Try a new Ancestry.com Membership!

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

Footnote.com

Note: Please follow the link(s) on the navigation bar below to search additional messages that have been archived to conserve space. If no link is visible, no messages have been archived on this board.

2010-10-30

*SatNiteChat

*SatNiteChat

Start: 21:06:50
End: 22:36:15
Chatters: 3rdthawkins, alt, AmosNY, daviss, Ingrid_Doweary, rcs, Selma, seventies soulchild, vkn

seventies soulchild: hello AmosNY

AmosNY: Hi SSoulchild!

seventies soulchild: how is the AL research going? hello Selma

AmosNY: I haven't done any lately. I have been busy with my real estate investing business.

Selma: Good evening Amos and seventies

AmosNY: Hello Selma!

seventies soulchild: ah okay

Selma: 70's saw your posting on Joyce Duncan... Is the Joyce Duncan in TN said to be born in MS and a widow that vicky found the same one Evening rcs

AmosNY: Hello RCS!

seventies soulchild: not sure yet

rcs: Hello all!

seventies soulchild: hi rcs

Selma: I noticed that a number of those other folks in TN on that page were born in MS too

daviss: hello there

seventies soulchild: yes there is even a Galmore on the same page

Selma: Evening daviss

seventies soulchild: hi daviss

daviss: good evening!

Selma: I didn't make the Galmore connection..but daviss did, I wondered what she meant

seventies soulchild: Hey TY for the lookup daviss

daviss: anything for you seventies

AmosNY: Hello Daviss!

Selma: I think I found here in 1910 in TN too

daviss: hello AmosNY

seventies soulchild: two seperate families, one on my g'ma and the other on my g'pa

Selma: Oh ok....

seventies soulchild: lol daviss

daviss: oh really Selma

Selma: You got sharp eyes daviss Let me see

seventies soulchild: I've got at least 6 surnames I'm looking at on my maternal line

daviss: One good one Sel lol

seventies soulchild: Yes dollar store glasses and all lol

daviss: hehehhee

Selma: http://tinyurl.com/2adgkog Living in a house with a boarder... Female bena trigg

seventies soulchild: I think if I find Joyce and Minor living together, most likely in MS then I can confirm that is indeed Joyce Clark-Minor

daviss: wow Sel

Selma: age 45 also born in MS

seventies soulchild: I mean Duncan

daviss: yes in 1900 widow in 10,20

seventies soulchild: yes... that's what I noticed also daviss

daviss: that may be Rena

Selma: She is a widow by 1910 too Did they have children?

seventies soulchild: Not sure, I have nothing but records on this line. No oral history at all.

daviss: what about a DC for Minor

Selma: 1910 says she gave birth to 2 children...2 living

seventies soulchild: hmmmm in 1910?

daviss: yes

seventies soulchild: No DC as of yet

Selma: Yes

daviss: look in Tn seventies

seventies soulchild: If he died in MS unsure if that would be online

daviss: try TN

seventies soulchild: ok

daviss: good luck with that

Selma: She is said to own her own house

daviss: on East Mclemore Ave

Selma: A poulty and milk dealer poultry

daviss: hmmm interesting trade

Selma: Is this Memphis the city daviss...maybe a city directory

seventies soulchild: brb

Selma: Rcs..you broke the code for the letter?

daviss: I would think so Selma

Selma: So what's up daviss..you ready for Halloween?

daviss: LOL no Selma, ready to lock my doors and turn out the lights

Selma: Evening Ingrid LOL..

daviss: hello Ingrid

Ingrid_Doweary: Hey Daviss, Selma, RCS, Seventies

daviss: The kids will go out daughter and me, I will be doing what I do best The kids will go out with my daughter

Selma: My husband took the kids out when they were small..I would stay home pass out the candy..and eat all the Baby Ruths when my kids got home

daviss: love them Baby Ruths lol

Ingrid_Doweary: Hey 3rd.

Selma: Evening 3rd

3rdthawkins: hello daviss Selma and Ingrid

daviss: hello 3rd

3rdthawkins: oops, and hello rcs

daviss: I am wondering about the TN DC's Selma. wonder when they started keeping them

Selma: Don't know..I didn't check

3rdthawkins: daviss, did you see the Joycie Ducan DC with father Lewis Ducan. she died April 1920 shelby Co. there are a couple of TN DC collections on FamilySearch one coes from 1700s to 1900s the other one 1914-1955 coes/goes

Selma: Maybe that is what 70's is checking now

rcs: hello

Selma: Hi rcs

daviss: Joyce maiden name is Clark she married Minor Duncan

rcs: I think I mostly broke the code

Selma: I asked earlier rcs... great

3rdthawkins: I'm thinking they changed their name or used a different one

daviss: how so 3rd

3rdthawkins: not saying that is the only possibility

rcs: I have some data on Mississippi MINORS from near Belzoni Were those the MINORs discussed earlier

3rdthawkins: Minor is the first name rcs, but you may be on to something wb Ingrid

Ingrid_Doweary: Thanks 3rd. Prematurely logged out.

Selma: So can you tell what the letter says rcs

rcs: The sentence pieces that translated were normal -- seeing the boys -- having potatos and salt -- I didn't take time to translate the whole thing Never heard if anyone did on facebook

3rdthawkins: that is interesting how that letter was written, wonder why it was written that way

daviss: It is amazing though . some other symbols in there I did not understand more than just vowels

rcs: Once you start substituting 12345 with aeiou many words seem to make sense

daviss: The granddaughter sure made a wonderful discovery

Selma: Evening alt

Ingrid_Doweary: What was her discovery, Daviss? Hey Alt.

daviss: hello alt!

3rdthawkins: hello alt

alt: hello 3rd, daviss, Ingrid, rcs, & Selma

daviss: she was the one that found the letter amongest her grammys things Ingrid

rcs: I have discovered a new Missouri resource http://www.sos.mo.gov/archives/resources/ordb.asp They have a few county probabte records digitized as well as MO death records and other goodies

daviss: great rcs mabe I can find one of my Mitchells

Ingrid_Doweary: Nice archival website RCS. Thanks.

daviss: not my Mitchell but my daughters

rcs: Missouri Judicial Records This database of circuit and probate court files is currently searchable by name, county and year for Greene County Circuit Court, Jasper County Circuit Court, New Madrid County Probate Court, St. Charles County Circuit Court, and St. Louis Probate Court. These historic probate records offer insight into the lives of Missourians through wills, inventories, settlements, and guardianship records. Circuit court cases provide a wealth of information on everything from the fur trade to the Civil War, steamboats to McCormick Reapers, and agriculture to urbanization.

3rdthawkins: the DC I knew about, but not the rest

rcs: These were new to me

Selma: Thats great rcs...just took a look at the site

3rdthawkins: I live in Jasper Co.

daviss: thanks RCS I will put this in my favs and cruise around tonight

rcs: I was looking for an elusive Maria Long or Cynthia Small

daviss: did seventies sneak out :? did you find them rcs?

rcs: yes no and maybe

Selma: LOL

daviss: lol

rcs: I did find a possible MARIA LONG settling the estate of her husband in 1865 -- but that did not mention a connection to Baptists or Cynthia SMALL tradition says Maria LONG set aside a part of her land so her slaves could have a church

3rdthawkins: hello vkn

rcs: a Deed from 1868 says the first deacons bought the land from Cynthia Small who later that same year married a LONG

vkn: Howdy all Glad to see all y'all

rcs: Long family researchers think Leah LONG donated the land

Selma: Whose oral history is the Maria Long as the benefactor

rcs: Them Baptists! inted in several county histories

Selma: Well we know about all those printed county histories

rcs: James and Leah Long also had slaves ---- one named Pleasant -- right age to be the Pleasant Moore who was a deacon in 1870

daviss: interesting

Selma: But you have the deed where they "purchased" the property?

rcs: Several LONG brothers came into MO just before 1800 -- got Spanish Land grants and proceeded to marry everybody and repeat the same names Yes -- a transcript at least, explanation being that the slaves could not have deed before 1865 So that has been a rush project this last week. The church wants to invite a LONG descendant to be recognized

alt: Interesting about 1865 rcs..... Weren't there FPOC's in MO, that could have possibly been 'land owners'?

rcs: a few family land for the use of family slaves

alt: but that isn't the case and thisis not an area where FPOC' might have been?

Selma: So who is Cynthia Small before she marries a Long..

rcs: I have a bible page of slave births to post later from a Long descendant

Selma: Myabe they should be inviting a Small descendant

rcs: Cynthia is a mystery right now. SHe was married with children

vkn: the list sounds good rcs

rcs: well -- my current suggestion is to invite a descent of Cynthia Small and her husband Alton LONG --- right Long family if not individual and we know Cynthia was in the loop but can;t figure why

Ingrid_Doweary: Sounds like a good idea, RCS.

Selma: She was married with children when she marries LONG...so Small is not her maiden name

daviss: when is the program rcs?

rcs: November sometime

Ingrid_Doweary: During a November weekend, RCS?

rcs: yep They might make me Baptist

Ingrid_Doweary: The 1st November weekend is a week from today.

rcs: yes indeed

Ingrid_Doweary: Did you want to be a Baptist, RCS?

rcs: I was supposed to work miracles---instead i stirred up questions

daviss: Well I hope you find the documents that you need rcs

Selma: Questions are probably more interesting.. LOL

rcs: Several of us are looking for docments and my friend is working the older church members and deacons for more info

daviss: Are you doing the presentation rcs?

rcs: The only church members I know personally are from MS & Ark

Ingrid_Doweary: Investigations of any kind history or otherwise always stir up questions. :} Isn't that what research is about, RCS?

rcs: At this point, anything is possible....pretty sure I shall at least be invited

daviss: AYWalton not to long ago did a presentation in Nevada I think it was the oldest AA church in Tahoe mabe in all of Nevada vkn how is your group doing?

vkn: Going well keeping me too busy

Selma: Folks..have to bid you all Good Night.. long day and I am sleepy.. Nite All

daviss: nite

vkn: When do you leave for TX daviss

daviss: on the 12th vkn

vkn: rcs not seeing you very often

rcs: new job & schedule

daviss: we are driving so that will take about 18 hrs

vkn: ingrid how is the log reading coming along Latest blog is really at the top daviss

Ingrid_Doweary: I'm have trouble with being easily distracted. Must find new reading locations.

daviss: huh

Ingrid_Doweary: I now read when I can.

vkn: ahhhhhhh new job huh well congrats rcs lol Ingrid

daviss: I read the logs vkn if that is what you are saying

Ingrid_Doweary: Bus rides are getting to noisy and chaotic for me and at work more non-universtiy patrons are demanding more intervention. I do review the logs though.

vkn: I am glad daviss I meant your blog on voting is super

daviss: oh thanks vkn.

vkn: u b welcome

Ingrid_Doweary: Congrats RCS. I need a more rewarding job. Where's your blog on voting located, Daviss. I'd love to read it. ?

daviss: Obama's speech in Chicago was over the top http://mariahszepher.blogspot.com/ there you go ingrid

Ingrid_Doweary: Yeah, I'm getting behind in my reading. Thanks.

daviss: welcome let us know for sure rcs how everything comes out

Ingrid_Doweary: My husband did attend the "Return to Sanity" Rally today in Wash., DC.

daviss: what was his take

Ingrid_Doweary: He said it was a refreshing experience. There was sevility, the sign were more supportive of our current administration and of real solutions.

daviss: thats good to hear ingrid.

Ingrid_Doweary: The atmosphere was more friendly and the turnout was quite huge. I intend to watch it on CSPAN.

daviss: I am really worried about the McDonnels, Angles, and Millers of the world.

Ingrid_Doweary: You have excellent reason to be. From my husband's observation, much of the attendees at the aforementioned rally were concerned also. His take also was that the tea party movement is a hoax because they are more conservative and supportive of Republican platforms.

daviss: hmmmm

Ingrid_Doweary: One of my problems with that particular movement is their claim to comply with the US constitution, but they seem to have a different intrerpretation of the US Constitution.

daviss: my thoughts exactly Ingrid

Ingrid_Doweary: As you may be seen in a clip of O'Donnells's televised debates, many of them are clueless of the actual contents of the US Constitution. Her experience is worse than Palin being unclear on the duties of the US Vice Presidency. Cheney knew but he assumed controversal duties of the VP position.

daviss: great conversation ingrid, but I have to run , You are spot on my friend

Ingrid_Doweary: Been listening to C-SPAN's daily Washington Jrnl program and it is refreshing to hear some callers phoning in more reasonable and logical discussions about the current/historical state of the 3 branches of US government. The role of these 3 branches are al Bye RCS, just to complete the thought, the role of the 3 branches of US govt are also concepts many american voters are unclear about.

rcs: yes indeed

Ingrid_Doweary: Those issues are certainly extremely haunting. Great reasons to urge every American citizen to vote. Done with my soapbox for the evening.

rcs: ok good night!

Ingrid_Doweary: Good nite!

18 Dec 2002 :: 1 Feb 2009
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy