Try a new Ancestry.com Membership!

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

Footnote.com

Note: Please follow the link(s) on the navigation bar below to search additional messages that have been archived to conserve space. If no link is visible, no messages have been archived on this board.

2011-03-10 Thursday LunchBunch

*LunchBunch

*LunchBunch

Start: 12:01:26
End: 13:30:57
Chatters: alt, AYWalton, daviss, freeaainnc, ProfDru, Selma, Seventies Soulchild, virginia, vkn

vkn: ====== =========== ================= Good Thursday to each and everyone! Howdy Doody Alt!

alt: hello vkn, how are ya today? we're early, huh?

daviss: hello alt and vkn!

vkn: d daviss

alt: Hello daviss, how's AZ?

vkn: and daviss

daviss: Az is just as ignorant as those repubs in WI

vkn: Tim Pinnick is interested to do a forum on African American Newspapers. What do yall think? I sent the request to AYW

alt: LOL @ daviss, my son says WI & OH are the two dumbest States in the Union right now, with their new governers

daviss: vkn I have been looking about two hrs this morning for Palm in 1870. so far no luck your son is right on alt

alt: keep on truckin' baby, keep on truckin' LOL

vkn: well alt and daviss after 150 years time to start the war within the states all over again lol

daviss: good idea vkn. there is always a method in doing it the right way

alt: did it ever end vkn?

daviss: I know that when I look through the newspapers vkn I have to go into them many different ways

vkn: I guess you are right alt or as an old chatter would say Sho you right

daviss: boy, Keith Ellison had me tearing up this morning

vkn: so who be Keith Ellison?

alt: another Forum? AA Newspapers would be interesting, would uou keep all of the exisitng Forums, or perhaps replace one with the AA newspaper forum?

vkn: Interesting conversation yesterday in chat on hearing and vision loss

daviss: Ellison is testifying in the hearings this morn. he is the first Muslim Arer Congressman

vkn: Perhaps replace two alt what would you recommend deleting?

alt: yes it was, small world, you mention a problem/condition and find there are others with the same or similar situations that you were never aware of. perhaps Juniors & the other least used whatever that might be... Western ???

daviss: We have a calendar so what about Announcements and Events

vkn: hmmmm

daviss: combine movies with books

vkn: good idea and support the prez never took off

daviss: hello Selma right vkn

vkn: perhaps we need an anything goes one

AYWalton: Good afternoon, all.

vkn: Howdy Selma and AYW

Selma: Good afternoon everyone..

AYWalton: howdy alt, daviss, Ms. Selma. Greetings, VKN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

daviss: health and wellness hello AYWalton

Selma: About the newspaper forum..I like..get rid of movies.. LOL

daviss: how active is World

vkn: I put the question to AYW

Seventies Soulchild: good morning/afternoon all

AYWalton: hello SoulChile, virginia

Selma: Good afternoon seventies

daviss: hello seventies and virginia

vkn: Howdy seventies and Virginia

AYWalton: Just sent you an email vkn in response.

Selma: Good afternoon virginia

virginia: Good afternoon everyone.

vkn: Thanx a big bunch AYW

alt: Hello AYWalton, Seventies Soulchild, Selma & virginia

AYWalton: alt are you feeling better?

Seventies Soulchild: hey alt, vkn, daviss, AYWalton, Selma virginia

alt: typing 'thingee' froze on me

Seventies Soulchild: uh oh

alt: still have a 'lingering' cough AYWalton, but feeling much, much better & you?

vkn: backatcha seventies

daviss: did you get your copy and paste fixed alt?

Seventies Soulchild: so what's the order of business today? :)

alt: Seventies Soulchild, have you visited Ancestry lately? I see they've added a Wilkenson Co., MS file to their AA collection. nope daviss, still a problem, one of my many LOL

Seventies Soulchild: I haven't seen that yet alt...

AYWalton: throat is getting better and not as painful as the decongestant is working. Went to see dr. yesterday, and got a meds. She tried to give me a Z-pack, but I refused. I don't need violent stomach cramps in addition to my other issues. lol

Seventies Soulchild: Went looking for it during BHM thanks for the heads up. I talked to someone last night about the Barnes family

alt: Seventies Soulchild, I think it something like Slave Ads up to about 1849 or so.

vkn: Ancestry changes daily. I can hardly keep up. Also how to make my data on ancestry private rather than public?

Seventies Soulchild: they are trying to figure out familial relations. Wish cousin Gabriel was still alive he could've help this researcher. ok.. the ads must be from the county newspaper... I'll take a look at them.

Selma: Virginia you are might quiet..just jump in.. LOL

vkn: Glad you are feeling better AYW

Seventies Soulchild: vkn, you can set your trees to private. is that what you're trying to do??

alt: ifor 'trees' or 'data' vkn?

virginia: Yes, Selma. Just trying to latch onto a few tips here today.

vkn: Yes seventies both alt

AYWalton: slowly but surely, vkn. virginia, is this your first time here?

Selma: Well we are glad to help virginia..any questions

virginia: No. Been her several times over the years.

vkn: Still concerned about the absence of didessa

Seventies Soulchild: Ok you will need to select your tree, go to tree overview click edit

vkn: ok

Seventies Soulchild: select Privacy Settings button and go from there.

virginia: Been us Afrigeneas for several years.

alt: for data you don't want for public viewing I think you have to do that in the GEDCOM file you send to Ancestry vkn, then you can make the Tree public/private.

vkn: oh ok will do thanx k

virginia: Sorry. Using Afrigeneas for several years now.

vkn: virginia you are in PA?

alt: virginia , does you last name start with an "S"?

virginia: Yes, VKN. Philadelphia

vkn: Gotcha Virginia

virginia: Yes it does alt. Sheppard

alt: ah so, thought I recognized ya virginia LOL LOL

virginia: Glad to hear it.

vkn: Welcome back Virginia you were missed but not forgotten

virginia: Just trying to catch some hints from the experts. Thanks vkn

vkn: lol Xpurt = drip under pressure lol

AYWalton: what are you working on these days, virginia?

alt: the postin on the slave Forum about Godfrey Brown, Sr. William Carson posted a link to view on the BYU network on the research done by a 3rd great-granddaughter..

virginia: Still trying Washingtons and Robinsons from Essex County Virginia.

alt: great segment... a little long, but it is one of those 'everyday perso' stories that we ask for on WDYTYA

virginia: Not going to give up. Not a lot of information out there though.

vkn: and ed adams posted a link to Lexus very interesting downloadable data I will need to check it out alt. Also yall check out that post on adoptions where person is searching Willie Bell. Has a tribal page with fewer than 10 peeps

daviss: Virginia have you read Bakers book on the Washingtons

AYWalton: ProfDru is in da house!!!

ProfDru: hello gang

vkn: howdy ProfDru

alt: hello ProfDru

virginia: No, never heard of it. Do you have the title? Hey Prof DRU

daviss: ProfDru

virginia: But I don't think they're related to General George

daviss: The Washingtons of Wessyngton Plantation by John Baker

vkn: virginia the Baker book and website is excellent. Great research

daviss: hello freeaainnc

alt: hello freeaainnc

AYWalton: I learned that John Baker was one of the background researchers for the Lionel Ritchie segment that aired last week on WDYTYA. He and Mark Lowe worked together for several months.

freeaainnc: hi

virginia: Do you know the website vkn? Hi freeaainnc. Interesting AYW.

freeaainnc: virginia - do you live in NC?

daviss: http://www.wessyngton.com/blog/tag/john-f-baker-jr/

vkn: No but I am sure daviss can point you the way

alt: oh, Mark Lowe is gonna be a presenter at OGS this year, along with Shamele, Tim, & Debbie

freeaainnc: oh, never mind. I misunderstood something lol

daviss: there you are virginia

vkn: tod ya so virginia lol

AYWalton: that should be a good conference, I am sure. They are all good presenters.

virginia: No,freeaainnc. Phila. Pa. Thank you daviss. you're right vkn.

daviss: no prob virginia

alt: usually a good one AYWalton . and this year they have a couple of panel discussion on AA's in addition to the 6-7 regualr sessions

freeaainnc: sorry virginia - I misunderstood. I have cherokee on the brain right now and thought you were looking for the Baker Roll LOL that is what happens when you come in the middle of a convo hehe

virginia: I understand freeaainnc. lol

daviss: Regina sure made someone happy on the Adoption Forum

virginia: Good.

daviss: I love those feel good stories

AYWalton: oh I have to go and read it, daviss.

ProfDru: gotta run

vkn: indeed she did

daviss: and I see that talk shows via internet is picking up Blog Talk

AYWalton: just read the post. Did Regina help the poster make the connection to the birth family?

daviss: yes she did

AYWalton: that sounds like an interesting story to talk about. or to obtain more details about. free why do you have Cherokee on the brain?

daviss: whole lotta shaking (multitasking) going on lol

freeaainnc: I was just answering a question for a patron who wanted to know about the Henderson Rolls and how they could see them

vkn: I was gonna ask the same Q AYW and thanx to you alt for getting shenequa (sp) started.

alt: just doing the job you taught me vkn LOL

vkn: lol lol

daviss: vkn can you send me the email addy for your friend the Spelman guru?

vkn: yassum who is the person you are seeking daviss

virginia: freeaainc what kind of work do you do.

daviss: I am looking for Elizabeth Perry Cannon

freeaainnc: virginia I am the genealogy reference librarian at the state library or north carolina

vkn: I think we found a very limited amount of info daviss like name in the directory

virginia: Oh. Thought it may have been something like that.

freeaainnc: that is why I was asking if you lived in NC because our library loans material to other NC libraries, but not out of state lol

virginia: Okay.

daviss: ok thx vkn

freeaainnc: course that doesn't matter since you weren't looking for the baker roll lol

vkn: but not to trust my memory daviss send me the query again

daviss: ok

Selma: Have you had much luck with your Essex County research virginia?

vkn: funny free

virginia: No, Selma. Hardly any. They say it's easy researching there. But I haven't fount that out. But, freeaainc, if I were you would have had the answer.

daviss: so your link is to George @ virginia

freeaainnc: weird, I couldn't type

virginia: daviss, I don't know. Just don't think so.

daviss: oh ok

freeaainnc: true Virginia, I would :)

virginia: Going to try that link though daviss. Maybe I'm searching and thinking wrong.

alt: are you working 'back' to Washington, or try to hook into him and work forward virginia?

Selma: What are you looking for in Essex virginia..you have this person or family back to 1870?

virginia: I was trying to work back, but stuck at ggrandmother born in 1838. Can't get any further.

vkn: yall be good

alt: okay, so you have worked back to 1838

Selma: Do you find her in 1870?

virginia: No, Selma. Can only find them in 1880. Nothing before or since. No.

Selma: What are the names in 1880..

virginia: Kittie Washington with her children George, Jacob Julia Warner and Allen. I can find some of her children since then, but nothing from 1870.

alt: she would have been 42 y/o in 1880, perhaps there are a couple of name changes between 1838 & 1880.

freeaainnc: I need to go. bye all

virginia: orry. Except who I may think to be Warner living in the household of a Theodore Carter.

AYWalton: well I had better run, folks. Have a great day.

alt: maybe a search for all AA Kittie's or (C)Katherine born ca 1840 in Essex and/or neighboring counties couls give some information.

virginia: Someopne suggested a Kitty Moody. But I am having a hard time reconciling that. I do find her under the name of Kittie Robinson listed in family search under her childrens marriage records. I've tried that too alt.

alt: okay virginia

Selma: I do see Warner in 1870

daviss: me too servant right selma

virginia: And near him is an Alfred Brown who I understand to be my grandfather Allens father. At least that was what I was taught and is on my grandfathers death cert.

alt: gotta run y'all take care.

Selma: I see the Kitty Moody in 1870...are the children Julia, Jacob and john the same names that appear in 1880?

virginia: They said his father insisted on him having his last name. Hence my maiden name-Brown. Selma Julia and Jacob are two names but no John.

daviss: john brown is the father

virginia: No, Alfred Brown is supposed to be my grandfathers' father. He's on the same census with Warner.

Selma: So we have a Kittie Moody in 1870..with 3 children Julia, Jacob and John Warner in 1870 a servant in another household In 1880 we have Kitty Washington with george, warner, Julia, and Jacob?

virginia: Yes, but Alfred is in the same area with another family. Yes, Selma and Allen

Selma: Julia, Warner and George would have been bornin slavery

virginia: Yes. Allen and Jacob wouldn't. Jacob and Julia listed a Chas Washington who died in slavery as their father. And a Kittie Robinson as their mother on family search. One problem is that they have Allen listed as being born in 1869 and that's one of the problem years for birth records.

Selma: What year do you think he was born

virginia: He said 1875.

Selma: So you have 3 possible surnames for Kitty.. Moody, Robinson, and Washington?

virginia: Yes.

Selma: Who has Allen listed as being born in 1869?

virginia: The census lists him as Allen Washington.

daviss: george is listed as a year old in 1870 with alfred Brown

virginia: The census has him listed as being born in 1869. I kept looking at that George Washington in 1870. I think it may be the wrong one.

Selma: Just because of 1 year off...

virginia: From the census it has George listed as being born in 1859.

Selma: On what record does Allen say he was born in 1875?

virginia: And George Was listed as being the oldest of Kittie's children. In subsequent censuses it has him listed as being born in 1874 or 1875. Also he was in the old mans drafr for ww II in pennsylvania where he had moved to. Census records in Phila pa for 1920 and 1930.

Selma: Ok Virginia..will have to look at them later.. I have to run..have a good day

virginia: Thank you.

Selma: We will figure this out.. right daviss.. LOL

virginia: Hope so. Thanks for your help.

daviss: yep lol

virginia: Thanks daviss.

daviss: chat with you later selma

virginia: So long.

daviss: bye

18 Dec 2002 :: 1 Feb 2009
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy