Try a new Ancestry.com Membership!

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

Footnote.com

Note: Please follow the link(s) on the navigation bar below to search additional messages that have been archived to conserve space. If no link is visible, no messages have been archived on this board.

2011-05-07 SatNiteChat

*SatNiteChat

Start: 21:20:02
End: 22:17:35
Chatters: alt, Ingrid_Doweary, jhonora, Khathu, ryan, Selma, vkn

jhonora: Evening alt

alt: hello jhonora, want some company?

jhonora: I'm glad you showed up, I thought I had missed a memo lol

alt: nope, they're on CP time tihis evening... have you been following the thread on Afrigeneas .. royalty?

jhonora: No, what royalty?

alt: there iis a thread dealing with the Royal Family of England.. and the fellow La Tour has interjected his 'royal' linegae. and also his SCV status as the first AA from Okla in an SCV chapter.

jhonora: Harrison LaTour is crazy!

alt: WAs the unit he speaks of from LA the one that became the Corpe De' Afrique (sp) ?

jhonora: He and I exchanged at least a dozen emails, because he had incorrect information on some of my LeBlanc folks. I doubt it, his people are from southwest La.

alt: okay,

jhonora: Evening ryan

ryan: Hello all

alt: hello ryan, how are ya? is your family in Memphis okay? Hello Ms Selma, how you doing?

ryan: boy, its been a long time.

Selma: Good eveningalt, jhonora and ryan

jhonora: Evening Selma

ryan: I've been so busy at work, I've just not had time these last few months Alt, thanks for asking. Not sure about Memphis yet I was going to send something out to them on Facebook

Selma: Saw the pictures on TV today about Memphis..it looks bad and the water hasn't crested yet

ryan: (We have a private family group we communicate there_

alt: Selma, I went to a great CW150 symposium today..... dealt with the period leading up to the Cw from a 'northern' anti-slavery perspective.

Selma: Thats sounds great alt...

alt: bout 150-250 folks in attendence, sorry to say only myself and 1 other AA.

Selma: Sons of the Confederacy...lordy, lordy

ryan: I needed to try to get back here to my passion while I can... (diversion)

alt: yes, we were speaking of La tour & his posts on AfriGeneas.

Selma: Well ryan..you can usually find us here..we obviously have no other life.. LOL Who was the speaker or speakers alt? Evening Ingrid

jhonora: Evening Ingrid

alt: Selma, there were four, I can send you the flyer if you like.

ryan: Hi Ingrid

Ingrid_Doweary: Hey Alt, Jhonora, Ryan and Selma

alt: Hello Ingrid_Doweary

Selma: Did he correct the info on your LeBlanc folks jhonora

jhonora: No, he refused to accept what I presented. He linked them to some of his LeBlancs.

Selma: Jeez

jhonora: I think he claims descent from Charlemagne or connection to Napoleon, something crazy like that.

Selma: LOL

alt: Wasn't one of the guys in the O.J. Simpson trial a LaBlanc?

Selma: Who is the Creole Network person...that Lisa responded too

alt: that's him Selma

Selma: Oh... Thats goes to show..it went right over my head.. LOL

alt: he's 'royalty' & a SCV member, the 1st AA member from Okla.

jhonora: The sad thing is that many folks link up with crackpots like LaTour before real Creole researchers, the end up confused and with a bad taste.

alt: jhonora, I'm wondering, is his surname really La Tour? or is that the name he choses as a 'noted genealogist'.... his words

Selma: Noted by who?

jhonora: I think he is really LaTour, I think. I know he has ties to the Creole community in Okmulgee, Ok.

alt: that's the way he described himself when he identified who the Creole Network is .. as asked by Lisa. okay jhonora, thanks

Selma: Well as we all know..on the internet "you" can declare yourself and expert and noted.. LOL

alt: seems he has done exactly that Selma

Selma: Well he wouldn't be the only one..

alt: nope

Selma: Somehow..calling yourself "creole" and living in Oklahoma..doesn't quite have the same ring..as being in NO

alt: jhonora, his CW connection must be from another family line.... I don't think royalty goes into a war as a 'private'. perhaps I'm wrong in that regard

Selma: As my sister in law once said...claiming royalty..and not being able to say "off with his head"..don't amount to much

jhonora: Selma, they have a pretty nice sized community in and around Okmulgee and Muskogee. They made their own parish after they arrived, Ugandan Martyrs. They give zydecos and still maintain ties to in and around Mallet, La.

alt: and his royal lineage would be of the 'illegitimate' variety, or that of lacking wedlock, right?

jhonora: Yes, alt, he is the product of several relationship that were not marriages.

Khathu: good evening everyone

alt: hello Khathu...

Ingrid_Doweary: I have a question regarding conference ettiquette and behavior. Hey Khathu.

Selma: Good evening Khathu Well ask Ingrid...was someone throwing tomatoes?

alt: e is anything wrong with those relationships ... you can't chose your ancestry, or your legitimacy... I know, I'm an out-of-wedlock child.

Selma: Nope alt

alt: but I don't think you 'flaunt' you connection thru the 'accident of birth'.

Ingrid_Doweary: I was in a workshop listening to the presenter and someone behinding was doing something that interfered with my ability to hear the presenter. What is the appropriate behavior to politely encourage the other attendee to stop the disruption?

Selma: What did you do Ingrid?

Khathu: you should turned around and asked to be quiet because you can not hear the presenter

Ingrid_Doweary: When I slightly turned my head, the person began chatting "patience is a virtue." When I turned back to the front, she repeated the chant saying yes you. I turned around and told her I couldn't hear. She interrupted by continuing to chant along with the disruptive activity she was performing.

Selma: Why was she even in the room?

jhonora: Sounds like the person had bad understanding

Khathu: then you should have gotten loud and embarrassed (sp) her/him that was the time for you to pull out your clown suit

alt: not that it matters, but was this in a large or a small setting?

Ingrid_Doweary: My observation is that she didn't care and was attempt to draw me into a confrontation. As this occurred at the Family History Center in Kensington, MD, it appeared to me that this individual was trying to draw attend to me to present me as the problem. It was small room in a genealogy workshop.

alt: and what was the 'composition' of the audience, racially?

Ingrid_Doweary: Most anglo with about 4-5 folks of african descent during a native american genealogy workshop.

jhonora: Was this person one of us?

Ingrid_Doweary: Yes Jhonora.

jhonora: You should have used a few chosen words my grandfather used to say.

Selma: Did she do this through the whole presentation?

jhonora: "J'ai pitie' de ta mere parce qu'elle fait un negre betasse." "I pity your mamma 'cause she made a foolish n*gger"

Ingrid_Doweary: She stopped after about 2 mins. I decided to focus harder to listen to the presenter and not say anything else to her since she called me out before I even started to say anything to her. In my opinion, she was behaving quite n*g**rish. It was unnecessary.

Selma: Some folks are just rude Ingrid

Ingrid_Doweary: When the presentation was over I didn't acknowledge her presence. And they don't see any problem with it, either Selma.

Selma: Was the presentation any good Ingrid? Who was the presenter?

Ingrid_Doweary: On a lighter note, Robyn Smith's presentation on Court Records and Bernice Bennett's presentation on Federal Land Records were excellent. Margo Lee Williams presented the Native American Genealogy workshop. I thought it was quite informative. Would have liked to heard what I missed though. Hey Vkn, how are you?

jhonora: Evening vkn

vkn: howdy yall

Selma: Evening vkn

vkn: doing good lots a company whew

Selma: LOL I am suprised you are here vkn..thought you were acting as the Hostess with the Mostest

vkn: that has gotten tired selma lol lol

Selma: I have had a housefull off and on for the past 3 weeks..so I understand.. LOL

vkn: lol Fun and enjoyable none the less

Selma: Well this Hostess..is going to bed..see you all tomorrow..LOL

Khathu: good night Selma

vkn: Just wanted to say hello before hitting the sack

Khathu: i am heading to bed as well good night everyone

Ingrid_Doweary: Take care Khathu.

vkn: okies yall talk soon ingrid and jhonora

Ingrid_Doweary: Good nite. Vkn

jhonora: Well I'm headed out too

Ingrid_Doweary: Good nite, Jhonora

jhonora: Nite!

18 Dec 2002 :: 1 Feb 2009
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy