Try a new Ancestry.com Membership!

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

Footnote.com

Note: Please follow the link(s) on the navigation bar below to search additional messages that have been archived to conserve space. If no link is visible, no messages have been archived on this board.

2010-05-31

* LunchBunch

Start: 12:07:23
End: 14:24:26
Chatters: 3rdthawkins, alt, deannie, Ingrid_Doweary, Khathu, ProfessorDru, Seventies Soulchild, silversgrace, vicky, vkn

vicky: ok you two, get back here lol

Khathu: hello everyone

vicky: hello khathu! How are you doing khathu

Khathu: i'm okay vicky and yourself?

vicky: doing good khathu! hi alt!

Khathu: glad to hear that

alt: Hello All, Happ memorial Day

Khathu: hello alt

vicky: Same to you!

alt: y'all ain't Q-ing today? or is that later?

vicky: not I alt! mabe head out to the movies with the kids

alt: okay, Anita & I are going to a cookout in Columbus later this PM... Her sister and their families

vicky: can folks from Ohio Q lol

Khathu: I spent the last two days at cook out

alt: you betcha we can vicky LOL

Khathu: alt - there is a movement to get more AA to join the Sons of the Republic of Texas

vicky: Alright then! lol

alt: so you're Q'ed out, huh Khathu ?

Khathu: or let me say there was discussions about it

alt: wonderful Khathu .. and you're the 'pace setter'

Khathu: i am missing CA/TX bar-b-que

vicky: what is their criteria khathu

3rdthawkins: hello alt Khathu Seventies and vicky

alt: that is good for documenting the fact that AA's were in TX... regardless of their status, they still nedd to be counted.

Khathu: the criteria is to have an ancestors to was a resident of the Republic of Texas

alt: Hello 3rdthawkins

vicky: ok

Khathu: the documentation requirement is lax

3rdthawkins: no Q-ing today alt, but I did grill yesterday.......my first time, food was good :)

alt: what year is the deadline Khathu ?

Seventies Soulchild: Hi 3rd, alt, Kathu, vicky

vicky: dang 3rd, your first time!

alt: you're a natural 3rdthawkins LOL

Khathu: 1846

Seventies Soulchild: lol

alt: there you go vicky in TX before 1846....

Seventies Soulchild: I'm taking a break from cleaning and setting up for our BBQ today.

vicky: ok well that lets me out lol

alt: Hope the Anniversary Dinner went well Seventies Soulchild

Seventies Soulchild: Oh it did. we got lots of free food! lol

Khathu: FedEx me some of that NY Que

Seventies Soulchild: lol

Khathu: i am not impressed with the DC/MD que

Seventies Soulchild: My bro and sis in law used to work with the owner and the chef. Actually Khathu our bbq is Alabama... ;)

Khathu: thats even better...i give you my FedEx account number..... lol

Seventies Soulchild: Tx BBQ is off the chain though... Rudy's in San Antonio

alt: Alabama.. those death records on Familysearch are proving to be a gold mine for my grandkids Alabama ancestors.

vicky: I used to love my next door neighbors Q when I lived in Ok. He had a huge pit he dug in the ground

Seventies Soulchild: Yes it is alt. Found a lot of good info there. So he was a recycler, huh? lol

vicky: He b-q'd in a pit and made Chock in his tornado celler lol He was quite the character

Seventies Soulchild: lol sounds like

alt: I don't Q anymore... I just Eat LOL

Seventies Soulchild: LOL

vicky: lol lol

Seventies Soulchild: Sounds good to me alt

alt: Age has it's privileges LOL

Seventies Soulchild: I'm still looking for Scott Washington was going line by line some last night and this morning since I was up at 5am

alt: on census images Seventies Soulchild?

Seventies Soulchild: I did take note that the census was from 1 June 1879 to 31 May 1880

vicky: I saw your post on FB seventies..welcome to the Line by Liners Club lol

3rdthawkins: speaking of familySearch and looking for people, I found a puzzling record for Alex Isley, marrying a Dora Wood in 1901 Rockwall County, TX I had already found two marriage records for him in Hempstead Co. AR

Seventies Soulchild: lol well its a bit difficult looking here on ancestry going line by line

vicky: I am the president, thank you very much

Seventies Soulchild: You're not just a member, but the President! LOL LOL LOL

vicky: yep@seventies

Seventies Soulchild: alt I was looking in 1880 I thought that would be the best place to start since he was married in 1881 in Wilkinson County

3rdthawkins: also, I decided to do a little work on Hicks and Vaughn.....not related by blood but marriage/step......

alt: don't do line by line anymore on images.... just look for all AA's ina county, twp. or whatever and let the indexer find them for me... catches a lot of squirrled up spellings

3rdthawkins: the only hard part about that alt is that some of those names don't up come up

Seventies Soulchild: Yes sometimes, but I do recall where I was trying to conclusively prove that the Hinyards and McFarlands were related.

vicky: hello vkn

alt: if they were in the county and counted they come up 3rdthawkins

Seventies Soulchild: Milly McFarland was on the census as Willie McFarland and a man.

vkn: Hey hey hey

3rdthawkins: I was looking for a name yesterday on Familysearch just to see what their spelling of the name was, and for the life of me, can't figure out what name to put in to make it come up

alt: Hello vkn

vkn: alt, vicky

3rdthawkins: that was on familysearch 1880 census.............................hello vkn

alt: oh not family search, but

Seventies Soulchild: Which was absolutely incorrect. I checked the D.O.B. and it all matched up

3rdthawkins: oh, ok

Khathu: hello vkn

vicky: somethimes those enumerators just ditto'd down

alt: Ancestry for Census 3rdthawkins

Seventies Soulchild: Willie was living with her cousin Ione (Sp?) Hinyard

vkn: 3rd, khathu, seventies

3rdthawkins: oh, ok, gotcha alt

Seventies Soulchild: Hi vkn Yea vicky, it was all messed up and turned around.

vicky: alt, sometimes I do both, and find some on HQ that dont come up on Ancestry.

alt: I've also been using the given names of parents w/wildcards only for census searches by county.

Seventies Soulchild: alt, I can't stand the wildcard I ALWAYS get an error of too many matches.

vicky: how are you Ms vkn?

alt: use'em all vicky... indexed lists are just a little easier on the eyes IMHO LOL

vicky: I would agree alt

Seventies Soulchild: That's on Ancestry

3rdthawkins: gotta play around with it Seventies, I didn't understand it at first, but got a hang of it

vkn: alt sure hope you b writing all that stuff down for use in yo chat sessions to be used whenever we can get room to work ok You 2 Khathu

alt: must be using too many asterisks or sumpin' Seventies Soulchild, I swear by wildcards

Seventies Soulchild: No I'll do a search like S* Washington Mississippi 1858

vkn: vicky I be a tad tired BUT so it goes

3rdthawkins: after at least three letters Seventies Soulchild not one

alt: need 3 letters eithr in front of back of asterisk Seventies Soulchild

Seventies Soulchild: Hey wildcards work on everyone computer program EXCEPT Ancestry lol

vicky: u gotta get some rest vkn..plate too full

Seventies Soulchild: Sounds like it. . .

vkn: hit be running ober lol

vicky: and ober and ober vkn

vkn: lol

Seventies Soulchild: vicky loved your post on FB

vicky: which one seventies

Seventies Soulchild: the Memorial Day post. I finally got around to adding a new entry on my blog. . .

vicky: Oh yes! It was nice wasn't it powerful

Seventies Soulchild: Yes very Short, but sweet.

alt: vicky writes extremely well IMHO LOL

Seventies Soulchild: Yes she does

vicky: I did not write that alt it was a video

vkn: I keep telling vicky that

Seventies Soulchild: I just have not been motivated to write anything. . .

alt: you still write well vciky..:{

Seventies Soulchild: I'm getting decent info, but not quite sure how to write about it because honestly I have more questions than answers.

alt: :{

Seventies Soulchild: Yes she does

vicky: thanks but I really hmmmmmmm oh well thanks

vkn: Now thats theway to say it vicky

vicky: spelling doen't count alt lol @ vkn

alt: write vicky..spelin' don't count

Seventies Soulchild: http://thefamilygriot.blogspot.com/2010/05/memorial-day-monday-in-honor-of-family.html

vicky: hehehehehe

Seventies Soulchild: I see that ProfessorDru is writing her own version of WDYTYA

vkn: So who is cooking Q today

vicky: nice picture of your granddad seventies not me vkn

Seventies Soulchild: He is a handsome fella... lol Maybe I could hook vkn and him up... ;)

vkn: alt when gender on TP is showing in error... how to correct? Delete the person?

alt: yeah, I gotta let Dru know about some Bullocks I have in Edgecombe co, NC... might be related to her bullocks... and I have an Andrew Bullock

Seventies Soulchild: ok that was a joke. . .

vicky: lol lol lol

vkn: Seventies did you not hear vicky say my plate be full already. shet yo mouf chile lol lol lol

vicky: lol lol

alt: if person entered in TP it can be changed there vkn... if entered by GEDCOM it has to be corrected thru a new GEDCOM

vkn: ahhhhhhh okies

vicky: looks like hit be shet vkn

vkn: lol lol

alt: But you can olaso delte the person in TP, then add them with the corrected gender

vkn: Thanx alt I have been deleting and adding back

vicky: I need to add some more names to mine also

alt: that works vkn... just make sure you don't lose all of the related information when you do the delete procedure

vkn: Howdy ayw Yes alt I learned that the hard way

alt: Hello that's tough, but a sure nuff 'well learned lesson' vkn LOL

vicky: I wish I knew how to add my own music to mine alt

vkn: The gender thing looked good at first glance then when printing FGS it would show what would be M as F

alt: you can vicky, by going to one of those upload thingeees' I had Miles on mine, but had to take it down due to the ASCAP royalty situtaion.

vicky: oh really, did it give the warning

alt: no, sumpin I read on Terry Ligon's site.

vicky: okayyyyy

3rdthawkins: I wouldn't think it should be a problem alt

alt: he got a warning

vkn: Yeah seventies the napster cops are on their job

alt: I didn't either 3rdthawkins, just being safe cause I ain't got no 'spare' change LOL

vkn: Yeah 3rd the napster cops are on their job sorry bout that seventies

Khathu: have a great memorial day everyone

vicky: u2

3rdthawkins: well, the same problem was with myspace

Seventies Soulchild: ok I stepped away for a moment...

deannie: Happy Holiday everyone

alt: hi deannie,,, Happy Memorial Day

vkn: Howdy deannie

vicky: hello deannie!

3rdthawkins: people had to take the music off..........you would have to go to myspace's music collection to get the music or something

Seventies Soulchild: Oh no... did I have to take off my music?

3rdthawkins: hello deannie

Seventies Soulchild: Are you talking about that Imeem situation, 3rd? That was a mess. :{

alt: you hanging with the Pres. in DA windy ciity deannie

Seventies Soulchild: hi deannie

3rdthawkins: I think so Seventies

Seventies Soulchild: that made me mad as you can tell lol

vkn: Have a good one yall

vicky: u2 vkn

3rdthawkins: ok vkn

vicky: I sure wish I could find a new surname in my line to work on..

3rdthawkins: lol vicky, I'm starting on two lines that aren't related by blood..........Hicks by marriage (grgr aunt in law) and Vaughn (gr step uncle)

alt: go to my TP site and pick one vicky LOL LOL

3rdthawkins: lol alt

vicky: You all missed what I said' In MY line lol

Seventies Soulchild: Ok y'all I gotta run BBQ is calling. . . Have a good day!

3rdthawkins: enjoy Seventies

vicky: laters

alt: start working thosein-laws vicky

vicky: same ole story alt. The maiden names are the issue

deannie: chicago has been rained out for outside too....we had a bad storm last night and it raining real hard now...we BBQ yesterday

3rdthawkins: but what I'm saying vicky, is I'm bored like you, need something to do, and am having a problem looking for Roxie Hicks (my grgr granduncle's wife).........I found two DC's, one looks to be her, but I'm not sure

vicky: I found some Ware's but cant tie them together

3rdthawkins: found her in 1900 with her first husband, but I had already seen that one, just didn't work on it.........I found her first husband's family in 1880 and 1870 (Vaughn)

alt: work on the in-law lines of ancestral siblings

vicky: If that country church had records that were reachable mabe it would not be so bad

alt: I try to use DC's to find maiden names for in-laws and then look at census records for neighbors with that surname for daughters

vicky: what would be awesome is a book that the midwives had

3rdthawkins: hello ProDru

vicky: I found one name on a BC for a midwife but could not locate her in the census

ProfessorDru: hey gang

vicky: hello Dru I was wondering if this person was a family member especially since I had midwives in my family at the same time of that particular birth How's it going prof Dru I found my great aunts husbands folks 3rd started researching them when I found his mothers DC Surname Mortons/Moten from Pittsburg Texas ok ya'll muti taskers lol I am outta here. have a great day. Thanks Alt for your service and you also deannie

deannie: No problem

alt: me too

deannie: 3rd....I guess will call it to ....have a great day

Ingrid_Doweary: Sorry I missed you guys. Have a great day.

silversgrace: hi everyone

18 Dec 2002 :: 1 Feb 2009
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy