Adams at that age... nice ones too. Now they are too daggone expensive.

alt: still talking bout Adams Reunion "stuff"

Seventies: lol

alt: whew!!!!

daviss: He has always been into sneakers as his choice so I was surprised he picked those lol. Well his uncle Anthony bought him a couple pair lol alt wb

Seventies: That was nice!

alt: y'all check out my post on FaceBook at the Walter C. Pierce Project in Wash DC & also AfriGeneas .. please

daviss: alt, how did your presentation go? sure will alt

alt: went well daviss .. short talk & a lot of Q & A

Seventies: alt you are the bomb-diggity!

vkn: howdy doody

daviss: alt Seventies called you Jimminy Cricket first :} :? hello there vkn!

alt: was able to "recruit" a couple of possible new members for AAGGMV from the presentation

vkn: aggi tating daviss lol

alt: Hi vkn

daviss: thats great alt

Seventies: No I didn't call you Jimmety cricket, I said "Jimmety Cricket!" lol daviss stop trying to aggitate

daviss: lol @ vkn

Seventies: she sure is vkn. Hi vkn

alt: I saw it daviss.. I was reading the chat as I was talking on the phone

vkn: heyyy seventies and alt

alt: [Seventies] speaking of phone calls... Jimmety cricket alt's been on his call since I came online!� �

daviss: hahahahaha

Seventies: ok so I forgot my punctuation mark... lol shoot me! lol

daviss: vkn is it still raining in Atlanta?

Seventies: I know where its NOT raining. lol Its so hot here I think I'll be able to cook on the sidewalk

vkn: no rain where i am daviss

daviss: Still Seventies.. sheesh

Seventies: Yes we had a few days break, but the heat is turning up again... Supposed to hit a heat index of 105

vkn: bj was here over weekend

Seventies: How is she doing?

daviss: thats nice vkn

vkn: she is well

Seventies: good. Glad to hear it. Well I'm heading towards Alabama, cannot wait to get there either. :) I'm an alabama genealogy newbie!

vkn: yeah

Khathu: Hello everyone

Seventies: Hi khathu

vkn: howdy khathu

daviss: howdy khathu!

vkn: daviss be italic

daviss: lol vkn look how long it took me to discover it

vkn: lol

daviss: My big fat thumb hit the wrong button lol lol

Seventies: So Khathu, what is new with your research on the FPOC in Washington D.C.? The family you were researching.

Khathu: I am trying to get a hold of the Mt. Zion Church records and I need to re-visit the DC Archives to look at some land records again as well visit the NARA for some tax assessment and land records

Seventies: nice

vkn: good khathu

Khathu: I am also working on my book of slave era research have a great day everyone

daviss: khathu must be at work swinging door

vkn: what is focus of slave research era khathu

daviss: he is no longer in chat vkn

vkn: oops i will post fraser slaves from a blog on yesterday

daviss: oh vkn, did you ever settle on someone to look into your research ?

vkn: sent by saundra brown i be the looker daviss

daviss: Are those in your line

vkn: not at all

daviss: meaning paid vkn

vkn: me me me

daviss: lol lol lol ok

vkn: will be in Milledgeville for a week with niece from san diego

daviss: Is milledgeville Ga or Ala?

vkn: ga

daviss: ok and how far is that from where you are?

vkn: 2 hours to middle ga mostly white black folks

daviss: not bad at all

vkn: Seventies what AL counties

daviss: Nothing but good words coming from MAGGI

vkn: Yes good words from the AfriGeneas scholarship recipients Seventies what AL counties other than autauga

daviss: Are any of the winners on the pictures posted on FB vkn?

vkn: have not looked today Working on BENHAM reunion stuff

daviss: you know, I am hearing they many of those who went booked for next year already.. When is the Benham reunion vkn?

vkn: same time as yours but in Chicago

daviss: vkn the will and Inventory I have for my paternal White ggrand has an alabama connect but does not list county mine is this week vkn

vkn: grrrreat but should be easy to find via the plantation records daviss what is name of planter seventies do you have a slaver suspect

daviss: thats just it vkn he came to Texas but not sure when. The will was made out in 1853 He also lists being in Ms

vkn: in al or tx

daviss: common name of james White

vkn: uh oh

daviss: Texas son Zachariah White was given land in Ala

vkn: ALcounties very young in 1853

daviss: but so far can't find him or his death

vkn: mostly ms territory mobile madison or dallas are best bets Huntsville was state capitol

daviss: He had two sons in Ala Zacariah and William. Not sure if his son Rueben was there or not but he left Matilda Inge some Negros in Mississppi

vkn: i would focus Madison county for starters daviss

daviss: ok I will zero in on Madison...thanks so much

vkn: welcome many free black there did yo folks go by name of white

daviss: yes

Seventies: I'm back?? lol

daviss: hahaha

Seventies: Why????

vkn: ahhhh were you locked out

Seventies: I'm supposed to be off my lunch hour. was working with the boss

vkn: i think alt got kicked byeeeeeeeee

daviss: byeeeee

Seventies: bye

18 Dec 2002 :: 1 Feb 2009
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy