Try a new Ancestry.com Membership!

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

Footnote.com

Note: Please follow the link(s) on the navigation bar below to search additional messages that have been archived to conserve space. If no link is visible, no messages have been archived on this board.

2011-09-10 DNA error? • SatNiteChat

*SatNiteChat

Start: 21:08:45
End: 22:45:17
Chatters: 3rdthawkins, alt, AYWalton, Bearnut2, daviss, freeaainnc, Ingrid_Doweary, jhonora, Selma, vkn

alt: hello 3rdthawkins, how are ya this evening?

3rdthawkins: ok back, sorry bout that alt, was talking on my cpu phone to my gf's cousin heeey Selma

alt: Hello Selma... how ya doing?

Selma: Evening alt and 3rd Doing Ok..and you?

alt: okay, was waiting on Serena to play

3rdthawkins: surprised to know that my Hawkins family already had a family website at myfamily.com, since at least 2000...I had created one in hopes to do what they already have done.......this is great, finding good information and see some pics oh, no college f-ball alt? hey daviss

Selma: Evening davis

daviss: Hello 3rd alt and Selma!!

alt: wonderful 3rdthawkins , the myfamily.com sites are really nice Hello daviss

3rdthawkins: yeah they are, now I need to add my own touch to it, they will be surprised at what I have

daviss: How are you all doing on this Saturday

alt: since 2000 that's long enought for some great history, photos & news items to have accumulated, you have a lot of catching up to do with your Hawkins lines.

3rdthawkins: real good daviss :}

Selma: How were the crab cakes daviss?

alt: how many folks are on the site 3rdthawkins?

3rdthawkins: yep alt, my plate is full with my Cummings line, and then ready to receive information from a cousin on my Sanders line, I feel almost overwhelmed, but i'm loving it

daviss: I have all the stuff fir the makings Selma and I will enjoy them during the Cardinals game on tomorrow

alt: I was watching ND & Michigan for a quick moment daviss

Selma: Ok daviss.. LOL

3rdthawkins: seem to be a lot alt, not sure exactly how many, but I see they have been having fun long before I knew anything about them...Im definitely late on the party to the party

daviss: Thanks much Selma and I will let you know if I have to eat them all by myself or if the kids like them too. Lil Tyler won't be a problem cause he loves anything granny cooks lol

Selma: How old is Lil Tyler? Give the child a hot dog.. LOL

daviss: lol he is 8 yrs old

alt: well there's a lesson to be learned there 3rdthawkins... to parahrase what Selma always says the 'conversation' was going on ling before you entered it.

Selma: You don't waste good crab meat on someone who doesn't appreciate

3rdthawkins: yep, and Im glad, I'm glad my Hawkins family is taking pride in themselves and their history, you don't see that on my mom's side

daviss: We are also going to have chicken wings with the fixins

Selma: I will have to get some crab meat tomorrow.. LOL

alt: I took Selma's statement to heart and remember that even as old as I am my family genealogy & history was 'happening' long before I got into it.

daviss: thats a good quote alt and Selma

3rdthawkins: right alt

alt: I think it is very appropiate daviss

daviss: Bearnut2!!! howdy

Selma: Same here...I just continue what was going on before...

3rdthawkins: that's a double lesson alt, because my great grandmother had already done a lot of family research, and those papers are going to be sent to me by her grandson (my fahter's first cousin) hello bearnut2

alt: Hello Bearnut2.. how ya doing this evening?

Bearnut2: Hi everybody--happy saturday!

daviss: when did you learn the Hawkins had been searching 3rd?

Selma: I do have better access to records then were available to many of the earlier folks

alt: and that's the BIG difference Selma ... access to records. but the 'old' methods still stand the test of time.

Selma: Evening bearnut...

daviss: Is this your dads line 3rd that have the page

Bearnut2: Hey Selma, alt, daviss, 3rdthawkins

3rdthawkins: at different times daviss, my gf's cousin let me know my gf's sister did some research and sent some of those papers to me, which I think it was actually her mother, my great grandmother who did the research, but not sure if she did it for hawkins......last Nov? I met a cousin online who had a tree up on ancestry.com, she had a few pictures on FB of some of my ancestors Yes daviss, Hawkins

Bearnut2: sorry --i was trying to catch up on the convo lol

3rdthawkins: but I believe the stories should stay alive also, that's what makes us, that's what keeps us strong and show how strong we are and have become

daviss: are the hawkins the ones that may have passed or is this another line 3rd

3rdthawkins: I don't know of any of the other relatives, but I know I have a story bevause of my grandfather, he gave his descendants that story, its a story that needs to be told, not just to the family, but to the world

alt: when I got into my Adams genealogy about 20 year ago I was given some papers by an ancestral cousin who had started charting the Adams family around 1920 following the 1st annual Adams family reunion.... his stuff is still working for me today.

3rdthawkins: daviss, my grandfather is one of only two people who (tried to) pass(ed) in the family....my great grandfather (my grandmother's father) is the other one

daviss: Oh Bearnut2 I still have not heard from Ancestry yet on the retest for my haplogroup

Bearnut2: ahh daviss you may need to call them again

daviss: Is that the hawkins 3rd ' I think they were also going to call the test facility

3rdthawkins: yes daviss...........I ws just talking to my grandfather's cousin, and she's the second person in the family that told me I need to write a book....I think I will....a movie could be in the works also

daviss: ok gotcha 3rd

3rdthawkins: of course, this cousin is apart of the Sanders line, NOT the Hawkins the other cousin (my dad's 1st cousin) is the other one that told me she's in the Hawkins line, her mother also passed (but married Hispanic)

alt: Our Adams folks did a WDYTYA are thing with a chart att this year's reunion on our Adams lines... which date back to about 1725.

daviss: I got an email from Sharon (Seraph) and she got her results back also from 23 and me

Bearnut2: that was a really cool idea with the chart, art

3rdthawkins: yeah it was

alt: was she with the RITF project daviss?

Bearnut2: cool daviss!

Selma: How is Seraph..haven't seen her in awhile..I know school started she is probably busy

daviss: yes alt

alt: hmmm, was she satisfied with the information from the tes?

daviss: she is good Selma I need to call

Bearnut2: i know a bunch of folks got results last week--my family got 24 new cousins

Selma: alt..How is Irita..was thought about her yesterday

daviss: how close are the cousins bearnut2 Mabe you will hear soon alt Selma and 3rd did you two apply

3rdthawkins: for what?

alt: she's doing fine Selma ... 3rdthawkins, Irita's folks the Male's, Mayle's have a myFamily site with about 500-600 people.

Bearnut2: probably about 5 were 3rd to 6th and the rest 5th and greater

daviss: RITF Project

Bearnut2: Ingrid!!! HI!

Selma: Noe

alt: they have something like 3,000 pictures on the site 3rdthawkins

3rdthawkins: wow, not sure if we have that many alt, of course they are adding names of those who passed, mainly the children of my great great grandfather Levy Hawkins hello Ingrid_Doweary what is that daviss?

Ingrid_Doweary: Hey Bearnut2 ,daviss ,Selma , 3rdthawkins and alt. How goes it?

alt: Hello Ingrid_Doweary

3rdthawkins: good Ingrid, how's your research on the CW soldier?

daviss: Bearnut2 I have several 3-4 and the rest 3-6

Ingrid_Doweary: Still trying to verify my findings, 3rd

Bearnut2: thats great daviss

3rdthawkins: ok

daviss: soaking it in lol

Bearnut2: have you made contact with any of them yet?

daviss: hello ingrid

Selma: Evening Ingrid

alt: are these known cousins daviss, or matches to folks already in the 23andme database, or both?

Ingrid_Doweary: Sounds like you are making more progress with your research, 3rd.

daviss: no, just got the results no known alt

3rdthawkins: yes Ingrid, things are looking up, I am excited

alt: okay daviss, they are matches to folks who have tested with 23andme?

3rdthawkins: hello freeaainnc

alt: Hello freeaainnc

Ingrid_Doweary: That's good 3rd. You should be excited. Perseverance can pay off. Hey Free.

3rdthawkins: :} yes it can ingrid, thx

Ingrid_Doweary: YW

Selma: Evening free

alt: Bearnut2, I've been visiting the 23andme community boards occasionally.

freeaainnc: hi selma

Bearnut2: speaking of perseverance, I think i may have found my 3rd great grandparents

daviss: right alt, I am/have asked my known to enter but only two responded to me but they have not heard anything back yet to see if accepted

3rdthawkins: hello jhonora

freeaainnc: hi jhonora

3rdthawkins: that's great bearnu2

alt: Hello jhonora, how ya doing?

Bearnut2: cool alt! have you tried ged match yet? everyone is excited about the new admixture tools

jhonora: Hello 3rdthawkins, alt, Bearnut2, daviss, freeaainnc, Selma

Ingrid_Doweary: Free, a library technician at work salvaged some books on material preservation for me. Hey Jhonora.

daviss: wonderful bearnut2

freeaainnc: congrats bearnut2

Bearnut2: hi jhonora

freeaainnc: great Ingrid!

daviss: hello free and jhonora

alt: no Bearnut2. I'm 'laying low' on the DNA stuff...

jhonora: I made a great discovery in the past three days

daviss: good for you also jhonora

Ingrid_Doweary: I was thinking about you when he asked if I wanted them. This university library where I work is weeding material now.

Bearnut2: thanks all! I was actually kicking myself because the means to find them where right in the 1920 census all the time

daviss: how did you locate them bearnut2

3rdthawkins: lol I get that myself bearnut

jhonora: I found out my gr-gr-gr-grandmothers parents and that her dad was a homesteader. We have our own lil' settlement called Hayes Quarters in Ms.

3rdthawkins: wow, cool jhonora

alt: ah so Bearnut2, that's what we were speaking of earlier... the access to records/materials are almost overwhelming.. we jsut have to know where to look .. and of course keep good records of what we already have discovered.

freeaainnc: that is cool jhonora

Selma: Wow..great find jhonora..

3rdthawkins: wb Ingrid

Bearnut2: I knew that my great great grandmother had a brother named Lee Williams and had found him and his wife and family in the census...

daviss: thats wonderful Jhonora!! was this in SC bearnut2

Ingrid_Doweary: Thanks 3rd. I was having trouble with text box.

alt: you found this homestead record where jhonora?

Bearnut2: "Something" told me to look at his census records again and in the 1920 listing with Lee's family, he had an older sister living with him

jhonora: I haven't gotten the file yet, but I came to learn of it through ancestry.

Bearnut2: no daviss in AL

alt: Okay jhonora

Ingrid_Doweary: Interesting how when you review the same documents over and over again, you discover something you didn't notice before.

Bearnut2: named Alice so I went looking for Alice in 1880 because according to the census, Lee was born in 1880 and I had never been able to find him

daviss: oh ok lol I was hoping you would say Texas cause I have an uncle Lee Williams

jhonora: I also discovered I have about 700 more cousins than I knew I had.

Ingrid_Doweary: Great findings Jhonora!

alt: hehehehehehe @ jhonora

daviss: that is a great find!!!

Ingrid_Doweary: Great find indeed, Bearnut2 and jhonora .

Bearnut2: lol daviss wow jhonora!

3rdthawkins: I hate making discoveries/finding information and still can't find a person in a particular census, erks me

alt: Now you and 3rdthawkins can see why my database is so large... after 20-25 years of throwing whoever I find and where into it the connections just start to show up.

3rdthawkins: hello AYWalton

AYWalton: good evening alll hi 3rd

Ingrid_Doweary: Hey AYWalton. good to see you.

AYWalton: greetings, alt, Bearnut2, daviss

alt: Hello AYWalton

Bearnut2: so I found Alice with their parents and other siblings on the 1880 census and also a baby boy named Leroy!

AYWalton: hello free, Ingrid, Ms. Selma.

Bearnut2: Hi AYWalton

daviss: heyyy AY!!!

freeaainnc: hi AY!

alt: Now you have another whole line of folks to work with Bearnut2

AYWalton: I was just watching WDYTYA the episode with Lionel Ritchie. you have a new line, Bearnut2?

3rdthawkins: I can watch his episode ALL NiGHT LONG!

alt: bad 3rdthawkins bad LOL

Bearnut2: yep alt, and the interesting thing is that the census was taken in June of 1920 and Alice died in July of 1920 and that is the only time I would have found her

3rdthawkins: lol lol

Ingrid_Doweary: You definitely do, Bearnut2 . I did get some questions about Maryland state history I was wondering about.

AYWalton: it is a good episode.

Bearnut2: yep AY--I think I've found my 3rd gr grandparents--Isaac and Harriet Williams of Barbour Co. AL

Ingrid_Doweary: Indeed that episode was a good one, AY.

3rdthawkins: yea it is AY, you're right..............................you think Bearnut2? so you're still not sure

AYWalton: I know you must be thrilled!! how wonderful!

Bearnut2: I won't be "sure" until I can find something that links them with either my 2nd gr grandmother

3rdthawkins: ahh, ok, so how sure are you (percentage)?

Ingrid_Doweary: I understand that, Bearnut2.

Bearnut2: or that definitively show that lee and Leroy are the same person. But I'm about 98% sure lol

alt: 3rdthawkins, that's why I think it is important to add those 'unattched' individuals when they are in the same area and are suspected siblings to a collateral relative... further research almost always connects them to your family.

Ingrid_Doweary: I concur with Alt about the collateral relatives research.

3rdthawkins: right alt, I'm going through that right now on my Cummings line with two people, for one, I am sure the one I found is him, I'm just trying to verify which children are his in the marriage and which ones are her's in the first marriage, but I'm sure it is him

AYWalton: I was trying to close out extra windows I had open and I closed out one too many.

Bearnut2: lol

3rdthawkins: got on a roll huh AY lol

Ingrid_Doweary: wb AY. :)

alt: I'm discovering all kinds of information and connections with the Indianapolis Recorder newspaper... it dates from 1898 to 2005

Ingrid_Doweary: You are researching a Cummings line, 3rd? Where is the Cummings homestead?

Bearnut2: I was able to find what I think was my 2nd gr grandmother's death certificate. I ordered it so I hope it is!

daviss: fingers are crossed for you bearnut2

3rdthawkins: yes Ingrid, Camp County, came from somewhere in Georgia

daviss: hello vkn!

AYWalton: greetings, vkn!

vkn: Good evening to each and all

3rdthawkins: Camp County Texas Ingrid, from Georgia, they have spread out now

Ingrid_Doweary: I'm glad to hear that Alt. Looking up some of the A-Am newspapers myself. Hey Vkn!

Bearnut2: hi vkn thanks daviss

AYWalton: hey hey hey, it's honoray---I did not see you over in the corner jhonoray!

freeaainnc: hi vkn

jhonora: Hey vkn and AYWalton

alt: I think I've even found family of Khathu & Tim Pinnick in Brazil, IN thru the IR newspaper

Ingrid_Doweary: Yea 3rd? Who was from Georgia? Any one from Arkansas and Louisiana? Yeah, Alt? That sounds exciting.

daviss: AYWalton I am almost through with my blog re: The Help lol

AYWalton: oh really? Can't wait to read it!!!

jhonora: AY, I mentioned earlier that I made a great discovery over the past three days. I found out names of my g-g-g-grandmother's parents. Her dad was a homesteader and we have our own lil' settlement in Ms, Hayes Querters.

AYWalton: when will you post it??

Bearnut2: I keep hoping I'll have some luck with the newspapers but so far none yet. But my grandma did tell me there was a mention about her father inheriting some property when she was a little girl so I'm on the hunt to find it!

freeaainnc: where will you post it?

3rdthawkins: my 3rd great grandparents Ingrid Benjamin Cummings and Julia and their children, I think their youngest, who is my 2nd great grnadfather, was born in Texas.........but the rest were born in Georgia and was settled in Camp County, Texas by 1870

alt: hello vkn, sorry.. didn't hear you come in the room.

vkn: was tippin in alt

Ingrid_Doweary: Hayes Querters, MS. Which county is that in. ?

jhonora: I will post soon maybe to the states forum. Hayes Quarters is in Wayne County.

Bearnut2: lol vkn

Selma: Nite time for me folks..have a good evening

daviss: mabe later tonight AYWalton, you have to remember I only have a two finger typing ability and I am back down to my doubles for my glasses lol

freeaainnc: davis where is your blog?

AYWalton: well you do a good job for a 2 finger typist!

freeaainnc: agree

daviss: slow as molasses

freeaainnc: daviss where is your blog?

Ingrid_Doweary: Oh okay, 3rd. My Cummings ancestral patriarch David Cummings (b.1796) is said to have been born in Georgia. My maternal great -grfather, John American Cummings was born in Arkansas.

daviss: http://mariahszepher.blogspot.com

alt: Y'all know Percy Julian & Vernon Jordan? the were in Greencastle, IN as students at DePauw Univ. an lived with my Miles family who were employees (Help) at the University because Blacks were not allowed to live on campus in the dormitories.

vkn: Check out CUMMINGS in Bainbridge GA Ingrid

freeaainnc: thanks daviss

daviss: there you are free

Ingrid_Doweary: I have to identify the document that said David Cummings died in 1888.

AYWalton: so alt do you know Faith who I think was his daughter?

3rdthawkins: Yeah, lots of Cummings in Georgia, my Strickland line also came from there

AYWalton: Percy Julian's I mean.

daviss: you are welcome free

alt: No I don't AYWalton

3rdthawkins: how did you know he died in 1888 Ingrid? that's a long time

Ingrid_Doweary: Thanks Vkn. I have no information about David's parents, just his offsprings and descendants.

freeaainnc: I need to get going, night all

Ingrid_Doweary: Yea I know 3rd, that

Bearnut2: nite free

daviss: nite free

Ingrid_Doweary: Nite Free

vkn: okies they were funeral directors

Ingrid_Doweary: That is why I need to identify my source for that information.

alt: check out the Indianapolis Recorder at this Link... 1898-2005 and it has National News, not just Indiana news.http://tinyurl.com/4x4sld5 http://tinyurl.com/4x4sld5

AYWalton: I better run folks, I was just popping in.

vkn: Thanx alt so many options

Bearnut2: thanks alt I'll check that out

daviss: thanks alt I need to check it out also

Ingrid_Doweary: Thanks Alt, very nice. An article I was reading, I think referred that site to me also. BRB

daviss: mabe I can get some Spellman College info there

3rdthawkins: wow, found some good articles on the Pacers, anyone heard of them?

alt: I don't doubt it daviss oh yes, 3rdthawkins and ther eis plenty on Crispus Attucks High School and the days of Oscar Robertson when he was a student there. Oscar in the years 1953-1955

3rdthawkins: I think this, thx alt, I sure will miss google timeline when it goes off line I think this is great........

vkn: alt I am seeking more on the Lyles brothers Indiana

Bearnut2: well, I guess Im gonna call it a nite too. Good researching all!

daviss: nite Bearnut2

vkn: U 2 bear

3rdthawkins: nite bear

alt: oh plenty on Lyles Station vkn and later Princeton when they changed their byline

vkn: okies daviss you are still seeking info on the one lady? I did get something but will need to search for it

daviss: yes vkn but have not been able to find anything

alt: my turn to skedaddle, hope to see y'all tomorrow .. Go Browns!!!!!!

daviss: well one small article.. Go Cards!!

Ingrid_Doweary: Sports history eh Alt and 3rd? Cya Alt.

vkn: What is the name again and I will search hard drive. Del Jupiter gae me info

daviss: tomorrow alt

3rdthawkins: yes Ingrid :}

daviss: Elizabeth Perry Cannon she taught at Spelman

3rdthawkins: would love to hear/read more about the Indiana HS team, you know the movie Hoosiers

vkn: thanx for name again Yall be good. Will prolly not be here 2morry

3rdthawkins: right now, reading about a Rev. Greathouse who murdered his common-law wife and was condemned to death, wow

daviss: no thank you for looking again lol

Ingrid_Doweary: take care, Vkn.

vkn: Yall be good

3rdthawkins: nite vkn

daviss: nite guess I will head out also.. gotta finish blog nite all

3rdthawkins: quiet time I guess

Ingrid_Doweary: Just multitasking, 3rd.

3rdthawkins: yeah, same here

Ingrid_Doweary: On my husband's line I saw 1910 census of two of his great aunts and uncles residing next to each other in Allegheny county, PA.

3rdthawkins: cool Ingrid

Ingrid_Doweary: Quite simply two sisters with their husbands as next neighbors. Jhonora, you have a blog right?

3rdthawkins: thats interesting, I see that a lot in my line lines

Ingrid_Doweary: I've seen that with one of my paternal lines as well.

3rdthawkins: just as long as someone on the maternal line isn't living right next door to someone on the paternal lines

Ingrid_Doweary: Ha Ha. Do you have a blog, 3rd?

3rdthawkins: no have a heard enough time just doing research and keeping things organized or is it hard ....uhmmm :|

Ingrid_Doweary: Do you write down any of your notes in an organized fashion?

3rdthawkins: you mean not have a bunch of different notes written all over the page?

Ingrid_Doweary: Yes like a research log?

3rdthawkins: nope lol I'm all over the place

Ingrid_Doweary: You know you can download research log forms from the Family Tree Magazine website-research tools and forms. I starter 3-hole punching mine and storing in a 3" binder.

3rdthawkins: rootsmagic has something also, they have to-do lists,

Ingrid_Doweary: Since my graphic drivers are acting up, I haven not been able to restore my Rootsmagic notes. Well good nite, 3rd and jhonora. Maybe I'll see you tomorrow.

3rdthawkins: ok nite

18 Dec 2002 :: 1 Feb 2009
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy