Try a new Ancestry.com Membership!

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

Footnote.com

Note: Please follow the link(s) on the navigation bar below to search additional messages that have been archived to conserve space. If no link is visible, no messages have been archived on this board.

2012-03-16 Presentations

*LunchBunch

Start: 12:09:41
End: 12:48:32
Chatters: alt, AYWalton, catrina703, Seventies Soulchild, vkn

Seventies Soulchild: Good afternoon alt

alt: hey lady, how ya doing?

Seventies Soulchild: doing ok. Still working on the Thompson Galmore presentation. One small detailed step at a time :)

alt: presentations ,, they take time Aiways sometning to add, or delete LOL

Seventies Soulchild: Debating what I should and shouldn't include. If I should go very technical or if I should be generic So the theme is WDYTYA Thompson-Galmore edition

alt: okay, generic usually worls, but be prepared for technical questions.

Seventies Soulchild: You know I was very fortunate to have known my great grandmother and had her around for 104 years. She shared a lot with me the one summer I came to stay.

alt: yes, you were very, very fortunate!!!!

Seventies Soulchild: She let me look through her photo albums and explained to me who some of the family members were.

alt: How long has she been gone?

Seventies Soulchild: One story I remember was that of her sister Nannie (Nancy) Galmore. She got menengitis at 12 and survived, but it caused her to have mental retardation. She never really matured. My great grandmother has been gone since 1999 Jan 1, her baby boy Anderson died on the 2nd. There was a double funeral. She was as big as a minute and didn't take no nonsense. lol

alt: wow!!!! so you have a viual remembereance thru her albums... who has then now? visual them

Seventies Soulchild: Various family members. My grandfather has a photo of his grandfather whom he was nicknamed after, Candy. My aunt Lin had some of all of the children of Candy Galmore.

alt: that's great Seventies Soulchild

Seventies Soulchild: Its one of those bubble glass photos.

alt: how far back do the photos date? early 1900's?

Seventies Soulchild: LOL I know you all think I'm a baby, but I was always around some very elderly people coming up Yes early 1900's, mid-1900's...

alt: hello catrina703

Seventies Soulchild: My aunt Nig (Margaret) is also a photo keeper. She has pictures of my great grandparents from about the 1930's sitting on her dresser. Hello catrina703 Hello AYWalton

AYWalton: Good afternoon, all.

alt: hello AYWalton, how are ya?

AYWalton: Howdy alt, catrina703, SoulChile! doing fine and you alt?

catrina703: hey AYWalton

Seventies Soulchild: I'm going to have to include some of those pictures in my presentation. I've been asking around. I'm going to have to call to remind people again.

alt: terrible AYWalton, eyes & nose running, coughing it's gonna be a rough day or two :(

AYWalton: I hear ya, alt.

Seventies Soulchild: really alt? Sorry to hear that.

AYWalton: I am about to go out and get some antihisatmines myself, as well. the season is here.

alt: sure is AYWalton

AYWalton: I think it will be a rough season. the early spring is bringing about early pollen, and that means a long seaons of sniffing and sneezing!

Seventies Soulchild: I've been asking my son how he's been feeling. So far no running nose, sneezing, etc.

alt: I guess ms Vicky has made it to California?

AYWalton: I had an attack last week, so I have to get ready for it. Was she traveling today alt?

alt: I think today is her birthday.... she mentioned going to Cali yesterday AYWalton

AYWalton: oh that's right!!! is this a weekend trip?

alt: dunno AYWalton

Seventies Soulchild: Yes tosay is her b-day.

AYWalton: oh on Sunday, the Indiana Afr. American genealogy group is launching their new podcast. I am looking forward to that.

Seventies Soulchild: Do you have the URL AYWalton?

alt: www.iaagg.org

AYWalton: yes, it is the link that alt shared. thanks alt.

alt: that's really a strong, forward loking group with great ideas and they're implementing some good stuff for their membership.

Seventies Soulchild: Thank you alt.

AYWalton: they are a very progressive group.

alt: yw Seventies Soulchild

AYWalton: Like the Chicago group and the ever growing St. Louis group. wb SoulChile

Seventies Soulchild: Good to see that they are setting the standard...

catrina703: Just curious, has anyone had any luck with working with descendents of slave owners?

AYWalton: I have, catrina. In my case, the slave holder descendants found me.

Seventies Soulchild: No, but its because I'm just mean. I've had people contact me in the past though.

AYWalton: they reached out to me, and we communicate now regularly.

catrina703: very cool great to hear some folks are so open minded

AYWalton: On another line, I was invited as a special guest when the historic home of the slave holders was re-dedicated, and they wanted someone to represent the slaves who lived and worked there.

catrina703: ?

AYWalton: I was determined to sip a mint julip out of cup that my ancestors had to wash and serve the drinks, so I made my own private toast to them and I was there in their honor. I had researched the line of slaves and they had no knowledge of any of the names of the slaves, so I had info that they no longer had. I had met some of them before, and they have also attended other events where I have been a speaker. We have a good relationship to this day. The history is acknowledged and shared.

alt: I've had contact with this group of slave owning families catrina703 http://ramsha1780.org/

AYWalton: that's cool alt.

alt: I did a presenation on my slave ancestors and their descendants who were captured in the British & Shawnwee raid of 1780.

Seventies Soulchild: hello vkn

alt: hello vkn

vkn: Y'all be looking pretty and that is good

AYWalton: :)

alt: if you could only "see" us vkn LOL

vkn: I will be sending y'all a 1 800 number to reach AfriGeneas today lol @ alt

AYWalton: ahhh an 800 number!!! That's cool!!!

vkn: No Facetime for me either lol

AYWalton: Does "AfriGeneas" get lots of calls?

vkn: A number and they get stacked and lost sometimes

Seventies Soulchild: How is that going to work?

AYWalton: that's interesting. do you want us to test the line?

alt: I'm gonna have to go lay down.. can't see the screen with the watering eyes & running nose.... laters y'all

Seventies Soulchild: bye alt feel better

AYWalton: ok alt.

vkn: This way the caller will always get a response

AYWalton: that's a good thing.

Seventies Soulchild: Oh you will have a generic response then.

vkn: well I will let you test it is not quite in place properly

AYWalton: only if you need it to be tested, of course. Just let us know. let us know if you want us to test.

vkn: please go ahead

AYWalton: will do.

vkn: configuration is in process Lots tp learn

AYWalton: i understand. well, I am editing the podcast and have to upload it, so I better run, folks. Have a great day, folks. take care.

vkn: u 2

Seventies Soulchild: Ok well I gotta go get some lunch... talk to you all later.

vkn: Catrina take all care

catrina703: ok bye

18 Dec 2002 :: 1 Feb 2009
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy