Try a new Ancestry.com Membership!

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

Footnote.com

Note: Please follow the link(s) on the navigation bar below to search additional messages that have been archived to conserve space. If no link is visible, no messages have been archived on this board.

2012-04-10 Searching 1940 • TuesNite

*TuesNite

Start: 21:24:39
End: 22:01:50
Chatters: AYWalton, Daviss, Sadonya, vkn

vkn: Hpwdy Howdy Where we be Guess I am here alone or ??? Howdy doody

Sadonya: hey there a little empty tonight how are you?

vkn: Looks as though peeps came and left Not doing too bably thoigh a tad slowed down today bably=badly

Sadonya: oh everything

vkn: Arthritis is no joke

AYWalton: good evening all.

vkn: How goes your census search Sadonya

AYWalton: howdy Sadonya, and greetings, vkn!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vkn: Howdy AYWalton and how is the world treating you

AYWalton: hope you are both well. busy, vkn and you? hey there, Daviss! hope all is well out west.

vkn: Daviss I thought I saw that you were here earlier

Daviss: Hello there everyone!!

AYWalton: I am still combing through 1940 looking for my grandparents and my dad. they have not surfaced yet.

Daviss: Lol I was but I was trying to walk through a process for someone new to chat.. I had actually forgot about Tues chat lol

AYWalton: I deleted 580 pages off my hard drive though, since I am now using Ancestry. those Archives.com photos piled up fast! lol, that was over 2 GB of space.

vkn: I bet they did AYW

Daviss: lol AYWalton I need to do that also..I also need to get one of those hard drives

AYWalton: the portable ones? They are handy.

Daviss: yes, and use it instead of the sticks

AYWalton: I have to move some video files over. Once I have edited them and uploaded them, I can move them off my hard drive.

vkn: or find a free cloud AYW and Daviss

AYWalton: true they are like a glorified thumb drive. Just 100 times more space. and yes, the clouds vkn, that's right.

vkn: AYWalton are you using drop box

Daviss: Hi Sadonya!!

AYWalton: I will get it together one of these days well, I have an account, vkn.

vkn: lol

AYWalton: :) that's a start.

Daviss: lol I have a couple things in dropbox

AYWalton: I now just have to get my head around trusting the cloud and hope the sunshine won't burn off the fog and the cloud evaporates. lol I need to really use it.

vkn: and what gig space does drop box allow ayw

Sadonya: hey there Vicky

Daviss: How's it going Sadonya.. I am always happy to see you

Sadonya: going great how about you

AYWalton: I am not sure, vkn.

Daviss: doing good for a change lol

vkn: Sadoyna are you finding your kin in 1940

Sadonya: vkn I have found almost everyone I need too in 1940

vkn: grrrrreat

Sadonya: my dad was living with his grandma so do not have parents yet

Daviss: wow Sadonya that is great!!

AYWalton: you are lucky Sadonya! I am still looking for my daddy. I need to put you on it!

vkn: Sadonya I have not been to Choccolocco searching the 1940 as yet

Sadonya: I got Dad and mom and most to the people I have done books for my problem in Oklahoma City

AYWalton: maybe your luck will locate Sam, Sallie, Sarah Ellen, Sam Jr., Freddie and R.D. (Grandparents, Gr. Grandmother, Dad and Uncles.)

Sadonya: I know nothing about it to know where to look

AYWalton: that is so neat. lol

Daviss: I am looking also in Creek Co Okla no luck so far

AYWalton: it is a painful line by line process. I give myself breaks so I won't hurt my wrist or anything.

Daviss: I am too late for that. My wrists already hurt I feel like my new name is enter lol

AYWalton: you should take some ibruprofen and stay off for a day or so. (Like that's possible! HA!) lol

Daviss: lol

Sadonya: my great great grand dad was still alive living in White, OK

AYWalton: Yes, I hear that----my new name is click! where was that Sadonya!!

Daviss: What county is White in?

Sadonya: McCurtian a poart of Idabel sorry part of

Daviss: I know of some Hutchinsons from Idabelle that live here in Phx

AYWalton: Oh ok. that is down in Choctaw country. is that your Choctaw Freedman family, Sadonya? Daviss, is that the family that had the photo?

Daviss: no those were Stevensons

Sadonya: he was still on the land he got because his wife was a choctaw freedman

AYWalton: ahh ok.

Daviss: Oh also AYWalton do you remember me sending you the pic of your McDonald

Sadonya: yes we had several of our folks move to Phx and others to Riversied, CA

AYWalton: my McDonald?

Daviss: yes

AYWalton: remind me, Daviss......

Daviss: I sent you the Obit

AYWalton: oh the folks who married my Bass clan. yes! yes I do recall that.

Daviss: well she had a grandaughter to pass away but there was nothing in the paper. I tried to find and send it to you Her funeral was last saturday

Sadonya: Vicky do you know any Browns or Colberts

AYWalton: oh wow. what was the name of the person who died?

Daviss: yes I know some of both Her name was Dominque McDonald Colberts from Okla

Sadonya: yes them be my folks

Daviss: Barbara Colbert is one

AYWalton: hmm.....I will see if any of my Bass folks on Facebook knew her. what was her age?

Daviss: they should know her. In fact Kyle and her were both on my drill team she should be kyles age give or take a few

AYWalton: oh!! I shall post a message right away.

Daviss: Ok

AYWalton: What was the cause of death?

vkn: on phone

AYWalton: she might be a cousin for sure. who did we just lose? Sadonya? she must have gotten bumped.

Daviss: I am not really sure.. I wanted to go to the funeral but we had the picnic for another family that lost someone three weeks in a row One of the ladies sung at Dominiques funeral

AYWalton: oh my goodness.

Daviss: I emailed her and asked if she had a program but was told they did not have any out

AYWalton: if you get more information let me know. I will try to pass the information on. she must have been a cousin. Her name has a young-ish sound. well I better run. Gotta finish a syllabus document and email to Samford.

Daviss: I will.. Geraldine McDonald was her mother..

AYWalton: Geraldine---ok. will pass that on. thanks. have a good evening folks.

Daviss: vkn everyone gone

vkn: okies nephew on phone

Daviss: ok night

vkn: night

18 Dec 2002 :: 1 Feb 2009
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy