Try a new Ancestry.com Membership!

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

Footnote.com

Note: Please follow the link(s) on the navigation bar below to search additional messages that have been archived to conserve space. If no link is visible, no messages have been archived on this board.

2011-12-12 This n That

*LunchBunch

Start: 12:07:49
End: 13:03:11
Chatters: Atlanta, AYWalton, bbenn, Daviss, Seventies Soulchild

bbenn: Hello Seventies Soulchild

Seventies Soulchild: hi bbenn hello Daviss

Daviss: hello bbenn and seventies

bbenn: Hello Daviss

Daviss: glad you are here bbenn..quick question for Calendar you have Aaron for part 2 on the 29th but there is also something that says the 30th

Seventies Soulchild: brb ladies

bbenn: The show is on the 29th.

Daviss: ok, the I will change it

bbenn: Thank you:}

Daviss: my email addy is davissmitchell@ afrigeneas if you need it

bbenn: The African American SIG is looking at the Lowcountry website and finding great information! Frank said hello with a big laugh:}

Daviss: oh yes, they do have good info on Lowcountry lol and hello to frank have you tried to get Carrier for your show? wb seventies

Seventies Soulchild: thanks.

bbenn: Good suggestion...she is next on my contact list. Seventies, interested in coming on the show?

Daviss: SC records for sure bbenn

Seventies Soulchild: The only presentation that I have is on my CW ancestor Benjamin Thompson.

bbenn: Daviss, I sent you an email message last night and it came back. Seventies - let's talk offline.

Seventies Soulchild: ok send me an e-mail seventiessoulchild@yahoo.com

Daviss: scroll back bbenn, that is the correct email addy davissmitchell@afrigeneas.net seventies how are you today

bbenn: Looks like the correct email address I used.

Daviss: I think you had vickydavis lol' brb : vickydavissmitchell@afrigeneas.net that is what you had..

bbenn: ok, I will make certain that I use the correct email address from now on. Thanks

Seventies Soulchild: brb talking about genealogy... lol

Daviss: you are welcome bbenn.

bbenn: Brickwall issue - Charles Henry Dunn born around 1857 in Charleston, SC.

Daviss: tell whoever you are talking to seventies soulchild to join us lol Is Dunn your ancestor bbenn/

bbenn: Married to a Julia Perkins who later married Charles Dunn. Charles is related to Angela- one of the AA SIG members. He is her great great grandfather.

Daviss: where have you found them?

bbenn: Angela has to leave and will send a message to the chat next week.

Daviss: oh ok also, has she posted on the forum at all?

bbenn: Yes, Angela has posted before and the entire group has attempted to help her.

Daviss: oh my, the ole attempted dilemma

Seventies Soulchild: ok... lol back doggone, its 1230 already! lol

bbenn: yes, this is a challenge for the group. we try to help each other and can usually get results with our collective thinking..this one is not easy.

Daviss: I suppose Angela posted on Low Country also

bbenn: No, she has not posted on Low Country.

Seventies Soulchild: My slave ancestors in Alabama trace back to South Carolina. but I swear I'm too lazy to do the research right now.. lol

Daviss: mabe she should also put something there.. You never know

bbenn: She has his death certificate in 1909; 1900 and 1880 census. That's it...paper trail is slim pickings.

Daviss: where in SC

bbenn: She is going to post something and says Thank you!

Seventies Soulchild: My understanding is that SC was devastated by the Union Army and many records were destroyed. Pre Civil War documents.

bbenn: I am doing a lot of my personal searching in old newspapers. Found my gggrandfather in the newspaper in 1909 and another in 1907.

Daviss: have you looked into the slave inventories for SC seventies great bbenn..and what paper is that. I am researching in Texas

Seventies Soulchild: No I hadn't Daviss. But I need to get the connection to the family in AL first. I'm only going based on census data.

bbenn: Yes, she has looked in the inventories and did not find anything.

Seventies Soulchild: This is that Mixon line I mentioned a while back. I suspect came from SC.

bbenn: Times Picayune for the 1909 and the Edgefield paper for SC.

Daviss: Louisiana huh bbenn

bbenn: Yes, great information in Louisiana. Found obits for a lot of folks

Daviss: great!! mabe I should revisit the times. Shreveport is so close to Texas that they just might be tripping there rather to my part of texas

Seventies Soulchild: Where is everyone??

bbenn: That's a good idea. We can access old newspaper at the FHC and I like to encourage the SIG to check old newspapers when they hit a brickwall.

Daviss: checking my pockets now seventies lol lol

Seventies Soulchild: lol lol lol

Daviss: Do you have any Lesters in your line bbenn?

Seventies Soulchild: oopps some people must be coming... lol

Daviss: you hit it seventies

Seventies Soulchild: ha!

AYWalton: Greetings,k Daviss and SoulChile! How ar eyou both today?

Daviss: hello AYWalton!!

Seventies Soulchild: Hello AYWalton!

AYWalton: small group today, I see!

Seventies Soulchild: Hey bbenn

AYWalton: greetings, bbenn!!

Daviss: lol AYWalton its mine that should be ignored wb bbenn

bbenn: Sorry, i hit the wrong button

Daviss: seventies and I was thinking that AYWalton booted you out lol

AYWalton: Bbenn, I located the CD! Finally! I thought I had buried it, but had not. too many papers around.

bbenn: Hi AyWalton

AYWalton: I need to be organized better!

Seventies Soulchild: How long do we have to submit our 23andme DNA test?

AYWalton: hope you are well. not sure, SoulChile, do you have your kit? I understand they are not sending out many of them right now.

bbenn: AYWalton - I am in your area later today

Daviss: not sending out any now

AYWalton: they may be close to their quota perhaps.

Seventies Soulchild: Yes have the kit.... But waiting until I go to D.C. to mail it off. Can't send from NY

Daviss: mabe they need to get more results out before they reopen

AYWalton: perhaps so, Daviss. and 3 weeks later---the results were in. their turn around time was quick.

bbenn: The results are coming in quickly. Less the 6 weeks.

AYWalton: quite true.

Daviss: I still have one that I need to get used. The culprit changed his mind so I need to find someone else

Seventies Soulchild: lol Yea Daviss, same here.

bbenn: Daviss, I am still encountering individuals who are afraid to submit their samples.

AYWalton: I got an email from one of my DNA relative cousins and she is related to the Henrietta Lacks line!

Daviss: the fear of the unknown

bbenn: Folks are actual afraid of identity theft and loss of privacy.

Seventies Soulchild: I made sure that I entered that I do not want the company to hold the DNA

AYWalton: I know.

Daviss: hello Atlanta!

Seventies Soulchild: That was my MAIN concern. I don't want any Henrietta Lacks type of situation.

Atlanta: howdy all

Seventies Soulchild: Hi Atlanta

AYWalton: I really don't care who knows that I get sweaty outdoors or that I have a high sensitivity to bitter tastes! That won't benefit anyone---even me.

bbenn: Hi Atlanta

AYWalton: Greetings, Atlanta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Atlanta: back atcha ayw !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AYWalton: Hope you are well, today. Just sent you email a few moments ago. So mail your document, Soul SoulChile. They don't have a postmark scrutiny team examining envelopes.

bbenn: They want the sample...

AYWalton: Besides they could end up eliminating someone who took the test in Connecticut and mailed it from NY because they work in NYC. They are not going to throw the sample away.

Seventies Soulchild: I need to get the tests to my folks in MS

AYWalton: Once opened, I am sure the envelope goes into the trash. When a large mailing campaign comes in the only folks interested in the envelopes are stamp collectors.

bbenn: I just hope that they have another round of free test.

AYWalton: (except of course once when we thought the Unibomber sent a letter to our office at work!) (we had the drug sniffing dogs come in---but that's another story!)

bbenn: bye folks, I need to shut down the center. Have a great day!

Seventies Soulchild: Ok I need to skeedaddle too... Thanks for the update AYWalton. Have a good afternoon all.

Atlanta: just picked up mail from last week

AYWalton: Oh I see. Not a bad strategy!

Daviss: dang Atlanta you must have a bag like santa Atlanta Claus

Atlanta: yes santa is barbara lol lol

AYWalton: that's cute!!!!

Atlanta: local fed cems are laying wreaths ox xmas here today

AYWalton: yes they are doing it all over the country.

Atlanta: is that national i see

Daviss: yes its national

AYWalton: they have done it in Arkansas, in DC, and lots of newspapers are covering it all over the country.

Atlanta: gotcha

Daviss: They did it here yesterday

AYWalton: I saw the Arkansas Cemetery where my parents are buried. They got theirs over the weekend.

Atlanta: who is the female on the chew

AYWalton: the female where?

Daviss: huh

Atlanta: the chew an abc news program

Daviss: never heard of that Atlanta

AYWalton: I have no idea. Have not seen it. Keep TV off most of the time. Get my news mostly from CNN web page. really? I have no idea of even the program.

Atlanta: Good to keep it off

AYWalton: she has two daughters and two sons, I think.

Daviss: She has a couple of daughters

Atlanta: I will explore and post

AYWalton: I have no idea actually.

Atlanta: see y'all later

AYWalton: have a good one folks.

Daviss: one on new TV program . a comedy I think

18 Dec 2002 :: 1 Feb 2009
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy