Try a new Ancestry.com Membership!

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

Footnote.com

Note: Please follow the link(s) on the navigation bar below to search additional messages that have been archived to conserve space. If no link is visible, no messages have been archived on this board.

2012-03-18 Research • Talk & Tips

*SunMornBrnch

Start: 10:48:58
End: 13:43:19
Chatters: alt, AYWalton, bbenn, Daviss, deannie, jhonora, Seventies Soulchild, statustray, vkn

jhonora: Hello bbenn!

bbenn: Good Morning jhonora! What's new?

jhonora: Nothing much, I was able to take advantage of spring break and visted the Diocese of Baton Rouge Archives

bbenn: Lucky you!

jhonora: I discovered the enslaved ancestors of a major family in my ancestral community

bbenn: what type of information did you discover?

jhonora: I had the names of several siblings born in the 1840s and 1850s, and was able to match them with baptismal entries for slaves with the same names/years.

bbenn: Wow! That's great!

jhonora: Thanks, it was a case where the family name "Skidmore," was nowhere near the owner's name, which was Melancon.

bbenn: I have been on this mission to find a slave ship that transported slaves from Richmond to New Orleans in 1849. The National Archives found a description of a ship built in 1816. I hope that this is the same ship. Well, it goes to show you that you cannot always count on the slaves taking the slave owners surname.

jhonora: Are you hoping to find an image of the ship or the ship itself?

bbenn: I will be in NOLA in May and hope to spend a great deal of time in the Notorial Archives.

jhonora: Great, it is an excellent resource

bbenn: yes, I was hoping to find an image of the ship. I want to search the acts of sales. I know the name of the slave owner...William F. Talbott. I have seen some of his slave ads. Do you know of any genealogy conferences being organized in LA. in May?

jhonora: For the most part, did Talbott sell to city residents or to planters in the country?

bbenn: He sold to both.

jhonora: No conferences that I know of, most are in either February or Sept/Oct

bbenn: My ancestors seem to have been in New Orleans and the Florida Parishes. Are you ready for the 1940 census?

jhonora: The Bayou Sara community (now St. Francisville) has an interesting history, and they traveled to N.O. often

bbenn: Interesting! I need to check out the history.

jhonora: I can't wait for the 1940 census, still haven't located all my E.D.'s

bbenn: My E.D.'s are very simple because they lived uptown around Xavier. E.D.'s 6 and 7.

jhonora: Oh really, I live Uptown, near Holy Ghost

bbenn: I am pretty certain that I will find all of my NOLA family and friends. I have baptismal records, death certificates, and know where they all lived.

jhonora: What was the family name here in the city?

bbenn: Sheppard, Gordon, Quinn, Mitchell, Harris, Mack Russell, Clark What were your names?

jhonora: Pierce, Maker, Brown in N.O.; Honora, Breaux/Braud, Dominique, Marchand, Amirati, Dugas, Landry, LeBlanc, Condoll, Rhodes, Parker

bbenn: You lived near Holy Ghost? I worked there after graduating from college for 3 months. Did you know Father Andy LaPage?

jhonora: My family is mostly from Bayou Lafourche or the Shrewsbury area. I live three blocks from Holy Ghost, which is my parish.

bbenn: Andy was in the seminary when I worked there. He is now a marraige counselor in Florida.

jhonora: I did not know Fr. LaPage, before my time!

bbenn: That's right!:} Definitely before your time. Light years before your time.

jhonora: Yes, my mother and grandparents probably knew him, they often mention Frs. Huber, Delaney, and Leonard

bbenn: Your Grandparents would definitely have known him.

Seventies Soulchild: good morning bbenn, jhonora

bbenn: Hi Seventies Soulchild - what's up?

Seventies Soulchild: nothing much bbenn

bbenn: Any new research findings?

Seventies Soulchild: Well I received my DNA results from 23 and me.

jhonora: I was going through one of the Notarial Archives indices yesterday and notice your Mr. Talbott seemed to have a few acts passed before Notary Mazureau, so keep an eye out for his registers

bbenn: Any surprises?

jhonora: Hello Seventies!

bbenn: Goody! I cannot wait to get into those records. This will complete my theory on how my ancestors made it to La. from Virginia.

Seventies Soulchild: Some... looking like my great grandmother's mtdna was from Cameroon

bbenn: L3 or L2?

Seventies Soulchild: jhonora, there is a group that needs your expertise on facebook. L2a

jhonora: Really, Seventies, which group?

Seventies Soulchild: the Louisiana and Colonial louisiana group...

bbenn: Wonderful! Looks like my mtDNA is East African. L4

Seventies Soulchild: che, they got on my nerves... LOL nice bbenn

jhonora: Oh, I'm a member on that page, with Christophe Landry and the bunch

bbenn: Same here! What's with that group? We all know about the one drop rule..

Seventies Soulchild: Very Creole oriented not so much historically oriented... so I felt I couldn't get much out of it. So I quit.

jhonora: Well I think, the major posters may have wanted it Creole focused, but should have named it more precisely

Seventies Soulchild: I agree. But see I'm not creole, though my family has been in the area since the 1700's

jhonora: Seventies, those old Creoles would say thats your problem lol lol

Seventies Soulchild: lol

bbenn: lol

jhonora: I'm just kidding, we Creoles tend to be very clannish and absolutely love to talk about "our" history The only thing I wish I had like the creole folks in Sw La., is the language

Seventies Soulchild: really?

bbenn: jhonora, it is all of our history.

jhonora: I can get by, and learned a lot from the older folks, but they are fluent As a small child, I learned the prayers in French from my older relatives

bbenn: my great grandpa was also fluent...spoke french when they did not want the kids to know what they were talking about.

jhonora: What was his name?

Seventies Soulchild: Well I don't know French, but we sure had a lot of pidgeon speakers in the family from AL to MS...

bbenn: Logging out- nice chatting. Tune in on Thursday to hear about Genealogy Resources in Maryland.

Seventies Soulchild: I'm thankful that we still had some of those African words and speaking patterns within my lifetime. bbenn had you conisdered Eric Thomas? Please do

jhonora: Anyway, I think that group on facebook gets very focused on reviving the specific culture and the racial issues and not genealogy

Seventies Soulchild: locked up again... lol

bbenn: I will definitely reach out to Eric. I also encourage individuals to contact me if they are interested in being on my show.

jhonora: Y'all know that Skip Gates' program premieres on March 25

Seventies Soulchild: I knew that it was sometime this month... so... well.

bbenn: 70's and jhonroa, when will you two come on the show? Who is the guest for March 25?

Seventies Soulchild: bbenn I think jhonora would be an awesome guest! He can talk about Natchez and SW LA and the church history... bbenn... wellllll.... :}

jhonora: bbenn, I would be honored

Seventies Soulchild: I would love to come on.

bbenn: Okay, jhonora, I am working on the summer schedule right now..let's talk off-line...

jhonora: O.k. will do

bbenn: jhonora and 70's...do you have my contact information?

Seventies Soulchild: Yes I still have your contact information bbenn

jhonora: Yes

bbenn: Ok, let's talk off-line and I will book you for a show. :}

jhonora: bbenn, what you may want to do in advance of your trip, is identify all the notaries who were active in the period Talbott was in business Then you can check the indices for those notaries

bbenn: Thanks for the suggestion. I will do that.. Bye - I must get off of this computer - LOL:}

Seventies Soulchild: See now jhonora, I was wanting to do that for A.R. Brown the county clerk Have a good day bben

jhonora: Brown was the clerk in Adams Co?

Seventies Soulchild: But I wasn't quite sure of how to go about finding information about him Yes. Probably from the 1910's up through the 1930's

jhonora: Well I would guess his records "are" the conveyances and acts, etc in Adams Co., is that right?

Seventies Soulchild: DC's stuff like that.... Also did you see there was a Civil War lecture on the American History Channel

jhonora: Oh, DC's were recorded by the county clerk?

Seventies Soulchild: Yes.. you know we have the Circuit and Chancery clerks

jhonora: Right, Chancery court is the "court of equity" and circuit is mostly criminal matters

Seventies Soulchild: right. He signed my gggrandfather's DC the man who was eventually determined to be murdered

jhonora: I don't believe the clerks kept their own indices like notaries The notary is given such an exalted place under civil law

Seventies Soulchild: Right...

jhonora: You are familiar with the little site that is working on indexing the Ms deaths?

Seventies Soulchild: Yes, I did check it out and my ancestor's DC is there already... the one I just mentioned. I still don't have several DC's for my family that I need.

jhonora: Neither do I, they are slow as molasses in Jackson and charge the "out-of-state" fee

Seventies Soulchild: Yes and they doubled the cost... I bet its gone up again since I last looked at it. Anything new with the church researching?

jhonora: Nothing new, I am still working on my book on the Knights of Peter Claver

Seventies Soulchild: ok how's that coming along? hello deannie

jhonora: Pretty well, I get requests from out National Officers and local councils for info, so it takes me away from writing

deannie: Morning....seventies jhonora....

jhonora: Hello deannie

Seventies Soulchild: Anything new on the research front deannie? alright don't talk all at one time.. lol

deannie: I keep wanting to tell everyone the I found a cousin on my tree that's doing genealogy...he my greatest finds...since a meet my great cousin Maude

Seventies Soulchild: do tell I wish I had something exciting to tell this week...

deannie: He lives in Mississippi lol...he grandfather and grandmother were sibling...... He has already uncover 2 of my mystery...and I think he solved a third last nite.....

jhonora: Great, deannie, what is the family name?

Seventies Soulchild: ok

deannie: I going to Mississippi in April to do research and we are already going to go to see family.....

Seventies Soulchild: good

deannie: Bradley from Port Gibson, MS

Seventies Soulchild: Ah Port Gibson... :} Wonder if the family has any connection to Alcorn State University I wonder if you are of some relation to statustray. His family is from that area.

jhonora: Didn't Port Gibsob collapse into the river once or twice?

deannie: I have not found any,but maybe someone went to school there...because my materanl gggrand family comes for Jefferson county,ms

Seventies Soulchild: I do know that some of the places were burned out during the war and just afterwards

deannie: No the flood was high up around Greenville,Ms my cousin Maude who's 97 talked to me about the flood No again....I have a speech the stated they would not burn Port Gibson because it was to beauty....and they march right on thru

Seventies Soulchild: ok I'm thinking of the Windsor Ruins Anyone know what I'm talking about? :}

deannie: I going to speak to my brother about the information I think I found on my grandfather. will looking for his brother for my cousin...I see a William Hall living 2 doors over

Seventies Soulchild: ok

deannie: Is Windsor Ruins near Port Gibson

Seventies Soulchild: yes not too far from Alcorn

deannie: I do not know but I will look into it because that my be a research area for me

Seventies Soulchild: So I got my dna results from my grandfather. One is in Cameroon MTDNA and the other in Nigeria PtDNA hi alt

jhonora: Hello alt

deannie: Hi Alt What did you learn Seventies

alt: hello deannie, jhonora & Seventies Soulchild, hope you all are doing well today.

deannie: yes and you

Seventies Soulchild: Doing well alt. brb

alt: your trip to MS deannie, coming up soon, right?

deannie: What's new with you alt

alt: trying to shake a cold & the flu deannie, so it is slow with me fright now.

deannie: I know...I know lol lol lo...I can't wait...I have my bag packed and and my research binder together Ok...slow down a little....a lot of people got cold this year....

alt: wishing you a successful trip .. how many in your group from chicago are going?

deannie: about 11 that i know of

alt: wow, y'all gonna research or party, or both? LOL

deannie: a little of both...better research is first......

alt: lets' hope so LOL

deannie: we are going to jackson and I want to look at Death ceritificates and others....

alt: when di MS start recording DC's at the State level, what year?

deannie: My goal to find anything on my ggrandmother Anna Tyler Bingman Bradley.....I know was married to Ben Bingman...1893...I want the licences........................... 1912 my grandmother died in 1914 after the birth of her last child hi staustray

alt: pkay, so the birth years could easily carry you back to the 1850's or so on the DC's.

statustray: Greetings everyone ;-) alt, deannie, and Seventies Soulchild ;-)

alt: hello statustray , how ya doing?

statustray: I'm doing good alt. Thanks for asking. How goes it with you?

alt: fine sir,

statustray: :)

alt: marriage records for me prior to 1900 don't give much information deannie... usually the who got married, by whom, where & the date.. not much more. but a copy of the official record is alwayd good & nice to have.

deannie: I have find that the tell what county they were in, also I find maiden names....on one of mines the family but up a $250 diary...in 1883...

alt: oh yeah, maiden names ... that's a biggie

deannie: I asked my gen society where did they got the money, they said is was a I O U just incase the marriage did not work out.

statustray: *wow*

alt: was that a marrige "bond"?

deannie: Yes that's what it was called.....It must have worked they were married for over 50 years...Thomas Hall and Rose Hyder of Port Gibson, Ms..my ggrrandparents

alt: Thomas didin't want to give up the money, it was cheaper to keep her LOL LOL

statustray: port gibson is right up the way from ASU

deannie: He know that before the song was made lol yes I hope to make a trip there also

alt: yep

deannie: I guess made everyone quiet

alt: slow day ???

statustray: hehehe.... nah... you didn't do that... i just figured it was me who made everyone get quiet... lol...

deannie: No.....I learn something new when I come to chat....

statustray: I agree with you deannie... every single time I come here, I always learn something ;-)

deannie: I passed it on Tues, I helped another gen find inform because of what I have learned Statustray...what are your county

statustray: covington, jasper, jones, and smith county ms

deannie: ok...

statustray: I did do undergrad at asu though... and went to port gibson all the time to Sonic to get a hamburger and strawberry shake.... rented vhs videos from a video store there too

deannie: I'm hoping to show my cousin how to look up DC so I can get them from him for less, because he lives there....it cheap

statustray: yes especially those older DCs those can be had for 25cents each (i believe)

deannie: I know, but if I order them they would be 15 dollars or more

statustray: Yup... I agree... now the 'newer' ones no matter what will cost you at least that... but for the older ones, it's much better to get a person who lives in state to get them for you... that's what i do

deannie: Linda Rudd has gotten a license for me but I want to look up more

statustray: a lady at laurel public library told me that 'secret'... i did not know that prior to her telling me

deannie: I know I have gone to Illinois state captial and the first five are free

statustray: wow, i didn't know that

deannie: I have a portable scanning...that I am learning to us, but one of the lady's in my group she say's that there is a new one on the market....

statustray: i have some family up in chicago so that's good to know I have a "Vupoint Magic Wand" portable scanner

deannie: Just let me know....I'm planning a trip to Springfield..the state capital...I will let you know when That the one

statustray: i have it and a hard back carrying case.... i didn't like the pouch bag that came with it.

deannie: my email addres is Bradleyclan2004@yahoo.com...just let me know who you are...but afrigenses

statustray: and mine is statustray@hotmail.com i am adding you to my list ;-) i appreciate that! I have you in my list already... I guess I had forgotten

deannie: ok ditto here

statustray: :}

deannie: Do you go to Jackson State Archives

statustray: I have only been there one time

deannie: Hi vkn

statustray: Hi there vkn... greetings to you.

vkn: howdy to all status deannie seventies

statustray: It seems like between visiting with family members, I don't get much time to visit the archives. Family gets upset when you don't spend time with them. They know I am the family historian and you gotta research, but still... hehe...

Seventies Soulchild: hello?

statustray: Hey there Seventies Soulchild ;-)

Seventies Soulchild: Hey statustray!

statustray: Howdy, howdy, howdy

Seventies Soulchild: hey deannie and vkn

deannie: back seventies

Seventies Soulchild: LOL got caught up on the phone... sorry

vkn: and backatcha seventies

Seventies Soulchild: Alright now, where were we? :}

vkn: us family wants ALL of your time

statustray: i know how that goes.. hehe.... You got that right vkn... lol...

Seventies Soulchild: deannie, the research fee has gone up to $28

deannie: Oh no...It's cheaper for me to take the train there.....it only 198

Seventies Soulchild: Honestly its more cost effective for me to just order them

deannie: where are you

Seventies Soulchild: New York

deannie: i just go for a yearly visit....

Seventies Soulchild: You're lucky because you have a pretty much straight drive There are no trains from NYC to Jackson... the closest I"d be able to get to Natchez would be through New Orleans.

deannie: I see your point......I would take Amtak...but some flight to Jackson sometime a cheap...for as little as $235.00...if you look

Seventies Soulchild: Southwest is the airline that flies into jackson that is pretty cheap. but this year I'll be flying into Baton Rouge, LA You know, I'm looking for a genealogy group to join. Seriously. Offline.

deannie: Ok I so a flight to LA while I was checking the airlines site...Travelocity...etc

statustray: And you know I share your sentiments too Seventies Soulchild

Seventies Soulchild: Does the IBGS have any chapters? And I need to have some membership benefits.

deannie: For the conference

Seventies Soulchild: I mean do they have chapters like AAGHS?

deannie: Statustray do you belong to a genealogy society in misssissippi

statustray: I belong to the following: Smith County Genealogical Society, and Jones County Genealogical Society.

Seventies Soulchild: oh... well what do they offer in terms of records and journals, etc

statustray: I am debating about joing Covington County Genealogical Society as well

vkn: It is good to join local and State Societies

deannie: ok...I have written to the Claiborne and Jefferson county society but they have not called me back

statustray: I have the cemetary book purchased at members price (they don't offer members price anymore as everyone pays the same fee), I really needed that book. They physically visited all of the known cemetaries in smith county, ms and transcribed everything. The hard back book of 1000 pages cost me $32

Seventies Soulchild: Nice!

deannie: I will written before I go

Seventies Soulchild: deannie, I'm having the same issue with some in Alabama.

statustray: i also purchased news paper archives too of the obituary section... i have 2 of those... they were $25 each

deannie: That's good

Seventies Soulchild: Autauga Co. is totally unresponsive

statustray: I have been to about 6 meetings... on the Jones County Genealogical Society, I was the only black in attendance. For the Smith County Genealogical Society, only 2 other blacks attend, they have been members for years... it's a husband/wife... so when I make the meeting it becomes 3 of us.

deannie: I want to get the local newspaper and that a problem but when I get there I will know what paper to pay

Seventies Soulchild: :}

deannie: When I first stated genealogy that was me..

Seventies Soulchild: Statustray, I think that they keep the meetings secret in Adams Co. lol

statustray: Seventies Soulchild: hehehehehe.....

Seventies Soulchild: How were the meetings statustray

deannie: Adams county is a neighboring county for me

statustray: I really enjoyed them.

Seventies Soulchild: Yes just south of Jefferson County. You have to drive through Fayette to get to Sibley. If you're coming from the north

statustray: Smith county is more active than neighboring Jones county... they even offer scholarships to colleges/universities Greetings Daviss

Seventies Soulchild: Lookie lookie.. here comes johnny come lately.. lol Hey Daviss

Daviss: hello and greetings statustray

vkn: welcome daviss

Seventies Soulchild: What is the county seat for Smith Statustray

Daviss: lol Seventies hi

statustray: Raleigh, MS

Daviss: hi vkn and deannie

Seventies Soulchild: Ok never heard of it... lol

Daviss: hows it going everyone

Seventies Soulchild: Good

deannie: I have a civil war pension paper on a brother-in-law of one of my ancester and it help me with some info....I found it online on Remembering the Names

Daviss: Ms folks here

vkn: fine here

Seventies Soulchild: ok all the time Daviss

deannie: deannie checking in

Daviss: lol nothing wrong with that lol thats quite a gem deannie

Seventies Soulchild: Was going to ask more, but found the site. This site was posted by Linda Rudd, huh? nice

Daviss: Did you get with Angela deannie?

Seventies Soulchild: She really should've included the information in a book That's quite a bit of research

deannie: yes....she's working on it for me...it think I will find a lot of inform from it

Seventies Soulchild: for those of us who hadn't read it before. http://www.angelfire.com/folk/gljmr/

vkn: that is good deannie will link after chat seventies

deannie: me too

Seventies Soulchild: its the page that you refered to earlier deannie

Daviss: been there looking for other peeps stuff seventies

deannie: lol Oh I did not know how to get if like that...i told you I learn something here all the time

Daviss: good to get a refresher though for me

Seventies Soulchild: no outside of my county range

deannie: I will be right back

Daviss: thats right deannie me too

statustray: Seventies Soulchild: Thanks for sharing.

Seventies Soulchild: This is what my area of research looks like. http://www.natchezbelle.org/adams-ind/adamst.gif I have Adams, Wilkinson, Counites &Concordia, Tensas Parishes Y'all bored of talking about Mississippi? lol lol lol

Daviss: no, no no unless you know Texas lol

Seventies Soulchild: How's it going out there Daviss?

deannie: back

Daviss: raining and raining and raining

Seventies Soulchild: ha! I've been to Texas... lol

vkn: one state at a time seventies never tire

Daviss: ;) I think my daughter wants to leave in a few while its light rain

deannie: Seventies my cousin stated that Tensas Parishes, LA is right on the boardline near Port Gibson

AYWalton: Good aftenoon, all.

Daviss: We were gonna go to Church

vkn: in moreno valley daviss

statustray: hey there AYWalton! ;-)

deannie: Hi Aywalton

Daviss: yes vkn

AYWalton: Howdy Daviss, deannie, statustray, SoulChile. Greetings, vkn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vkn: heyyyyy ayw

Daviss: Hi AYWalton lol

Seventies Soulchild: Yes it goes just from the tip of Adams county up.. very slender county. Waterproof is its most famous town. Which is now practically for sale

AYWalton: sorry to sign on so late.

Seventies Soulchild: Hi AYWalton. No worries we are still here.

AYWalton: so I see. hope you are all well.

statustray: :}

Seventies Soulchild: Doing good.

AYWalton: that's good. Daviss how is the computer?

Daviss: I am well AYWalton even after all those roller coaster rides lol

vkn: glad 2 c you early or late ayw

AYWalton: ahh thanks, vkn.

Daviss: I am still in Cali AYWalton

AYWalton: having a good trip, Daviss?

Daviss: good AYWalton

AYWalton: I had forgotten that you were going to California this weekend. what part are you?

Daviss: I am in Moreno Valley its Southern Cali

AYWalton: hope you are having good weather.

statustray: I gotta jet out.... talk to everyone next Sunday... c ya!

Seventies Soulchild: Hey take care statustray

Daviss: naww AYWalton its raining cats and dogs and laker fans lol

statustray: u 2!

Seventies Soulchild: Let me know how things go... by e-mail

AYWalton: lol

deannie: I have to run also....have a great day...I enjoyed my chat

AYWalton: oh gracious! take ccare statustray!

statustray: Sure will... haven't heard anything just as yet... hopefully one day this week... i'll let ya know

AYWalton: good to see you!

statustray: Peace \/ everyone lol

Daviss: cya status and thanks

statustray: Good seeing you too AYWalton.....

AYWalton: back atcha! V

statustray: you were close AYWalton... but i didn't do a letter 'v' though

AYWalton: I know. I think you did a slash thing.

statustray: lol... i used the backslash and forward slash

Daviss: lol

AYWalton: \/

statustray: yup... hahahaha

AYWalton: how about that?

statustray: There ya go! Much better ;)

AYWalton: \/ or V hmm.........I guess the \/ is more dramatic. :)

statustray: Ok, gone for real this time. Hope to see everyone next Sunday.... Yes the \/ is way more dramatic

AYWalton: take care

statustray: You all too!

Daviss: take cafre oops

AYWalton: Daviss when do you return to AZ?

Seventies Soulchild: Are we ready for 1940???!!!

Daviss: I think daughter wants to go in about a hour or two

AYWalton: will be in less than 2 weeks. oh you are leaving today! did you drive, Daviss?

Seventies Soulchild: Well the prepwork is what I'm talking about. Daviss you're driving back to AZ?

Daviss: yes we did AYWalton.. Only took about 5 hrs

AYWalton: oh that's not too bad! you will be there before dinner time.

Daviss: no piece of cake

Seventies Soulchild: That's not too bad at all. That's like from here to Maryland.

AYWalton: is it a scenic drive?

Daviss: now no really..mostly desert but I have driven it so many times

AYWalton: I see. Well the desert has its own beauty. Things should be in bloom in the desert right about now.

Seventies Soulchild: :} Yes I was thinking tumbleweed and cactus... lol

Daviss: Boink!!!

vkn: what hiway are you taking daviss

Daviss: The 10 vkn

vkn: ah all the way?

Daviss: yes

vkn: 10 is the Santa Monica ?

AYWalton: I was in Arizona once for a conference (Scottsdale) and was amazed by the beauty of the flora even in the desert.

Seventies Soulchild: I have to go. Daviss you have a safe trip back home.

Daviss: prettier out that way AYWalton thanks seventies

AYWalton: it was pretty.

Seventies Soulchild: Everyone have a wonderful Sunday.

AYWalton: Not sure what mountains I was near--Camelback, perhaps? Not sure, but very pretty.

Daviss: I missed WDYTYA was it good Yes that would be the Camelbacks

vkn: twas ok

Daviss: I guess I could see it online

vkn: spose so y'all be good and drive safely daviss

AYWalton: yes drive carefully on the way back. you too, vkn. Daviss is the computer working better now?

Daviss: not when I left AYWalton

AYWalton: what are you using right now'? your laptop?

Daviss: I think they will have to come back the tech I think it is in the lines

AYWalton: the tech loaned you a computer?

Daviss: no no I think the problem is in the telephone lines not the puter

AYWalton: ahhh ok. That makes sense.

Daviss: He said that all the lines were intack except the one to our house

AYWalton: Wow. I wonder how that happened? are they working on the line?

Daviss: Mariah lol

AYWalton: lol she's tampering with the lines now huh? she is a skillful woman! lol

Daviss: I thought they had finished on Thur but they had not. We had to leave so unkwn yep she is

AYWalton: wow I hope it gets fixed.

Daviss: talked to Shelley last night lol

AYWalton: oh she told me she was on the phone with you. How did that go?

Daviss: She gave me a lot to do lol

AYWalton: She told me she was giving you a time line to fill out.

Daviss: yes

AYWalton: did you find it useful?

Daviss: well I will have to see do what I can

AYWalton: I hear ya. well I am gonna let you get ready to leave. have a safe drive back home. check in after you get home.

Daviss: I will

AYWalton: wanna make sure you arrive safely and that Mariah ain't messin' with you on the way home.

Daviss: later my friend

AYWalton: take care. bye

18 Dec 2002 :: 1 Feb 2009
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy