Try a new Ancestry.com Membership!

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

Footnote.com

Note: Please follow the link(s) on the navigation bar below to search additional messages that have been archived to conserve space. If no link is visible, no messages have been archived on this board.

2011-11-01 TuesNite Chat

** Chats Lobby

Start: 21:09:57
End: 21:09:57
Chatters: msD

msD: anybody here?

*SatNiteChat

Start: 21:10:57
End: 21:12:07
Chatters: msD, Seventies Soulchild

msD: Hello

Seventies Soulchild: Hi di, we are in TuesNite chat... come join us!

msD: Hello Seventies

*TuesNite

Start: 20:58:10
End: 21:49:30
Chatters: Davisss, deannie, HistoryBuff, Khathu, msD, Selma, Seventies Soulchild

Seventies Soulchild: Hey Khathu

Khathu: Hello Seventies

Seventies Soulchild: How are you tonight?

Khathu: Tired

Seventies Soulchild: Hard day at work?

Khathu: I'll be in NYC tomorrow night through Friday for my cousin's funeral

Seventies Soulchild: Sorry to hear that. Drive safely. Most of the snow is melted.

Khathu: hard day at work and a killer session with the trainer it snowed in NYC

Seventies Soulchild: yes on Saturday.

Khathu: so I need to wear my Tims

Seventies Soulchild: no.. it should be all cleared up by now.

Khathu: okay

Seventies Soulchild: Where will the funeral be? In Manhattan or another borough?

Khathu: Most likely in Brooklyn

Seventies Soulchild: ok on Atlantic Ave I bet.

Khathu: I am catching the Mega Bus

Seventies Soulchild: I heard the mega bus was like $5!

Khathu: So I should get to NYC around 9 or 10 that is one of those frequent miles or user thing

Seventies Soulchild: ok

Khathu: it is still cheap $13-$16 one way

Seventies Soulchild: that is very cheap. Hmmmm I may have to look into that. do they have a website?

Khathu: megabus.com, i think

Khathu: have you gotten your result back from 23andMe

Seventies Soulchild: No.. They just e-mailed me this morning to let me know that my package was mailed out. I guess I'll be getting it either later this week or next week. I will have to mail the test outside of NY state.

Khathu: okay, i got the same email. i thought you had used them before

Seventies Soulchild: I'm going to mail it to my granddaddy and some other family members. and have them send it back.

Khathu: why is that? they ran out of kits

Seventies Soulchild: NY state doesn't allow them to do the medical testing because they are basically not licensed to do so in NYS

Khathu: my mother tried to obtain a free yesterday and they were charging $99

Seventies Soulchild: really???

Khathu: yeah...go to the site and check it out

Seventies Soulchild: Well I'll tell you what, if I don't use all my kits I'll send it off to your mom. Did someone just come into the chat.

Khathu: thank you! in exchange i will be your driver when you come down to DC if they did they into another room

Seventies Soulchild: Ok... It was di... I think she chose the wrong room. brb I don't think I'll be using all my kits.

Khathu: good evening msD

Seventies Soulchild: Hey msD... sorry I type the wrong name.

msD: Evening

Khathu: thanks seventies

msD: I went to the wrong room

Seventies Soulchild: So I'm considering doing African Ancestry again.

Khathu: Really? Why is that? How much do they charge? MsD is this your first time in chat?

Seventies Soulchild: Well I want specific data. I am still confused with the haplogroup thing. Its too much for the people I'll be dealing with. I'm waiting for the holiday specials Khathu

msD: No, but I haven't been here to often

Khathu: okay, well welcome back

msD: Thanks

Khathu: any new research findings or brickwalls?

msD: I've just been updating

Seventies Soulchild: hello deannie

deannie: evening

Khathu: hello deannie

msD: hi deanie

deannie: I was checking out some new things on Family search...some tax things. From mississippi

Seventies Soulchild: I LOVE the MS tax records. especially the older ones. It gives good information. lol Ok I mean the later ones. It shows where the people lived and worked. its a good substitute for the census. Did they have any for Jefferson Co.?

deannie: I just started the one's I looking at today is from 1866 Claiborne county,MS

Seventies Soulchild: brb

deannie: Jefferson county is also one of my county

msD: Hi Selma

Selma: Good evening everyone..

deannie: Hi Selma

Selma: Evening History Buff

deannie: My name for Jefferson county...TYLER, WESBTER.....

Khathu: Hello Selma and HistoryBuff

msD: hi history buff

HistoryBuff: Hey Selma, Deannie, Khathu, msD and Seventies.

deannie: Hi HistoryBuff

HistoryBuff: Hey Daviss

Selma: Seems as if family seach has made all the Mississippi researchers happy Evening Daviss

msD: hi Davisss

HistoryBuff: How so, Selma?

deannie: Hi Daviss

Davisss: hello HistoryBuff, Selma and msD

deannie: ditto

Davisss: hello deannie and seventies lol

Selma: they have uploaded a number of new Mississippi records..

deannie: It a lot of help....'

Davisss: oh and hi there khathu!

msD: It's about time they did something for MS

HistoryBuff: That's good. How is it helpful to a beginning researcher?

Khathu: Hello Daviss

Davisss: did they have any birth records in Ms

Khathu: Thanks again for the link to 23andMe I ordered just in time to get the free kit

Seventies Soulchild: Hi Daviss, HistoryBuff

Khathu: Daviss were you able to get the files from dropbox?

Davisss: good for you khathu

deannie: Not until after 1912...and black my not have been included

Davisss: yes Khathu, I thought I had told you thanks so much I really appreciate you

Khathu: You mentioned that you would try once you got back from the conference.

HistoryBuff: Kudos to you Khathu for getting in on the DNA free kit. I keep getting distracted from other demands.

Davisss: ahhhh well again I will say thanks much

Seventies Soulchild: Daviss, they don't have any birth certificates online for the MS records on family search hey Selma

Davisss: Khathu did you order two kits?

Selma: Hey seventies

Davisss: thx seventies

msD: I need death records from MS

Seventies Soulchild: LOL so funny I was intending on calling my aunt tonight about this DNA test and she ended up calling me

Khathu: I ordered one and then entered my grandmother's info and email

HistoryBuff: Where there any records of membership to associations, society's or any other groups.

Davisss: is she a yes auntie seventies

Seventies Soulchild: You will have to write for those msD... and it ain't cheap IMO

HistoryBuff: Good timing, Seventies. lol

Khathu: Yes, they have applications for the Daughters of the Republic of Texas applications

msD: Good ole Mississippi

Seventies Soulchild: LOL she's an oh h3ll no auntie!

HistoryBuff: Yep Ole Miss!

Davisss: :o

Seventies Soulchild: She's calmed down over the years though. Thank goodness! lol Naw, I was asking about how to approach my grandfather for the dna test.

Davisss: did she calm down enough to give a sample lol oh ok I forgot about gramps

Seventies Soulchild: She doesn't need to give me a sample. We've already gotten the lineage from me. She's my mother's sister

deannie: Has another tried Linda Rudd for MS death cert...she only charges $5.00

Seventies Soulchild: When I write the MDAH, I make sure that I listed a whole lot of people.

msD: Deannie, Remind me to get that info from you

deannie: That what I heard about MDAH

HistoryBuff: A 1st cousin and I have some research interests in Mississippi. I need to get her to write down for me which geographic areas in MS she's researching. In fact we can exchange info. She visited MS last year about this time and get to meet and stay with some relatives on her father's side of the family.

msD: Where are you researching in MS

Davisss: good for your cousin HB

HistoryBuff: I would love to see any of the early 20th century college yearbooks for Alcorn State U.

Khathu: good everyone

Seventies Soulchild: Uh oh did you say Alcorn State U??

HistoryBuff: CYa Khathu

Davisss: oh yeah HB that would be nice

Seventies Soulchild: :) that's my mom's and many of my family member's alma mater But I don't know if they have any yearbooks. :)

HistoryBuff: Yes I did. A paternal great aunt, sister to my paternal grandmother is said to be an alumnae.

Seventies Soulchild: I have a year book from 1990-91, but I'm not in it.

HistoryBuff: Wow. That's very interesting, Seventies! I don't know of any current family members who attended. Perhaps, that 's a good lead also.

Seventies Soulchild: I actually met family members while attending. I have a few relatives who are attending right now. Daviss Iris' daughter just started this year.

HistoryBuff: Have you seen copies of any of their diplomas or academic records, Seventies?

Seventies Soulchild: My mom's and aun'ts diplomas. Alcorn State is our family school. My mom's family. Selma College and Tuskegee are my dad's family alma mater

Davisss: deannie i sent alt your email, thx loads

HistoryBuff: That's fantastic Seventies. I hope you have copies among your family artifacts. I just finally seen photographs of my great aunt, last year.

Seventies Soulchild: Who had her photos?

deannie: Thanks davisss...I just learnning to send things.....

Seventies Soulchild: lol

Davisss: you did good my friend

Seventies Soulchild: It'll get easier as time goes on. Any other good news?

HistoryBuff: Seventies, you could most likely provide a presentation of ancestry academic institutional history. That sounds very promising to augment HBCU history. :}

Davisss: well nite my friends

Seventies Soulchild: lol HistoryBuff... I would love to, BUT busy working on the James Galmore mystery.

HistoryBuff: What do you think about that, Sevenites?

Seventies Soulchild: Its something that I'll file away in my mind. :}

HistoryBuff: Well perhaps you could add that project to your wish list for collaboration with other family members.

Selma: Have to run folks... long day..have a good evening

HistoryBuff: ...You know down the road. Bye Selma.

Seventies Soulchild: I guess its just us MS folks left on here... lol

HistoryBuff: Ole Miss! :D

Seventies Soulchild: lol Ok well I guess I'd better head off too. I have had a long day as well. Have a good night.

HistoryBuff: Nite Seventies.

msD: Nite

deannie: what happen

msD: Seventies just left I better go get ready for tomorrow. Nite

HistoryBuff: I've gotten as far as obtaining census records for MS. I need to see marriage records and death records. Ok Deannie I'll turn off the lights. Have a good evening.

deannie: nite

18 Dec 2002 :: 1 Feb 2009
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy