Try a new Ancestry.com Membership!

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

Footnote.com

Note: Please follow the link(s) on the navigation bar below to search additional messages that have been archived to conserve space. If no link is visible, no messages have been archived on this board.

2011-10-19 NBGS • RG 65 • RG 105

*LunchBunch

Start: 12:05:09
End: 12:47:36
Chatters: alt, Selma, Seventies Soulchild

Seventies Soulchild: good afternoon, alt.

alt: hey Seventies Soulchild , what's up with you today?

Seventies Soulchild: Just 'dancing' at my desk lol

alt: got your music thing going, huh?

Seventies Soulchild: yes, Lalah Hathaway

alt: okay, good choice.

Seventies Soulchild: The book that I mentioned last night, do you think you'd be able to find anything about your family in it?

alt: thanks for the reminder... gotta pick out a couple of good CD's to drive with to Ft. Wayne... think I'm ready for some Les McCann/Eddie Harris & some Al Jarreau.

Seventies Soulchild: ok You should get an IPod...

alt: dunno know Seventies Soulchild, my Indiana folks were in central & south part of the State, but you can never tell.

Seventies Soulchild: ok

alt: but thanks for the heads-up.

Seventies Soulchild: no problem Hey Selma

Selma: Afternoon alt and seventies... Can you leave the state alt...the Lions & tigers and Bears are roaming Ohio

alt: If I do any research in Ft. Wayne I think I'll concentrate on wagon trains going west.. that's my brickwall... got ancestor in CA, but can't find the wagon train he may have gone with.

Seventies Soulchild: interesting.

alt: Hi Selma... yep, gonna get out of Dodge LOL... Zanesville, where the animals got loose. that's where one of anita's sister's lives.

Seventies Soulchild: I did a little research today on the Lemon family of Wilkinson County, MS Ben and Josephine. Josephine was the eldest child of Thomas Henyard

alt: okay, so you have another surname hooked in with the Henyard's .... Lemon.

Seventies Soulchild: The more I look into the families, I see that they all lived in the same area, neighbors.

alt: yep, that's an example of why my TP site is so large.. after family, I started tracing neighbors, and friends. somewhere down the line many of them connect.

Seventies Soulchild: There are some relationships that I heard that the family has, I see them also living in the same area, but not clear on how they relate.

alt: guess Daviss, AYWAlton, Lisa L. & Deannie are all in 'travel mode' today.

Seventies Soulchild: probably. When are you going up alt?

Selma: We expect updates on the goings on alt..

alt: stay with the paper trail and they'll be connecting sooner than you think Seventies Soulchild

Seventies Soulchild: absolutely

alt: that's above my 'pay grade' Selma... Daviss & AYWalton are the 'communicators" LOL

Seventies Soulchild: I had been considering printing out the entire 1870 and 1880 census for beat 1 Wilkinson Co, MS lol I understand the computer fatigue alt..

Selma: Lots of paper seventies..but sometimes its easier to look at stuff on paper in my humble opinion Which might account for the piles of paper in my house... LOL

Seventies Soulchild: lol

alt: I like to have my hands on 'paper' too Selma....

Seventies Soulchild: Yes, it just seems easier to do... sometimes.. lol I am still struggling with my first CW pension file! lol

Selma: Why is it a "struggle"?

Seventies Soulchild: Its about 250- 300 pages long... and the handwriting is hard to read. almost like shorthand, which I don't know.

alt: I got an email from a lady in Calif. turns out she is a 2c x2r of Anita's.. I think the family has been "white' for about 60-70 years or so... she is looking for her HONESTY roots... that's Anita's maternal great grandma's people.

Seventies Soulchild: :?

Selma: Well give it to her "Honestly"...and send her a NAACP membership form

Seventies Soulchild: What is with California??? lol

alt: you got it Selma.

Seventies Soulchild: I tell you what, if it were my family member she wouldn't want to have my brand of 'honesty'

alt: lot of AA's who could 'pass' went to Calif during the depression years Seventies Soulchild, at least those who I have tracked made that move...

Seventies Soulchild: that's what I have been figuring... the multiracial white movement has come out of California... I call it the multiracial ANTI black movement...

alt: Selma.. these HONESTY's are in the Fairfax County FPOC book of 1822.... they are from Hannah Honesty's children who came to Ohio and many of them later 'passed" for white. you have that book, right Selma?

Selma: Not sure alt... I gotta lot of books.. LOL

alt: I think we talked about it before.

Seventies Soulchild: There goes that paper reference.. lol

alt: Mrs. Lucas gave me her copy years ago.

Selma: If we discussed..then maybe I do...I have go to catalog this stuff

Seventies Soulchild: alt are these the branch of the family related to your 100 yr old aunt?

alt: no, these are Anita's people Seventies Soulchild.

Seventies Soulchild: I just thought about what I asked.. lol brb y'all

alt: Well, it's time for me to load up the wagon and hit the road... be talking to y'all later. take care.

Selma: OK alt..you and Anita be safe

alt: thank you Selma. we'll try and we'll have some fun just for you LOL LOL

Selma: You still there seventies

Seventies Soulchild: yes still here.. just grabbed lunch.

Selma: Ok..didn't want to just leave

Seventies Soulchild: ok I do have a question though. Have you read or seen RG 65?

Selma: Nope..which one is that?

Seventies Soulchild: If I recall correctly, for AL

Selma: Only specific to Alabama?

Seventies Soulchild: It was mentioned in something I was reading I'll google it to get more information. Just thought with your information on RG105 that you might know something about it.

Selma: There are a number of different RG groups...

Seventies Soulchild: ok I figured as much... I need to research the RGs

Selma: You have peeked my interest...will look around

Seventies Soulchild: I will be looking around too. Where could I possibly find this online?

Selma: At the NARA site

Seventies Soulchild: ok and I think that's where I read about it.

Selma: They usually give a description of what is contained

Seventies Soulchild: Alright I have to quickly eat this lunch and get back to work... talk to you soon Selma.

Selma: Bye..have a good day

18 Dec 2002 :: 1 Feb 2009
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy