Try a new Ancestry.com Membership!

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

Footnote.com

Note: Please follow the link(s) on the navigation bar below to search additional messages that have been archived to conserve space. If no link is visible, no messages have been archived on this board.

2011-01-28 Friday LunchBunch

*LunchBunch

*LunchBunch

Start: 12:14:11
End: 13:01:43
Chatters: 3rdthawkins, alt, AYWalton, freeaainnc, ProfDru, Selma, Seventies Soulchild, vkn

3rdthawkins: hey SS and free

Seventies Soulchild: Hello 3rd, freeaainnc

freeaainnc: Hi 3rd and SS

Seventies Soulchild: I was just reading that Who Do You Think You Are? will air on 4 Feb First subject, Vanessa L. Williams

3rdthawkins: should be good

Seventies Soulchild: yea... lol

freeaainnc: yep

Selma: Afternoon free, 3rd and seventies

3rdthawkins: I just discovered something while looking for my great great grandmother

Selma: Afternoon alt

3rdthawkins: on her daughter's DC her name is written as Anna Roxianna, I figured maybe Anna was a shorten form, but there's someone else with that name and Roxianna is actually the middle name.

alt: Hello All, 3rd, free, Selma & 70'

3rdthawkins: so her full name is Anna Roxianna (maiden name)

Selma: You thought Roxianna was her first name?

3rdthawkins: yep

Selma: Well glad you got that cleared up

alt: just dropped in to say hello and that I'll probably be 'out of the loop' for a few days. On my way to the Dr.'s office this PM... y'all take care. Laters

3rdthawkins: still havent' found her. But I also made another discovery the other day, her daughter, my great grandmother's name was written as Mada Ruth Jefferson (how my grandmother wrote it), there's a Madaline Ruth Jeffries in Texas in 1920 and 1930, so it gave up a heads up also on her name. Just still haven't found her ok alt

Selma: Ok you take care alt.

freeaainnc: u2 alt

AYWalton: Good afternoon, all.

Selma: Afternoon AY

AYWalton: Hello there freeaainnc, Ms. Selma, SoulChile!

Selma: Still digging out AY?

AYWalton: lol no, we did that yesterday, though it is snowing again. :(

Selma: Oh Good grief

AYWalton: only lightly and it is supposed to be just flurries. I sure hope so.

freeaainnc: putting your book on display next week AY for African American History month

AYWalton: oh that's nice, free. the green cover, right?

freeaainnc: no

AYWalton: and thank you for doing that.

freeaainnc: we don't have that one AY

Selma: AY..Dru first posting on her blog and wonderful

AYWalton: ProfDru is in da house!!

freeaainnc: hi Dru

AYWalton: free---that is the current edition!

ProfDru: Howdy gang

3rdthawkins: hey ProfDru

Selma: See I am talking about you Dru..saying something nice

ProfDru: Angela in da house

AYWalton: go to: african-nativeamerican.com and click on the book image on the left.

ProfDru: That's so sweet of you, Selma

freeaainnc: AY - we talked about that in November, someone, u or VKN said you'd donate the recent one to us b/c our budget won't allow us to buy books for at least a year, but probably longer

Selma: I will want something later.. LOL

Seventies Soulchild: Hello AYWalton, ProfDru, Selma

ProfDru: I can't believe the response about my new blog, www.freedom150.blogspot.com

AYWalton: fantastic, ProfDru!

Seventies Soulchild: I just got a nice piece of N.O. Kings Cake... forgot Mardi Gras is right around the corner. :)

AYWalton: I see you have a number of followers already, too.

ProfDru: there were 15 this morning

AYWalton: folks from all backgrounds, too. I mentioned it in today's podcast as well. now we have to get some males to put up blogs.

ProfDru: thanks angela

Seventies Soulchild: congrats ProfDru

3rdthawkins: :? :?

freeaainnc: maybe Khathu?

ProfDru: I already though of some CW era records I have on the Pair slaves that I'll post soon. Need to dig those documents out Thanks Soulchile

AYWalton: all of the recent Civil War era blogs have been created exclusively by women. and none by men.

Seventies Soulchild: It would be interesting if there was a blog dedicated to Susie King and other women of the CW.

AYWalton: ah yes----that would be nice, though I intend to include stories like hers in my blog as well. that is why I made it broad.

ProfDru: I'm excited about the possibilities with my new blog

AYWalton: plus I don't want to be too limiting and don't want to "run out" of women to write about. So stories about contrabands, teachers, nurses, all will be included. oh yes there are tons of topics out there.

Seventies Soulchild: Great ProfDru. Looking forward to reading what you will be discovering.

ProfDru: thanks soulchile, hope people continue reading

Seventies Soulchild: I will. Definitely.

ProfDru: I have indeas for several articles already

AYWalton: I am so proud of what you are doing, ProfDru.

ProfDru: Thanks Big Sista Angela, lol

AYWalton: you are really doing it.

ProfDru: Angela, it's all your fault--after your speech about Do Something in December, I haven't been able to rest. lol

AYWalton: wow, I don't know the power of my own words!!

freeaainnc: lol dru

ProfDru: Selma and I discuss it all the time and we have both felt compelled to do something.

AYWalton: well I am happy that you are both responding and I spoke about it in today's podcast. africanrootspodcat.com

ProfDru: Angela, have you thought about having a guest blogget on any of your blogs. It would definitely work for the USCT one for anyone who didn't want to start their own blog, but wanted to write occassionally. I'm entertaining doing this.

Seventies Soulchild: ProfDru, that's a great idea!

AYWalton: hmm........a possibility with that idea, ProfDru. Does the guest have to be a blogger him/herself?

Seventies Soulchild: I had thought about the same thing, ProfDru because I have people in my family who are master researchers, but probably don't want to start a blog. Their insight and research IMO is very good.

ProfDru: I've seen this on a couple of genealogy blogs. No, the blog owner can do the posting. that sounds great, soulchile, to extend it to your family

vkn: Seventies are you getting mail from the lounge? Sent a couple of pieces to you there. Calendar feedback is good AYW

ProfDru: Here is an example of a blogger who had her twin sister as a guest blogger, http://tinyurl.com/4sajanzl They both attended the Atlanta Expos along with their mother.

freeaainnc: yikes, read that one wrong! lol thought it said beginwitChcraft! lol

ProfDru: lol free yeah, it does look kinda like that, free

vkn: I understand that seventies

ProfDru: Been looking at service record of my adopted USCT, Madison. Seems he was hospitalized for a while during his military service.

AYWalton: I thought the same thing at first, free!

Seventies Soulchild: I'm checking now vkn. Anything that I need to pay close attention to?

freeaainnc: least I'm not alone with that AY! lol

AYWalton: glad you liked the calendar freedback, vkn.

Seventies Soulchild: Yes Its midterm and paper time at my house... lol

AYWalton: where was he when in the hospital, ProfDru?

ProfDru: hampton, so I assume was the soldier's home maybe or military hospital which is not the Veterans Administration near Hampton University

Seventies Soulchild: ok all gotta run. Have a great weekend.

AYWalton: soldier's homes came after the war. If during the war, the hospital would have been at a military encampment or fort.

ProfDru: ok angela

vkn: What is name dru

ProfDru: Soldier's name is Madison Lewis

AYWalton: ProfDru I mentioned your blog in today's podcast, as well.

freeaainnc: May be back in a bit. Have to go do a few things.

vkn: Is that in Orange or Smyth county Dru

ProfDru: no, Elizabeth City County (Hampton) VA

vkn: hmmmm Birth year?

ProfDru: abt. 1835

AYWalton: going to run, folks. Have a great day!

ProfDru: gotta runn also, Adios

vkn: I see there are 2 Madison Lewis in 1870 in the afore mentioned counties oops c ya later 3rd

18 Dec 2002 :: 1 Feb 2009
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy