Try a new Ancestry.com Membership!

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

Footnote.com

Note: Please follow the link(s) on the navigation bar below to search additional messages that have been archived to conserve space. If no link is visible, no messages have been archived on this board.

2012-07-25 Family Association Inc

*LunchBunch

Start: 12:08:00
End: 13:13:42
Chatters: alt, Daviss, Selma, Seventies

alt: hello Daviss Are you there Daviss????

Daviss: brb

alt: okay, get your coffee LOL

Daviss: ok sorry alt..first the phone, then the door, then the phone again lol

alt: you're a busy, popular person

Daviss: well lol not really.. Making Texas plans. Not sure if I told you but baby brother has been given 3 mos by Dr so we are headed that way

alt: your friend Yolanda got in touch with my friend, Jonas Bender, on the Montford Marine connection... I think her father and Jonas are now communicating with each other .. Thanks !!!!!!!!

Daviss: That is wonderful alt!!

alt: oh no, we'll keep him and the family in our prayers.

Daviss: thanks much alt! Yolanda is a sweetie

alt: she seems to be a very nice person course I know that that you don't keep anything but good company LOL

Daviss: lol lol I have been known to harbor a few lol

alt: it was very nice seeing Khathu back in the Chat hello Selma, how you doing?

Selma: Good afternoon alt and daviss..

Daviss: Heyy Selma

Selma: Sorry to hear about your brother Daviss..

Daviss: Yes it was alt.. thank you Selma, I appreciate that Did you all see that post re Harriett Tubman?

alt: Yes I did Daviss .. Kate Lawson is the 'gatekeeper' for Harriett Tubman history & genealogy LOL

Daviss: I hope the person who thought their was a direct did not get let down too much I bet they had been thinking that for years

alt: me too Daviss, she could still have a connection, but just not with the Tubman surname.

Daviss: right

alt: I would imagine Daviss

Daviss: It was a shock to me when I found out about the one S two S relation lol

alt: I'm gonna have to thank vkn when she gets here for defending my post on the 1940 census indexing problems with her posting & mention of the Seaver article.

Daviss: oh yes, I saw that this morning alt

alt: and I had to let the one responder know that she wasn't the only person who has done some indexing LOL LOL

Daviss: I know alt, I have a hand in that also as well as Sel

Selma: I think anyone who researches should volunteer to do a couple of pages..just to give you a perspective

alt: and I've probably put (indexed) some bad stuff from a transcription error.

Daviss: lol when the last census gets indexed they should have no problem with those 10 questions lol lol

alt: right Daviss

Selma: It depends what folks wrote down Daviss.. I told folks in my group not to "lie" about their ages.. LOL

Daviss: lol lol

alt: especially how the names were spelled

Selma: Cause in 100 years their descendants would know they lied..then start looking for more dirt

Daviss: Tanjannquesha

Selma: then trying to figure out how to pronounce

alt: I can imagine the problems that may be caused by how how folks may have identified themselves racially.

Daviss: I wonder what some of these guys who play ball and changed their name to names like 69

alt: yeah, the Shanellnique's and such

Daviss: whats that ball players name that changed his name.It starts with a M I think

alt: who Chad Johnson to Ochocinco ???

Daviss: No last name

alt: hmmm, not sure

Daviss: kinda takes us back to 1860 huh

alt: yep, pick a name LOL

Daviss: Selma, are you gonna continue indexing pretty soon after resting your eyes

Selma: I think the "Ocho" person just got engaged..his fiancee wants him to change his name back to Johnson.. LOL

Daviss: lol alt now that would be something

alt: right Selma .. he did go back to Johnson ... legally for his marriage

Selma: Probably but gotta get back in the rythm She didn't want to be Mrs. Ocho.. LOL

Daviss: lol

alt: like Khathu .. get yo' mojo back, huh LOL

Daviss: He sure got some good info with his mojo not working lol

alt: yep, he truly did

Selma: Thats what I thought to Daviss... LOL I gotta post an answer to the person who posted the Knox Query on the Surnames forum There were a number of KNOX's in Barnetta's book in Rowan County

alt: vkn asked him about presenting in SLC... I just looked at their list of speakers... Khathu is scheduled for 2 presenations.

Daviss: Does she have all the counties in her book Selma

Selma: She has all that she could find records for They did not survive for all counties or maybe not done

Daviss: yes he is scheduled but work may be in the way now

alt: oh okay I see Daviss

Daviss: I wish those ladies that did the books No Land Only Slaves would put out more counties They have had "coming soon" for years now

Selma: LOL Why don't you write to them

Daviss: lol I did on at least 3 occasions however it has been awhile mabe I will retry today I used to see the one ladys posts but nada lately

alt: again, what are their names Daviss?

Seventies: Good afternoon, Lunch Bunch!

Selma: Afternoon seventies

Seventies: hi alt, Daviss and Selma

alt: well, hello your "badness" LOL lOL

Daviss: MSNBC is full force Soccer today

Seventies: Hello to you too 'All knowing, all wise' alt! lol lol

Daviss: Hello there Seventies!!

alt: hehehehehehe @ Seventies

Daviss: yucky, gonna grab a fresh cup of coffee brb

alt: you remembered Seventies. alt may not always be right, but he is never wrong LOL lOL

Seventies: lol lol lol

Selma: LOL

alt: what's new with you Seventies?

Seventies: Alright, I'm browsing through what is available from chat, and I see the book No Land Only Slaves mentioned. Busy doing summertime stuff with the co-workers two days in a row...

Daviss: ok back

Seventies: Mulling over some more plans and ideas in regards to genealogy.

Daviss: that sounds like a winner seventies

Seventies: So one of my favorite aunts has asked me to look into my AL family, which is why I've been so interested lately I am also mulling over the idea of forming a family association for my maternal line. Working lightly on a proposal for it.

alt: great Seventies, I'm sure you will help them out as best you can.

Seventies: Looking heavily into the nuts and bolts.

Selma: What are you envisioning with this association

Seventies: Preservation of the family history, financing & organizing reunions at this time. Eventually I would like to see it expand to include scholarships and a nice library in Adams Co. I've always wanted to have a library.

Daviss: Are your other reunions yearly?

Seventies: Bi-annually. The financials are the thing that we need. I have a few people in mind that I would tap for that position.

alt: is there a library or archive in the area where you 'house' your family artifacts in a collection?

Seventies: No not at this time.

alt: okay

Selma: Are you envisioning your "own" llibrary to house your family material..of that of the other black families in that area

Seventies: Many of the 'artifacts' that I have are electronic. My own family. Eventually though, it will include other families related to ours. That is inevitable I believe.

Selma: Yes..

alt: my Adams Family has established a "collection" with the Champaign County, Ohio Historical Society to house artifacts on the history of the AA Adams family in that county from 1813 to the present day.

Seventies: It will also act as a venue to encourage more family members to get involved with the family history and share their stories. okay.

Daviss: dang, did you see where Cal Ripkens mom was kidnapped

Seventies: Right now a lot of my Rounds family artifacts reside with my line. With my aunt Dot.

Selma: Listening right now on CNN

alt: no Daviss, Wow!!!

Daviss: she has been found now dang talking on CNN about it

Seventies: whaaa??? Now what was going on with the Jackson family?? Why did they report her missing??

alt: I like your idea Seventies

Seventies: Thanks alt.

alt: you have my blessing Seventies LOL lOL

Daviss: She is prolly tired of all the hoopla seventies.. Its the kids that are fighting

Seventies: That laugh sounds ominous alt. . . lol

alt: okay

Daviss: I think I will head out now.. Take care folks

Selma: Bye

Seventies: alt I will have to contact NAPAC about that once I get more stuff together. that is the local AA history museum in natchez, ms

alt: Selma, yesterday when you mentioned VA supplying many slaves to the lower south I wanted to say they also furnished most of the former slaves and FPOC to the north and midwest, particularly Ohio, IN, & MI most of the FPOC in Ohio had VA origins, or WVA, KY when they were a part of VA.

Selma: Yes, I know

alt: I know you know, but I wanted to say that for the others here in chat in case they didn't know that.

Seventies: your knowledge is appreciated. :}

alt: why thank you ma'am

Selma: Ok..gotta go put my "drops" in

Seventies: Ok Selma. take care.

alt: good luck

Selma: Have a great day.

alt: & later Seventies

Seventies: Will I need to close up? lol Okay see you tomorrow.

alt: yeah, young lady I'll leave the clean-up for you LOL lOL

Seventies: alright, I'll definitely be talking to you about the Association issue. Always open to ideas.

alt: as I duck for cover LOL

Seventies: Oh no.. not gonna get you... this time.. lol lol lol

alt: hehehehehhe

18 Dec 2002 :: 1 Feb 2009
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy