Try a new Ancestry.com Membership!

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

Footnote.com

Note: Please follow the link(s) on the navigation bar below to search additional messages that have been archived to conserve space. If no link is visible, no messages have been archived on this board.

2010-07-21

*LunchBunch

Start: 12:04:25
End: 13:28:25
Chatters: 3rdthawkins, alt, AYWalton, freeaainnc, Ingrid_Doweary, khathu, ProfessorDru, Selma, vicky

alt: hi 3rdthawkins, how's it going today?

3rdthawkins: hey alt, going good

alt: fairly wee, or as the old folks used to say "tolerable"

3rdthawkins: I woke up this morning, checked my mail and saw that Arthur Lee commented on "friend"'s status that I clicked "like" on, I thought it was you for a minute I'm like, dont' tell me alt knows HotSauce too

alt: me. just now getting into FB.. still can't really grasp the concept in full

3rdthawkins: it was a 20-21 year old kid

alt: then you knew it definately wasn't me LOL

3rdthawkins: lol yeah I use it for family, just to stay in contact, and friends and HS "class" mates, and for status updates to put in my "messages"

AYWalton: Good afternoon, all.

alt: my 'thurst' has been to check out the 'friends' of some of the younger folks in my Adams and other lines to get photos of theem tho add to the 'thumbnails in the genealogy databses

AYWalton: hi 3rd, howdy Alt.

alt: Hello AYWalton

AYWalton: hope you are both well.

alt: doing 'tolerably well' thank you & you?

AYWalton: pretty good. Hey Ms. Vicky!!!!! welcome back!!!! did you have a good time????

vicky: hello 3rd, alt and AYWalton!!

3rdthawkins: Wb vicky!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :o :} :)

alt: wb vicky,, how was the trip & reunion? fabulous, I hope

vicky: thanks y'all, and I had a wonderful time!

AYWalton: details, details!!

3rdthawkins: you're gonna have to hurry those two little fingers up vicky lol lol

AYWalton: fingers tapping..... strumming fingers on the computer,....

vicky: lol @ AYWalton..visited the MLK Center, Gladys Knights Chicken and waffles (yummy), The Coke and Aquarium, Atlanta Underground and my feet are killing me two finger sonata lo9l lol

alt: were you able to connect with vkn?

3rdthawkins: tell me more about Gladys Knights C&W my brother never said anything about that

vicky: I was not able to see her but we did chat via tele

alt: okay.. we can understand a tight schedule

vicky: We also did not get to go to the Archives

3rdthawkins: I know you had to take a drive by MLK's house, or at least his church?

alt: how was the reunion.. nice crowd, new folks, etc.

vicky: we took the tour of the home 3rd but the Church was being remodeled

3rdthawkins: great!

AYWalton: did you visit the gravesite?

vicky: nice reunion alt.. smaller this year. We had about 75 folks I met a brother oh yes AYWalton

AYWalton: sounds like it was a good time, anyway, vicky.

alt: that' not all bad.. those that were there, wanted to be there and that in it self makes for a good reunion.

vicky: yes I was pleased

AYWalton: and you got back last night?

vicky: we touched down about 8:45 last night just before the Tempe Town lake dam burst

AYWalton: what the dam broke?

3rdthawkins: well, Tempe does need water, from what I see

vicky: Yes, It was due to be replaced soon

AYWalton: hmm it is not a headliner, and I am searching for news about it.

vicky: It is a rubberized dam and someone heard a loud boom and next thing you know water everywhere I think they said about 3 billion gals of water went through

AYWalton: wow.... that is something.

alt: yes, wow!!!!

vicky: http://www.azcentral.com/

3rdthawkins: man!

alt: any serious flooding?

AYWalton: it did not flood the city, though.

vicky: no nada,, in fact dry on the east side and the west side is flowing down the salt river

3rdthawkins: wow, just happened about an hour after you got in town

vicky: the channel is deep enough

AYWalton: greetings, Ingrid.

alt: hello Ingrid_Doweary

vicky: hello Ingrid!

3rdthawkins: hello Ingrid

Ingrid_Doweary: Hey Vicky, AYWalton. Alt and 3rdthawkins

AYWalton: hope all is well with you, Ingrid.

vicky: mabe this time they will put up a concrete dam but I can see why they have bladders

Ingrid_Doweary: I'm okay just trying to wrap up Doweary Family History research for the reunion this saturday.

AYWalton: oh that's great! where is the reunion going to be?

vicky: I bet it will go over well ingrid

alt: good luck Ingrid_Doweary, where will the reunion be held? welcome free

AYWalton: Greetings, free!! Long time!

freeaainnc: hi

Ingrid_Doweary: Thanks. The reunion will be in Union Bridge, MD. Hey Free.

AYWalton: where is Union Bridge, Ingrid?

Ingrid_Doweary: You know me, I try to put together exhibits.

3rdthawkins: hello free

vicky: hello freeaainnc

alt: wonderful Ingrid_Doweary, family history exhibits are big with my Adams reunion... 3 panel displays all over the place LOL

freeaainnc: displays of what Alt?

alt: Adams family history freeaainnc

Ingrid_Doweary: Yes, Alt. I have the poster size copies of the 1920 and 1930 Census Records. I want to display the 1880 and the 1870 Census records.

freeaainnc: oh, so displays of different aspects of it?

alt: right freeaainnc ....

freeaainnc: ok

AYWalton: take some pictures, Ingrid!

alt: in 2004 I had a 'tree' 90+feet long and 3 feet high on display

Ingrid_Doweary: Of the family reunion, AY? I always do.

freeaainnc: whoa!

alt: http://tinyurl.com/26yu3cs

Ingrid_Doweary: My Hughes Reunion had a very nice 6 ft. family tree of the patriarch, matriarch and 1st generation offsprings.

3rdthawkins: wow, incredible alt

Ingrid_Doweary: Wow! Alt. That was awesome.

alt: wonderful Ingrid_Doweary .... shows from where all of the desc came off of which line

AYWalton: how did you get the display so large, alt?

Ingrid_Doweary: Yea, the family history booklet did that also. Hey Selma

3rdthawkins: hello Selma

Selma: Afternoon everyone....

AYWalton: Greetings,Ms. Selma!!!!!!

alt: cut & taped many, many 8 1/2 by 11 sheets of paper AYWalton .. it was produced by the FTM program.

Selma: Yea..vicky...you back, how was the reunion? and Ingrid how was your train ride and reunIon?

AYWalton: did you then have it redone and merged into one larger document, alt? i know places do that for you. we have a company in Baltimore---Maryland Repro that does that.

Ingrid_Doweary: Loved my train to and from. Did you print banner size copies of your tree, Alt. ?

alt: yes AYWalton, well now there are places that can do a 'tree' of that size from a computer disk.

Selma: Technology is a wonderful thing isn't it

AYWalton: that sounds good, alt. any online that you know of?

Ingrid_Doweary: Oh Alt, my train did stop in Cleveland about 4:00 a.m., Fri. morning.

alt: yes it is Selma

vicky: heyy Selma! Great reunion thanks

AYWalton: Ingrid are you in Illinois right now?

Ingrid_Doweary: Meet relatives you had not met before.

alt: nt much to see in Clevelanad, especially at 4:00 AM Ingrid_Doweary LOL

Ingrid_Doweary: lol Woke in time to notice where I was.

alt: yes AYWalton, there is an online site from FTM's pages that will print out very latge trees.

AYWalton: I shall look at them, alt.

freeaainnc: I'm debating about going to my reunion this year. it's August 8th

alt: no debate freeaainnc, just go!!!!! LOL

AYWalton: brb

Ingrid_Doweary: I also missed the Sat Nite chat because I was on the floor supporting my cousin's family history presentation.

freeaainnc: it's a debate b/c of how to get there and back for 1 thing sinceI can't drive

Ingrid_Doweary: We did a little skit to start off.

freeaainnc: and because of my hearing, I never get anything out of it

alt: where are your priorities Ingrid_Doweary? LOL LOL

freeaainnc: and all it really is is eating food that I cannot eat

vicky: at our banquet we had all healthy food lol

Selma: You get hugs and kissses free

Ingrid_Doweary: lol Yes Alt. I forgot Joliet, IL is an hour early. Are you hearing impaired, Free?

alt: what's healthy vicky?

vicky: not only hugs and kisses but photo ops

freeaainnc: and I really don't know many folks there b/c none of them are from my line of the family and my aunt who lives between here and there refuses to go

Selma: Greens without the fatback

freeaainnc: vicky: photo ops is NOT a bonus for me! LOL

Ingrid_Doweary: Wow, that sounds tragic Free

alt: sounds healthy to me Selma

vicky: baked chicken and fish, salads, turkey dishes

Selma: wow baked fish..?

alt: do they 'bake' chicken LOL lOL lOL

vicky: why not free lol your ancestors may love to see what you look like lol @ alt

Ingrid_Doweary: Because vegan family members notified the committee early, they were able to accommodate them. I know of 3 members who are vegans

freeaainnc: so basically i'll be spending $50 train ticket & then cab fare just to sit in a room and watch others eat while I twiddle my thumbs and then go home it just doesn't seem worth it to me

AYWalton: ok back.

vicky: so there is no need for the debate then free :?

freeaainnc: vicky: my ancestors can see what I look like any ol' time! LOL

alt: that is tragic freeaainnc, as Ingrid_Doweary stated, sorry to hear that about your family reunion experiences

ProfessorDru: Hey gang

Selma: Jeez free, when you put it like that, maybe you should forget it, have you been to one before

AYWalton: Professor Dru is in da house!

Ingrid_Doweary: I see your point, Free. Is the committee unable to consider your dietary needs?

freeaainnc: the debate part comes in that they want me to come yes Selma, 2

Selma: Well then GO

Ingrid_Doweary: Hey ProfDru

vicky: I am speaking of those later in life free like 2080

freeaainnc: wouldn't those be descendants Vicky??? LOL

alt: yes freeaainnc, go on that basis, how many places can we go that we are really wanted? think about it.

Selma: Hye Mizz Dru...or should I say, Prof

freeaainnc: yeah, I know alt, I'm just torn about it

vicky: so am I forgiven free for that mistake lol hello Dru

freeaainnc: alt: they want me to go, but when I go i'm pretty much ignored b/c folks want to talk to their 1st and 2nd cousins, not their 4th or 5th cousin lol vicky! of course they all know me on email alt, I moderate a list for the surname, but it's only the organizers who want me to come

alt: I shared with Selma ..my immediate family page for our upcoming Adams Reunion souvenior booklet. http://tinyurl.com/2als687

AYWalton: I think some folks are basically shy and have no idea what to say to cousins who are strangers to them.

freeaainnc: true!

vicky: nice alt!

alt: this page shows the direct descendant children down to my line

AYWalton: Free, I have gotten around that by telling folks who invite them something like---hey I am kind of shy--I don't want to be abandoned in a room full of folks who know each other and they don't know me. Then they usually take it upon themselves to make sure that you are not by yourself, by keeping you close by. tell them you would like to, but don't want to be in the way, etc, and they will be concious of you while there.

freeaainnc: Ok, i'll try that AY. I'll keep y'all posted about whether I go or not

AYWalton: especially if they are the ones insisting then they have to kind of look out for you.

Selma: Wear a sign that says, I moderate your surname lists..I know all your secrets..

alt: please do keep us informed freeaainnc

freeaainnc: LOL selma!

ProfessorDru: lol Selma

alt: very good Selma

Ingrid_Doweary: Sorry I logged out accidently folks.

freeaainnc: wb ingrid

Ingrid_Doweary: Very nice tree, Alt. TY, Free.

alt: ty Ingrid_Doweary

AYWalton: I like Selma's approach!

alt: yep, that'll get their attention , for sure LOL

3rdthawkins: hello Khathu

khathu: hello everyone

freeaainnc: I'm thinking about seeing if my web host provides and option to set up an email list and seeing if I can't set up a list for the family so they have a way to share info with just our family (instead of all Bradfords everywhere), announce things that are going, etc.

vicky: hello Khathu

alt: hello Khathu

Ingrid_Doweary: Hey Khathu.

freeaainnc: hi Khathu

Selma: Afternoon Khathu

ProfessorDru: gotta run

AYWalton: howdy khathu.

alt: look at MyFamily.com for that type of a family page freeaainnc

freeaainnc: gee, that was quick, all I was able to type was "b" for bye! LOL I used to have one alt for a different surname, waste of money if folks don't use it

AYWalton: Well folks I had better run. have a great day!

khathu: vicky - the researcher i hired from the red river county genealogical society who located the tax assessment record for me, just some located a marriage and divorce of my gg grandmother that i was unaware of neither he or i was looking for it....

vicky: that is wonderful khathu!

alt: yep, that's true, if it isn't used, but you got to give it time to 'mature', I've had a page for the Adamses .. 10 years and it is just started to blossom wihtin the last year.

Ingrid_Doweary: Good for you, Khathu.

alt: Yes, great find of formerly unknown family history khathu

khathu: he has been trying to restructe a 1890 census using various county records and asked me if i knew the race of William Turner and Juliet Whitaker and if Juliet was my ancestor

freeaainnc: I had one for about 6 years. All the people where on the site that was invited, but there was no use on the site

alt: now that is 'serendipity' (sp) khathu, the ancestors were coming calling LOL lOL

khathu: just it is.....

freeaainnc: hey alt! I just discovered I can set up a mail list! I love my hosting package at 1&1! now to figure out a name! LOL

alt: wonderful freeaainnc, as Selma wa saying "ain't technology wonderful"!!!

freeaainnc: yep!

Selma: Khathu the records in that county don't always include Race

vicky: do you have any land records khathu from Red River Co?

freeaainnc: I need to get going, lunch is over. Talk to y'all later!

vicky: bye free

Ingrid_Doweary: CyA fREE

khathu: I am aware of that Selma - so i have to examine other records to identify the ethnicity of William and Juliet

alt: SElma.. you got my email with the 'map'... had to put it in there, just for you LOL LOl

Selma: Bye free, work on your sign

freeaainnc: my sign?

Selma: I am the Moderator

khathu: only land records dealing with slavery vicky

vicky: ok khathu

Selma: No I was asking thether they do or not...most that I see in VA include (col) or someother racial designatioln

freeaainnc: Selma, what sign? LOL

Selma: Never mind free..have a nice day

freeaainnc: LOL ok, bye

khathu: okay.....I have not seen any racial designation with the marriage records yet with my Texas research i do love when the vital records are segregated

alt: may not see an indication from an index khathu, but they are often noted as Selma says on the record itself with a (col) or some other type of designation.

Selma: Me too... Lol

alt: me three LOL

Selma: Or if not segregated..the racial designation is used..

khathu: i have yet to see it alt even on the actual record

Selma: Interesting Khathu

alt: okay khathu, sorry bout that LOL

khathu: i'll take either or both Texas is very interesting....it was one of the only states that did not recognized slave marriage after slavery

alt: could be because the actual record is in a 'segregated' book? that's a question, not a statement LOL

khathu: they are all mixed together

alt: really, now that is unusual for a 'southern' state.

khathu: well Texas is an unusual place more or less

alt: I;m finding that out khathu

khathu: lol

vicky: how many counties are you researching khathu in Tx right now I have three but my add two more

khathu: 10 and counting

alt: are they in a common location khathu, or are they spread out across Texas? which we all know is a 'huge' state land mass wise.

vicky: I have one on one end and the other two are way across the other end of Tx. The two I will add will be close to the two I already have Texas has 226 counties I think give or take a few

khathu: okay they can be cluster into 3 groups

alt: well I gotta run for now... y'all take care

khathu: have a good one

Selma: I have to run too folks..have a great day..glad to see you back vicky

vicky: ok

khathu: have a good vicky and Ingrid

vicky: Ingrid do you have anyone that may have gone to Spelman in Ga?

Ingrid_Doweary: I have a distant cousin whom I have not made contact with residing in Mitchilville, MD

vicky: ok thanks

Ingrid_Doweary: Her maiden name is Scott.

vicky: another one for me to research lol this lady I met want me to look up her aunt that taught there in the 30-40's guess i will piddle with it today :) cya later Ms Ingrid

Ingrid_Doweary: Cya Ms. Vicky

18 Dec 2002 :: 1 Feb 2009
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy