Try a new Ancestry.com Membership!

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

Footnote.com

Note: Please follow the link(s) on the navigation bar below to search additional messages that have been archived to conserve space. If no link is visible, no messages have been archived on this board.

2011-09-06 This and that ...

*LunchBunch

Start: 12:00:15
End: 13:03:25
Chatters: 3rdthawkins, alt, AYWalton, daviss, ProfDru, Selma, Seventies Soulchild, vkn

3rdthawkins: hey daviss

daviss: hi 3rd ! hows it going

3rdthawkins: good, had a good genealogical weekend

daviss: good for you 3rd thats what its all about I assume you found some new peeps

3rdthawkins: no, found out my paternal great grandmother was the mystery family researcher, went back to slave owners, she passed that information on to a grandson (a cousin of my dad), he was looking for someone to give it to to preserve it, when his bro told him about me doing family research, he thought i would be a good person to give it to, he's been waiting for me to call, so I finally got in touch with him on friday, that was the first thing he was telling me about when I called I think if he sends it, he will include photos, but the photos don't have any identity

daviss: thats wonderful 3rd..Congrats

3rdthawkins: thx

daviss: did he say that he would turn it over to you

3rdthawkins: she has tons of info, deeds for herself, it's like the work is already done for me, can't wait to get my hands on it

daviss: hi alt!

3rdthawkins: he definitely was looking for someone to give it to, someone who would take care of it, he doesnt have time to do anything with it, he gave me his email to give my address, so I am sure he will send it

alt: Hello daviss, did I miss you uesterday?

3rdthawkins: hey alt

alt: Hi 3rdthawkins, how goes it?

3rdthawkins: good alt

daviss: yes you did alt lol hello alt

alt: Howdy vkn.. hope you're doing well today.

3rdthawkins: hey Seventies

Seventies Soulchild: Good day all!

daviss: hello seventies

alt: Hi Seventies Soulchild .. G'Day to you also.

daviss: how was everyone's weekend?

Seventies Soulchild: Boring!!! lol

alt: mine was wunnerful LOL

vkn: Greetings to all after laboring all day

Seventies Soulchild: hello vkn

daviss: oh really seventies

Seventies Soulchild: yes. I spent way too much time on facebook... lol

3rdthawkins: oh yeah, that is boring

Seventies Soulchild: But school started today! :} :} :}

daviss: old hat here seventies

vkn: http://www.afrigeneas.com/calendar/

Seventies Soulchild: Every child in the U.S. has officially started school! That should be a holiday itself! lol

alt: hey daviss, speaking of facebook.. did I see a photo of someone I know with you know who? LOL

Seventies Soulchild: I don't know who... lol

daviss: lol alt along with my mother, brother and sister

Seventies Soulchild: oh yea I saw that... lol

daviss: lol

Seventies Soulchild: Yes someone looked super sassy and I love the pic with the Blue Bell... lol

alt: I thought I recognized some familiar faces LOL LOL

Seventies Soulchild: Its ACT test time also...

daviss: lol my brother drove from Moreno Valley to get some BlueBell

3rdthawkins: and LSAT, my cuz gettin' ready for law school :}

Seventies Soulchild: yes you looked way too happy daviss, so did Tyler! lol

daviss: He bought a large cooler and filled it up with hot ice

3rdthawkins: is hot ice same as dry ice?

Seventies Soulchild: wow! Is blue bell really THAT good???!! :|

daviss: yes it is wonderful yes 3rd

3rdthawkins: ok

Seventies Soulchild: homemade ice cream is wunnerful..

daviss: that too seventies lol so you did not get any genealogical gems this week end seventies

alt: 3rdthawkins, are you considering putting your information on a webpage?

Seventies Soulchild: I actually did...

daviss: oh good!

Seventies Soulchild: So let me tell you.

daviss: k

3rdthawkins: don't know alt, I was, but not sure, I need to find the Hawkns page I keep hearing about, someone else has a page for the Hawkins family with all kinds of photos and stuff and information, I need to get to it see what it's all about and what it has

Seventies Soulchild: Margaret Meade was the sister of Charity Rounds. I traced her daughter Margaret Meade-Christmas via her son Richard Christmas. In 1880, Richard was living with both of them.

alt: okay 3rdthawkins

3rdthawkins: vkn, I have a genealogical dillema with someone in my tree, what forum would be best to post on for that

Seventies Soulchild: Margaret Jr. married Joseph Christmas in about 1876. I also found her living next door to Charles and Charity Rounds in 1870

daviss: thats good seventies..congrats

Seventies Soulchild: I couldn't find Margaret's sons Robert or Minor... perhaps they were sold away. Both would've been in their 20's when Emancipation came.

vkn: Is it a brickwall

3rdthawkins: kind of, it's more like will the real John Doe stand up kind of thing, where two death certificates seem to match the same person

Seventies Soulchild: No it wasn't a brick wall, but until I got my hands on those slave inventories from 1847-1848, I had no idea if other people existed in the family.

3rdthawkins: deaths occurred at different times, parents names are same/similair, no way of determining which one I should look at

daviss: so you found their names on the inventory

vkn: I would think since it relates to a vital record to post to the/a specific State location What say you daviss

3rdthawkins: ok then, the State's forum would be good

Seventies Soulchild: Yes I did. I knew as of 1829 Chism and MaryAnne had 3 children Hannah, Charity and Margaret

daviss: that would be fine vkn. will you highlight both certificates so that others can see 3rd? seventies were Robt and Minor on the inv?

3rdthawkins: I can post them, if that's what you mean daviss

alt: what makes you think they are the same person 3rdthawkins?

daviss: yes 3rd thats what I meant

alt: are the DC's found in the same county & state?

daviss: vkn, wasn't that a nice picture to that reunion story? I even teared up on that one

vkn: alt daviss seventies 3rd I be pushing the calendars today. Naught is listed for September 2011.

3rdthawkins: ok daviss..........alt, the informant on one matches the name of a brother in law, and the informant on the other matches the name of a niece (the brother in law's daughter, and she was informant also on her mom's and sisters dc.) also both have same parents' name, and birthplace is the same, I"m leaning more to one than the other, but it's crazy

daviss: picture was priceless

vkn: Simply beautiful daviss

3rdthawkins: alt, they lived in different places at time of death, but birthplace and parents' names are the same

vkn: Simply beautiful daviss a real tear jerker

3rdthawkins: on one, mother's surname is same as husband's,

daviss: I also watched a show that I had never seen before. another tear jerker

alt: Could parents have given children the same name ala George Foreman?

daviss: the name of the movie was Blind Faith

vkn: Tell us about that daviss

3rdthawkins: that's what I want to know, what makes it harder, I can't find this person in census, there are people that matches this guy, but I can't figure out if either of this are the person in my tree, I doubt they are the same person

Seventies Soulchild: On the second one yes... sorry was on the phone.

vkn: Seventies did you get the info you needed on the Alabama project ?

alt: is the birth date the same for both gentlemen?

daviss: It was with Courtney Vance and took place in the 50's

Seventies Soulchild: Not yet vkn. Still trying to locate this Alabama project.

vkn: Seventies did you get the info you needed on the Alabama project ?

3rdthawkins: years are close (4), on one complete dob is given

Seventies Soulchild: I'm wondering why he mentioned this in his writing. Maybe it was a personal project.

vkn: Send me a mail and I will follow up with the Peeps in the Alabama Room

Seventies Soulchild: Thanks vkn

daviss: hello ProfDru

Seventies Soulchild: its vkn@afrigeneas.com ?

ProfDru: hello gang

Seventies Soulchild: hi ProfDru

vkn: Howdy ProfDrur did you tip the wing of the plane when you flew over? Hope your trip was enjoyable. Weather notwithstanding

3rdthawkins: hello ProDru

ProfDru: lol

daviss: Alabama Project, is that something new vkn and seventies?

3rdthawkins: gotta go you guys, as soon as I get started talking, peopel ready to go, I will post my dilemma on the State's Forum

vkn: Yes Seventies, No daviss

Seventies Soulchild: No daviss. Genealogist Gary Mills mentioned this project in a chapter he wrote for Plain Folks of the South Revisited. According to him, he traced all the FPOC in Alabama through this project.

ProfDru: weekend went too fast

daviss: ProfDru' we are promoting the calendar. can you post your events ?

ProfDru: now back to reality ok vicky

daviss: thanks

vkn: Seventies is the one with queries on AL project

alt: You want us to post genealogy related events in our home areas on the AfriGeneas Calendar, right vkn? meetings, workshops, events, etc.

vkn: That is a seventies query daviss hmmmmm

AYWalton: Good afternoon, all.

Seventies Soulchild: hey AYWalton

daviss: I was looking for Spann's just this morning in Ala

AYWalton: hello there all.

ProfDru: Angela in da house!!!!

alt: hello AYWalton, Good afternoon to ya.

AYWalton: howdy alt, daviss, ProfDru in da house! Hey SoulChile! Greetings, VKN!!!!!!!!!!!

daviss: yes ProfDru!

vkn: Heyyyyyyy AYW!!!!!

daviss: hello AYWalton! How's it going AYWalton?

AYWalton: Been busy as usual. How about you, daviss?

daviss: what's busy??? lol

Seventies Soulchild: ok I'm multitasking... lol

daviss: tsc, tsc

AYWalton: I know about that, myself. lol

alt: our local Ohio genealogy groups are re-activating starting this weekend after the summer hiatus.

Seventies Soulchild: alt, speaking of ohio and genealogy. Your family has the Labor Day reunions on lock... lol

alt: do you want our dates & events posted to the AfriGeneas Calendar vkn?

daviss: thats good alt! we are trying to jump start ours.. Mabe even a name change

AYWalton: daviss is your group an AAHGS group or independent chapter?

alt: yep Seventies Soulchild. it sure simplifies a Reunion date when it is always Labor Day weekend.

daviss: I remember that it was bought up to join AAHGS several yrs ago but I left right after

Seventies Soulchild: The closest anything AA related for me is in NYC.

daviss: Not so sure now, but I will ask

Seventies Soulchild: I really want to start something here. Not that y'all aren't good company, but there's a lot of black history around here and its all very much on the hush hush.

AYWalton: ahh you hear a calling, SoulChile! respond to that call.

daviss: The group kind of hit and missed for a couple yrs AYWalton and now the push is on again

AYWalton: start documenting it! hope it gets a good launch, daviss.

vkn: Yes alt please that would be good to have all events particularly from societies

alt: oh Seventies Soulchild, I know a family who was in West Point and they were members of the Buffalo soldier group there.. Ed Long was his name

ProfDru: gotta run

Seventies Soulchild: oh okay, I'll look him up in the booklet.

daviss: we had a good presence at the LDS Research meeting last month and hope that the folks that attended will come back

AYWalton: that's good, daviss. I better run, folks. Time for errands.

Seventies Soulchild: alt, it was a great event. I'll copy the pics from facebook. whoa... where did everyone go?

alt: another fellow name escapes me, but parents were AA's named Eichelburger from SC, who also lived here in Springfield, Ohio, he lived in West Point for a while

daviss: u were multi tasking seventies lol lol

Seventies Soulchild: I was multi-tasking, but not that much.. goooodness!

daviss: lol

Seventies Soulchild: There are still a few Buffalo soldiers left alive. My longtime neighbor Mr. Matthews founded the group.

daviss: what do you want to do at WP seventies, start a Gen group?

Seventies Soulchild: daviss, I really want to turn WP into little Africa! lol lol lol lol

daviss: lol lol lol

Seventies Soulchild: BUT in the meantime, A genealogy/history group would be great. Like I said there is a lot of black history around here that hasn't been documented.

alt: is there a 'local' genealogy society there Seventies Soulchild? If so, perhaps you can get a 'special interest group' SIG started on AA genealogy & research.

daviss: that would be nice seventies

Seventies Soulchild: alt, you don't know these people like I do. I'd be better off starting something myself.

alt: okay Seventies Soulchild

vkn: Good idea seventies if there is already a wheel why invent one lol

daviss: like vkn seventies, she spearheads a group in her complex

Seventies Soulchild: ah okay

alt: this is how the St. Louis group and the Columbus, OH groups got started... as SIG's within the local genealogy societies. and then they 'branched' off into their own entities once they got their feet on the ground.

vkn: Then everyone wins and the hosting group has given birt etc

daviss: Selma!!! hi there

vkn: Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy Selma

Selma: Good Tuesday afternoon folks

alt: are you being 'fashionably' late Selma? LOL lOL

Selma: Being fashionably late cause of doc appointments.. LOL

alt: good news, we hope

vkn: Medically late lol

daviss: good reports

Selma: You said it good vkn.. LOL Yep..good reports, I am being a good patient

Seventies Soulchild: goodness gracious! The phone is ringing off the hook!

alt: well now,,, we hope you're healing okay, but 'good' patient

daviss: great Selma !

vkn: BTW alt what about Anita is she all done?

Selma: Have you figured out why my links weren't hot in Reconstruction Forum vkn?

vkn: Yes selma will phone you on those

Selma: Don't call me this afternoon .. I need a nap

Seventies Soulchild: Hey Selma

vkn: okies selma

Selma: Hi sevenites

vkn: See yall 2 nite

Seventies Soulchild: Alright I'm going to have to get out of here. Its getting ridiculously busy.

daviss: I better head out also later

Seventies Soulchild: Have an enjoyable day.

Selma: Have a good day folks... Talk to you all tonite.

alt: Oops, Seventies Soulchild 's gone .. Hayden was the name of the AA family at WP.

18 Dec 2002 :: 1 Feb 2009
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy