Try a new Ancestry.com Membership!

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

Footnote.com

Note: Please follow the link(s) on the navigation bar below to search additional messages that have been archived to conserve space. If no link is visible, no messages have been archived on this board.

2012-02-09 ProfDru & Hat Program

*LunchBunch

Start: 11:58:06
End: 13:06:49
Chatters: alt, AYWalton, daviss, frances stephens, HistoryBuff, ProfDru, Selma, Seventies Soulchild, vkn

frances stephens: I must be early, GoodAfternoon. There goes my Afternoon, phone is ringing, must leave.

Seventies Soulchild: Good afternoon HistoryBuff

HistoryBuff: Good Afternoon Seventies. How goes it?

Seventies Soulchild: Going good HistoryBuff. Hey daviss!

HistoryBuff: Hey Daviss, How art Thow?

daviss: hello there HistoryBuff! heyyy Seventies!

HistoryBuff: Thow=Thou

daviss: How are you two doing today?

Seventies Soulchild: Yes I have over 1200 messages in my inbox... LOL I will be checking e-mail for the rest of my life!

HistoryBuff: I'm good thanks, and you Daviss? What brought that on, Seventies?

daviss: 1200 dang lil one, why do many? why so many

Seventies Soulchild: Children looking to get admitted to West Point. hi alt!

daviss: hi alt!!

alt: Hi ladies.... daviss, Seventies Soulchild & Historybuff

HistoryBuff: Oh. Hey Alt. How goes it?

Seventies Soulchild: ok what just happened? lol

HistoryBuff: oooops.

daviss: sheesh, another day of this for alt I see

Seventies Soulchild: Alright daviss what's new over in your world. I have BHM angst A-Gain.

alt: Here we go again LOL

daviss: well, how long do you have seventies to listen?

Seventies Soulchild: LOL Just an hour to spare today daviss!

daviss: I know alt

HistoryBuff: wb Alt.

daviss: ok if thats all the time you have Missy I will keep it to myself lol lol

HistoryBuff: LOL

Seventies Soulchild: Ok so I was contacted by a Henyard descendant a few days ago. they are direct descendants of Daniel Henyard, son of Thomas.

daviss: Where does he live seventies? I know you were excited about that

Seventies Soulchild: He didn't say. But one of his uncles was St. Claire Henyard, who live in Steubenville, OH during hte 1940's. It was kind of neat hearing from a direct relative of someone you've only seen on paper.

HistoryBuff: Indeed.

Seventies Soulchild: You know there are quite a few people who contact me saying that they are related, BUT I am very selective about whom I reach out to.

daviss: thats for sure

alt: yep, that's a great feeling Seventies Soulchild and to know that folks are actually mmaking contact is even a better feeling.

Seventies Soulchild: What is funny about St. Claire living in Ohio is that my mom's first cousin lived there for several years in Steubenville.

HistoryBuff: Seventies, do the other contacts say how they are related to you?

daviss: How selective Seventies.. we don't want you to miss out on something that may really be a goodie

alt: sounds like this one with the Steubenville connections is/would be legitimate.

daviss: alt do you have any contacts in Cleveland....I am looking for Lee and McCrimmon's for a friend of mine

Seventies Soulchild: Yes, but I think some of those people moved back to MS after retiring from the steel mills and factories.

alt: Yep, I have a couple Cleveland contacts... how can I help you daviss?

daviss: I don't think that they made it to Ohio until the early 20's

Seventies Soulchild: Well daviss you know I had that incident with my ancestry tree. Put a bad taste in my mouth. Actually a couple of incidents. Hey Ms. Selma

HistoryBuff: Hey Selma.

Selma: Good afternoon alt, daviss, History and seventies

alt: Hello Selma.. how are ya?

HistoryBuff: That is unfortunate Seventies.

Seventies Soulchild: very

daviss: I am trying to find any info of these people for a lady who is trying to piece her tree together. They moved from Okla to Ohio.. She also thinks that this Cloria Lee married someone by the name of Anderson Hi there Selma!!!

Selma: Hi there daviss

daviss: thanks for the read this morning.. I enjoyed it

alt: Send me the names and any information they care to share daviss & I'll forward the information to my contacts to see if the can be of help.

Selma: I am glad daviss...think I posted to the Main Forum too..but don't see yet

daviss: ok thanks alt!! It should have hit right away selma

alt: You get my response Selma? Perrysburg, Ohio got my attention.

Selma: Sometimes if I put a link I don't see it right away..you look

daviss: ok brb

alt: Perrysburg, OH, Barbering & the UGRR Selma.. that rung a bell with me. LOL

daviss: wow, not there Selma

Selma: Nope alt..don't see yours either..in my email Heck for all I know maybe I forgot to hit SEND

daviss: I have done that selma but I blame it on Mariah and not on me lol

Selma: The Smith man also mentions plantations in TEXAS too in his weill

alt: hehehehehe... it's POST Selma LOL

Selma: will..but the author doesn't elaborate I thought the Ohio references and UGRR would catch your attention alt

alt: they did :} the Langford sure name even rang a bell.

Selma: History Buff and seventies ..we are talking about something I posted earlier today re an article I read about a Slave Narrative

Seventies Soulchild: Ok.. I was just about to ask.

HistoryBuff: Okay, thanks Selma. Speaking of UGRR, did you hear about the unveiling of the Harriet Tubman wax figure in the DC Wax Museum 2 days ago?

Selma: It does put in context some of the issues we face as researchers and the fact we need to understand the historical context in which these events in our ancestors lives take place No I didn't History..

Seventies Soulchild: Slave narratives are great. I found a former slave Eliza Evans who belong to one Clem Lanier (who is all over the internet) living in Oklahoma. Was the first narrative I looked at when I opened the book. Wasn't expecting that.

daviss: me either HB

Seventies Soulchild: I read about that. The local AME Zion Church here has a Harriet Tubman society which purchased the home of Harriet Tubman in Upstate NY

HistoryBuff: Here's a link, http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/descendants-of-harriet-tubman-to-unveil-wax-figure-of-abolitionist-at-dcs-madame-tussauds/2012/02/07/gIQAxiKsvQ_story.html

alt: me neither HistoryBuff

daviss: I did a blog on a Henderson who was the next door neighbor of my grandmother in marshall

Seventies Soulchild: I may just blog about. :}

HistoryBuff: Seventies, tell me more about the upstate NY event. Please.

daviss: In fact when I went to Marshall several years ago, I talked to the grandson I did not know at the time about Ms Henderson until later

Seventies Soulchild: Its not an event, its an organization through the AME Zion church that completely supports this property that was willed to the church by Ms. Tubman

AYWalton: Good afternoon, all.

alt: Selma.. your information/posting is great in that it places UGRR activity here in the late 1830's & 1840's with AA involvement. Most of the UGRR stuff you read about is happening in the 1850's.

daviss: hello AYWalton!!!

AYWalton: howdy alt, daviss, HistoryBuff, Selma, SoulChile!!

HistoryBuff: Hey AYWalton. This huffington post link is a better article. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/08/dc-wax-museum-adds-harrie_0_n_1262516.html?ref=black-history-month

alt: Hello AYWalton, G'Day to ya.

Seventies Soulchild: Each AME Zion church pays dues to the organization for the upkeep. Chuck Schumer is/was instrumental in helping this to become a historic landmark. Last I heard it was still in the works.

AYWalton: on the phone talking with a woman in Pulaski Tenn.

Seventies Soulchild: hey AYWalton

daviss: oh tell her howdy lol lol

HistoryBuff: Good looking out Seventies. That sounds marvelous. Keep us posted please.

Selma: Afternoon AY

alt: Pulaski, TN... home of the KKK, right?

Seventies Soulchild: alt did you know about this group? Oh I need a hot lunch.

HistoryBuff: Sen. Chuck Sumer, Seventies?

Seventies Soulchild: Yes

alt: In NY State Seventies Soulchild?

Seventies Soulchild: Yes. Its part ofthe AME Zion church.

HistoryBuff: Oh okay, nice

alt: no Seventies Soulchild, I haven't.

AYWalton: I call it the seat of the 111th US Colored Infantry. and yes the Klan was created there.

Seventies Soulchild: ok

AYWalton: But a lady living in Pulaski (Black) is working on the history of the US Colored Infantries---110th and 111th.

HistoryBuff: The African MEthodist Episcopal (AME) Church. That's neat, AYWalton. :} Very nice to hear, AYWalton.

alt: okay AYWalton

Seventies Soulchild: ok I have to go get a hot bite to eat. I'll be back momentarily. Don't chat without me! :} :} :}

alt: AME & AME Zion ... two different denominations Seventies Soulchild

AYWalton: This lady is working on a project to document the history of the US Colored troops there.

Selma: AY...how would someone living in Yorktown VA enlist in the 54th Massachusetts Infantry in 1864?

AYWalton: Easy enough they were on their way down the coast. When in Viginian they enlisted local men.

Selma: OK The area the men were living was in Union Control

AYWalton: Many of the men in the 54th were enlisted in southern communities.

Selma: Thats what I told the person who asked..but I wanted to be sure

HistoryBuff: Any the huffington post link from earlier in the chat? Any=anybody

daviss: not understanding

alt: I saw something from the HP this morning on FB HistoryBuff

daviss: whoa wb

HistoryBuff: wb Selma.

Selma: Can't go to links from the computer I am using..always throws me out of the room

alt: Hi again Selma

HistoryBuff: I'll post it again, http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/08/dc-wax-museum-adds-harrie_0_n_1262516.html?ref=black-history-month I'm sorry to hear that Selma. Daviss, is there a wax musem in your vicinity?

daviss: no idea Hb

HistoryBuff: I was just thinking.

Selma: All that HEAT..the wax figures would melt.. lOL

alt: but it's a "dry heat" Selma LOL LOL

Selma: LOL

alt: or so they say LOL

daviss: lol lol

HistoryBuff: Nice Daviss. Of course the items would have to be stored and displayed in a temperature controlled environment.

daviss: still no post Selma

Selma: I will check again later on this afternoon daviss...I have seen that happen before

daviss: ok

alt: sounds like a 'do over' Selma... and this time click POST LOL LOL

Seventies Soulchild: ok back

HistoryBuff: Time for me to get back. It was good talking with you, good folks. Laters.

daviss: front

alt: oh, oh teasing Selma and I don't think it went over too well

AYWalton: The lady on the phone might connect me to my Ordway cousins, who are related to my Bass folks! so excited!

Seventies Soulchild: NICE!

Selma: No problem alt...I think you might be right..

alt: sounds exciting AYWalton

Selma: Thats great AY

daviss: good to hear AYWalton!

AYWalton: Having a good time on the phone with this lady---a former school principal.

alt: I've done that before Selma.. clicked Preview & thought I hit Post.

daviss: Did you already know her AYWalton or did someone refer her

alt: and wondered why the message wasn't posted

AYWalton: never heard of her, till Betty Craft wrote to me yesterday.

daviss: Or did she read one of your wonderful blogs

AYWalton: this lady is amazing!

Selma: Wow

AYWalton: she saw my blog yesterday. they are having a program in Giles County in June. (right after Samford!) I might have to go to Giles county on that Friday, Selma.

daviss: ahhhh sounds like a do

Selma: Yep..sounds like you just might.

Seventies Soulchild: If my memory serves me correctly Giles county is just outside of Huntsvilee (Madison Co) AL

AYWalton: It is southern Tennessee just north of Limestone County AL

Seventies Soulchild: I cannot type today! lol

daviss: Does this lady blog also AYWalton?

AYWalton: no she is 83 years old.

alt: ah so Limestone Co., AL .... Athens, AL

AYWalton: yes alt

ProfDru: hello gang

daviss: hello ProfDru

alt: Hi ProfDru

ProfDru: how is everyone?

Seventies Soulchild: Hi ProfDru

AYWalton: doing fine, ProfDru....

daviss: doing ok ProfDru

ProfDru: Things are buzzling with the hat program.

Selma: Afternoon Dru

daviss: good ProfDru

Seventies Soulchild: Oh good!

ProfDru: I am finalizing the program today--it will be printed on a church fan. the proof looks amazing.

Selma: We are going to have to call you the "Hat Lady"

alt: We have Yarbrough, Mason & Foy families from the Athens area of Limestone co. AL.

Seventies Soulchild: Lunch is over. Talk to you all sometime tomorrow.

alt: program on a fan... nice touch ProfDru

ProfDru: alt, we used one the photos you submitted for the program. check your email. other photo is from B. J.

daviss: There is a Foy listed in the book No Land Only Slaves alt

ProfDru: lol selma

alt: really daviss, from AL ??

daviss: born about 1826 place unk died in Brownsville Tx her name is Lydia Foy Cross

alt: okay daviss, thanks

Selma: Folks..I have to run..have a great day

AYWalton: I am still on the phone, and also have to run.

daviss: ok

vkn: howdy All

daviss: ProfDru are the fans being done by you?

alt: AYWalton, saw something yesterday I hadn't noticed before... Warrick Barrett and my common ancestor, Anderson Bridges, is listed in the 1850 census as a 34 y/o with his owner.. Ennis Champ.... Rick's grandfather was was named Ennis Champ Warrick.

daviss: hello vkn!!

alt: Oops, she's gone

daviss: she just left alt

alt: darn it!!!!

ProfDru: no, by cultural center

vkn: Howdy daviss

alt: 't type and look at the screen at the same time. LOL

vkn: lol

daviss: me either alt and I am slow lol

alt: hello vkn

vkn: hello

daviss: what is cultural center? Is that a printing service or are they footing the bill

vkn: hello alt daviss dru

daviss: hows it going vkn

vkn: s l o w l y

alt: got's to run y'all Laters

daviss: vkn, I just saw a video on the news from Atlanta.. terrible beating of a guy

vkn: niters to all yup bad video

18 Dec 2002 :: 1 Feb 2009
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy