Try a new Ancestry.com Membership!

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

Footnote.com

Note: Please follow the link(s) on the navigation bar below to search additional messages that have been archived to conserve space. If no link is visible, no messages have been archived on this board.

2011-02-01 LunchBunch & TuesNite

*LunchBunch*TuesNite

*LunchBunch

Start: 12:07:03
End: 13:58:55
Chatters: 3rdthawkins, alt, AYWalton, daviss, march1801, ryan, Selma, seventies soulchild

3rdthawkins: hey alt

alt: hi 3rdthawkins , how are ya today?

3rdthawkins: doing good alt, staying in from the snow, hello daviss

alt: daviss, how goes it?

daviss: hello 3rd and alt! its going well alt! No sense in complaining I guess

alt: okay, you're having snow.... we've got freezing rain today

3rdthawkins: hello SS

daviss: no rain here alt just a little nippy llo seventies

3rdthawkins: I'm going to AZ

daviss: hey seventies

alt: Hello seventies soulchild

seventies soulchild: 3rd lol

alt: some very interesting posts on the boards lately ... covering many different research areas.

daviss: my brother was telling me that there was a snow and ice plow truck driving just ahead of the bus carring the vikings

seventies soulchild: let me try again... hello alt daviss & 3rd

daviss: lol won't do any good if the fans cant get there lol

3rdthawkins: wb SS

daviss: wb seventies

seventies soulchild: ok I think its working properly now... @ home AGAIN.... :{

alt: watched the clip on Vanassa Williams WDYTYA segment.. interesting, I'm older than her father LOL

seventies soulchild: lol oh yea?

alt: hello march1801

3rdthawkins: ok, I'm gonna leave that alone alt, doing you a favor ;) :}

march1801: hello everyone

seventies soulchild: hi march1801

3rdthawkins: hello march1801

daviss: the one post that someone put up about the Loggins, I started gathering info because i read where they could not find several of the kids anywhere

3rdthawkins: hey Selma

Selma: Good afternoon everyone

march1801: Hi selma

alt: how & why is that doing me a favor 3rdthawkins?

seventies soulchild: I mean the show is kind of ruined now. . . did anyone watch the clips online?? lol hello selma

3rdthawkins: was gonna talk about how old you were lol alt

alt: Hello Selma

daviss: hello march1801 and Selma

march1801: hi daviss

alt: being old is good 3rdthawkins.. you'll learn that one day.

3rdthawkins: I hear that alt

seventies soulchild: being an elder is good. Alt is an elder

daviss: fter I did a search, I saw that the info had already been posted on several occasions :{

Selma: I haven't watched anyclips seventies

seventies soulchild: Don't... I think you will be pleasantly surprised if you watch the show on Friday Selma

3rdthawkins: oh yeah, always good to talk to elders

daviss: lol seventies

alt: I thought so daviss on the Loggins 'thing'.... Do these folks ever read the responses to their post? Or maybe they misfile the responses.

Selma: I do know somethings seventies..folks in the chat have been talking about it.. LOL

seventies soulchild: lol This internet sneak peek thing ruins the anticipation of shows.

3rdthawkins: um, don't you think that before you watch it lol

daviss: brb

seventies soulchild: Well I didn't think that they would show the meat of the show!

3rdthawkins: right, I understand, that's one thing why I don't look, I know they will ruin it, I just want to see it for myself when it comes on

seventies soulchild: Some of the things I knew about her family, they were long time residents of NY state.

alt: If that clip is the 'meat' won't be much of a show LOL

Selma: LOL

seventies soulchild: My point... :}

Selma: You got the Hawkins info daviss

alt: when she's looking at the USCT military marker of an ancestor and the dates state 1861-1865 and she says something like must have been the CW .. I had to say, HUH!!!!!

3rdthawkins: speaking of which, I See Ancestry has uploaded a handful of Slave Records

daviss: ok back

3rdthawkins: hello AY

AYWalton: good afternoon, all.

alt: hello AYWalton

march1801: hi AY

daviss: yes Selma thanks, I sent you a reply lol

Selma: OK Afternoon AY

seventies soulchild: hello AYWalton

AYWalton: Hello everyone. Just finished updating my USCT blog. usctchronicle.blogspot.com

march1801: speaking of slave records, does anyone know the status the National Database of Servitude that is to be created by NARA?

alt: I don't march1801

AYWalton: not familiar with it, march1801

seventies soulchild: No. . . What sorts of records will this database consist of?

march1801: it is part of the SEARCH Act of 2005 that was passed by congress. It was to allow the NARA to create a national database servitude to help us locate slave/slave holder records.

Selma: You mean like wills and deeds?

seventies soulchild: Hey well I didn't know that was part of the act. That's pretty great.

daviss: hi there AYWalton!

march1801: it was also allow NARA to provide funding for state and university librares to create and maintain similiar databases

AYWalton: wassup, daviss? just did a google search on it march1801 and I don't see it showing up.

seventies soulchild: I know Khathu wrote about a similar law california passed which allowed him to get the insurance records on one of his ancestors.

daviss: :? nothing with me AYWalton

march1801: give me a second and i'll locate where i found the info. brb

daviss: thanks march1801

AYWalton: Howdy Ms. Selma I see you are having a Civil war presentation on the 12th of Feb.

daviss: alt I had spent about 30 minutes looking for info that had already been posted. I could have used that 30 minutes on myself :?

seventies soulchild: :}

Selma: Yep..she is the professor from Norfolk State..written a small book on that subject She is on panel from the symposium at Norfolk State in Sept. webcast

3rdthawkins: Selma, have you heard of this company stationed in Norfolk, VA, Mirabella & Febre, Inc.? circa. 1930s-1940s stationed-located

alt: ain't that something daviss? the poster requested burial information on the fellow and we sent site/location & section # for the burial site in Indianapolis.... 2 days later the same request appeared on another Afrigeneas Forum Jeez !!!

Selma: No...but their name might appear in the City Directory on line at Nofolk Public Library website.

daviss: I know alt, as my mom used to say, "don't that just frost you"

seventies soulchild: lol

3rdthawkins: oh? will have to check that out Selma

Selma: http://www.npl.lib.va.us/SMRT/special_collection.html

AYWalton: Alt, I would mention that the info was sent to them in direct response tot he post.

seventies soulchild: lol this just came back to me. I received an apology e-mail from the people who had been claiming some of my Moore/Barnes/Owens relatives

Selma: That is the link

march1801: found the link but can't copy and paste not working.

3rdthawkins: thanks Selma

Selma: What did you do scream at them

daviss: on my FB page, I am using Nannie Burroughs pic as my profile in honor of Black Hist Month

alt: do a copy and the ctl-v for the post march1801

march1801: http://www.archives.gov/about/speeches/staff-bulletin/2008-bulletin/nara-staff-bulletin-archivist-column-october08.pdf thanks

AYWalton: wb SoulChile!

daviss: aha! march1801

3rdthawkins: that's great daviss

seventies soulchild: No... they kept insisting that one of my relations was their relations, but I told them and showed them where they were not.

daviss: got it march1801

march1801: supposedly funding was to be part of the 2010 fiscal year, but I'm unable to locate any updates

daviss: thanks 3rd so they finally got the hint huh seventies

alt: CW interest is bring out some very interesting postings all over the 'Net.

seventies soulchild: apparently daviss. . .

alt: especailly all of the events leading up to Southern Secession.

daviss: I wonder if there is an email addy march that you can inquire

seventies soulchild: Remember that piece in the film Amistad where they kind of talked about southern secession?

daviss: I wonder if there is an email addy where you can inquire about the status march1801

alt: no, missed that part seventies soulchild

daviss: me too seventies

seventies soulchild: it was at the end of the movie when they were having dinner with VanBuren and some southern senator then they cut to a narrative. It alluded to it.

daviss: 3 yrs is quite awhile ago march1801 unless they are starting one program at a time

Selma: Like I said Thank goodness for Sucession or we would still be singing Swing Low Sweet Chariot

march1801: i went on NARA website and submitted a general inquiry on their "Contact Us" link. i'll keep yall updated on their reply

alt: so true Selma

Selma: Thats great march

seventies soulchild: thanks march1801 lol Selma we still sing that... lol

Selma: Well yes...but not for the same reasons..

daviss: lol @ selma

alt: okay then seventies soulchild, how bout "tote that barge, lift that bale".

seventies soulchild: lol alt... I'm just messing around...

AYWalton: I have to remember to ask VKN about the chat room for Friday evening. we will be watching WDYTYA on line.

seventies soulchild: we will?

Selma: But no commentary until the ads.. LOL

seventies soulchild: lol

march1801: yeah 3 years is a while, but i'm sure between funding and gathering and transcribing such info would take quite a while. but hopefully this will really happen unlike our 40acres and a mule.

AYWalton: you mean you can't look at the screen and type at the same time? the best of multi-tasking.

Selma: Great post AY..gonna send to my folks, we have a number of HU grads inour group

AYWalton: you mean the USCT blog post?

Selma: Yes..

AYWalton: oh wonderful! I think so many have no idea who is buried there! I am excited about coming down to document them. I know the entire cemetery is not USCTs so I have to figure out how to approach it when I come down.

Selma: There are two cemeteries there AY..

AYWalton: yes, I just learned that from Drusilla. she went to a service for the founder of Hampton a day or two ago. but I meant even the national cemetery---all are not necessarily USCTs.

daviss: make sure you re-post the chat for the program AYWalton

Selma: There is an index for the big one..which is a National cemetery..and although appears to be on Hampton University Campus is separate...I think

AYWalton: Yes, I tweeted about it as well.

Selma: A couple of years ago I went and got a photo of a USCT for someone on line at the big one.. the staff took the picture

AYWalton: it is on the campus---the national one. The site for the National cemtery tells you to go to the entrance for Hampton and turn right (I think) to get there. is there a second cemetery also with military stones?

Selma: That I don't know..I went there once to see where it was, but didn't get out of the car

AYWalton: well when I come down we will cover all of them. Plus Pleasant Shade Cemetery as well. and Ft. Monroe, and................ :)

Selma: Oh...better get my shoes together..you better come down on Thursday morning

daviss: lol lol lol

AYWalton: ok I'll stop. lol BTW----here is something for everyone who has Facebook! why not put up a photo or just mention the name of an ancestor in honor of Black History Month. Melvin started a great thread.

daviss: lol I already did AYWalton

AYWalton: My nephew did one, and both are catching on like crazy. fantastic, daviss!

Selma: Will check it out

daviss: I am using Nannie Burroughs as my profile pic

AYWalton: I posted my gr. grandparents, and pointed out to my nephew that these were the gr. gr. gr grandparents of his own children. He was amazed.

daviss: up last night

AYWalton: I might do one for my other blogs as well.

3rdthawkins: well, I did post a status that in honor of black history month and to fight discriminition, hatred and racism, I 'm petitioning all AA's to stop eating Fried Chicken for a Week

march1801: smh lol

3rdthawkins: thought I'd make my contribution

AYWalton: alt how is that flu bug treating you? Your blog coming along Selma?

alt: it's leaving, slowly, but surely AYWalton .. thanks for asking.

Selma: Are you getting snow alt..

AYWalton: continue to drink lots of fluid.

daviss: just curious how would the yard bird stop discrimination

Selma: I am ignoring you AY

AYWalton: that's right you are in the path of the storm.

alt: freezing rain Selma

AYWalton: (I know it, Selma!) :) gosh that can be worse than snow, alt.

3rdthawkins: it's a joke daviss

Selma: Are you suppose to get snow AY? Million Man March in Eygpt

daviss: I would prefer laying down the guns

AYWalton: later in the evening or tomorrow.

Selma: Sounds like we have heard that term before

AYWalton: I hope they are wrong.

alt: much worse AYWalton, the weight on the powere lines can cause significant damage and outages.

daviss: oh I heard that term on CNN last night Selma

AYWalton: yes they are planning a million man march. Jordan has dissolved the parliament. Trying to prevent demonstrations and chaos there.

march1801: this weather is mess, they closed dfw airport this morning. the last time dfw airport was closed was on 9/11

Selma: Oh wow..hadn't heard that AY

AYWalton: I think Algeria is next and Saudi is still holding one but they are vulnerable too. NW Arkansas is solid ice! Going to fix lunch and work on another blog post later in the day! Have a good one everybody!

alt: received th e flyer from the IBGS summit committee last night... have y'all seen it?

Selma: Nope I must not be on their "special people" list

alt: want me to forward it to you Selma?

Selma: Yes..thanks.. LOL

alt: okay, anyone else?

Selma: Afternoon ryan

march1801: hi ryan

3rdthawkins: hey ryan

ryan: Hello Selma, March and 3rd

alt: hello ryan

ryan: Hey alt... Just stopping in to check on things

3rdthawkins: good of you ryan

ryan: March, don;t believe we've met...

alt: outa here.. hope to see y'all tonite.

Selma: See ya alt

3rdthawkins: mee too

march1801: nice to meet you ryan. i'm researching (Simmons, Brown, Saffold, Jordan) of Washington County GA. what surnames &/or location are you researching.

daviss: gotta run folks sorry

Selma: Me too..have a great day

ryan: Sorry March Ryan/Pennington/Penilton/Bailey/Pool West TN (Memphis), North Mississipi and East Arkansas Nice to meet you anyway

march1801: pennington, interesting pennington is one of the surnames of a slaveholding family on my maternal side. they were from fayette county tn around rossville area

ryan: really? OMG?

march1801: yes pennington and oursler

ryan: Fayette county is literally about 3 miles from my Penningtons I know all about the slaveowners too, where they came from

march1801: from what i researched Francis Pennington was the 1st wife of John Oursler. they had two sons which died in the civil war. I was in Fayette Co lst summer researching

ryan: frances was the owner? francis was the owner? or a relative?

march1801: she was the wife of the slave owner John Oursler Frances Pennington Oursler was orginally from Robertson County TN.

ryan: ok - The deal is

march1801: The family moved to Fayette co around 1848.

ryan: Robertson county? hm ok I see check this out I just looked where Robertson county is just north of Nashville My Pennington Slave owners were also from Nashville, and moved to Fayette TN and Marshall MS Rossville is literally about 3 miles to Hudsonville where my Penningtons slave owners were

march1801: omg! matter of fact after Francis Pennington Oursler died her husband John married a woman by the name of Mary Connelly from Marshall Co, MS

ryan: Yes - Same group man (or woman)

march1801: the slaves that John Oursler owned moved from Fayette County to Conway Co Arkansas and the surname changed from Oursler to Osler

ryan: Ah yea, origially those Penningtons came from Sussex Virginia

march1801: do you have a Robert Pennington and Elizabeth (Graves) Pennington as slaveholders from your research?

ryan: The were a part of the Malitias that went into TN around 1800, they settled in Nashville... They left for soutwest TN and north ms, they after the war, went west to ar and tx OMG Yes, Graves was my slaveowner also

march1801: Francis was there daughter omg

ryan: ah, I knew that... I've been working with decendants of Graves Look your folks owned by graves too? You know about the landd owned by Graves right?

march1801: i haven't been able to prove it just yet, but i believed that John Oursler may have recieved his slaves through his marriage to Francis Pennington or his second wife Mary Connelly

ryan: Also - I'm working with someone that has conley ancestors from Marshall county

march1801: no i don't

ryan: Ah, she probably did... now check this out She also had 2 brothers that went to that area, and were just across the ms/tn border from Rossville in Hudsonville where they owned my great great grandfather I have a write up on it

march1801: that is amazing!

ryan: download this http://www.onefast.org/tonyr/pennington/henry_pennington_presentation.pdf

march1801: its downloading

ryan: wow - you're excactly who I've been looking for you probably got a lot of info I could use check this out

march1801: i had been researching the Oursler line to figure out how there slaves were inquired. but nothing ever materialized so i began researching his wives and Francis was the best candidate. we definitly need to exchange contact info.

ryan: did you realize that Graves Pennington owned that land today known as Pennington Bend in Nashville? This is the land that Opryland etc is on. My great great grandfather was born on his farm there

march1801: no i did not

ryan: http://www.gravesfa.org/gen835.htm

march1801: makes me wonder if my gr gr gr grandfather James Oursler was born there too?

ryan: the deal is there was a group of familys that traveled to gether (and married) Pennington/Seal/Conely/Dodson/Donelson to name a few I've seen (moving together)

march1801: have you come across the surname Toldes form Fayette Co TN as well? or Towles

ryan: No, have not seen that one, but also research Marshall county MS and Shelby TB Graves ran a ferry accros the cumberland did you download ?

march1801: yes. i'm trying to read

ryan: sorry Frances Graves (his first wife) where your Frances came from

march1801: she was from Robertson Co, TN I have my Frances (b 17Mar1819) as being the daughter of Robert Pennington and Elizabeth Graves. She married John Oursler bet 1830-1838 in Robertson Co Tn. the had two sonse William Robert Oursler and Richard C. Oursler both died in Civil War at Gettysburg 1863 I haven't been able to pinpoint her date and place of death. but it would have occurred 1840-1848 in either Robertson or Fayette Co TN.

ryan: yea, they were all confederates So what relationship to graves pennington then?

march1801: I 'll have to do more research to see. but i there is a high probabilty that there will be a connection. i'll have to get out my research folder on the Penningtons

ryan: its possible - from about 1845 - about 1880 they were in that area Sam R Oursler Spouse: Mamie Oursler Birth: abt 1894 - Mississippi Residence: 1920 - Memphis Ward 19, Shelby, Tennessee William C Oursler Spouse: Ruth Oursler Birth: abt 1888 - Mississippi Residence: 1920 - Memphis Ward 19, Shelby, Tennessee Maud B Oursler Birth: Apr 1880 - Mississippi Residence: Memphis Ward 13, Shelby, Tennessee

march1801: the white Ourlser did move to the Shelby County.

ryan: William C Oursler Birth: Oct 1887 - Mississippi Residence: Memphis Ward 13, Shelby, Tennessee : Samuel Oursler Birth: Dec 1892 - Mississippi Residence: Memphis Ward 13, Shelby, Tennessee Point : ? A boatload of them went there Look, Rossville is only like 15 miles east of Memphis so is Marshall County

march1801: The children that I have for John Oursler and Mary Connelly that settled in shelby were: Edwin O, Sophia (Oursler) Hooks, John Andrew Oursler, William Connelly Oursler, Roberta (Oursler) Ballard. all there descendants Shelby Co TN

ryan: I research that area "extensivlely, so please email me if you are looking for something specific I gotta get back to work - but I'm fired up

march1801: i'll email. thanks. we got a lot of info to share take care

ryan: I got someone that has a george conley too 1. GEORGE1 CONLEY was born Oct 1865 in Mississippi, and died Bet. 1920 - 1930. He married (1) FANNIE BOYD 22 Aug 1887 in Marshall County, Mississippi, daughter of BERRY BOYD and JUNE ALLEY. She was born Abt. 1872 in Marshall County, Mississippi, and died Bet. 1900 - 1910. He married (2) CEILA MARTIN ? Abt. 1911, daughter of JOE BOUGARD and NETTIE ?. She was born 10 Apr 1894 in Mississippi, and died 17 Apr 1943 in Memphis, Shelby County, Tennessee.

march1801: i gotta get back to work too! we will definitely be in touch

ryan: ok later

*TuesNite

Start: 21:02:54
End: 22:22:01
Chatters: 3rdthawkins, AYWalton, daviss, Ingrid_Doweary, jhonora, Khathu, Selma, vkn

daviss: hello 3rd

3rdthawkins: hey daviss, stayed away from the chicken today?

daviss: nawwww!

3rdthawkins: lol a few people got a kick out of that earlier

daviss: I had turkey speghetti though it was good for my tummy

3rdthawkins: turkey spaghetti? now how does that work?

daviss: just like any other do you eat

3rdthawkins: you mean turkey meat? like ground turkey?

daviss: oops do you cook or eat it yes

3rdthawkins: yes, both :}

daviss: heyy Selma!

Selma: Evening daviss and 3rd

3rdthawkins: hey Selma.................ok daviss, yeah, I use ground turkey also

daviss: I use turkey for just about everything now

3rdthawkins: just don't call it turkey spaghett, or turkey joe (sloppy joe) lol

Selma: Evening jhonora

jhonora: Good Evening All!

3rdthawkins: hey jhonora

daviss: when ever my brother comes to town from Cali he goes to this place that makes homemade turkey and chicken sausage. I get him to bring me a couple doz each hello jhonora!

jhonora: Not sure if you all read the news, but the Archdiocese of New Orleans has begun to place records, including those of slaves and fpc without surnames online. The story made the Associated Press and was on local tv news today.

daviss: yes jhonora I saw that today

Selma: Oh hadn't heard that alt

daviss: great news!

Selma: I meant jhonora

3rdthawkins: good news jhonie

jhonora: I work in the Archives and knew this was coming, but not this soon. It all began as a result of a conversation.

daviss: have they already begun the process jhonora I think I saw it also on one of my FB friends page Jhonora

jhonora: Yes, five registers of baptisms are already online. These records are invaluable to researchers.

daviss: that is great!

Selma: Yes they are jhonora

jhonora: Our society has planned a letter to the Editor commending of the effort.

Selma: What is the link to the site jhonora daviss.......whose picture did you send me today?

daviss: well I think now that it was Holland's lol

Ingrid_Doweary: Hey 3rd, Daviss, Jhonora and Selma.

daviss: He was also a medal of honor winner at that same battle

3rdthawkins: hello Ingrid_Doweary

Selma: Evening Ingrid

daviss: hello ingrid

3rdthawkins: Ingrid, hope you brought some for everybody!

daviss: brb gotta log in on another puter

Ingrid_Doweary: Afraid I didn't this time, 3rd. Been a long day.

Selma: Where did you go jhonora

3rdthawkins: :{ Ingrid_Doweary

Khathu: hello everyone

3rdthawkins: hello Khathu

Ingrid_Doweary: Hey Khathu

Selma: Evening Khathu

3rdthawkins: hi Khathu

jhonora: I'm here ... on phone call.

3rdthawkins: well get off the phone! :} which reminds me, I Have to make a phone call also

jhonora: The site is:

Selma: Anything new on your research from last week Khathu

Ingrid_Doweary: wb Daviss

3rdthawkins: wb dave

Khathu: the Lorenza Williams from Anderson County, TX is definitely a prime candidate. So I will be ordering some microfilms from the Texas State Library

Selma: Oh good

daviss: thx ingrid ..hi khathu

Khathu: hello daviss

daviss: great khathu

AYWalton: Good evening all. hi 3rd Greetings, daviss, Ingrid, Khathu, Ms. Selma! hey hey hey it's honoray! howdy jhonora!

Selma: Evening Ay

daviss: howdy AYW

Ingrid_Doweary: Hey AY.

AYWalton: jhonora did a reporter from AP contact you? he must be multi-tasking. how's it going, daviss?

daviss: khathu did you already check to see if your archives already had the records going good AY

Khathu: these are county records i am examining

daviss: oh ok

Ingrid_Doweary: Jhonora, is this the subject you mentioned earlier? http://www.archdiocese-no.org/archives/sfpc.php

daviss: thats it Ingrid

AYWalton: that is what the reporter was interested in talking to him about---or at least a Louisiana researcher. Several of us passed jhonora's name to contact. they had a short deadline, though.

Ingrid_Doweary: okay, thanks. I'll be surfing that in the near future.

AYWalton: I think that George Geder also passed his name on to the AP reporter.

daviss: thats good ay way to go espesically on the first day of BHM especially

Selma: they timed it just right

AYWalton: sorry I walked away.

daviss: heyyyyy

AYWalton: been working on my power points for Hampton, Selma.

Selma: Oh good do we have a title... LOL

AYWalton: lol

Selma: I have been digging out my hiking shoes

AYWalton: uh.....not an overall one, but give me a day or so.

Selma: OK

AYWalton: and yes----those hiking shoes for sure!

daviss: khathu do you have to use the film at the LDS center

Khathu: yes you do or i can order film through ILL

daviss: I am thinking Anderson County is Nacadoches

Khathu: you mean Nacogdoches County the city of Palestine is in Anderson County

daviss: naw never mind I am thinking of Anderson in Grimes County

Khathu: okay

daviss: Palestine is where lots of the debris came down from the space accident

Khathu: i did not know that

daviss: One of my cousins said that it hit about a mile from his house

Ingrid_Doweary: The Challenger explosion in 1986, Daviss?

AYWalton: where is this, daviss? you mean the explosion from 2003?

daviss: in Texas Ay yes

AYWalton: there was also debris in western Arkansas as well.

Ingrid_Doweary: 2003 or 1986, Daviss?

daviss: in 2003 ingrid in 2003

AYWalton: one lady in Van Buren Arkansas found some. She reported it and marshals were there within a few hours. That was so sad.

Ingrid_Doweary: okay thanks for clearing that up for me.

AYWalton: The shuttle is still a great big bomb in my opinon.

daviss: yes my cousin was very shaken

AYWalton: did your cousin get a lot of debris? I mean did some main parts come down in his area?

daviss: yes quite a bit came down there

AYWalton: oh wow. that was so tragic.

Selma: It was so sad

AYWalton: the other one in 86 was just as horrible maybe worse in terms of the fact that people watched it live everywhere. school children, and so many did.

daviss: yep

Ingrid_Doweary: Speaking of which, have you all heard about this tribute to Astronaut Ronald McNair: http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=573974

AYWalton: and the teacher---who should not have been on the shuttle. so sad.

Selma: Folks I have to go ... long day Nite all

daviss: nite sel

Ingrid_Doweary: Cya selma

AYWalton: I know some people who went to MIT with McNair. a good friend of ours knew him well. they both did their Ph.D in aerospace engineering.

Ingrid_Doweary: Oh well. Sounds like he was highly regarded.

daviss: his sister taught in AZ and he was here to speak to her kids Buckeye Az

Khathu: good night

daviss: night Ingrid are you getting the snow and ice

Ingrid_Doweary: It's in the forecast that we will probably get more rain with a freeze over during the night.

daviss: heyyy vkn!

Ingrid_Doweary: Hey Vkn.

vkn: heyyyyyyyyyy all yall

daviss: you all need to be careful how's it going vkn?

AYWalton: Greetings, VKN!!!

vkn: no point 2 complain daviss

AYWalton: hope you are doing well!

vkn: going pretty well AYWalton AYW about that podcast or 3

AYWalton: that's good. about which one, vkn?

daviss: I am hoping that the answer to a post I just submitted is the right one for for the lady Angela not you Angela lol

AYWalton: I have no idea what you are talking about. Call me confused. lol

vkn: lol

AYWalton: which podcast were you talking about, vkn?

daviss: lol is that for me or vkn

vkn: the one introducing AfriG

daviss: oh is that a new one vkn?

vkn: No it is one AYW proposed lol

AYWalton: oh you mean the video I was working on?

daviss: oic

AYWalton: still have it in the queue. Have done part of it already. might get it completed as a sample in a day or two.

daviss: can I be the STAR RA! lol

vkn: gRRRRRRRRRRRRRRReatttttttttt

AYWalton: lol

daviss: lol

AYWalton: it is just an idea that I am tossing around, and an intro to the site.

daviss: sounds like a winner to me

vkn: Niece Oona is now the Baroness of Bow

daviss: awesome vkn!

vkn: yuppers

AYWalton: wow---was she the MP?

vkn: will post later

daviss: can't wait to read

vkn: she was but lost that seat ayw then ran for Lord Mayor and lost by 800 votes

AYWalton: wow.

daviss: that was close. I remember reading that

AYWalton: That is Preston King's daughter right?

vkn: we had about 12 family members in London to see it all

AYWalton: how wonderful!!!

vkn: AYW yes AYW

AYWalton: that is great!!! does your son Alonzo get to see her when he travels? Or rather does she get to see him?

Ingrid_Doweary: That is definitely a Afro-European triumph.

AYWalton: quite true!!!

Ingrid_Doweary: What did I say?

vkn: Alonzo just back from Sweden

AYWalton: kind of a sweet African revenge on the slave master. Turning the tables and flipping the script. Call her the Baroness!!!! I love it!!

AYWalton: a title like Baroness does that kind of make her a bit royal? and do her children become lords & ladies?

Ingrid_Doweary: Wow in two part of the globe, yeah? 44th U.S President and a female Member of Parlliment?

vkn: wayyyyyy to go

Ingrid_Doweary: Did the English monarch bestow the baroness title to her? part=parts

vkn: No it is done by the House of Lorda

Ingrid_Doweary: Ah thanks. Good to know.

AYWalton: and how does one address the Baroness? my lady?

AYWalton: and how is she referred to? her........what?

vkn: lady king

AYWalton: Ahhh ok.

vkn: how be the research

AYWalton: that works for me!! so when is she coming to America, and when is the party? we will all come and be her AfriGenean court. lol

daviss: lol

vkn: lol lol

Ingrid_Doweary: On which occasion would the US President meet her ladyship-Lady King/

daviss: the research is just be vkn

vkn: LOTS of essence query peeps with no clue to mom or dad

Ingrid_Doweary: On which occasion would the US President meet her ladyship-Lady King?

AYWalton: do we have to curtsy?

vkn: Not knowing Ingrid

AYWalton: do you need help sorting them out, or do you have a system? probably the President would meet her while traveling in Britain. the head of state receives other heads of states.

vkn: yes I do ayw will let you know

AYWalton: so only the Prime Minister would get hte White House State Dinner.

AYWalton: well let some of us help you with them? perhaps a standard letter acknowledging that we have received the query, and then they can complete some basic info for us. and maybe to decide what to offer. a look up is one thing, and full research---that is different. something to discuss later, perhaps.

vkn: yassum the hardest part is getting them off the phone. They gotta tell somebody blah blah blah of pain

daviss: hmmm I can imagine all the build up inside them

vkn: lots of pain "I met my mother when I was age 12"

AYWalton: oh how sad---that is painful. is there a profile, such as age? Mostly in their 30s, 40s, or older?

vkn: seems to be about 70 AYW

AYWalton: really?

vkn: sooooo nobody to ask

daviss: I guess now I can relate

AYWalton: so the readers who are usually younger, are sharing with their own parents perhaps. wow.

daviss: remember my x's story AY

vkn: seeking mystical half sibs

AYWalton: half sibs? oh my.

vkn: Yes " I may have a sister"

daviss: I was thinking it was rare back in the day but now not so sure

AYWalton: you might want to let them know some kind of way that we perform ancestral searches not present day living people searches.

vkn: Got one from Waco daviss

Ingrid_Doweary: See in my mother's family and my father-in-laws family, the previous spouses passed away. both of them are products of the second marriages.

3rdthawkins: well, I got pretty good at locating living relatives, perhaps I can help vkn and AY?

vkn: yes angela that is the hard part

daviss: If you hear of someone looking for Holmes via Ok vkn let me know

AYWalton: will do.

vkn: Thanx 3rd all hands needed on deck

3rdthawkins: welcome vkn

Ingrid_Doweary: You go, 3rd!

vkn: see yall 2morry will you 'nounce WDYTYA ayw

Ingrid_Doweary: Cya Vkn

3rdthawkins: ok, nite vkn

daviss: what room

3rdthawkins: :} Ingrid_Doweary

AYWalton: sure thing. I shall start tweeting about it, and announcing it on Facebook after midnight, or early in the am.

vkn: WDYTYA daviss is room

daviss: oh ok

AYWalton: well I am shutting down also. Working on a blog post. have a good one, all.

daviss: nite me too

Ingrid_Doweary: Well good nite, 3rd. Catch up with you another time.

3rdthawkins: ok Ingrid, nite, wish chat was more entertaining her here

Ingrid_Doweary: i hear ya, bye

18 Dec 2002 :: 1 Feb 2009
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy