Try a new Ancestry.com Membership!

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

Footnote.com

Note: Please follow the link(s) on the navigation bar below to search additional messages that have been archived to conserve space. If no link is visible, no messages have been archived on this board.

2012-01-16 Dr MLK,Jr day

*LunchBunch

Start: 11:58:37
End: 13:01:20
Chatters: alt, AYWalton, gsft, HistoryBuff, Khathu, ProfDru, Selma, Seventies Soulchild, vkn

alt: hi ... Happy MLK, Jr. Day Seventies soulchild

Seventies Soulchild: Hi alt. same to you. Keith Beauchamp advertised that his documentary on Emmitt Till will be on today on TVOne at 430EST

alt: enjoying your day off? okay thanks

Seventies Soulchild: No. Not really. I am helping the children with laundry. Then I have to do my hair, which will take at least 3 hrs.

alt: ah so.. good momma LOL

Seventies Soulchild: I did sleep in until 6 lol

alt: a bonus, huh? LOL

Seventies Soulchild: lol oh yea... lol welcome gsft

alt: hello gsft...

gsft: hello

alt: your user name isn't familiar.. first time with us?

gsft: in the lunch bunch. the second time on chat. first time was on saturday

Seventies Soulchild: brb

alt: okay gsft. don't think I made it Saturday 9:00 PM is a little late for me. welcome back & did you enjoy Saturday?

Seventies Soulchild: back. Ok gsft, welcome. What surnames and states are you researching? I'm researching primarily SW Mississippi (Adams and Wilkinson Counties) My main focus is on the Thompson-Galmore and Rounds-Washington families Hello Khathu

gsft: Yes, I enjoyed the short chat on saturday. Two of the folks were fellow 23andme members. Well, I'm just doing my entire line, nothing specific.

alt: hello Khathu Happy MLK Day

Khathu: Hello everyone

gsft: hello khathu

Seventies Soulchild: ok

alt: ah so, you've done 23andme? what States are you focusing on gsft?

gsft: Paternal (Randolph (VA) Diggs (Va) Roberts, Gray, Edenfield in GA. Various White fanilies in Orangeburg SC. Maternal Southall, Ligon, Ferguson in VA. Ishman, Mostella/Marstellar, Gains, Austin and Hinton in various states... Yes, I'm on 23andme and FTDNA

Seventies Soulchild: OK I see that we get quite a few VA researchers in here.

alt: Is Randolph a surname in VA you're researching?

gsft: Yes

alt: are you familiar with the Slaves of John Randolph who were freed in Charloote Co ca 1846 and migrated to Ohio?

gsft: I live in NY, what about you gyus?

alt: Charlotte 'm in Ohio

Khathu: Washington, DC here

gsft: John Randolph? No. I think my Ishman line might have some FPOC that went to Ohio. I'm looking at a John Ishman who lived in Ohio pre civil war. The last Randolph I have is named Stanford (1845-) he was in Virginia in 1870.

Seventies Soulchild: NY also

alt: okay on the Randolphh's... I research Ohio & FPOC .. any idea where your Ishman family may have been located... I'm not familiar with that surname.

gsft: He lived in Highland. There are some White dna cousins that live in the same area, but I have not made the papertrail connection. I'm not sure if it is there.

Seventies Soulchild: oh we lost alt. gsft, interesting. Do you think your family or part of it may be Melungeon?

alt: back , whew LOL

Seventies Soulchild: wb alt. Hello Selma

Selma: Good afternoon alt, gsft, Khathu and seventies

alt: Greenfield, in Highland Co. not too far from me...

gsft: Paternal side no? On my maternal side, I don't know. There is admixture, but none of the dna has shown Native American. Supposedly a few might be from Roanoke. I don't really know enough about those communities. hello selma

Seventies Soulchild: ok

alt: Hello Selma,,, how are you and the Lil Darlings?

Selma: We are doing fine..today is one of the little Darlin's B-Day..she is anxiously awaiting her CAKE

Khathu: Hello Selma

alt: Oops. my son from NJ just pulled up

Selma: Afternoon Khathu Tell him we said Hi alt gsft..who was in VA in 1870?

Seventies Soulchild: I guess alt will be leaving us again. :)

gsft: I was talking about one of the second ggf on my paternal side, stanford randolph, he is listed as being from south river, augusta

alt: gotta run y'all see ya tomorrow.

Selma: Bye alt.

Seventies Soulchild: I'm going to head out too. Bye all

gsft: bye

Selma: Looks like folks are running out..

Khathu: I'm next Selma

Selma: gsft..have you found him somewhere else

Khathu: tommorrow night

Selma: Thanks for giving us a heads up.. Oh well

gsft: only uptil 1900 in the same county, don't know what year he died probably between 1900 and 1910

Selma: How old was he in 1900

gsft: 55

Selma: Not sure if you will find a death record for that time frame 1896 to 1912 They pick back up in June 1912..I believe

gsft: yeah, i had a lady look up some death records in VA post 1912. Richmond should have records between 1896-1912, right? I'm hoping so for other lines on my moms side. where are you from?

Selma: Virginia begins keeping birth and death in 1853..continue until 1896 Then they stop for 16 years until 1912...when they pick up again

vkn: Howdy

gsft: hello vkn

Selma: The independent cities like Richmond, Lynchburg, Norfolk..etc..kept records for the 1896 to 1912 time frame.. Good afternoon vkn..

gsft: cool, i have family in those counties

Selma: Happy MLK day

AYWalton: good afternoon all.

gsft: hello

Selma: Good afternoon AyWalton

vkn: I am watching the service from Ebenezer

AYWalton: that's nice, vkn, it is being televised.

vkn: Happy MLK day back atcha

Selma: There is a Richmond County..but there is also a Richmond the City..they are not one and the same

AYWalton: howdy HistoryBuff

Selma: Good afternoon History Buff..Happy MLK Day

HistoryBuff: Hey AYWalton, Selma, Vkn, and gsft. Happy Holiday to all.

vkn: Yes and I am waiting in the community room waiting to do my MLK presentation ayw

Selma: You all just missed alt, Khathu and seventies

gsft: hello historybuff

vkn: Howdy History

HistoryBuff: I''m sorry I missed them. When does Alt's program begin?

gsft: selma, the records say Ricmond, Independeny city.

Selma: Yes.. As I said Richmond, Lynchburg, Norfolk etc..are independent cities

AYWalton: what will you be presenting vkn?

Selma: Are you giving the I Have A Dream Speech?

vkn: Lol The highlights of his life

Selma: I have to run folks...have a great day.

AYWalton: I just uploaded an MLK piece for my blog: myancestorsname.blogspot.com ProfDru is in the house!

ProfDru: hello gang

gsft: hello ProfDru

HistoryBuff: Hey ProfDru.

AYWalton: wassup ProfDru?

ProfDru: getting ready to go out to eat at a new restaurant

vkn: Good ayw I put the birthday greeting up as a reply to your photo post. Hope all will respond

AYWalton: hope all is well in NewportNews. sounds nice.

ProfDru: just cold, but all is well

vkn: The preacher is doing a great job

AYWalton: who is the preacher, vkn?

ProfDru: wassup with you, angela?

AYWalton: not a lot new, just staying busy. when is your hat presentation?

ProfDru: feb. 18th

AYWalton: if anyone is planning to go to Samford, registration is tomorrow.

ProfDru: yall have fun in samford

AYWalton: Howdy alt!!!!

vkn: The pastor of Ebenezer introduced by rev Bernice

alt: back for a minute

gsft: AYWalton, nice site, I listen to your podcast

ProfDru: angela, can you send the hat photo today?

AYWalton: yes

ProfDru: I've received some beautiful old hat photos from several people.

vkn: Comparing Obama to Nehemiah

alt: vkn, AYWalton .. y'all got the newsletter

ProfDru: Becayse if space limitations, I have to break up my hat program activities into several rooms--participants will move in groups from room to room.

AYWalton: the newsletter, alt?

alt: AAGGMV Newlsetter

HistoryBuff: Hey there Alt. I was multi-tasking.

vkn: Yes alt I got it not read as yet

ProfDru: I need to work on getting my hat program outfit together today so I won't have to worry about it next month when I get busy. looking a wearing one of granny's outfits and hat. Well I gotta run now.

HistoryBuff: Cya

ProfDru: have a good program vkn

vkn: Running

HistoryBuff: wb AY

AYWalton: I guess that was my signal to get up and do something as well away from the computer.

HistoryBuff: Cya Vkn

AYWalton: Hope you all have a good MLK Day. Do something to honor Dr. King, today. Have a good one, folks.

18 Dec 2002 :: 1 Feb 2009
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy