Try a new Ancestry.com Membership!

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

Footnote.com

Note: Please follow the link(s) on the navigation bar below to search additional messages that have been archived to conserve space. If no link is visible, no messages have been archived on this board.

2012-04-12 Condolence Seventies

*LunchBunch

Start: 11:56:39
End: 12:42:38
Chatters: alt, AYWalton, bbenn, Daviss, Selma, Seventies Soulchild, vkn

Daviss: Good Morning Chatters!!

Seventies Soulchild: Hi Daviss

Daviss: heyyyy there!!

Seventies Soulchild: What's going on with you this fine Phoenix morning? :}

Daviss: How's it going!

Seventies Soulchild: good did you get to catch the re run of the press conference? hello vkn

Daviss: yes, I saw it and was glued to it all night lol

vkn: Hello Seventies

Daviss: hello vkn!

Seventies Soulchild: Ok Daviss, I'ma have to ask you to start using 4 fingers... lol lol

vkn: Hello Daviss

Daviss: sorry about that youn'un lol

Seventies Soulchild: vkn how are you doing today?

vkn: Press conference ?

Seventies Soulchild: Yes on the Trayvon Martin case. George Zimmerman has been charged with 2nd degree murder Hi Selma

vkn: Howdy Selma

Selma: Good afternoon Daviss, seventies and vkn

Seventies Soulchild: Pray for Sabryna Fulton.

Daviss: Hi Selma!!

Selma: Afternoon bbenn

vkn: Howdy bbenn

bbenn: Hello Everyone!

Seventies Soulchild: Other than the constant murder of black people for being black any genealogical news. I saw something today about a genealogy conference coming up in Oct in NYC

Daviss: Hi bbenn!

Seventies Soulchild: Hi bbenn

bbenn: Howdy! Has anyone tried indexing the 1940 census?

Seventies Soulchild: no

Daviss: who is Fulton Seventies?

vkn: Oct is SLC seventies

Selma: Had a lot to do this week bbenn..plan to start doing that next week

Daviss: heyyy alt!

vkn: Howdy alt

bbenn: I just tried and it is very time consuming.. Hi alt

Seventies Soulchild: Trayvon Martin's mother

alt: Helloladies, bbenn, Daviss, Selma, 70's & vkn

Seventies Soulchild: hello Mr. Thomas. vkn let me get the link

Selma: What do you mean bbenn, more time consuming than other indexing projects

vkn: alt are you ok? I am reading that you are not conferencing in OH?

Daviss: thats right Seventies, looking at something else. I know I knew that Praying for all of them

vkn: What link is that seventies

Seventies Soulchild: To the Genealogy Event in NYC

bbenn: No, it is about the same as any other project. I just need to mange my time better.

Selma: LOL

vkn: oh ok

alt: nope vkn.... Dr. is running some test on me this week and I had to miss the Conference.

Seventies Soulchild: shttp://www.thegenealogyevent.com/ http://www.thegenealogyevent.com/

vkn: ohhh I see alt no surprises please

Selma: Yep..it does take time and focus...like I told my folks..don't complain about some of these indexes..unless you have done it and tried to read some of this stuff.. LOL The OGS conference alt?

alt: okay, no surpirises vkn.. fingers crossed LOL LOL

Seventies Soulchild: hey alt, you're the same age as my father. :}

bbenn: lol lol

vkn: thankee

alt: is that right Seventies Soulchild, me & your Pops the same age ,,, so you;d better listen to me LOL LOL

Seventies Soulchild: So I suppose this event is for Irish genealogy after reading the website. But its about time they had one in NY did I tell you I have selective hearing? LOL

alt: I thought so Seventies Soulchild.. I heard it thru the grapevine LOL LOL

Seventies Soulchild: lol lol lol Also proquest has free access to newspapers this week, if it wasn't mentioned before.l

bbenn: Seventies Soulchild - I remember somebody telling me that I was old enough to be their mother. They looked pretty old to me and I immediately said..no way...you are too old to be my child ol lol lol lol

Selma: LOL

Seventies Soulchild: lol lol lol

vkn: We awreddy knows dat seventies 'bout yo hearing lol

Daviss: lol bbenn

Selma: Gotta run folks..

Seventies Soulchild: lol

alt: there you go bbenn

vkn: that is a good one bbenn

Seventies Soulchild: I found an article about my cousin who was in the first special olympics in Helsinki

bbenn: My grandchild has a big mouth and has told all of her friends our ages...starting with me.l ol lol lol

Seventies Soulchild: ROFLMAO Kids now a days are incredibly hilarious! a budding genealogist! lol or future gossip columnist! lol lol

vkn: lol smart grandchild bbenn

bbenn: lol lol

Daviss: how did you come across article seventies and what year was it?

alt: your grandchild is reporting the facts ...... and nothing but the facts bbenn LOL LOL LOL

Seventies Soulchild: The Proquest free access this week.

alt: wb bbenn

bbenn: oops!:}

Seventies Soulchild: I'm getting the link now.

Daviss: my Neph has volunteered locally in prep for Special Olympics

vkn: Interesting discussion re photo studio

Seventies Soulchild: This was back in the 1960's when she was attending Galludet

Daviss: oh ok

Seventies Soulchild: http://www.proquest.com/en-US/promos/celebrate.shtml shttp://www.proquest.com/en-US/promos/celebrate.shtml

alt: what photo image is that vkn?

Seventies Soulchild: I also found information about my mom's alma mater Natchez College. Lots of it. It was purchased by the National Baptist Convention. The free access is up on Saturday.

alt: you're just finding all kinds of good stuff Seventies Soulchild .. if you are careful you're gonna become even MORE dangerous LOL LOL

Seventies Soulchild: lol nah! Not yet.

alt: are=are not

vkn: " The studio may not be in existence, but I think it was the Lindsay Studio of C. L. Lindsay. In 1930, C. L. Lindsay (30) is in Meridian Mississippi. His occupation is Photographer, in a photo shop. His wife was the assistant. This may have been Clinton Lindsay. There are a couple of Clinton Lindsays in the records. A Clinton Lindsay registered for the WWI Draft in Lauderdale County, MS. He had relatives in nearby Clarke County, MS. ---------- I couldn't find anything definitive on "Phelps". It may have been a reference to a surname. There were many Phelps families in nearby counties. "

Seventies Soulchild: There are so many people who left mississippi that it made the news often.

AYWalton: good afternoon, all.

bbenn: Hi aywalton

alt: hello AYWalton.. how are ya?

Daviss: hello AYWalton!!

AYWalton: Howdy alt, bbenn, Daviss, SoulChile.

vkn: oops I meant photo studio. Nice images there

Seventies Soulchild: A while back I mentioned the Bluff City Post which is a black newspaper in Natchez. They actually have more subscribers who live outside of MS than they do in Natchez.

AYWalton: Greetings vkn!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seventies Soulchild: hi AYWalton

vkn: eyy AYW heyyy

Seventies Soulchild: I am considering getting a subscription.

AYWalton: doing fine, alt

Daviss: more than likely they want news from home!

bbenn: did any of you see the funny coincidence on Facebook where DearMyrtle and I had the same bible?

Seventies Soulchild: Yes, there are a lot of Natchez folks in Chicago. Including a big chunk of my extended Rounds family

Daviss: yes bbenn I read that

bbenn: I have never seen anyone with that particular family bible..

vkn: get outta here bbenn

alt: I saw where you two posted photos of a Bible page.....

bbenn: publication date around 1895

alt: you mean the same type of Bible? not pages from the SAME Bible, right?

Daviss: they had traveling Bible Salesmen just like the Watkins man and the folks that sold the Encyclopedia

bbenn: Yes, the same bible type - clearly not the same bible entries... that would have been interesting!lol lol

alt: it certainly would have been interesting LOL

Daviss: that would call for a group hug lol

bbenn: The salesmen made it to rural Louisiana...

Seventies Soulchild: ok now y'all can't be picking on my alt.. lol

alt: thye'll excuse me Seventies Soulchild. I'm slow LOL LOL

Seventies Soulchild: lol

Daviss: fuller Brush and many others who went to those back places

bbenn: I wish that I could find the receipt for that bible...I wonder how much it cost?

alt: your census page you posted bbenn.... very intersting....

bbenn: yes, same names as noted in the family bible:}

Daviss: now that would be interesting bbenn..

bbenn: amazon.com has a description of the bible...

alt: bbenn and all of those families on the census page were property owners.

Seventies Soulchild: Ok well I foudn my dad and his siblings, I had no idea that my aunts and uncles save one were born before 1940.. lol

AYWalton: where on Amazon, bbenn?

bbenn: yes I will send you the link.

AYWalton: I have not found my dad. I think the census taker just missed them.

Seventies Soulchild: I also found a relative who was the brother in law of my great-great grandmother Celie-Smith-Stroggins-Williams He was 87 in 1940

AYWalton: quick question----was there a second chat for the Find Your Roots program?

Seventies Soulchild: He lived a few homes away with his brother Price who was in his 70's

AYWalton: I thought I got an email about it on Monday.

vkn: Take all care. Have a great blog talk radio show tonight bbenn; I will catch the re run Peace

alt: my find for the day.... one of best friends grandmother ... She was 92 in 1940 living in Piqua, Ohio and she was born in Missouri.

Seventies Soulchild: wow had she been enslaved?

bbenn: Cannot make the link work. Got to run...I will post the link on Facebook.

AYWalton: click Control V then paste

Seventies Soulchild: bye bbenn have a good day

bbenn: 1895 Combination Pictorial Family Holy Bible Self-Pronouncing Translated Original Tongues Conformable to 1611 Copious Marginal References, Chronological Tables & Many Important & Valuable Aids to the Study of the Holy Scriptures 2000 Illustrations by Office of the Librarian of Congress at Washington (1895).

alt: I guess so Seventies Soulchild ..... also found her DC on FamilySearch... her maiden name was SYKES and her parents were from MS.

AYWalton: interesting, ahhh I have seen that Bible before. I recognize that cover!

bbenn: That is the description from Amazon.com.

AYWalton: that is a common edition that many families have. does yours have that cover too?

Seventies Soulchild: oh wow. Missouri was a border slave state, right?

bbenn: yes

AYWalton: ahhh ok. interesting.

alt: right Seventies Soulchild

bbenn: bye..gotta run

Daviss: Listen peeps I gotta run!! take care

alt: see ya tinite bbenn

AYWalton: Me too. Have a good one folks.

Seventies Soulchild: what happened?? lol

alt: alone again Seventies Soulchild LOL LOL

Seventies Soulchild: lol I see!

alt: folks skedaddled !!!! in a hurry

Seventies Soulchild: Well check out that free newspaper access on proquest. They have one just from African American newspapers.

alt: okay.... gonna take a nap tho 'after a morning of hospital testing

Seventies Soulchild: Ok feel better and don't nap too long... Oh and thank you for the heartfelt condolences.

alt: you're more thank welcome Seventies Soulchild .. take care

Seventies Soulchild: have a good day.

18 Dec 2002 :: 1 Feb 2009
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy