Try a new Ancestry.com Membership!

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

Footnote.com

Note: Please follow the link(s) on the navigation bar below to search additional messages that have been archived to conserve space. If no link is visible, no messages have been archived on this board.

2011-03-11 WDYTYA

~WDYTYA

~WDYTYA

Start: 20:02:30
End: 21:00:49
Chatters: 3rdthawkins, AYWalton, evpace, Ingrid_Doweary, Khathu, Selma

Ingrid_Doweary: Hey evpace. How are you?

AYWalton: Good evening, ladies! howdy evpace, and howy Ingrid!

Ingrid_Doweary: Hey AYWalton.

evpace: Hi there,we have a repeat

Ingrid_Doweary: Yeah I see, I don't understand why they did that.

AYWalton: Yes a repeat. Not sure why, either. but I thought I would come into the room anyway. are you guys watching the program?

Ingrid_Doweary: Yes, I got it on.

AYWalton: this was a strange episode.

evpace: For sure; I can take a repeat esp re the search methodokogy.

Ingrid_Doweary: :}

AYWalton: I think that there is much more to the story----Daddy asked one of the children to join him. I think he and the mother were estranged, and he could not enter the house. he is depicted as a bad guy, but I ma not so sure that he really was. After that show aired, I watched the British version online and there were some differences. hello there, khathu!!

Khathu: Hello everyone

AYWalton: how are you going?

Ingrid_Doweary: Hey Khathu

AYWalton: doing?

Khathu: tired but good.

Ingrid_Doweary: Glad to see you.

AYWalton: how are you doing, evpace?

evpace: He did not ike being married to Mary;he deserted them......character flaw rears its head as the story progresses,

AYWalton: true----BUT----there are things that this episode did not show. He had confided in his family about his marriage, and then he left. He also tried to stow away to America---he got here----but was sent back.

Ingrid_Doweary: I don't understand why george baugh's sibling and mother abandoned Kim Cattrall's mother and aunts.

AYWalton: He may have been forbidden to enter the house for some reason. remember the moths said that she remmebers that he tossed pebbles up to her window to get her attention. moths = mother what are you working on these days khathu? evpace are you going to Ft. Wayne or Little Rock conferences?

Khathu: i am preparing an article for peer review on my great grandfather

Ingrid_Doweary: Nice

evpace: Shame, expectations to help out financially and otherwise could have kept the fathers family away.

AYWalton: for which publication, khathu? that is quite true, evpace. that scene is staged.

Khathu: just for peer review not for publication

evpace: Little Rock for sure because I missed it last time AYWalton.

AYWalton: the next door neighbor should not have been expecting a knock at the door and was ready to tell her some of the history. you did not make it to Little Rock? ahhh ok. I would like to go to both---I hope to present.

evpace: Character flaw.....something going on.

AYWalton: true. he was a mystery man, for sure. funny they never looked into any criminal records for George Baugh. or maybe they did, but found nothing.

Ingrid_Doweary: Sounds like his mother banished him,

AYWalton: that is a strange story---because when they get to the Australia part, he did keep in touch with the 2nd wife's family. yes, I wonder about that. and sent pictures of his new life there. He was clearly running away from some demons himself.

evpace: Yes.

Khathu: have a good evening. i am going to retire for the night.

AYWalton: Ingrid, I have been meaning to ask you a question. Does the Civil War museum still issue certificates for people who find out they are connected to a USCT?

Ingrid_Doweary: Yes They do, AY and they haven't moved yet to their new location. Hey 3rd.

AYWalton: hello 3rd

3rdthawkins: hey AYwalton evepace and Ingrid

AYWalton: what do they have to submit? I already have certificates for mine, but the folks in Hampton are beginning to research them with fervor.

Ingrid_Doweary: You should definitely, talk with Hari Jones the curator about the requirements. Nice, AY.

AYWalton: ok the scene they are showing now---comes after a scene where she learned that he was a stow-away on a ship to New York.

evpace: hey 3rd

AYWalton: They cut it from the NBC program.

evpace: I dont remeber the stow-away part.

AYWalton: They did not show it on the American version. I watched the British version the next day. they cut if from the version that we saw here.

evpace: How do we find the British version AY?

AYWalton: go to youtube.com and type in WDYTYA, Kim Cattrall. it will come up. in small segments.

Ingrid_Doweary: Hey Selma.

Selma: Folks show up even for the Repeats.. LOL..Hi everyone

evpace: Just wondering bout ya Sel.

AYWalton: howdy Ms. Selma!!!

3rdthawkins: hey Selma

Selma: Hello everyone

AYWalton: Selma Dru says that many in the class she teaches want to research USCTs

3rdthawkins: I know right Selma, that's why I came, to see if anyone was here, these few were

AYWalton: and they are coming to the presentation next month.

Selma: Oh good...

Ingrid_Doweary: That is good news.

Selma: We talked about it last night..at the meeting last night too

AYWalton: was that where she talked about Fbook and Twitter? maybe that's the group I was thinking about.

3rdthawkins: not watching it right now, watching college b-ball and on the phone

Selma: Yes, we had a meeting last night and she presented..you know we got folks in our group who are less techie than I am..and I ain't much of one Reggie Washington spoke to our group a number of years ago..

AYWalton: and she had us waiting by our computers to tweet at her. lol

Selma: We were too busy talking and asking questions..she didn't have time to tweet

AYWalton: lol and we were just waiting and waiting.

Selma: He told us that NARA was raising the price of pension records..so one of our members paid for a bunch of them..

AYWalton: and they are expensive now.

Selma: Of the ones she ordered only one was in her family..so she has been wondering what she needed to do.. So now that is her project...

AYWalton: well I am glad they are strongly interested.

Selma: Yes, well they are interested in alot of things..its getting ourselves to do something.. LOL

evpace: Navy men....a girl in every port as they say.

AYWalton: it is interesting. he and the wife must have really had a big row.

Selma: Not necessarily..

AYWalton: she does not know the man----he was clearly on the run from something, but who knows.

Selma: He might have just wanted to leave..some folks are like that

AYWalton: true.

evpace: He was a determined,stubborn cuss I suspect.

Selma: Would you like a cup of tea..I love it

AYWalton: but he wanted to leave England the finally did. so very British isn't it?

Selma: yes..

AYWalton: and the images that we see----were taped in 2009. I caught that on the British version. Something they showed reflected 2009. and since then, her mother and aunts have met their siblings in Austrailia. I think that should be a follow up show.

Selma: Well you write the producers..but that would be great..to do a follow up on some of the segments

evpace: Just heated mine in the microwave. Sounds like he impregnated Isabella and thats why he left famiy no 1.

Selma: I was thought maybe he had met Isabella before he left...

evpace: He did in the hometown.

Selma: The images from Japan are horrific

AYWalton: they are terrible. when does the tsunami hit California?

Selma: It hit this AM...but no problems it appears

AYWalton: ahhh ok. And how about Oregon?

Selma: Haven't heard

AYWalton: the tsunami photos are so hard to see. all of that debris.

evpace: Water craft damage in both areas.

AYWalton: and the devastating fires. on the British program, they cut the scene in the American version where one of the historians pointed out how impossible it would have been to get a divorce. They were costly ventures and one had to travel to London to initiate. Hundreds of people just left.

evpace: Here in USA too.

Ingrid_Doweary: Interesting. Have a great evening folks, good nite.

Selma: Time for me to go too folks

evpace: Nite all.

AYWalton: well I am going to watch these pictures from Japan.

Selma: Nite all..

AYWalton: have a good evening.

18 Dec 2002 :: 1 Feb 2009
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy