Try a new Ancestry.com Membership!

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

Footnote.com

Note: Please follow the link(s) on the navigation bar below to search additional messages that have been archived to conserve space. If no link is visible, no messages have been archived on this board.

2011-08-27 Storm • TomS • More

*SatNiteChat

Start: 21:15:51
End: 22:14:02
Chatters: 3rdthawkins, alt, AYWalton, bearnut2, deannie, Ingrid_Doweary, Khathu, Seventies Soulchild, vkn

3rdthawkins: hello alt

alt: hello 3rdthawkins .... how are ya? has Irene affected you yet?

3rdthawkins: man, trying to get pass this rain, we are getting the rain part, and hoping it's not a lot, we are suppose to expect a flood, but we live on a hill, so it may not affect our apt. bld, but may "block" us in.......hoping electricity doens't go off on us

alt: wishing you the best....

3rdthawkins: the eye of the storm just left N.C. is in SE VA, we are getting the wind and rain.......thx

alt: guess Selma, AYWalton, DRU & the east coast folks are 'waiting it out tonite too.

3rdthawkins: yeah, those in...well, there's Seventies, I was gonna say in NY

Seventies Soulchild: Good evening 3rd and alt

alt: Hello Seventies Soulchild, how are ya?

3rdthawkins: Hope they are hanging tight....I am thinking about them

Seventies Soulchild: doing good. There is no additional rain expected up here.

3rdthawkins: you guys are gonna miss it, right 70's?? or it's gonna miss you???

Seventies Soulchild: yes, but will hit NYC, Long Island (AmosNY), Westchester County, Putnam Co. but it will just miss us. whew!

3rdthawkins: I have plenty of fam on Long Island, hope they are doing well, I see a couple/few on FB hello vkn

vkn: Good night Irene

alt: Seventies Soulchild, your Tom Smith is in the Woodson book "Free Negro Heads of Families - 1830 Dallas Co., AL age bet 36-55 & 14 folks in the household. Hello vkn, ope you safe & ok.

3rdthawkins: was worried about my dad last nite, but after talking to him this morning, I know he is doing ok and will be ok

vkn: All safe here

alt: good vkn

3rdthawkins: yeah, I hear, nice and sunny, 90 something degrees in ATL

Seventies Soulchild: alt sounds like him... is there anyway you could possibly e-mail me that info??

AYWalton: Good evening all. from a soggy Maryland.

Seventies Soulchild: Hi AYWalton... soggy up here too but no wind.

vkn: Hope safety abounds for 3rd alt seventies and AYW

alt: I can copy the page from the book and send it to you in an email Seventies Soulchild

Seventies Soulchild: I certainly would appreciate that alt. alt, question does the book indicate a race or color of the HOH's?

alt: The title states they are "Negro" Seventies Soulchild ... he is also listed in th Free Negro Owners of Slaves in the U.S. in 1830 ... w/ 4 slaves & 14 others in the household.

Seventies Soulchild: It must be him, the 4 slaves must be the 2nd wife Charity & their children at that time. The rest of the people could be the others who were manumitted along with him.

alt: I would think the 4 slaves are other than his 'family' Seventies Soulchild

Seventies Soulchild: I do know that he had to buy his 2nd wife and their children.I was making my statement based on that info. I will have to look more into it.

alt: if you have Ancestry.com there should be a breakout by gender & age of those in his household in the 1830 & later census records.

Seventies Soulchild: oh okay.

3rdthawkins: hello Ingrid, how are you hanging??

AYWalton: howdy Ingrid. how are things down in DC?

vkn: That is Dallas County Alabama Seventies?

alt: Hello Ingrid_Doweary, how you doing?

AYWalton: Hopefully not too bad other than rain.

Seventies Soulchild: I did see them in the census, but it didn't have any of that information. Not quite sure of what year I was looking at. Yes vkn, these people lived in Dallas County.

3rdthawkins: I know you guys gettin' it rough Ingrid, praying the best for you all

Seventies Soulchild: Hey Ingrid_Doweary. How are you all doing in D.C.?

vkn: AYW are you hurricane free

3rdthawkins: I think it died down though????

Ingrid_Doweary: Hey 3rd, Alt, AYWalton, Seventies and Vkn. We are hanging in here. The wind and rain are kicking up. How are you all doing?

vkn: Howdy Ingrid

alt: Ancestry has added those family breakouts in the early census records just this past few months Seventies Soulchild

AYWalton: doing ok, here in Baltimore---wind picking up and TONS of rain.

Seventies Soulchild: ok yes, I looked at that some time ago, I'll take another look. Thanks!

3rdthawkins: rain seem like it stopped here, wind still going, so doing ok for now

Seventies Soulchild: MD has had a bit rain and snow this year...

Ingrid_Doweary: "family breakouts?" Yes they have. You folks okay there in NY, Seventies?

3rdthawkins: hope Selma is dong ok

alt: the census before 1850 only listed head of houshold by name Ingrid_Doweary, Ancestry only recently started showing the gender & sex of the others in the household... still no names

Seventies Soulchild: Yes we just had rain ahead of this storm. nothing is supposed to hit our area until Sunday AM

Ingrid_Doweary: I was thinking about Selma and Dru. It was good to see the local regional leaders speak publicly. Oh okay.

3rdthawkins: free is in NC also, isn't she?? they got hit hard

vkn: yuppers re free and NC

Ingrid_Doweary: Yeah I did think about her also. Which part of NC is she located?

Seventies Soulchild: Yes she is VA Beach and Hampton Roads got hit hard from what was shown on TV

vkn: Raleigh I believe

3rdthawkins: wow, hope all is well with her, praying to see her name pop in the next week

Ingrid_Doweary: Yes, the news broadcast kept showing Kill Devil Hill, NC.

alt: so maybe we won't see Selma & Dru this evening... hope they are okay.

AYWalton: I spoke with Dru earlier. She is fine, but said she heard something maybe a limb hit the roof. but she is fine.

Seventies Soulchild: wow. This storm will spawn tornadoes too...

3rdthawkins: oh lord, a few deaths occurred that way, hope she is ok

vkn: AYW granddaughter is in your area. She was involved in moving last patients from Walter Reed

Ingrid_Doweary: Oh glad to hear Dru is okay. Thanks AY for sharing info with us.

AYWalton: yes a few were seen in Delaware, but I don't think any touched down.

3rdthawkins: yep 70 's

alt: hello deannie, how are ya?

AYWalton: I see. Hope she is safe, vkn.

Ingrid_Doweary: I heard about that a couple of time on the news. vkn

3rdthawkins: hello deannie

AYWalton: howdy deannie?

deannie: evening all

vkn: howdy deannie

Ingrid_Doweary: Hey Deannie, how are you?

alt: evening Ms deannie

Ingrid_Doweary: Are you okay, 3rd?

deannie: Hi 3rd,vkn,alt,seventies,aywalton,ingrid

3rdthawkins: yes, doing ok Ingrid, thx, rain seem to have stopped for the moment

Ingrid_Doweary: Okay. Good hear you're okay. I suspect this brings back memories.

3rdthawkins: I think we're suppose to expect power to go out, don't know when though, overnight suppose to get worse

Seventies Soulchild: alt my e-mail address is

3rdthawkins: boy Ingrid_Doweary, tornado, earthquake, and now hurricane in just about 3 months......I need a vacation lol

Seventies Soulchild: I bet you do!

alt: gotcha Seventies Soulchild, will get those photocopies in the mail to ya over the weekend.

Ingrid_Doweary: Hey Deannie have you heard anything about the murder investigation of Officer Micheal R. Bailey?

Seventies Soulchild: I truly appreciate it alt

alt: yw Seventies Soulchild

deannie: I think I heard that they have a suspect......but I'm not sure.....

Seventies Soulchild: What is going on in Chicago? There are shootings daily. Some of my people are trying to get out of the city. I also heard that the city was doing away with the low income housing and sending those people out to the suburbs and putting the tax burden on those people.

Ingrid_Doweary: That's all I heard. He was married to one of my cousins. 70s, Bailey was one of the 3 or 4 police officers slain in Chicago last year.

Seventies Soulchild: ok... I was being word lazy...so I don't want anyone to get the misconception that I have something against the people who are low income

AYWalton: Have to run folks, was just popping in for a few. Have a good evening and stay safe and dry everyone.

Ingrid_Doweary: Seventies, the re-gentrification has been going for years- decades. in Chicago.

deannie: Chicago has beening putting low income in other area.....I do not know what to think about the shooting

Khathu: good evening everyone

Ingrid_Doweary: Hey Kathu.

Seventies Soulchild: hey Khathu

3rdthawkins: hello Khathu, how are you???

alt: hello Khathu, how are ya?

vkn: howdy khathu are you safe

Khathu: i'm good

deannie: Hi Khathu

3rdthawkins: that's good Khathu, take care over there

vkn: wunnerful

alt: but are ya safe Khathu LOL lOL

vkn: lol

Khathu: yes

3rdthawkins: the brotha does seem chill

alt: now that's good Khathu

Ingrid_Doweary: Glad to hear that, Khathu.

3rdthawkins: anyone know if RFK stadium doing ok??? 'Skin's don't need any reason not to do well this year :}

Seventies Soulchild: dunno

Ingrid_Doweary: I haven't heard anything yet except it's closed during this inclemate weather.

vkn: y'all stay safe

Ingrid_Doweary: You too, Vkn.

3rdthawkins: can't wait til it all pass by, I just wish it wasn't going up to NY and Mass., and Del, etc.

Ingrid_Doweary: I see your point 3rd.

3rdthawkins: Ingrid, you do any mor searches on google for books about D.C, found quite a few

Seventies Soulchild: I saw earlier that the LOC website is down for 'maintenance'.

alt: Seventies Soulchild, any idea of how your Tom Smith became an FPOC in AL prior to 1830? and did his family stay in the South?

Seventies Soulchild: He was manumitted by his owner Baxter Smith in 1829 upon his death. The 14 people in his household may be the others who were manumitted along with him. His descendants did stay in the south until my father's generation. Some are still there.

Ingrid_Doweary: I haven't recentlhy because I been reading some official Civil War Documents about some of the USCTs.

alt: okay.. an dif he was between 36 & 55 in 1830 this means he was born in the late 1700's, right?

Seventies Soulchild: Yes late 1700's. I do also know that he probably came with Baxter Smith from Georgia.

alt: laters 3rdthawkins

Seventies Soulchild: bye 3rd

alt: Wow!! that could be some kind of a story Seventies Soulchild

Seventies Soulchild: Yes it does sound so interesting. My cousin Margaret has done much of the work, but she does ask me for docs and photos. And she also shares a lot with me.

bearnut2: I'm good! Remembered there was a chat tonite. :) So when is the book coming out Seventies Soulchild ? ;)

alt: think I'll call it a nite y'all .. hope to see you in the Sunday Brunch Chat.

bearnut2: welcome back Ingrid

Ingrid_Doweary: Thanks Bearnut. Niters Alt.

bearnut2: nite alt

Seventies Soulchild: lol we both got put out at the same time...

bearnut2: lol

Seventies Soulchild: What I said before getting disconnected was I've been asking my cousin Margaret the same thing about the book.

Ingrid_Doweary: I was having difficulty typing in the message box.

bearnut2: Ahh--hope its soon--sounds like a great story!

Seventies Soulchild: soooooo......

bearnut2: lol

deannie: I have to run....just with everyone in the morning...be safe

Seventies Soulchild: I'm experiencing the same thing...

bearnut2: Everyone must be worn out tonite--I know I am

Seventies Soulchild: I suspect I will be put out sometime soon...lol

Ingrid_Doweary: You safe where you areBearbut2?

bearnut2: lol BearBUT2??? lol lol lol

Seventies Soulchild: lol

bearnut2: lol yep i'm safe here in St. Louis

Ingrid_Doweary: areBearbut2?=are bearnut2? Sorry

bearnut2: thanks for the belly laugh Ingrid_Doweary lol

Seventies Soulchild: Well I spent some time going over some old drafts for blog posts I had... I'm going to update them and schedule them to be posted sometime tomorrow

Ingrid_Doweary: Glad to hear it. You're welcome.

bearnut2: Thanks for the reminder Seventies Soulchild --I need to update my blog

Seventies Soulchild: I'm also going have upcoming blog posts for my Family Griot blog, the FG Repository blog and working on getting the Rounds Family Blog up to date.

bearnut2: WOW! I can't even keep up with one blog!

Seventies Soulchild: bearnut2, I have lots of drafts. So I go back periodically to see if I have any new info on the subject, if so I go back and finish writing. I have several that are sitting in limbo right now.

Ingrid_Doweary: The drafts idea is a good one.

Seventies Soulchild: The Family Griot Repository are just AA records relevent to Adams Co. and Wilkinson Co. MS.

bearnut2: Thats a good idea--i think I'll try that. That way if I'm "on a roll" I can just save them for later.

Seventies Soulchild: exactly! It'll buy you some time to do research in other areas when you are at a lull.

Khathu: good night everyone

bearnut2: nite Khathu

Ingrid_Doweary: Niters khathu

Seventies Soulchild: dang he left here quickly.

Ingrid_Doweary: Niters Bearnut2 and Seventies. Take care.

bearnut2: g'nite Ingrid_Doweary

Seventies Soulchild: nite Ingrid

bearnut2: and I guess I'll say good nite too Have a good nite Seventies Soulchild

Seventies Soulchild: Yes I'll turn off the lights.. lol Nite bearnut2

18 Dec 2002 :: 1 Feb 2009
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy