Try a new Ancestry.com Membership!

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

Footnote.com

Note: Please follow the link(s) on the navigation bar below to search additional messages that have been archived to conserve space. If no link is visible, no messages have been archived on this board.

2012-05-16 JHonora presents

*LunchBunch

Start: 12:04:30
End: 13:13:59
Chatters: alt, AYWalton, Daviss, jhonora, keli1, Selma, Seventies Soulchild, vkn

Seventies Soulchild: Hello alt

alt: Hello Seventies Soulchild .. how ya doing today?

Seventies Soulchild: How are you doing today? I'm doing well. Anythinge new going on with you alt?

Daviss: hi alt and seventies

alt: hello Daviss,

Daviss: how's it going alt

Seventies Soulchild: Hi Daviss... finished reading the papers?

Daviss: oh yeah lol still drinking coffee though

Seventies Soulchild: I need to go visit the Chronicling American site to see if its back online

Daviss: me too seventies

alt: it was down????

Seventies Soulchild: Yes it was.

alt: Hello vkn..

Daviss: yes for at least aq week alt

vkn: Howdy doody yall

Daviss: hi vkn

Seventies Soulchild: Hi vkn

alt: didin't know that.

vkn: Just in for a sec

Daviss: surprised at that sec vkn lol

vkn: lol

Daviss: I am getting some steps down for hausa vkn

vkn: okies

Daviss: did you check the site yet seventies

Seventies Soulchild: No not yet Daviss.

vkn: Waiting on Victor to pick me up

Daviss: oh I see

Seventies Soulchild: I need to try to wrap up this family book in the next couple of days.

alt: okay Miss Daisy??? LOL

Daviss: lol lol

Seventies Soulchild: :}

vkn: lol lol

Daviss: alt, how was your day on Sat

Seventies Soulchild: Daviss did you get on the surname map site?

Daviss: no seventies did you just attend the one session alt

alt: Saturday was a bummer Daviss ...... I'll send you an email explaining

Daviss: oh ok thanks

Seventies Soulchild: It was a useful tool. I found almost all my Henyards in the states that I'd been looking at. Louisiana, Mississippi and Georgia. Most were in Natchez & Woodville, MS... lol

Daviss: good for you Seventies..maybe soon I will be able to get on alt, I think you have a 23&me match with a G McCoy...

Seventies Soulchild: Daviss, am I sharing genomes with you?

alt: I'll have to check Daviss.. do they have their name and infor on their profile page? G McCoy?

Daviss: your grand I think seventies but I have to check

alt: what's up vkn?

Daviss: I believe I say you on his from GedMatch alt

Seventies Soulchild: OK I have been trying to check in on my sharing to make sure the right people get the information.

Daviss: I was checking to see if we matched because I am matching his sister same parents

alt: oh, Okay Daviss.. I haven't looked at the Gedmatch feature for quite sometime.

Seventies Soulchild: Gedmatch is free, right??

alt: I'm in a 'holding pattern" with the DNA stuff.

Daviss: let me check seventies.. I think I wanted to compare him with my brothers and cousins I had not either alt but I got an email from someone yesterday and we have the same people that match us so I just went to check yes seventies its another tool

Seventies Soulchild: ok I was reading over the page. Types of accounts and all.. Thanks Daviss

Daviss: you also have the option to compare with ftdna peeps as well as 23

Seventies Soulchild: I saw that. I'm going to upload as research

alt: did the Sykes/Legend show confuse y'all with their DNA segement?.. it did me

Seventies Soulchild: I haven't downloaded my raw data yest Good stories, but not much on connecting genealogy.

Daviss: stories?

alt: yes Seventies Soulchild, I'm still trying to figure out to which line Peyton Polley belongs in Legend's genealogy.

Seventies Soulchild: Yes the story of Peyton Polley and the Banks family.k There is no clear connection.

alt: I went back to his great-great grandparents and can't find a connection to Polley who was stated as being his 5th great grandfather.

Daviss: selma has several Banks kin in her gen group

Seventies Soulchild: From what Dr. Gates implied that though there are FPOCs in people's families many more were enslaved. That sounds about right.

vkn: back

alt: and Ihave been trying to follow the Banks connections thru Paul Heinegg's work.. he gets them up to about 1810-1820.

Seventies Soulchild: I wonder how they made it back to Elizabeth Banks.

Daviss: I wish I had gotten pauls email earlier. he was asking how to get into chat i did not see it until after the show aired here He would have been very helpful

vkn: Well we might ask him to come and chat on the subject Daviss

Daviss: yes vkn!

vkn: He has presented in the past

Daviss: bbenn's blog would be great also blog radio

alt: Seventies Soulchild.FPOC families interconnect across the country in unbeliveable ways.. In my case, all of my maternal ancestral lines are FPOC from the very early 1800's forward...

vkn: Start at home then go abroad lol

Daviss: lol vkn understood

alt: Hello AYWalton.. how ya doing today?

Seventies Soulchild: That's a good subject to really delve into

Daviss: hi there aywalton!

AYWalton: Good afternoon, all.

Seventies Soulchild: Hi AYWalton

AYWalton: Howdy alt, Daviss, SoulChile. Greetings, vkn!!!! doing fine alt and you?

alt: fine thanks AYWalton

Daviss: how many grands in 5 generations alt.. mabe thats the key to what they found

alt: would 5 generation be 16 or 32 great-grandparents?

Daviss: with all the money they have i would not be surprised if they used two people to search each grand lol or he could have fibbed lol that's a lot of green leaves

alt: and the Sykes 9th great-grandmother, even the DNA companies only state "reliable" connections thru 5 genearations in the autosomal testing. And they couldn't have used mtDNA because both her haplogroups went to Africa and that great-grandmother was a 'white' female indentured servant. a lot was left 'unexplained' in my mind LOL LOL

Seventies Soulchild: Sorry, stepped away to work on this computer issue... Hi AYWalton

Daviss: I imagine alt.. I need simple explainations and that simplicity only goes to my great grands lol

Seventies Soulchild: Daviss lol I was thinking there may have been some fudging in there somewhere...

Daviss: me too seventies did they know the actal name alt to the Irish indentured lady actual

alt: and the episode somewhat 'implied' that those were the 'only' FPOC lines in Sykes & Legend's genealogy, but we know that not to be the case.

Seventies Soulchild: Elizabeth Banks, Daviss

alt: I thought it was stated as Elizabeth Banks

Daviss: why was I thinking Mary lol

Seventies Soulchild: Mary was the daugther.

alt: and an 'unidentified' male slave.

Daviss: oh ok

Seventies Soulchild: I wonder if they could've identified the man? And if the slave records from that era fell under British documentation...

alt: it would seem they could have a list of likely suspects Seventies Soulchild

Seventies Soulchild: since we are talking the 1700's before the Revolution. Decades before.

alt: I would think every slave in the area, at that time, was 'accounted for' on property records.

Seventies Soulchild: Especially during that time frame. Hi Selma!

Daviss: Hello Selma!!

alt: hello Ms Selma..

Selma: Afternoon folks..

Seventies Soulchild: Ok just uploaded my dna material to Gedmatch... hopefully I will get some hits on African descended people.

alt: good luck Seventies Soulchild

Selma: There was no interest in recordning the name of the male slave..because he would not be responsible for the child.. She however was an indentured servant..who would now have her indenture increased.

Seventies Soulchild: Well they did punish her with 30 lashes.... imagine what they did to him?? Because I'm sure they got him

Selma: I doubt it..he increased the work pool

alt: right Selma, but I would think that research could indicate all of the male slaves in the area at that time ... if one was interested enough to follow that path.

Seventies Soulchild: I agree alt. They could've done research.

alt: and without being too coarse.. mamma's baby daddy's maybe.

Daviss: Wb

Selma: Remember this is 1680's when this event took place

Seventies Soulchild: Yep

alt: right Selma.. and altho' born free because of the mother's status the child would have been indentured to the mother's owner for 25-30 years or so, right?

Daviss: dang they sure did not want to let go did they. Grrrrrr hello jhonora!

alt: hello jhonora

Selma: Remember at this point the life expentency is age 40

jhonora: Hello all!

Daviss: so they were more or less bound all their lives anyway

Selma: The length of indenture moved up to age 31 for both sexes...have check..I hate to give out the wrong infio

Daviss: heyyyyy keli1

keli1: hey there-Lunch Bunch!

Seventies Soulchild: Hi keli1

Selma: As you can see from the work on Paul's site..many of these folks..managed to survive and went on to be e forebore of many of the early black families Gotta make me a sandwich

Seventies Soulchild: gotta run.. crushing more dreams this week... lol See y'all tomorrow

Daviss: later 7

keli1: I just ate...now I want to take a nap

alt: right, so altho' not chattel property, the children of indentured, or formerly indentured free white women, wer not 'free' in the literal sense they were Bas*tards. and they were 'wards' of the "state" for a period of indenture.

Selma: Oh seventies..that is not nice..crushing dreams..

Daviss: did they pay the state also

Selma: They were indentured to a farmer..he is responsible Or whatever

Daviss: did the farmer have to put up a bond

Selma: Well white children the product of white women and white men were Bas*tards too.TYou\ LOL..wondering why it wouldn't send..

alt: true Selma.. any 'unmarried' white woman

Selma: Lots of hanky panky going on..it ain't new.. LOL

alt: right Selma

Daviss: thats for sure Selma

alt: weren't the "black" children of a married white woman also placed in the bast*ard caregory?

Selma: I guess alt

alt: your'e right hanky-panky been going on for a long time

Selma: Hi AY..Hi keli..Hi johonra

Daviss: lol

alt: Oops. hello keli1

Daviss: should I get my Drum and Bugle Corp out so they can hear us lol

alt: keli1, I've been getting excellent reports on your NGS presenations... Congratulations!!!!!!!! presentation

Daviss: I am gonna run.. see yall later lol

alt: later Daviss

Daviss: alt give me a email

AYWalton: hey there Mizz Selma! I had stepped away. howdy keli1!!!! looks like folks are leaving, howdy jhonora!

jhonora: Hello AYWalton!

AYWalton: I am supposed to be packing for Arkansas so I had better leave as well. you all have a good day! take care.

alt: jhonora, why are you NOT in school? or are you? LOL

jhonora: School is out for the semester, alt lol

alt: okay, just checking

Selma: Jeez how long is a semester now adays..2 1/2 months

jhonora: It seems like it, as soon as you go back from one holiday, you're out on another

Selma: Are you doing any research traveling this summer jhonora?

alt: right Selma.. in "our' days it was like from January to June...

Selma: True alt..you got your monies worth.. LOL

jhonora: Well, I'm speaking in St. Louis on Sat., and in Reserve, La. later this month

alt: wonderful jhonora !!!!!!

Selma: We know you will do well jhonora

alt: gotta run y'all....... later's

Selma: I gotta run too..have a great day

jhonora: Bye y'all

18 Dec 2002 :: 1 Feb 2009
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy