Try a new Ancestry.com Membership!

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

Footnote.com

Note: Please follow the link(s) on the navigation bar below to search additional messages that have been archived to conserve space. If no link is visible, no messages have been archived on this board.

2012-03-15 23 & Me • Family Search

*LunchBunch

Start: 12:11:34
End: 13:01:31
Chatters: alt, AYWalton, Daviss, HistoryBuff, Selma, Seventies Soulchild

Seventies Soulchild: Hello alt. How are you feeling today?

alt: Hi Seventies Soulchild, feeling pretty good, how are you doing today?

Seventies Soulchild: Doing well alt.

alt: good!!

Seventies Soulchild: Had to dig up the boys summer clothes from last year. Some they can still wear.

alt: I know that's a problem ... teenage boys and clothes

Seventies Soulchild: Yes... sometimes. The weather just jumped up in the past week. Hello Daviss

alt: sure did, we hit the 80's yesterday

Seventies Soulchild: Problem fixed??

alt: Daviss... how's it going in AZ?

Daviss: Hello alt and Seventies Soulchild!! How are you two today?

Seventies Soulchild: We were in the low 70's going to hit almost 70 next week I meant 80 lol

Daviss: Hopefully so Soulchild.. I will find out in a few..I did get the chance to blame Mariah though

alt: we gonna catch it when that last cold spell of the winter hits us after this week of warm weather.

Seventies Soulchild: lol

Daviss: Out of 25 lines stringing to the houses here, this one was the only one broken. lol

Seventies Soulchild: I think so too alt. Hopefully spring and summer won't be as moody as the winter. lol Hello HistoryBuff

HistoryBuff: Hey Seventies, Daviss and Alt.

alt: hello HistoryBuff.. how's it going?

HistoryBuff: It's going. How about you, Alt?

Daviss: Hi there HistoryBuff

Seventies Soulchild: Ok I got an answer on my DNA match for my grandfather's MtDNA group L2a1c1

alt: doing well today, thank you

Daviss: okaaaaay

HistoryBuff: yw

Daviss: and what was that seventies

alt: very good Seventies Soulchild

Seventies Soulchild: After looking at the map of concentration on 23andme and consulting with other L2a1c1's the group is most likely Bamileke/Tikar Of Cameroon

Daviss: high concentration there

Seventies Soulchild: Very everything else is orange. or yellow

Daviss: ok good

alt: is it me or is there a preponderance of Camaroon descendant coming out of the RITF mtDNA test results?

Seventies Soulchild: One of the l2a's tested also with African Ancestry

Daviss: I would have to look at mine and see. However would we also have to look at where the trade was also

Seventies Soulchild: Her response matched with what was showing in 23andme.

Daviss: oh ok I was just going to ask that seventies

alt: is the L or l as in I Seventies Soulchild?

Seventies Soulchild: L No wonder my cousin Archie is such a great musician! lol

alt: okay

Daviss: dont say I alt remember me and my I result from Ancestry :{

alt: right Daviss Hello Selma

Selma: Afternoon alt, Daviss, History and seventies

HistoryBuff: Hey Selma.

Seventies Soulchild: Daviss, just own it. You have a white female ancestor out there somewhere. You need to find her. :} Hello Selma

Daviss: You talk about it is what it is but I was sure down...down until I had a retest lol No they made a mistake on mine Seventies lol

Seventies Soulchild: lol oh

Daviss: Hi Selma!!

alt: maybe the sent it as lower case L which looked like l Daviss

Daviss: But I still got that somewhere I am sure

Seventies Soulchild: Ok Selma is here. Alright, now we can have a elder researchers give their daily words of genealogical research wisdom.

Selma: Patience is the key

Seventies Soulchild: alt, you can go first. :) Then Selma, then Daviss.

Selma: I just did mine.. LOL OK I will give another one..

HistoryBuff: lol

Seventies Soulchild: lol I see before I had a chance to give the proper order.. lol

alt: Persistance

Daviss: well that settles that

HistoryBuff: wb Daviss

Selma: So what is yours daviss?

Seventies Soulchild: Before you dash off Davis, go ahead and give us the daily words of wisdom

Daviss: my daily word od wisdom is Patooey lol

Selma: LOL

Seventies Soulchild: ok you know I'm not going to ask you again... lol

Daviss: lol lol

Seventies Soulchild: I think Daviss needs some words of encouragement. Have Patience and be persistent... lol

Selma: My other one is Be prepared for what you find..it may or not be what you expect

Seventies Soulchild: Excellent! I think we've all experienced that in our research. I know I have.

HistoryBuff: Good words of wisdom, Selma. Thanks. :)

alt: right Selma, it "ain't" always like you want it to be ... or like granny said it was.

Selma: Unfortunately I have met a number of folks..who insist on trying to make it fit they way they want it to be..

Seventies Soulchild: Well sometimes we just have our own preconceived notions and what we thought we knew, wasn't so.

alt: unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately we didn't/don't get to choose who our ancestors are LOL

Selma: No we don't alt..

HistoryBuff: Indeed

Seventies Soulchild: ditto

Daviss: true alt...

Seventies Soulchild: One thing that I'm always interested in are the stories that defy convential historical teachings... like alt's free family and their journey from KY to Canada to OH, IN etc.

alt: and AA history is full of 'unconvententail" (sp) happenings.

Seventies Soulchild: I agree alt.

Daviss: ok so seventies I see that they are all P's today.. Patience, Persistant, Prepared and if you will let me use be Principled in your quest

HistoryBuff: Yes, like that former football player's ancestor who won that lawsuit against the IL Railroad Comp. in WDYTYA last fri.

Seventies Soulchild: ok thank you Daviss

Daviss: ok now I can quit playing lol

Seventies Soulchild: lol lol lol lol

alt: very good sistuh Daviss, preach on LOL

Seventies Soulchild: I think two events stand out for me. Finding FPOC in my family and finding foreign born people in my family Though I didn't do the research on my FPOCs

Selma: I think because the narrative was generally written by folks who don't see us within the larger narrative of the whole country..

HistoryBuff: I consur with your statement, Selma.

Seventies Soulchild: hheeeeyyyyyy Daviss. :| lol

HistoryBuff: wb Davis

alt: one of my 'surprises' is the locations of folks.... they were in Iowa and even Califonia by the 1860's.. not just the south & Ohio. Hang on Daviss, hang on

Daviss: @^%$^6

Seventies Soulchild: Right. That was surprising. Also your wife's 'cousin' Edie was talking about her Lett family who was running for office in the 1850's and 1860's @alt

HistoryBuff: Can I offer you an anchor, Daviss? x----------------------0

alt: yeah, political activism was somewhat rampant among FPOC in the 1840-1850 & 1860's that was surprisng... I mean other than those you read about in the history books .. Douglass, etc.

Selma: Jeez Daviss..what's up with you today?

Daviss: the techs were out yesterday too Selma

Selma: You had the Geek Squad?

Daviss: sadly I will have to call again but they have to come back on Monday headed to Moreno valley in about two hrs so at least I wont be cussing all day

Selma: LOL

Seventies Soulchild: :} Please don't cuss all day.

alt: Seventies Soulchild, got one for ya.... check out George Henry White... AA Congressman from NC from 1898-1903 , or so.....

HistoryBuff: Sorry that you're having so much trouble with your IT, Davis :(

alt: drive safely Daviss

Seventies Soulchild: Daviss make sure that you tell the company to prorate your monthly bill because of this service. And YES you can do that. Hello AYWalton

AYWalton: Good afternoon, all.

Selma: Afternoon AY

alt: hello AYWalton, Good afternoon to ya.

HistoryBuff: Hey AYWalton!

AYWalton: howdy Daviss

Daviss: Hi AYWalton!!

AYWalton: computer fixed yet, Daviss?

Daviss: guess not AYWalton, I have been booted about 5 times already here in chat

AYWalton: oh gracious!!!! did the techs find out anything?

HistoryBuff: Well I got to head back to work early-hectic work day.

AYWalton: take care HistoryBuff

Selma: Have a good day Historybuff

HistoryBuff: Have a great day everyone, Bye.

alt: Daviss, I just this morning installed a JAVA update, perhaps that's part of your problem and I also am using Chrome as my browser

Daviss: they said out of 25 lines this one needed replacing so I thought they did that yesterday

Seventies Soulchild: Let me get going too. Our cafeteria closes at 130 and its 10 before 1...

Daviss: I use Chrome also alt

alt: oh, okay

AYWalton: later, SoulChile

Daviss: later

Selma: Bye soulchile

AYWalton: hope your problem gets resolved, Daviss. I know that can be frustrating, for sure.

Seventies Soulchild: bye all

AYWalton: so how is everyone else doing?

Daviss: whats going on with you AYWalton?

AYWalton: busy trying to sort through things, and outline some Power Points I need to be working on. Have to give a Keynote in Arkansas and need to get on top of that.

alt: FamiySearch now has images of early Ohio 1900 marriage records.... finding some good stuff... actual birthdates & locations & parents on those early records.

AYWalton: that's wonderful, alt. FamilySearch is continually adding things. It is amazing. wb Daviss

Selma: Alt..you sure you ain't paying someone to put all that Ohio stuff out there

AYWalton: lol

Daviss: Oh AY did you have Fields in your Fayette County Peeps

alt: not me Selma I 'ain't' got NO money LOL

AYWalton: Yes. Don't know lots about them, but one of Napier Bass's children I believe married a fields, because the grandchildren were living with him. Why---do you have some Fields running in some of your files?

Daviss: I found a DC for Fields 1904

AYWalton: and Betty McDade, the woman who was on the show that I hosted---she found some more Fields for me. I have to analyze what she has found. please send me that DC, Daviss. Might answer some questions. I don't know which of Napier's daughters----actually I know little about Napier or his family.

Selma: Daviss?..aren't you researching Napier's?

Daviss: yes I will AYWalton. remember I am going image by image and pulling out all the AA's in Fayette, harrison and Grimes County

AYWalton: that's right!!

Daviss: No Selma, that was Nelms

AYWalton: Not a bad thing to do, Daviss---copy each and every one you find, and create a collection.

Selma: Oh..OK..well at lest I got the first letter right.. LOL

Daviss: lol I will send you the Fields and I have one Poole No Bass as of yet

AYWalton: oh yes---and also watch out for Harris. Harris, Fields, Pooles and yes of course Bass. But I don't think any Bass's remained. I think both Sephus and Napier had daughters. If there were sons, that would be great, but I have no names of any male Bass's after Sephus died.

Daviss: Harris.. ok

AYWalton: well, I better run.

Selma: Jeez you just got here.. LOL

Daviss: lol lol

AYWalton: true, but is is 1:00. and I should think about the things I have to be doing. At least think about them, even if I don't do them. lol

Selma: LOL Have a great day.. Enjoy this weather..it is 80 somehting here

AYWalton: perhaps Daviss---if you plan a trip in 2013 or 14, I will meet you there and we can hunt down Mariah and Uncle Sephus.

Daviss: Have a good one

AYWalton: you too----this weather is GORGEOUS!!!!

Daviss: hope its the same in Cali

AYWalton: have a good one, folks.

Daviss: Guess I better go pack my suitcase

Selma: Have a great trip Daviss..

Daviss: thanks Sel

alt: yes & be safe

Daviss: thanks alt later u2

alt: guess I'lll go watch some Hoops

Selma: Ok..alt have a great day

18 Dec 2002 :: 1 Feb 2009
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy