Try a new Ancestry.com Membership!

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

Footnote.com

Note: Please follow the link(s) on the navigation bar below to search additional messages that have been archived to conserve space. If no link is visible, no messages have been archived on this board.

2010-06-05

* SatNiteChat

Start: 21:03:29
End: 22:42:16
Chatters: 3rdthawkins, alt, AmosNY, AYWalton, deannie, Ingrid_Doweary, jhonora, Khathu, Selma, seraph1959, Seventies Soulchild, Spivey, vicky, vkn

vicky: hi there deannie sup Spivey

Spivey: Good evening ladies.

vicky: Spivey, is your dad william or will

Spivey: Glad I got here early. Miss Vicky, I don't have a problem exactly, but could use your help.

vicky: glad to if I can

Spivey: My father is Wiley Spivey of Macon, Bibb Georgia.

vicky: reason I asked, I helped this lady on the board who is researching Ga just above her folks was a Will Spivey I was curious

Spivey: There may be a William in there somewhere. Let me check my files. Hold on a second.

vicky: ok now how can I help you

Spivey: I do have a William Spivey Miss Vicky. Son of Charles Spivey.

vicky: this is the link to the post http://www.afrigeneas.com/forumc/index.cgi?page=1;md=read;id=32480 you can read later if you wish how can I help you Spivey

Spivey: That's talking about a Tyler family Miss Vicky. Is the reference to William Spivey somewhere in the thread?

vicky: yes but that when I found that record on the census I noticed a Spivey about one or two houses up no but I thought I would check with you

Spivey: Ah, okay. I will check out the thread.

vicky: do you have ancestry

Spivey: At least the census record. May be my William Spivey. Thanks. Yes I do.

vicky: yes it may be ok

Spivey: Do you remember me talking about the 89-year-old relation whom I recently talked to?

vicky: l think so

deannie: good evening everyone....I do not have my glasses...so if I miss a word or two forgive me....

vicky: lol deannie, no prob Did you talk to your relation Spivey

Spivey: Well, one of my family surnames is Kelsey and she is descended from Alice Kelsey a great aunt or aunt of my maternal grandmother's. She said Alice Kelsey was married to Charles 'Fess' Bynes. She remembers calling him 'Uncle Fess'. Well, the census records show that Alice was married to Fess' brother, Chester Arthur Bynes. We agree on four of the five children I have listed, but she also disagrees that there was a 5th child born to Alice Kelseky. I sent her a printout of a family chart I did on Alice Kelsey [this lady does not have a computer or e-mail]. I just want to know how to answer when she questions me about why I did not change the name of Alice Kelsey's husband from Chester Arthur Bynes to Charles Fess Bynes. :(

AYWalton: Good evening all. Hello deannie, spivey. Howdy Ms. Vicky!

deannie: Hi Angela

vicky: why dont you copy the census and send to her as well Spivey

Spivey: Hello AYWalton and deannie. Never thought of that, Miss Vicky! LOL.

vicky: That way she can see for herself, even though she still may disagree lol Heyyy AYWalton

Spivey: She sounds like she will. LOL.

AYWalton: wassup Ms. Vicky?

vicky: this dog-gone heat AY!

AYWalton: hey hey hey, it's honoray!!!! greetings jhonora!

alt: good evening ladies & gentleman

Spivey: Hello Alt and Jhonora.

AYWalton: howdy alt, I did not see you slip in the room. You must have come through the side door.

vicky: Is she asks you to change your record, you can always put it in your notes with the citation lol

jhonora: Hey AYWalton, alt, Spivey, deannie, vicky

deannie: Hi Alt and Jhonora

vicky: hello alt and jhonora had you seen the article I sent you already AYWalton?

AYWalton: which article was that vicky? did you send it today?

alt: was catching up to the conversation

vicky: I think I sent it last night. It was the Lewis girl the one about the oil in Okla whats up alt?

jhonora: I'm a member of the Soc. of Amer. Archivists list-serve. One archivists started a disc. by saying the word "slaves" should not be used in archival cataloging, exhibits, or public history presentations.

vicky: I see 3rd is sure using the colors in his post lol

alt: not much.. did hear from Paul Heniegg about the Rev War post on the Military Forum... He found a couple of pension apllications on folks he has on his site that he hadn't seen before.... made my day LOL

vicky: they are getting that caca from this mess that may have started in az jhonora and filtering thru Texas

alt: what would the term be jhonora .. enslaved persons ?

jhonora: this person was sincere, saying that slavery was enough but to be continually called one more than a century later is unecessary.

vicky: did others agree

alt: I don't understand that logic jhonora

jhonora: He argued for something closer to the standard term for free black, eg."free people of color" = "enslaved people of color"

vicky: hi 3rd

alt: okay jhonora

jhonora: Acc. to him, a more humane or sensitive terminology

3rdthawkins: hello everyone

Spivey: Hi 3rdthawkins.

vicky: I was just looking at your post 3rd

vkn: Howdy doody to each and all

AYWalton: I hear that discussion often, and find it usually among people who do not do research. They are still battling for identity, IMHO. Enslaved, slave, en-chained, they were still not free and I want access to the records whichever way they are catalogued.

3rdthawkins: vicky, lol Yes I am using the colors lol

vicky: hello vkn!

Spivey: Hi Miss Vee.

alt: what is it in the 'singular'? person of color & person of enslavement.

AYWalton: Vicky I did get the email, thanks so much!! Greetings VKN!!!!!!!!

alt: helo vkn

jhonora: I argued that eliminating the words "slaves" and "slavery" is softening the blow for America and its collective memory. Just like those genteel plantations and hist. homes who reference "the servants," why be Victorian with slavery?

vicky: did you have knowledge of her AYWalton.

3rdthawkins: vicky and vkn I loved that, I coded everything lol, only problem, when writing such a long post, it takes even longer to get through with it all......but I love it, great idea

AYWalton: I know that there are several children who had the same situation---but her name was not one I had before.

alt: no that I agree with jhonora

AYWalton: most were exploited and Sarah Rector was the only one who kept her wealth.

vicky: lol 3rd it stands out for sure

vkn: thanx

3rdthawkins: lol vicky

Spivey: May I see what color you all are discussing 3rdthawkins? Would you post the URL for it?

vicky: http://www.afrigeneas.com/forumc/index.cgi?page=1;md=read;id=32495 there you go

3rdthawkins: oh, thx vicky I don't mind anyway, anything to get someone to look at it and read it, perhaps can help out :) lol hello Khathu

Khathu: Hello everyone

Spivey: Hello Khathu.

vicky: All of a sudden folks want to soften or eliminate the facts jhonora IMHO

alt: hello Khathu

vicky: Hi Khathu

AYWalton: I agree jhonora---and softening it does not erase it for what it was.

deannie: ditto

AYWalton: you are boucing around, huh jhonora?

vicky: What was the consensus of the others in the room jhonora?

jhonora: It was that archivists' jobs are to preserve and made records and artifacts available. We record "as is," and leave a lot of interpretation to historians.

AYWalton: Also what is the listserv? Sounds like it might be a good one to follow.

alt: that sounds resaonable jhonora ...... archivist should perserve 'as is' and not be revisionist

3rdthawkins: hello Amos

AmosNY: Hi everyone

alt: I was once told that there was no difference between 'involuntary' & 'indenture' as it relates to servitude... can ou believe that?

AYWalton: amazing the things that people say.

alt: Hello AmosNY

Spivey: Hi AmosNY. Good to see you again.

Khathu: Hello Selma and Amos

Selma: Good Saturday evening folks

AmosNY: Hi Spivey,alt,Angela,deannie,jhonora,Khathu,S

jhonora: The listserve is "Archives & Archivists" Go to archives.org and look under Archives Profession.

AmosNY: Selma hi

jhonora: Evening Selma, thanks for the article.

alt: this was in reference to the Northwest Territory where 'involuntary servitude' was illegal... in other words NO Slavery!!!

AmosNY: Hi Vicky,vkn!

alt: Hello Selma

vicky: hello AmosNy and Selma!

Seventies Soulchild: Good evening y'all

3rdthawkins: hello Seventeis

alt: hello Seventies Soulchild

AmosNY: Hi Soulchild!

jhonora: Evening Seventies

Spivey: I made a discovery on Family Search~Record Search. I found my mother's maternal uncle's marriage record there, but only after I resorted to including partial search in my criteria. Did not come up all until then.

AYWalton: Howdy Ms. Selma, hey SoulChile.

Khathu: Wasup Seventies!

vicky: good for you Spivey!

Seventies Soulchild: 3rdthawkins, alt, AmosNY, AYWalton, deannie, jhonora, Khathu, Selma, Spivey vicky vkn.... whew! lol

vicky: hello Seventies

3rdthawkins: that's great Spivey sometimes it comes to that though

AmosNY: LOL LOL

Spivey: The odd thing is, Miss Vicky, there was no difference in the spellings of the names.

Selma: Any of those names familiar jhonora?

Spivey: Seventies Soulchild \, hello!

Seventies Soulchild: Wassup Khathu?

jhonora: The second one is, I'm asking around. I think he may have become a policeman after the war.

Khathu: Nothin much...just chillin..... lol

vicky: it is odd but whatever it takes lol

Seventies Soulchild: It is storming like mad here. . . finally we hit under 80 degrees! lol

Khathu: nice

Spivey: Didn't mean to slash you, Seventies Soulchild. :?

Selma: I can mail you the article if you like it has a picture of the 3 of them..its not that clear

Seventies Soulchild: no problem Spivey. We all have typos.

AmosNY: I have 81 here.

Seventies Soulchild: What's the topic tonight?

jhonora: That would be great, selma.

Seventies Soulchild: 72 here AmosNY

3rdthawkins: It is very hard to decipher how to search on FamilySearch Spivey........I can put in Comin and it will give me Comins Coming and Comings......but if I put in something harder, I have to close my eyes and hope for the best

Seventies Soulchild: hey seraph1959

seraph1959: Hello folks

AYWalton: hello seraph1959.

Seventies Soulchild: hi Ingrid_Doweary

AYWalton: welcome Ingrid_Doweary.

Khathu: Hello seraph1959 and Ingrid

Spivey: 3rdthawkins, like I said, though, there was no difference in the name spelling or dates. I don't know why I had to include partial matches, but I will every time now.

3rdthawkins: hello seraph1959.........it feels like old times with seraph, AY vicky, and vkn here...........only if we can get E. T. back

AmosNY: I will be placing pictures from my trip to the African Burial Ground on my Facebook page.

seraph1959: :-)

3rdthawkins: oops, forgot to add Spivey

Seventies Soulchild: Yeah where is E.T. these days???

vkn: seraph school must be out

Spivey: seraph1959 how are you?

alt: doesn't Family Search have a check for "exact " then exact & near or sumpin' like that?

seraph1959: yes !!! school is out for SUMMER!!!!!

Khathu: yes they do alt

3rdthawkins: they do alt, but doesn't really help

Selma: LOL

seraph1959: I am well and you Spivey

Seventies Soulchild: What are your plans this summer seraph1959? research? lol

Khathu: it has been of great assistance to me

Spivey: Yes alt and I chose three of the four. I had to include partial as well before I came up with a result.

Selma: Can't tell who is happier YOU or the Kids

alt: oh, there is a huge difference on the hits you get 3rdthawkins

vkn: lol @ Selma

Ingrid_Doweary: Hello Ay, Seventies, 3rd, Alt, Amos, Deannie, Jhonora,Selma, Khathu, Seraph,Spivey, Vicky and Vkn

seraph1959: I will be in the Austin area for about a week so I hope the archives are available ..they are doing some remodeling

Spivey: I am doing fine seraph1959. Thanks for asking.

Khathu: seraph1959 i did not know you are a teacher

Spivey: Hi Ingrid_Doweary.

alt: Hi seraph1959 & Ingrid_Doweary

seraph1959: khathu and vicky ya'll have any Tx requests?

3rdthawkins: ok, I try to use it, but I guess I have to take the time to understand it, but I love ancestry's wildcard idea, which HQ had anytyhing remotely like Ancestry or FamilySearch

vicky: seraph1959 and Ingrid_Doweary hello there!

Khathu: what do you mean by Tx request?

3rdthawkins: which-wish

seraph1959: I work in the school system as a speech therapist khathu

Seventies Soulchild: HQ has soundex....

Khathu: okay....well i am in education as well

seraph1959: I'll be in Austin for a week at the archive

3rdthawkins: I guess that excludes ME

AmosNY: Hi Seraph,Ingrid!

Khathu: i work with school boards

alt: right 3rdthawkins .. I wish Family Search had 'wildcard"

seraph1959: come straightened out H-towns board ...they have lost their minds :-)

Khathu: now the wildcard on ancestry has not worked for me

Seventies Soulchild: I get pretty good hits on family search pilot

Khathu: i wish i could

Seventies Soulchild: That's what I was saying the last time this topic came up Khathu

Spivey: That's the one I used Seventies Soulchild.

alt: I love me some wild card Khathu

Khathu: about school boards or wildcard

Seventies Soulchild: Ancestry could use some soundex IMO

alt: me... wild card LOL

Seventies Soulchild: lol alt yes you are a 'wild card' lol

alt: ancestry has soundex Seventies Soulchild

Khathu: ancestry need a better search engine they need the traditional soundex

Seventies Soulchild: I haven't been able to locate it yet. I usually go to HQ when I get a chance at work.

alt: are y'all using the advanced searches on ancestry? they are among the best in the market.

Seventies Soulchild: Yes I do. . . But IMO its a bit too specific

3rdthawkins: just checked out the soundex on familysearch pilot for Payson in S.C., I don't like what I see

Seventies Soulchild: kinda cancels out the wildcard thing

alt: where you use given names, relationships, ages, etc.

Khathu: i do not like using ancestry for census searches

3rdthawkins: oops, I DO like

Khathu: i hate it

Spivey: If anyone is researching in Georgia, I recommend the Georgia Virtual Vault. http://content.sos.state.ga.us/cdm4/gadeaths.phphttp://content.sos.state.ga.us/cdm4/gadeaths.phphttp://content.sos.state.ga.us/cdm4/gadeaths.phphttp://content.sos.state.ga.us/cdm4/gadeaths.phphttp://content.sos.state.ga.us/cdm4/gadeaths.phphttp://content.sos.state.ga.us/cdm4/gadeaths.phphttp://content.sos.state.ga.us/cdm4

alt: WOW Khathu ..... do you use the 'old' search or the 'new' search on aancestry?

Seventies Soulchild: I do like the city directory searches though.

vicky: does it cover 1956 spivey

Seventies Soulchild: Helped me find some decendants up through the 1950's

3rdthawkins: I keep seeing GA pop up in my research, along with Ala and MS, but I just can't get to those starts.....but Slavery has a LOT to do with that

Spivey: If you enter a name, it will give you any incidence of that name appearing in a record. I found ancestors by names of informants on death certificates.

Khathu: i just prefer the microfilm

AYWalton: I urge people to still use microfilm even when they use Ancestry.

3rdthawkins: Yes Spivey, I searched for Payson, and getting Peason, Peson, Pison....COOL VERY COOL11

Khathu: the quality is better on microfilm

AYWalton: for beginners I strongly recommend it, so they will know how the census is actually structured.

vicky: Is that as far as it goes seventies

Khathu: imho

AYWalton: quite true, khathu.

deannie: I need help with the city dicectory I am unable to find the city that would have small towns in Mississippi

AYWalton: wb jhonora.

seraph1959: Has anyone found a source for blank agriculture census records?

AYWalton: not all towns had directories---especially the country towns.

jhonora: deannie, whats the nearest big town?

vkn: Rope for Jhonora ~~~~~~~

Seventies Soulchild: No, but once you get into the public records searches, its like a toss up because I don't know who belongs to who... know what I mean?

alt: I do otherwise on microfilm.. too limited.... one county at a time .. now that is restrictive and you need to know how the county is organized on microfilm by TEp., city, etc.

jhonora: Need seatbelt, vkn

Spivey: If you go there, Miss Vicky, they tell you how to search the records that have not yet been classified into a category. I use Georgia Deaths mostly but they have a lot of records there.

AYWalton: try the largest library in the area where your folks lived.

AmosNY: Well good night all.

Seventies Soulchild: Did that make any sense vicky?

deannie: Port Gibson, Fayette

AYWalton: Vicky, I talk about the Virtual vault in one of my podcasts. user friendly and full of good stuff for GA researchers.

deannie: Ok, when I have my next visiit

vicky: you mean I missed one AYWalton :?

AYWalton: I would call lhte library, deannie and ask them what directories that have and what communities they cover.

3rdthawkins: whoa!

AYWalton: lol, not sure, vicky!

deannie: Ok

jhonora: deannie, sometimes around the town anniversary they would do a commemorative book with a directory of major citizens, white and colored.

3rdthawkins: vkn, I guess the toolbar can be manually moved??? I did it accidently

Spivey: 3rdthawkins how did you get those colors in your posted message? HTML?

vicky: huh

seraph1959: 3rd you brak something LOL

AYWalton: jhonora---goodness----I saw something recently about Bayou LaFource and I have to find it as I know you speak of that area often. It was one day this week!

vkn: not that I know of 3rd what makes you think so?

vicky: oh I just did it too 3rd

Seventies Soulchild: brb

deannie: Thanks for inform...this is one reason I always come on line....I always learn something

jhonora: Really, AY, my ancestral home!

3rdthawkins: vicky, the one with all the icons for bold italics emotions etc., I accidently moved it in the middle of the chat screen and the box with al lthe chaters and rooms

AYWalton: I know----and I have to find it. I think I book marked it---I shall check and see.

vicky: mine is way up over Who's Chatting now

vkn: uh oh

jhonora: deannie, were you're folks affected when Port Gibson fell into the water?

vicky: wow vkn that is weird

vkn: It sure is vicky

deannie: When The flood of 1927

Spivey: Oh, doggone. Why did you all get me to experiment? Now mine is a bar on the right hand side of the screen.

3rdthawkins: HAHA lol

AYWalton: it's probably your website, Jhonora. http://www.creolegen.com/bayouroots is that your site jhonora?

Spivey: Can't get it back in place. 8S

jhonora: Yes, AY.

3rdthawkins: Spivey, to answer your question, it's something new put in by vkn..........when you post a new message, there are some icons to help format your post

AYWalton: lol I should have known!

Spivey: Okay. Thanks 3rdthawkins. And many thanks Miss Vee.

AYWalton: I thought I recognized something---maybe the imges of the churches.

jhonora: Glad its being visited! Those are family pictures.

AYWalton: how wonderful!

seraph1959: AYWalton do you know a source for blank agriculture census records?

AYWalton: blank forms?

jhonora: deannie, I can't find a source, but a friend of mine whose ancestors worked with Addul Rahman, told me about it.

AYWalton: there should be some on Ancestry, but I will have to check.

seraph1959: yes , so I can figure out what data is being reported

AYWalton: jhonora you are missing from your page.

vicky: nice site jhonora

AYWalton: you need some kind of info and should not be completely invisible.

alt: blank forms are on Ancestry..haven't checked for Agriculture tho' seraph1959

Ingrid_Doweary: The National Archives has blank Agriculture Form and AY is right about Ancestry.com

AYWalton: If someone had a question there is no way to contact you.

jhonora: True, I just have my address on the homepage.

seraph1959: Ingrid are these online?

AYWalton: I don't even see an address. an email should be there---do not hide from your public.

deannie: My great cousin lived thru the flood of 1927....she has told me about it

seraph1959: I looked on ancestry did not find any

Ingrid_Doweary: I think so. Let me check.

AYWalton: only if Ancestry has the Agricultural census up, will they have blank forms.

alt: and there's always 'google' seraph1959 .. Blank agriculture census forms

AYWalton: brb

seraph1959: yeah tried that nothing that matched for Tx in 1870 and 1860

jhonora: You should get that on tape, deannie, have you ever read Rising Tide by John Barry?

vicky: I was sent the link for the blank forms (Agri Census)

alt: really??? oh, not sure ag schedules were done for those years. first year I think I saw was 1880

vicky: I had my daughter print one out today

vkn: Nor was i seraph

vicky: for 1880

seraph1959: let me check ...

deannie: No, but I will get the book....but I was looking at a program of channel 11 (WTTW) about it....and I talked to Maude that's her name able it

vicky: let me find the link seraph1959

Seventies Soulchild: AYWalton: does Arkansas have very accessible online records?

Spivey: Ah, Mister Softee is outside. Not going to get any though.

seraph1959: schedule 4 Production of Agriculture 1860 Texas Lavaca Co in 1880 its called schedule 2

Spivey: Could it be a local schedule seraph1959? Like some states have their own census records?

alt: is that a federal records seraph1959?

seraph1959: dunno how would I tell?

3rdthawkins: Agriculture Records are Federal

Ingrid_Doweary: I have a copy of an agriculture blank form I can scan a copy and send to you

3rdthawkins: There are also Industrial Records There's another, can't think of it, I think it's Manufactory or something

jhonora: Anyone have Juneteenth activities planned?

Seventies Soulchild: Not this year jhonora and I'm unhappy about it too.

3rdthawkins: do you just do it yourself jhonora, or is it part of what your city/state is doing?

Spivey: Did the federal government conduct an agricultural census in 1860 seraph1959? It they didn't, then it would have to have been a local census.

seraph1959: seraph1959@yahoo.com thanks Ingrid

3rdthawkins: 1850-1880 Spivey

Selma: Nite all.........

jhonora: My reunion opens June 19th., so I'll try to make a connection.

seraph1959: if it was local just the county? or local meaning state , It is on a census looking for form

vicky: Ingrid if you have not sent it already, I can give it to Seraph

Seventies Soulchild: Did AYWalton step out for a few moments?

3rdthawkins: It's local seraph1959 and Spivey, it's Federal I would say so Seventies

Spivey: Which 3rdthawkins, local or federal?

3rdthawkins: or her computer froze

Seventies Soulchild: probably froze.

3rdthawkins: oops lol I meant it's not local, it's Federal

seraph1959: I found the folks my grgrgr was sharecropping for

Spivey: Oh, I was gonna act up but Miss Vicky is still here! :)

alt: were you asking about an 1860 ag schedule seraph1959?

seraph1959: yes

Spivey: And so is Miss Vee who is green. What does the green icon mean?

seraph1959: well from 1860-1880

Seventies Soulchild: I guess AYWalton has checked out for the evening.

seraph1959: trying to figure out what kind of info was reported

alt: Not sure about any information for 1860 and TX...

Spivey: BTW, thank you Miss Vee. I was tired of being white. :)

3rdthawkins: she's saying it's not easy being her lol

vicky: she will be back

Spivey: :)

Ingrid_Doweary: Seraph, in the meantime, try this link: http://www2.census.gov/prod2/decennial/documents/33398096v5ch9.pdf

seraph1959: thanks Ingrid

Ingrid_Doweary: YW

vkn: seraph i would like you to meet the Gaston's

Seventies Soulchild: ok anyone who is researching Arkansas. . . did they seperate white and colored marriages at the turn of the century? Ingrid_Doweary?

alt: good lookong out Ingrid_Doweary !!!!!!!

seraph1959: yipppeeeeeeeeee this is what I needed

3rdthawkins: Not that I noticed Seventies

Seventies Soulchild: So race is not noted on the marriage records or collections? Aw shucks!

Spivey: Good seraph1959. lol

3rdthawkins: Some Seventies Soulchild most of it them not

Ingrid_Doweary: The white and colored marriage distinctions I have to check out. My cousin got his copy of marriage certificate from the county courthouse.

3rdthawkins: some have Colored written somewhere, like at the top of the Certificate

Seventies Soulchild: I'm looking for marriage records for Elijah Washington in Arkansas. since he's not on any census records.

alt: Seventies Soulchild, can't speak for AR, but race was noted on Ohio marriages at the county level until the 1960's.... a handwritten notation on the marrage records

Ingrid_Doweary: One marriage listing I located in a county library genealogy room. My statewide listing index didn't indicate race.

vkn: Niters to all tc

3rdthawkins: I'm not sure about all Counties Seventies, every county may be different, but in hempstead they most list name age and residence, as I said, "colored"/col. may be written at the top

Spivey: Goodnight Miss Vee.

Seventies Soulchild: ok I"ll take a look Thanks for the info all

alt: http://mydatabase.tribalpages.com/tribe/browse?userid=mydatabase&view=62&sort=0&albumid=5&photoindex=8&rand=645182817

3rdthawkins: I mean, I was suprised to see my folks being called Mr./Miss

alt: Ohio marraige record from 1851 note colored annotataed

3rdthawkins: Surprised they didn't try and cross that out or something

Seventies Soulchild: lol I think that designation was reserved for the lighter skinned of our people.

Khathu: good night everyone

3rdthawkins: yeah, probably so, I don't know

Spivey: alt I have an Isaac Adams in my family too. But I don't think that is the same Isaac I am researching.

alt: I saw that annotation on marrage records up until the 1960's... my first marraige in 1958 had Colored on it

3rdthawkins: looks like deannie is lost in the concierge???

alt: Spivey was your Isaac in Ohio in 1851?

3rdthawkins: or is she i two different places at the same time? in

Seventies Soulchild: oh really? I thought that was something that they only did in MS

Spivey: No he wasn't born until 1912 alt.

Seventies Soulchild: well I'd better get myself together... lol Have a good night folks

alt: ah so, okay Spivey guess I'd better shut down for the night too... laters y'all

3rdthawkins: nite alt

vicky: nite

3rdthawkins: haha beat before he left lol beat him

seraph1959: 3rd you funny !LOL

3rdthawkins: lol

Spivey: Kinda hard to do 3rdthawkins. People say goodnight and immediately hit the disconnect button.

3rdthawkins: you have to have the fingers like lightning lol

vicky: seraph1959 are yopu out for the summer

seraph1959: yes I am vicky This was the longest school year ever!!!

Spivey: You got that right, 3rdthawkins.

3rdthawkins: lol

vicky: and will you all have your reunion the same place you had it before

Spivey: Does any one here have a website at Yahoo! Geocities?

vicky: At the lake I dont

3rdthawkins: no, I don't

seraph1959: is that for me?

jhonora: i'll see y'all tomorrow! Night!

vicky: the lake Livingston is for you

Ingrid_Doweary: Not I, Spivey

seraph1959: oh probably not aunt and Uncle are not well , hopefully we will visit them

3rdthawkins: he said tomorrow..............Night, not tomorrow nite, right?

Spivey: Hmmm. Well, maybe someone can tell me what may have happened.

vicky: ok Sorry to hear that

Spivey: Geocities, the free one, was discontinued and everyone who paid [like myself] were given their own domain. My records were transferred to my domain sucessfully, except for the sound files it seems.

vicky: not aware of that Spivey

Spivey: There is no sound now and it is not the file itself. It plays perfectly in Geocities, but not on my website.

vicky: gotta run folks.. I will send you email seraph1959 when are you going?

Ingrid_Doweary: Later Vicky

seraph1959: thanks vicky

Spivey: Goodnight Miss Vicky.

seraph1959: June 18-25th

vicky: nite nite ohhhhh wow Juneteenth

Spivey: Where is E.T. when I need him?

vicky: They will be celebrating in Austin be sure and get in on the festivities seraph1959 nite

Spivey: Well, I will be leaving also. Thanks for the company. Have a good night.

seraph1959: same here night folks

3rdthawkins: nite Ingrid and seraph

seraph1959: wait for it ....

Ingrid_Doweary: Nite 3rd, seraph

18 Dec 2002 :: 1 Feb 2009
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy