Try a new Ancestry.com Membership!

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

Footnote.com

Note: Please follow the link(s) on the navigation bar below to search additional messages that have been archived to conserve space. If no link is visible, no messages have been archived on this board.

2010-08-29

*SunMornBrnch

*SunMornBrnch

Start: 11:18:31
End: 13:31:09
Chatters: 3rdthawkins, alt, AYWalton, daviss, Ingrid_Doweary, keli1, Khathu, ProfessorDru, Selma, Seventies Soulchild, Spivey, vkn

Seventies Soulchild: Hello vkn

vkn: good Sunday

Seventies Soulchild: yes it is! :) Hello Ingrid

Ingrid_Doweary: Good Morning Seventies and Vkn I'm good this morning. Respects to MJ. I was just appreciating the Meet the Press broadcast covering the 5th anniversary of the Katrina Flood Disaster What was wild about your weekend, Seventies?

Seventies Soulchild: Yes and the commemoration of the March on Washington

3rdthawkins: Seventies Soulchild you remember when I was telling you all in chat a few months ago how my gr gm Ella wanted to move to NY but her husband my gr gf wanted to stay in S.C.?......Well, it seems she moved there few a while, they never divorced, she eventually came back, they were still married and were living together. Obituaries and City Directories proved that. They both died in S.C. So I am so happy for that and to find out that news

Seventies Soulchild: The kids.. and getting ready for school next week. :)

3rdthawkins: oh, I'm sure you are happy Seventies, I forget the kids over on the east coast go to school in September

Seventies Soulchild: Good 3rd!

Ingrid_Doweary: On the commemoration with the Beck "Reclaim the Honor" Rally and the the "Reclaim the Dream" March in Washington, DC?

3rdthawkins: ty Seventies

Ingrid_Doweary: Good for you, 3rd.

3rdthawkins: ty Ingrid

Ingrid_Doweary: YW

Seventies Soulchild: Yes. It seems like there was a lot more 'black oriented' stories in the press this weekend. The national press.

vkn: Howdy and Good Sunday. came in a bit earlier but ran out for a few.

Ingrid_Doweary: However, This Week has gone about 3 weeks without mentioning any obituaries of color. I'm sure there is more than one interpretation of that.

Seventies Soulchild: interesting. . . that's what I'd been doing this AM looking for obits

Ingrid_Doweary: That's grand! lol So Seventies, any discoveries of note from your search?

Seventies Soulchild: Yes, I found a deceased niece of my great grandmother Alice Rounds Washington What my method is to get the names of family members from the Obits and research them to see how they are related.

3rdthawkins: hello alt

Ingrid_Doweary: Just received a funeral program for a second cousin who was in her 90s. Of course I learned a great deal about her from it. Interesting research method, Seventies. I can relate. Hey Alt.

alt: hello all...3rd, Ingrid, 70's & vkn

Khathu: hello everyone

Ingrid_Doweary: Sunday morning is news programs playing in the background day for me. Hey Khathu.

vkn: Howdy Khathu my intention to post the civil war fell short if its goal. Would you like to continue the discussion at the next SatNite chat ?

Seventies Soulchild: Ingrid, so far it seems that alot of folks married between several of my family lines...lol

Khathu: sure vkn I was re-reading Black Master: A Free Family of Color in the Old South by Michael P. Johnson & James L. Roark

vkn: Great will try and change the room to be moderated to ease the discussion

Khathu: in it they talk about a group of FPOC who pledged their allegiances to the defense of South Carolina after it had seceded from the Union

Ingrid_Doweary: Any background information about that, Seventies.

Khathu: the book focused on the life of William Ellison a FPOC who owned close 100 enslaved people

vkn: did he own family and is the book fact or fiction Khathu

Ingrid_Doweary: Yes Khathu, I finally did some thorough reading of Ervin Jordan, Jr.'s book Black Confederates and Afro-Yankees in Civil War Virginia. Good information.

Seventies Soulchild: hmm background information, how do you mean Ingrid_doweary?

Ingrid_Doweary: For how they married, Seventies.

Khathu: Ingrid - when one start researching the community in which one's ancestor lived it becomes very evident that several families married each other

alt: what county(s) is Ellison located in Khathu?

Seventies Soulchild: Oh okay... Mostly by looking up their parents, if listed. Many of these people were born in the early 20th century and their parents in the late 1800s

Khathu: he was a slave owner like his white peers of the time the book it fully source cited

keli1: good morning, soon to be afternoon to all

Seventies Soulchild: Looking over some of their descendants surnames. Some of the people I know of by name

Khathu: a companion book entitled No Chariot Let Down deals with the letter of the William Ellison family

Ingrid_Doweary: Yes, Khathu. I was reading the acknowledgments in Jordan's Book. Caught a title of interest regarding the topic on Confederate States Colored Troops.

keli1: Is anyone researching in Greene Co. TN?

alt: I find Wm. Ellison in the book Free Negro Owners of Slaves in Sumter Co. SC in 1830..... at that time he had only 4 slaves... with 12 persons listed in his household

Seventies Soulchild: I've got to go, I'm heading up to go school shopping. I'm already not going to beat the rude NY crowds and the Hasidim.... so let me get out of here. Have a great day all!

Khathu: Ellison was listed as one of the wealthiest FPOC of the South He listed in Sumter District, SC

Ingrid_Doweary: Thanks for the citation, Khathu. The title I encountered was The Confederate Negro by the late James Howard Brewer of Durham, NC

keli1: Art, did I email you info on the monticello slaves during the Levy period, it does have some Randolph connects of course, but lots of resources

vkn: Keli not sure at the moment talking about books

3rdthawkins: speaking of that alt and Khathu, last Sunday I was reading a book on google about black slave owners in South Carolina. John Holman Sr. a white man had children by an African woman in Africa and was a slave trader. He eventually entered the U.S. and had a plantation. He left his plantation to his sons John Jr., and I think the other was Samuel. But Sam wasn't able to keep it up and it was taken. John Jr. moved back to Africa as did his brother. their sisters were still in U.S. married and their husbands owned slaves

keli1: okay, thanks

3rdthawkins: it was interesting that they gave their slaves African names

Khathu: interesting 3rd

Ingrid_Doweary: Interesting info, 3rd.

vkn: Name of book 3rd

3rdthawkins: let me see if I can find the link vkn brb

alt: The majority of the FPOC owning slaves ..were in fact owning their own family as most of the 'wives' were not FPOC and the children of the couple took on the status of the mother and that was of a slave. sort of a complicated situation.

vkn: A good potential project would be to track those families to 1930 census

Khathu: in the 1860 Slave Schedule - W H Ellision is seen as owning a lot of slaves

3rdthawkins: Black slaveowners: free Black slave masters in South Carolina, 1790-1860 By Larry Koger here's a link http://tinyurl.com/2f4wj3b

Khathu: in this case i doubt seriously that most were his family

vkn: Oh yes thanx 3rd. Koger has done some good work

alt: while we're referencing these books on black Slave Owners & Confederate Soldiers are we also checking the background, references and agendas of the authors?

vkn: Interesting to see the household analysis in 1880 khathu

Spivey: I find it interesting that when White men owned their own children, we tend to think of the children as nothing but slaves of their white fathers, but when Black men owned their own children, we tend to think of it as some kind of emotional largesse if you will.

alt: Khathu, I'm not saying in all cases all of the slaves were family as is obvious in the case of Wm. Ellison.

Khathu: one shouldn't be surprised that a person of African descent or any other person for that matter would participate in a system that exploited the majority of their group. there were Jews who assisted the Nazi, Native Americans who assisted U.S., etc........ however that doesn't negate the issue of exploitation by the oppressor

Ingrid_Doweary: For sure Alt about author backgrounds.

alt: very true Khathu, but are you saying those situations were the 'norm'?

Ingrid_Doweary: Perhaps, Khathu is noting some visible patterns in practices?

Khathu: it is the norm amongst all people. keep in mind a certain segment (although small) benefit from the oppression of their people and will fight to maintain that system whether it was system, jim crow, force removal, apartheid, the caste system, coup, etc. it is human behavior i.e. greed, individualism, etc

vkn: 3rd have you explored the TOWNSEND family in Madison County AL and the attempt of the white father to leave his estate to his half Black children

Khathu: it crosses racial, gender, cultural, religious, gender, socio-economic levels

3rdthawkins: No vkn, I'm more looking at the Townsends in Mississippi

alt: my point seems to be that these authors are writing about these situationa as if it was the 'norm' for Blacks to "own" slaves and fight as 'soldiers' in the Civil War... question (?) was that the "norm" for blacks and AA descended folks of that time period?

Khathu: the problem individuals trying to use this as a justification for ones exploitation and oppression by stating - your own people owned slaves

3rdthawkins: haven't really started yet, don't know where or how to start

Khathu: in the Ellison book that is not the case. They talk about the unique situation that William Ellison

alt: okay Khathu

3rdthawkins: Anna Williams posted a message about Alabama Townsends on the boards, I see

vkn: It would appear to me that authors write about the exceptions

ProfessorDru: Hey Gang

alt: Hello ProfessorDru

Khathu: i think these book show that we are not a monolithic period and the experience of AA during slavery varied even amongst FPOC and the enslaved

3rdthawkins: speaking of authors, what do you all think about the article posted about the Lee Slaves and Slaveowners of Fairfax County Viirginia, Sully/Sullen Plantation

ProfessorDru: Will anyone be attending the AAHGS conference in October?

Khathu: I will not be attending

alt: and that's for sure Khathu .. non-monolithic in any sense of the word.

keli1: I plan on attending

Ingrid_Doweary: I plan to attend. ProfDru.

vkn: Well I was citing the Townsends as a case in point to the current conversation

3rdthawkins: oh ok

alt: I doubt if I will be there ProfessorDru

keli1: are you going Dru?

ProfessorDru: Ingrid, it will be good to meet you face to face. Keli, it will be good to see you again. yes, Saturday. Ingrid or Keli, are either of you presenting?

keli1: yes

Ingrid_Doweary: I was just planning to attend, ProfDru.

keli1: yes it will be great to see you again...did you find the comic books, I have 6 if you need them

ProfessorDru: I have not looked for them yet, Keli.

keli1: Art, you will be missed, I heard Knoxville was good based on blogs

alt: Khathu,, how was Wm. Ellison able to accumulate so many slaves from the stated # of 4 in 1830 to 100 in 1860?

ProfessorDru: I will be doing a workshop on using computer voice recording software.

Khathu: i will have to re-read the book

vkn: At one time we discussed books on Wednesday evenings what do you say to setting that again? Authors would be invited to present

ProfessorDru: Keli, what is your presentation topic?

keli1: oh I hope to attend that one,

Khathu: from what i remember he was treated like one of the good ole

keli1: not sure, I submitted two, file and time management and WW2

ProfessorDru: ok

Khathu: He was a cotton gin maker and master craftman He engaged with the Means Family which owned some of my ancestors

alt: okay... and was he born free? the child of a white man & slave woman?

keli1: I think I heard they extended the deadline for papers, which might mean....not enough

Khathu: no was manumitted in 1820

alt: okay... does it say by whom?

Khathu: he was mixed race but not sure if he was the child of a white man and enslaved woman

alt: his age is listed as being between 36-55 in the 1830 census.

ProfessorDru: Hope everyone got to see my tv interview. If not, it is online at http://www.anotherview.tv/post/Genealogy.aspx

Ingrid_Doweary: Thanks for the link.

ProfessorDru: probably so, Keli, not enough proposals.

Spivey: Bookmarked it ProfessorDru.

keli1: It was a great interview

ProfessorDru: Thanks Keli1

Khathu: It just states a white man named Ellison

Spivey: 36 - 55? Isn't that quite a gap alt?

ProfessorDru: I am pleased with the interview and I had fun doing it.

alt: that's the gap given on those census years for HOH Spivey.

Khathu: correction he was manumitted earlier than 1820. In 1820, he petition to have his name changed from April Ellison to William Ellison

vkn: That is what the age spread is on the census schedule spivey

Spivey: Ah, okay alt. Thanks for the explanation. Thanks vkn.

ProfessorDru: I got FIOS installed in my house this week, not that I have super duper Internet connection. LOL

keli1: what is FIOS?

Spivey: Until a raindrop takes it out ProfessorDru! ROTFL.

ProfessorDru: VKN, look forward to meeting you in Atlanta in November.

Khathu: there is speculation that his father may have been Robert Ellison who manumitted him

vkn: Yes indeed ProfessorDru Sadonya and B.J. will be here for that

ProfessorDru: I forgot what it stands for, Keli, but it is for faster connection with phone, internet, and TV. I did not get the TV services.

Khathu: or Robert's son William

Spivey: Khathu, I am trying to follow. Who is the person you are researching and what relationship does he/she have to the surname Ellison?

alt: that sounds like a reasonable speculation .... does the book give any background for Robert Ellison?

Khathu: just a little bit alt

ProfessorDru: good, vkn.

alt: as you can see by my questions I'm interested .. probably will purchase the book Khathu

ProfessorDru: Spivey, do you have FIOS? Anybody else attending the Family History Expos in Atlanta this November?

keli1: so it is faster than the cable & DSL?....

ProfessorDru: yes, much faster.

Spivey: No ProfessorDru. I have Time Warner cable triple play: Internet, TV and Cable. FIOS is a system that does not operate as well here in NYC.

Khathu: Spivey we are just talking about slave ownership amongst William Ellison a FPOC who happened to interact with the Means Family who owned some of my ancestors. The focus however is on Ellison

ProfessorDru: ok Spivey

Khathu: alt - I will buy the companion book next

Spivey: Okay, thanks, Khathu.

Khathu: authors do a good job in not jumping to conclusions

vkn: Khathu is your MEANS' Kentucky based?

keli1: Khathu, where are these Ellison's

Khathu: Means - Fairfield District, SC Ellison - Sumter District, SC

keli1: "good authors" do a good job of not jumping to conclusions

alt: a note Khathu.. in the 1830 free negro owners of slaves,,, Wm. Ellison is the only one listed for Sumter Co., SC.

ProfessorDru: I enrolled in school this semester-am enrolled in a Career Certificate for Geographic Information System-taking 2 class now-Intro to GIS and Geography.

keli1: It is a decent assumption that all counties/states had a free persons registry

vkn: Khathu is your MEANS' Kentucky based? and are your ELLYSON connected to COWAN in NC I ask because those names border some of my research

Ingrid_Doweary: Sounds very interesting ProfDru.

keli1: Dru, my daughter graduated from FSU with MS-GIS

Khathu: The Means, I am referring to are from Fairfield District, SC alt by 1830 that number had dramatically increased

vkn: Yes ProfessorDru I understand that geographic searching is in the immediate future

ProfessorDru: These classes also help with my genealogy search.

alt: increase of FPOC slave owners in sumter c, or the number of slaves owned by Ellison?

AYWalton: Good afternoon, all.

ProfessorDru: Angela in da house!!!!

daviss: hello everyone!

AYWalton: Hello 3rd, alt, daviss Ingrid, keli1, Khathu, Spivey. Greetings, VKN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope everyone is doing well.

vkn: AYW hope life is fine with w859 on line Heyyyy daviss when is in lol

Khathu: number of enslaved person alt. By 1840 he is listed as owning 26

Ingrid_Doweary: I'm good. How are you?

daviss: lol @ vkn

Spivey: Khathu do you know the proximity of Orangeburg South Carolina to Sumter?

alt: yes, I see his increases Khathu... he had to be a very successful person.

Khathu: no i do not but i think it is very close but don't quote with making cotton gin i am sure he had a lot of business

vkn: Khathu I am wondering what the Legislative Acts if SC will show about ELLISON

Khathu: according to the book, he lived near the wealthiest plantation owners

ProfessorDru: Selma in da house!!!

Selma: Good Sunday mornin folks

alt: sumter is 2 counties North of Orangeburg

vkn: Selma howdy doody we be talking ELLISON a SC Black enslaver

Spivey: Khathu I'm asking because my daughter's great grandfather, Russell FELDER, was the child of a Dea/Dew ADDISON [as clearly as I can make out the surname]. ELLISON is close.

Khathu: by 1850 he is listed as owning 41 slaves

Ingrid_Doweary: Oh Spivey, have you searched for Russell Felder in any historical newspapers?

vkn: ADDISON is a big slaver Spivey Alabama Florida

Khathu: correction 38

Spivey: Russell FELDER was born in South Carolina vkn.

Khathu: so it was not a 100 as I previously stated

Spivey: Yes Ingrid_Doweary.

alt: Sumter appears to be in the center of SC a good distance away from Charleston and the costal area's where Rice is the main crop.

3rdthawkins: Addison rings a bell, my Sanders lived on Addison St. in 1920s and '30s in Charleston, SC...........I have seen Felder also as a surname

Ingrid_Doweary: Check for news articles in South Carolina press or maybe Harpers Weekly?

keli1: I have J. Cooper's book in my lap, index to the guides of ante-bellum southern plantations from revolution to civil war, need a look up

Spivey: An awful lot of FELDERs in the area 3rdthawkins. Sigh. vkn I have found an Abraham FELDER in Florida, but haven't been able to match him to my family.

Selma: What happens to Ellison after the Civil WAr Khathu

3rdthawkins: I am thinking about looking more into Sumter County, I am looking for my grgrgr gf Marcus Sanders and there are a few in that county, Marcus had a son named Sumter

vkn: My BOWERS-ADDISON lines are in FL and connect to HUNTER and LESLIE

Ingrid_Doweary: Did you locate any major city directories for Felder, Spivey?

AYWalton: How are you doing Keli1?

Khathu: William Ellison dies before the Civil War but favor secession according to the book

keli1: doing good AY, thanks for asking..

alt: he died in like 1860 (?)

AYWalton: hope all is well down your way.

alt: just prior to the CW Khathu?

Spivey: Ingrid_Doweary the FELDER surname is prolific and I have located that surname in directories, etc. The problem is, I can't tie them with the FELDERs of my research until I have some kind of documentation supporting such a tie in.

vkn: Spivey check the GA FL geographic link called St Mary's Cannot recall County at present but U of F has a major wild game preserve there.

Khathu: i am looking through the book now to find the date

ProfessorDru: Gotta run, Adios.

Khathu: He died 5 December 1861

Ingrid_Doweary: What about estate or property records?

Spivey: Okay vkn. Is U of F University of Florida?

alt: okay thanks Khathu

vkn: IYes it is

Spivey: Thanks.

Selma: He leaves heirs? and a will?

keli1: Is that Ellison's in AL?

Khathu: No - South Carolina

Ingrid_Doweary: I guess my next question for you Spivey is do you have a family group sheet completed for FELDER?

vkn: IYes it is and located at Gainsville and my FELDERs are born and bred St. Marys GA

Khathu: yes he did leave heirs and there are estates papers

Spivey: vkn I think my FELDERS descended from a man named Americus FELDER.

vkn: hmmmmm

Khathu: William Ellison Estate Papers, Sumter County, Box 151, Package 8

alt: Khathu, check out Justus Angel an FPOC in SC.. Colleton Co., he had 84 slaves in 1830..which is adjacent to Charleston Co.

Spivey: I lost most of the information I had accummulated on Americus Felder when I got my new computer. The information was extensive, and I came to the conclusion they descended from the one woman in his life he wasn't 'legally' married to.

Ingrid_Doweary: Is the information accumulated on a family group sheet type document?

Khathu: okay alt - you can probably obtain a used copy of the book from abebooks.com

Ingrid_Doweary: Sorry, Khathu. The question was for Spivey.

keli1: what is the name of the plantation -William Ellison, is it called Ellison

3rdthawkins: Khathu, do you still have a link to the county maps for S.C. 1870-1880? I thought I had it in my Bookmarks, it's not there

Khathu: i was responding to alt Ingrid

Ingrid_Doweary: okay

alt: thanks Khathu, save me some money.. I might even try ILL.

Spivey: vkn, the names of the women he had children with were Elizabeth CHURCH, Rachel JENKINS and Julia [maiden surname unknown].

alt: http://geology.com/county-map/south-carolina.shtml for 3rdthawkins

Spivey: Which question Ingrid_Doweary?

vkn: okies

3rdthawkins: ty alt, it wasn't that one that, it told when each county came into exisitence

Khathu: $6.00 plus free shipping alt

alt: thanks Khathu I think that's on segenalogy101 ro sumpin like that 3rdthawkins

3rdthawkins: ok, I think you're right

Ingrid_Doweary: Spivey, "do you have a family group sheet completed for FELDER?"

Spivey: Yes Ingrid_Doweary. Inasmuch as I have proven documentation for the entries. For example, Americus Felder is not among my group sheets since I haven't proven the connection, just have another researcher's information.

vkn: SC gen wed is a good place to begin also alt and Khathu would that Ellison data be on the Footnote/Toni Carrier site

Khathu: i am not researching him vkn but thanks

alt: don't know that Sumter Co. would be considered 'Low Country" vkn, but it could be there.

daviss: looking now vkn I dont see it

vkn: lol just turning stones daviss

daviss: k

Ingrid_Doweary: okay

alt: so SC is/was both a big Cotton state as well as Rice for their major crops?

Khathu: by the time of his death he owned 60 slaves

alt: Khathu, do you know.. were his slaves laboring in the 'fields' or in the production of making his cotton gins?

keli1: have you checked the Natchez Trace slaves adn slavery collection in sumter

alt: if the former, they would of had some 'manufacturing' skills or craft.

Khathu: Selma - because the Ellison Family invested heavily in the Confederacy - buying bonds, converting the plantation to produce food stuff, etc, - they ended up in poverty after the CW both alt

Selma: I was wondering Khathu

Spivey: Isn't the Natchez Trace in Louisiana keli1?

Khathu: His grandson even joined the Confederate Artillery Unit

Spivey: Or Mississippi keli1?

keli1: Sumter SC holds some small collections-sometimes linked to something local- It might be the MS, but holdings in Sumter SC, just to see if there is a link to Ellison's in Sumter

Khathu: alt - there is a thread on the FPOC dealing with William Ellison

alt: really Khathu, now that would be interesting to find his grandson's actual papers 'mustering' him into a confederate unit.

daviss: later folks

Khathu: not sure if it was the state militia

Selma: So eventually is the family identified as white in the community..or "collud" like the rest of the non white folks

keli1: only mentioning to check for links-by checking other plantation records being held in the area you are researching

Ingrid_Doweary: Maybe the muster records are with the SC State Archives.

AYWalton: gotta run, folks. Have a great day!

Spivey: Okay, keli1. Thanks. One of Americus FELDERs wives was born in Sumter, South Carolina so that gives me another avenue to follow.

keli1: I don't see Ellison Papers in this index for Sumter

alt: state militia makes sense... they were formed by major property/slave owners to 'protect' their interest from all types of situations.

Ingrid_Doweary: Good tip, Alt.

keli1: but 9 different sets of collections for Sumter SC via this index

alt: and they were formed long before any notion of a Civil War.

Ingrid_Doweary: What was the compensation for the militia, Alt?

alt: you can see that from how some ED's in the census are listed as "military districts"

Spivey: May I have the URL for the index keli1? Thanks.

Khathu: Ether way it would be interesting to locate the record to confirm if it was the militia or the Confederate

alt: Yes it would be interesting Khathu

keli1: I have the book by Jean Cooper librarian at UVA she did a guide on Southern Plantations from the Revolution thru civil war she indexed the microfilm of the records

Spivey: Same situation throughout Georgia, alt. Enumeration Districts were also known by their Militia District.

alt: that is true, especially throughout the South Spivey

Spivey: Does that mean, alt, that these states maintained their own militia?

Ingrid_Doweary: Thanks Keli1 for the citation.

Selma: Are we talking Military Districts re the 1870 census?

alt: Slave Patrols or 'paddy rollers' were out of the militia or military district concept.

Khathu: now the great grandson of William Ellison became one of the first black doctor

alt: and even earlier Selma

Ingrid_Doweary: You know Spivey in reviewing conflicts throughout time, I realized there were uniformed forces and militia (irregular) forces. Interesting, Khathu.

Spivey: I am Selma since that is the first census I have found my ancestors listed on by name. Ingrid_Doweary I didn't know that. I just know that in Georgia, the areas are designated as Militia Districts.

Selma: Alt. Cause I was thinking 1870 we are still talking about Union Army control

Khathu: i remember that A Different World (tv sitcom) had an episode when Whitley discovered that one of her ancestors owned slaves

Ingrid_Doweary: I'm interested in reviewing that connection.

Khathu: and she was calling individuals to apologize

alt: I believe you'll see some ED's referenced as military districts prior to 1870 Selma.

Selma: I remember Khathu

Ingrid_Doweary: I'll keep that in mind, Alt. Thanks

Khathu: it was interesting

Ingrid_Doweary: Khathu, I'd be interested in reviewing that episode.

keli1: isn't there a Ellison family grave yard on rootsweb, at one time I was researching Ellis's in SC

alt: what was the lady's name from Florida State Univ. who did the book on Slave Patrols... she gets into Militia and Military districts.

Khathu: they have re-run of it so you might be able to catch

Ingrid_Doweary: How long ago did you see the episode, Khathu?

Khathu: I saw the episode also twenty years ago

3rdthawkins: I wonder if there's a video of that on youtube

keli1: sally hadden?

Khathu: TVOne is re-airing the series

Ingrid_Doweary: oh okay

3rdthawkins: darn ! don't have tv one, when I had it, they didn't run the series

Ingrid_Doweary: You know I am looking it, 3rd.

Khathu: have a great day everyone

alt: Sally Hadden did write extensively on Slave Patrols.

Khathu: i need to go play handy-man and fix a few things today

Selma: I have to run too folks...have a great day

keli1: I think her book is what they based the documentary on

alt: guess I'll get back to my CD project for the upcoming Adams Family Reunion this weekend.

Ingrid_Doweary: Thanks for your citation, Alt.

alt: yw Ingrid_Doweary

Spivey: I hope you enjoy your family reunion alt!

Ingrid_Doweary: Yes enjoy, Alt.

alt: ty Spivey .. it's gonna be a biggie .... the 90th Adams Reunion

Spivey: Wow. Think of that: 90 years.

keli1: sounds wonderful Art

Spivey: Goodbye everyone. I too must leave.

Ingrid_Doweary: Cya Spivey.

3rdthawkins: Ingrid_Doweary the episode is called Mammy Dearest

Ingrid_Doweary: Ohhhhh thanks, 3rd

vkn: y'all be good

Ingrid_Doweary: You go, 3rd! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGkjmUsIFR0

keli1: she said the series is re-airing on TVONE? do you know when?

3rdthawkins: I wish I had tvone

Ingrid_Doweary: Oops wrong link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_xaCOBnvcQ

3rdthawkins: I think I have seen this episode though

Ingrid_Doweary: Please disregard the previous url.

keli1: I have TV One and not seeing it

3rdthawkins: Ingrid do you know what part it is on (youtube) Part 1 2 or 3?

Ingrid_Doweary: Try the YouTube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_xaCOBnvcQ No 3rd but I'm watching all 3 parts.

3rdthawkins: ok thy Ingrid, this is it part 2 DNA Dem No Good Ancestors lol

Ingrid_Doweary: You like that huh?

3rdthawkins: she did a good job as Easter, Queen's Mother

Ingrid_Doweary: She sure did. I have not seen this episode. I look forward to watching it. Very interesting. Well I've got organizing to do. See ya next time, 3rd and Keli1. :)

3rdthawkins: same here good day Ingrid and kel keli1

18 Dec 2002 :: 1 Feb 2009
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy