Try a new Ancestry.com Membership!

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

Footnote.com

Note: Please follow the link(s) on the navigation bar below to search additional messages that have been archived to conserve space. If no link is visible, no messages have been archived on this board.

2013-01-10 • SoapBoxing "oaw" parents

*LunchBunch

Start: 12:09:04
End: 12:56:48
Chatters: alt, Daviss, HistoryBuff, Seventies, vkn

Daviss: Good Afternoon Seventies!

Seventies: Hello Daviss!!

Daviss: How's it going?

Seventies: Pretty good. How y'all doing out West?

Daviss: out west its fine as far as I can see this morning

Seventies: good. Anything new going on with genealogy, history, etc?? Oh.. lol Westboro Baptist Church is coming to protest here. can't wait.

Daviss: not as far as "I" know other than the new African American Institute that is starting

Seventies: Glad they've gotten that off the ground. Very exciting news.

Daviss: you mean all ten of them?? sheesh

alt: hello ladies, Daviss & Seventies

Daviss: Yes its great for us hello alt! how are you this afternoon alt?

Seventies: hi alt lol lol lol Daviss! Yep.

alt: doing well, thanks, hope the same is true for the two of you.

Seventies: I plan on putting their foolery on facebook.

alt: what is the protest about Seventies?

Seventies: Some funeral.. You know Schartwzkopf is being buried here.

alt: this is at West Point? .. the funeral?

Daviss: I am sure they will have a blockaide

Seventies: Same old same old, they are against homosexuality. blah blah blah No they have permission to protest.

alt: hello vkn

Seventies: hi vkn

vkn: Good after this Noon to all

Daviss: permission does not mean that others cant put a human chain around

alt: .. the connection Schwarzkopf & homosexuality ????

Seventies: Well they have permission and they are confined to a certain place OUTSIDE of WP. There is none alt. They protest because they think God is punishing the U.S. for homosexuality.. that's the bottom line. the=their they only target military funerals

alt: and the protest coincides with the funeral ????

Seventies: Yes..

alt: oh, okay

vkn: My mother Etta Augusta Bell was born this day in 1892 in Choccolocco Alabama the youngest of 14 children to Julia Hendrix and Richard Bell. She was married to Moultrie Benham [1878-1939] and died 7 December 1974 in Anniston, AL

Seventies: They also were going to protest the Newtown, CT funerals... not sure of how they made out with that. happy birthday Ms. Etta

alt: just finished watching the History Detectives segment on the Bill of Sale for "Willowby" (sp) .... good research and they used several AA researcher for the story.

vkn: lol

Seventies: Did you watch online then alt?

alt: yes, Happy Birthday to your mother vkn yes I did Seventies

Seventies: I tried to watch TV last night until 10.. couldn't stay awake past 9:30...smh

vkn: Sleep comes so easily after a long day

alt: Khathu would have enjoyed the research process for the HD episode.

Seventies: Yep. And my nephew was up visiting with us last night... love that kid! lol

alt: how old is he Seventies? and "up" from where?

vkn: How do I access alt the history thing you saw last night

Seventies: From Rockland County, NY and he's just turned 3 in November. He got mad at me for telling him not to run a car on the table. For an entire half an hour.. lol

alt: I got the link from a FaceBook posting vkn .. you might try History Detectives + Bill of Sale episode

vkn: okies thanx

Seventies: True Lewis posted in OBA

alt: http://www.pbs.org/opb/historydetectives/investigation/bill-of-sale/ try this link vkn

Seventies: hi HistoryBuff

alt: Hello HistoryBuff

HistoryBuff: Hey all.

vkn: thanx a bunch historybuff howdy

alt: I saw AYW's posting on the MAAGI, their page is quite impressive!!!!! wb Daviss

vkn: It is impressive. Turnout should be good

alt: lets hope so vkn

vkn: Lots of stuff going on

alt: I certainly wish them much success in this endeavor.... history making!!!!!

Seventies: I do too. I see they changed the site already.

HistoryBuff: Ditto to all.

alt: my main hope is that they do NOT become the type of institution that some of them have accused the 'larger' genealogical community of being ... selective & cliquish

Seventies: I hope not either alt. It would be a disservice to African American researchers and the community.

Daviss: I hope I can stay in....

alt: my sentiments exactly Seventies

Seventies: I hope so too..

vkn: hold tight daviss

Seventies: ISP acting up again Daviss?

alt: perhaps "we' regulars can hold them to a higher standard and keep them grounded.

Daviss: hello to vkn and HistoryBuff

vkn: u 2 daviss

Daviss: The wind is picking up outside so mabe that has something to do with me getting bumped

Seventies: Could be. Y'all expecting a dust storm or something?

alt: they call the 'wind' Mariah ... is that awful, or what LOL LOL LOL

Daviss: nope but we are expecting believe it or not an Arctic Blast hitting us tomorrow

Seventies: wow! its going to hit what about 80?? LOL LOL

Daviss: its supposed to really drop about 15 or 20 degrees and then be through and out by Mon or Tues nope its colder than that now Seventies lol

Seventies: okay 60... lol

Daviss: I am glad Taylor does not have class on Friday since she bikes or walks to class

alt: from all of the postings I'm seeing on FaceBook & AfriGeneas it appears that 2013 is going to be a "good' year for African American researchers.

Seventies: I think so alt...

Daviss: As just read your "call the wind" comment alt lol lol

Seventies: I've finally caught up with my Washington kin folk... wait isn't Zephyr also a type of wind... lol

alt: wonderful Seventies .. your ever expanding family circle.

Daviss: yes, a gentle breeze

Seventies: Though none carry the surname Washington.. sad.

alt: Washington's 'daughtered out' or they just changed their last name Seventies?

Seventies: none of his sons with his wife had any children. So I guess they 'daughtered out' My great grandfather had 10 children and his brother.. lol still counting... lol okay um ...

alt: I think the day of the large family has gone by the boards.... now it is unusual to see a family of 5-6 children. and most of my friends I grew up with were from family's of 5-6-7 or more children.

Daviss: sheesh,

Seventies: I agree alt. My BFF has 4 and that's considered a lot. I have two and I think that's a lot. lol Its all about economics Got a meeting.... see y'all

HistoryBuff: WB

Daviss: forgive me if I go in and out

alt: I reckon Seventies .. course the African American community is being ravished by men/boys having several children with different women ... or is it women having children by several men... sometimes I can't tell the difference.

HistoryBuff: I understand

Daviss: lol no difference with that sad state alt

alt: what's with ths one celebrity ... 11 children with 10 different women.

Daviss: they think its cute I can see one mistake but over and over and over is too much

alt: I know Daviss and it's a shame. if they were equated to being a 'breeder' in the days of slavery they would be offended by the comparison.

Daviss: yep

alt: of heck, y'all got me up on my soapbox

Daviss: oh alt I agree with you but I doubt if they would care Its like notches on their belt

alt: seems like it Daviss

Daviss: I better head out, still having trouble

alt: okay laters

18 Dec 2002 :: 1 Feb 2009
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy