Try a new Ancestry.com Membership!

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

Footnote.com

Note: Please follow the link(s) on the navigation bar below to search additional messages that have been archived to conserve space. If no link is visible, no messages have been archived on this board.

2013-02-18 • Yatah does DNA

*LunchBunch

Start: 12:02:48
End: 13:26:31
Chatters: HistoryBuff, klasssicglassdesigns, Selma, Seventies, vkn, yatah

Seventies: Good afternoon. I'm here cooking lunch. . .

HistoryBuff: Hey Seventies, how are you?

Selma: Good afternoon Historybuff and seventies (where every you are) Historybuff..good answer on the symbols on the USCT monument..that was very helpful Well folks have to run..have a nice day

Seventies: Hi HistoryBuff hello vkn

vkn: greetings Seventies History Hope you are each doing reasonably well

Seventies: Doing well and you??

vkn: Cooooooooollllldddddd weather in Hotlanta

Seventies: lol probably not as cold as it is here today.. feels like Chicago here. Wind and all. . .

vkn: No major complaints that are solovable seventies lol

Seventies: lol good!

vkn: well winds are calm but chill is almost frozen in place

Seventies: Anything new going on with your genealogy group?? Your seniors group... You haven't mentioned them in a while.

HistoryBuff: Hey Vkn.

vkn: oh yes sad news the instigator of that group slept away last Sunday. She was buried on Friday last.

HistoryBuff: Somber news.

vkn: Leaves an emptiness for the entire community

Seventies: yes... then the passing of Sandra Taliferro... wow

vkn: yes that is a big loss in Atlanta and in genealogy

HistoryBuff: Sorry to hear.

vkn: Sandra gave so much and her gifting will continue to serve other seekers

Seventies: absolutely...I guess she had the flu or some other sort of upper respiratory illness... that is kind of scary. Yes, she was always encouraging other researchers to tell their stories. . ..

vkn: She was wheelchair bound

Seventies: Ah... okay.

vkn: It never ends and I spose it keeps us strong

HistoryBuff: Indeed

klasssicglassdesigns: hello everyone

HistoryBuff: Hey klasssicglassdesigns

Seventies: Hi klassicglassdesigns

vkn: klasssicglassdesigns howdy klasssicglassdesigns anything new in the research pool ?

klasssicglassdesigns: within the last couple of days I connected with a new family member that is researching Alfred Prior. Alfred is his g-grandfather, so I am waiting to hear back from them with more info on him

vkn: That is wonderful to hear congratulations klasssicglassdesigns

Seventies: congratulations klassicglassdesigns.

klasssicglassdesigns: ty

HistoryBuff: Bravo klasssicglassdesigns !

vkn: How did the connection happen klasssicglassdesigns

Seventies: OK I'm going to get outta here... see yall tomorow. :) Have a good day.

klasssicglassdesigns: on ancestry, I saw someone had made changes to a page on alfred, so I inboxed them and asked how are they related to him, she told me alfred is her husband g-grandfather, we shared other names of family members and bam!!!! have a good day seventies

vkn: teriffic So History what is new with you Thanx for your messages via facebook history. I am overwhelmed by the big brotherness of FaceBook

HistoryBuff: Oh not much. I finally received a book one of my distant cousins wrote on Black Migration.

vkn: klasssicglassdesigns do you do facebook

klasssicglassdesigns: yes

vkn: Oh wonderful HistoryBuff what path does the book follow Maybe I should say pathS well with a name with designs I guess you do klasssicglassdesigns and tell us what you are designing

klasssicglassdesigns: I make handmade jewelry crochet and knit hats and scarfs

vkn: ahhhhh and what is your point of distribution

klasssicglassdesigns: is that question for me?

vkn: yes Give us a link Name of book HistoryBuff

HistoryBuff: The title is Black migration in America from 1915 to 1960 by E. Marvin Goodwin (1997).

vkn: wow book sounds impressive Give us a link klasssicglassdesigns

HistoryBuff: He was a history professor and distant cousin on maternal grandfather's side-one of his nephews.

klasssicglassdesigns: d

HistoryBuff: Thanks klasssicglassdesigns.

klasssicglassdesigns: thank you for asking

vkn: thankee and where are you located klasssicglassdesigns if i dare be so bold

klasssicglassdesigns: cleveland, ohio

vkn: ahhhhhhh I i just lost a 102 year old kin in Cleveland yesterday Rebecca Armstead Kerr

HistoryBuff: Ah Vkn, I am sorry to hear.

klasssicglassdesigns: sorry to hear about that.

vkn: thanx she lead a loooooong life and a good life.

klasssicglassdesigns: yes she was blessed

vkn: indeed Does Karamu house still stand klasssicglassdesigns

klasssicglassdesigns: still standing, my granddaughter has been in a couple of plays there.

HistoryBuff: Very nice.

klasssicglassdesigns: it needs some work done to it, but they say there going to leave it as it is

vkn: Most of the KERR Kids came through Karamu as performers

klasssicglassdesigns: awesome!

HistoryBuff: Kerr Kids?

vkn: Hmmmmmm now Karamu is Black Performing Arts History

klasssicglassdesigns: yes it it

vkn: History I need your help on my Millard Bell

yatah: hi

vkn: Howdy yatah

klasssicglassdesigns: hello

HistoryBuff: Hey yatah. How may I help you, Vkn?

yatah: now my dna sample at lab and i wait for result next ,vkn

vkn: I will send you a link to him on Military History yatah greattttttt for you

HistoryBuff: Okay. What did you wish to know, Vkn?

yatah: thanks vkn, how long will be?

vkn: All will be in notification History

HistoryBuff: Okay. Great news about you Yatah.

vkn: and we can see what the end might be Yatah I know little of DNA

yatah: ok

HistoryBuff: Yeah Yatah, I'm still review my results from both AncestryDNA and 23andme.com

yatah: i use 23 and me

vkn: See you good peeps 2morry. Will check out you products klassic

klasssicglassdesigns: see you later

yatah: guess chat over

klasssicglassdesigns: you are comparing the two DNA reports, do they seen to be the same

yatah: ok

HistoryBuff: They have similarities.

yatah: they will find what tribe i am ?

HistoryBuff: Both indicate more West African lineage, but 23adnme was a little more specific-Sub-suharian-Bentu, Gambia.

klasssicglassdesigns: I think you have stated this answer before, but what do they compare your dna to

HistoryBuff: They have for some of Skip Gates subjects. I suppose I will have wait for the database to continue building.'

yatah: i understand

HistoryBuff: Yes I have received matches. I'm still investigating.

yatah: they will tell indian or african or white ? it is my first time do dna

HistoryBuff: Now I did see some Native American indicated in my Ancestry composite summary.

yatah: i have one my ggreat grandma part of cherokee i might some in mine will see dna result

klasssicglassdesigns: will any of this information help when it come to researching?

HistoryBuff: I see it to be helpful when you are able to identify a credible material who you can share genealogy information with documentation.

yatah: history how much % you have native american?

HistoryBuff: It was about 0.8% Northern American Indian lineage.

yatah: oh i see not much right

HistoryBuff: Well my oral history says that my maternal great-great grandfather was full blooded Cherokee.

yatah: you not full blooded cherokee ? gave me idea i will know happen of result

HistoryBuff: There is all about 7% scandinavian lineage also noted on my maternal grandfather's side.

klasssicglassdesigns: this DNA stuff is so hard to understand

yatah: cool dna for me to test if get enough i need it great yeah learn lot right

HistoryBuff: I would recommend you get explanations for genetic scientist like Gates did. That's my next move.

yatah: oh i see ok thanks

HistoryBuff: Okay good folks, I'll pick up with you another time. Take care.

yatah: ok bye i go anway

18 Dec 2002 :: 1 Feb 2009
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy