Try a new Ancestry.com Membership!

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

Footnote.com

Note: Please follow the link(s) on the navigation bar below to search additional messages that have been archived to conserve space. If no link is visible, no messages have been archived on this board.

2013-06-24 • Historic IRS

*LunchBunch

Start: 12:06:10
End: 13:11:13
Chatters: alt, daviss, karoshi, Selma, Seventies, vkn

daviss: heyyy alt!

alt: what's up daviss?

daviss: nada alt, even though I am trying to see if the Zimmerman trial is on TV how about you, whats up?

alt: hmmmmm, not sure if it is going to be TV'd.

daviss: I was hoping it would be well did you sort out anything DNA this week-end?

alt: Reading on the AA ancestored DNA Facebook page... it has gotten away from DNA and gone pretty much into a "history of African Civilizations" type page.

daviss: hmmmm I always come back later lol I went over that blog by Roberta Estes last night regarding the X chromosome

alt: I saw this page by Steve Morse & thought it was pretty good http://stevemorse.org/genetealogy/dna.htm

daviss: hmmm I must read it, thanks

alt: did you meet Roberta Estes when we were in Ft. Wayne?

daviss: brb

Selma: Good Monday morning alt and daviss... Wimbledon is on TV...Mom is watching Nadal

alt: Hi Selma. yep.. Anita is "playing' too LOL LOL

Selma: LOL

alt: daviss just stepped out for a moment so, anything big on the genealogy horizon for you Selma?

Selma: Nope still recovering from the little darlins.. LOL

alt: okay, that takes more time than in the past, huh?

Selma: Yep..don't bounce back like I use too.. LOL How is your research going..

alt: got some "new" indian stuff LOL

Selma: Oh great ..what?

alt: Shawnee Heritage I; Shawnee Genealogy and Family History, by Don Greene and Noel Schutz, 2008. The Laforce family is mentioned with thie "indian" families AFTER the capture in Kentucky.

Selma: In Canada?

alt: It mentions their Indian family names & how they went to Missouri, Kansas and then Okla following their removal from Ohio ca 1815-1820 time period. yeah, the Canadians too... Elliott, Baby, McKee & LeDuc

Selma: Are we talking about the white LaForce family?

alt: hello vkn.. how you "be's"?

vkn: howdy

Selma: Afternoon vkn

alt: no, the slaves Selma

daviss: whew, ok back..sorry alt!

alt: wb daviss

daviss: hello Selma and vkn

vkn: doing tolerably well

Selma: Afternoon daviss

daviss: then it would be about 112 degrees Selma lol

Selma: Good grief

vkn: alt daviss selma

daviss: I am getting a early morning headache. I don't think I will answer another phone call today ;)

vkn: uh oh

alt: oh, oh

daviss: so if you all want to call me let it ring 3 times and hang up LOL LOL then I will call you back

alt: that's the signal, huh LOL LOL

daviss: hahaha thats what my mama used to say when we went out of town

alt: saving on those long distance calls back in the "day"

daviss: let her know we got there safely lol

Seventies: Hi y'all

daviss: and yes alt save that money :|

alt: hello Seventies, what's up?

vkn: selma I sent you a new listing of books

Seventies: the temp

daviss: hi seventies

Seventies: lol

Selma: Yes..I know vkn..been "under the weather"..will review later

vkn: howdy seventies

Seventies: Hi Selma, daviss, alt and vkn. Did I miss anyone?

Selma: Afternoon seventies

daviss: Hope you are feeling better Selma

Selma: medication works.. LOL

daviss: lol

Seventies: for now... lol

alt: this is the week to get your DNA questions to Bernice for her show on the Thursday the 27th.

Seventies: last night I spent some time looking up the Parker family of Autauga Co, AL.. interesting information. Looks like some left Autauga and went to Mobile, AL

Selma: Her guests are DNA experts?

daviss: Oh yes, thats right.Thanks for the reminder alt

alt: yes Selma, from 23andme

karoshi: Hello everyone!

Seventies: helloooo karoshi!

alt: hello karoshi

daviss: hi there karoshi

karoshi: Hope everyone is well!!

Selma: Afternoon karoshi

vkn: howdy karoshi seems like a long time

karoshi: It has been vkn. On the road for work.

vkn: ahhhhhhh ok

karoshi: And I'm off to KY and Ohio on Wednesday! lol

daviss: I need to look at all my dna peeps I manage alt..I think she is matching one or two of them LOL

alt: if you get in my area give me a call karoshi

Seventies: have a good time karoshi

karoshi: I will do that alt. I haven't planned getting that far yet. Though, I really should. You're in Miami area right?

alt: Dayton/Springfield... bout 40 miles west of Columbus.

karoshi: So far I'm planning on Chillicothe and Columbus, though I need to get out to Washington Court House.

alt: okay karoshi

karoshi: Oh ok. If I drive back home instead of fly I'll come see you. That way I can take 75 down.

alt: right karoshi

karoshi: Anything new guys?

Seventies: Nah not really. have you all ever found more on a collateral family than your own family? lol

karoshi: Yup!

alt: no new folks, just more information about folks being found on Familysearch/Ancestry.

daviss: not me Seventies

Selma: daviss..I saw where the person on Facebook looked at 489 images of FB before finding her ancestors..she was looking at RG 105 Think it was Louisiana

daviss: yes Selma I read that also

Selma: I saw you commented on her dedication.. LOL

karoshi: I don't have any new ones either. Though I do have some confusion in one of my Lett families.

daviss: I looked at Harrison County when I ordered that reel years ago. I had it for two weeks but found nothing for my peeps. It was rather scarce and contained mostly the teachers pay etc for the Bureau I guess I could get Grimes County reel and see what that may contain on my paternal side

karoshi: Found some interesting things while reading old newspapers. One relation was the first person in Kentucky to be sent to the electric chair.

daviss: oh my daughter found the 1865 Internal Rev document when she was trying to get the forms for 2011 to file for me ;) She was surprised to see it there http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-prior/f1040--1864.pdf link if anyone cares to read it

vkn: thanx

daviss: No telling what you will find in those papers karoshi. Was the person AA

Selma: Thanks daviss..interesting..gonna print out

alt: very interesting daviss .. I didn't realize the IRS had been around that long.

daviss: me either alt

Selma: Somebody had to pay for the War

karoshi: Yes they were daviss. Accused of assaulting a little white girl in 1910.

vkn: all those wars

alt: wow karoshi, that is a biggie!!!

karoshi: It said they had to call in the military to quell any mob activity.

daviss: karoshi take a look at a blog I wrote regarding nearly the same thing. http://tinyurl.com/oec5rwe

alt: Dr.'s appt @ 2:15 .. gotta run, so y'all take care.

Seventies: Its so hot here that I'm tired... ugh.

daviss: sorry was bumped out I have an extra fan Seventies

karoshi: Whats a Freeman's claim daviss?

Seventies: How about an extra air conditioner? lol It has to be about 90 inside easy.

karoshi: Oh never mind. Freeman was person.

daviss: oh ok lol so that means that you all don't have the air conditioner turned down Seventies mabe they are saving money

Seventies: work calls... ugh... its supposed to be in the 90's tomorrow and if they they don't fix the AC it will be over 100 inside the office by 9 bye y'all.

daviss: bye

karoshi: That was great daviss. Great job!

daviss: yes karoshi and the grands finally found out what happened

karoshi: That is the best part!

daviss: yes for sure

karoshi: I'm getting out of here too. Cleaning to finish. Have a good day everyone!

daviss: ok karoshi see ya next time Selma and vkn, if you don't have anything else, I will get the lights and the door So I will take that as an okay? bye Selma bye vkn

Selma: Sorry folks

daviss: lol

Selma: Starting yapping on phone Talk to you all later

daviss: bye

18 Dec 2002 :: 1 Feb 2009
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy